Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it normal to lose all glutes?  (Read 469 times)

XNero123

• Visitor
Is it normal to lose all glutes?
« on: January 31, 2024, 01:28:09 AM »

I'm 3 months post-op, lengthened 4.4 cm with Betzbone nails so far, and had a soft ITB release. I've lost almost all my glutes, and to me, it doesn't feel like typical muscle atrophy due to inactivity. It seems like I can't activate the muscles anymore, as if it's a loose rope, and it's impossible to train those muscles.

Is this normal? If yes, then why? What is the mechanism behind it? If it's not normal, could it be the ITB release? Does anybody know how to address it, and will it return to normal after some time?

Precise2.2

• Visitor
Re: Is it normal to lose all glutes?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 03:02:05 AM »

You need to walk on a treadmill while offsetting weight with your hands. Do some walking backwards and be very diligent on your movement exercises not just the stretching ones. Mainly the ones that focus on glutes. I’ve been post-op almost the same amount of time as you, I lost all my glute muscle almost down to the bone but I was very proactive to work every muscle specially hamstrings and glutes. Msg me if you have more questions

XNero123

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 06:56:12 AM »

Did you get an ITB release? I've been trying to train the glutes isolated, but it's almost impossible. There's just not the needed pre-tension to achieve a noticeable training effect.

Precise2.2

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 08:18:33 PM »

I did get IT band release. I went for a lot of reps, and supported walking landing on the heels vs ball of feet. That what worked for me, body mechanics are different for everyone but I did go through a similar loss as you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up