Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing  (Read 36351 times)

Dark

Re: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2021, 08:01:44 PM »

We got you homie, you're the real MVP for taking the pain head-on!

Dark

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2021, 08:03:15 PM »

allah yusallmak

Activatedxx

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2021, 11:45:04 PM »

allah yusallmak

Thank you so much bro
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Activatedxx

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2021, 11:52:16 PM »

Update on my pain, my left leg could not bear weight without pain so I stayed off my feet but I had to urinate so I would go to the bathroom with my walker and had to put most of my weight on my right leg since my left was painful. Stupid idea, I started having same type of pain but less intense in my right leg. Currently I’ve been in bed all day and the pain has went away since the doctors assistant brought me tramadol a couple hours ago, the painkillers I had were not enough for the type of pain I was experiencing. The Xanax I took made me fall asleep but I woke up with pain few hours later. It has been a lot of constant pain , from moderate to intense, extremely upset at the Airbnb for having such a idiotic construction. Currently I’m fine, just laying in bed and will be for the next coming days. Did physical therapy in bed today and it did worsen the pain I believe. Doctor is saying it is fine, just pain. Will have an X-ray in next few days to make sure. I urinate in a bottle now, I will be staying in bed to be safe from now on, pain has subsided for now but I want to let my body heal so it doesn’t come back so no more walking or even standing until maybe monday
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 12:18:37 AM by Activatedxx »

Activatedxx

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2021, 12:06:10 AM »

Update: I had to make a bowel movement earlier so I got up with my walker, walking to the bathroom was painful when I put weight on my left heel, but if on my left tippy toe I didn’t feel pain, while walking something popped, a cringe cartilage feeling, it was painful but after that I stopped feeling pain when standing on my heel. After having a bowel movement I still felt okay so I took advantage and took a shower, then changed my bandages afterwards.  My left leg is still painful by the inside fold when turning or certain angles, however I feel much better leg wise. I wasn’t able to even walk with a walker the prior days. Currently I’m having problems with my lower back from laying day mostly all day this weekend, I have a herniated disk l4 & l5 from a car accident when a drunk driver hit me and it’s irritated. One does not get a break with this surgery. It’s a cycle, last week I was walking unaided, a couple days ago I was back to square one. I’m anxious to take my X-rays in a couple days to make sure everything is okay
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:16:32 AM by Activatedxx »

Abbot

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2021, 02:39:46 AM »

Sorry for the late update guys. I went through surgery around 2 and woke up at 6:45 in pretty bad pain. Kept half sleeping on and off until 1-2am due to the pain and discomfort. I can understand now when another person that did cll said it feels like getting hit by a car. I was under the impression I would be under an epidural and anesthesia but I think it is just anesthesia I don’t feel anything around my lower back and my legs have feeling.
My right leg hurt way more than my left leg for some reason, but both hurt pretty bad. This is not an easy surgery, mentally it is terrifying
The whole day seems to take forever yesterday. It is mental torture to yourself. I kept cursing myself why am I doing this, I should have just been happy with my height. When they take you to the operation room and you have 7-8 doctors around you and you know your about to have your legs broken you mind screams for you to stop. Physically it was nowhere as bad mentally, and that is not to say it wasn’t bad physically, it’s bad pain physically but way more mentally for me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/tBSJPqm

This is a picture of my fixator ^
I woke up with a catheter inside and a little blood around my penis. The nurses would not let me eat until 11 but because they were giving me pain medicine I started throwing up liquid

Yes!  People seem to forget the pain and discomfort a person goes thru with these surgeries.  If you are older like me I do not recommend.  The body does not respond as well and mentally it is a challenge to get thru this.  You muse have a companion for help, shopping, etc .  I had no help initially and quite frankly had some breakdowns bc a person does not have a clue how difficult the entire process is.....think hard and talk to a couple patients of the docs you want to see!

moretallpls

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2021, 01:15:14 PM »

hope you get better man, we all be waiting your x rays are good. Cant you change to other airbnb or place with elevator or no stairs ?

Activatedxx

« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2021, 03:35:21 PM »

hope you get better man, we all be waiting your x rays are good. Cant you change to other airbnb or place with elevator or no stairs ?

Thanks a ton man, I could but because I paid for it and I would lose my money no refund. I have just been staying in. The mornings I usually feel the most discomfort but since I have been prescribed tramadol and Xanax it has helped me cope a lot better. I don’t fear getting addicted or anything, once these fixators are off I will feel so much better I just have to wing it for now. Also today and the next couple days until my X-ray I am decreasing from 1.25mm per day to .75m

My physical therapist is about to be here. I have noticed a very slight decrease in flexibility since lengthening, I should be at around 1.3cm now

Knee range of motion
https://imgur.com/gallery/rXPJbpZ
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 04:36:13 PM by Activatedxx »

moretallpls

« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2021, 10:51:27 PM »

please would be nice if you tell how you feel less flexibility along you are lengthening. i always thought at the first 4 cm there is not much difference and after the 6 is when it gets most noticeable

houssamkarmouchi

• Visitor
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2021, 12:10:15 AM »

Yeah you have right

Activatedxx

« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2021, 11:21:45 AM »

please would be nice if you tell how you feel less flexibility along you are lengthening. i always thought at the first 4 cm there is not much difference and after the 6 is when it gets most noticeable

It’s a minimal decrease, barely noticeable

moretallpls

« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2021, 12:47:48 PM »

Mate how did you contact with Buldu ? Im trying to get some information for planning my surgery but al i get is tourism companies as livelafitaller, wannabetaller, etc.. And makes me suspicious that here in the forum there are few fake users promoting and posting as they were patients telling buldu is a hero, buldu is not like others, contact me for information blablabla

Activatedxx

« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2021, 03:26:22 PM »

532 356 48 75
This is his number in WhatsApp
Make sure to press turkey for the country so it is +90 532 356 48 75
He does the operation almost every single day he is in the operation room, but I only 3 weeks post op I can’t say an opinion until I fully heal

moretallpls

« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2021, 12:28:46 AM »

Thanks mate, try to be positive and patience. I read in other post you already regret doing lon on femur. Why ? Think it would be better on tibia ? Be positive I'm sure you will be very happy after the lightening, it's the bad part of the process

Activatedxx

« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2021, 12:52:22 PM »

Thanks mate, try to be positive and patience. I read in other post you already regret doing lon on femur. Why ? Think it would be better on tibia ? Be positive I'm sure you will be very happy after the lightening, it's the bad part of the process

Because fixator on femur is very very hard, more pain and discomfort, especially the first couple weeks
On tibia it is way easy

Activatedxx

« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2021, 12:53:04 PM »

Since I have been prescribed stronger medicines my pain and discomfort has been greatly relieved. It is definitely still there but it feels so much better now with Xanax and tramadol (not taking at same time).
The mornings used to be the best time, now since I am staying home and resting mostly it is the worst time, when I wake up usually I take tramadol because my legs are very achy sore and painful from being in same position at night. When the tramadol wears off I take a dolorex and half Xanax and this keeps me comfortable for the rest of the day, then the other half Xanax before I sleep. I will be doing more physical therapy and I have a new sense of hope that I can get through the lengthening phase with these narcotics. My sleep quality has improved x2 at the least, obviously not near pre-op but I feel rested and don’t wake up multiple times in the night.
I will quit them completely when I don’t need them ( shortly after frame removal ). I have very strong willpower and was able to quit vaping habit couple months before surgery even though it was hard physically/mentally my mind overcame it easily. I have been taking the pain face first since being discharged I’ve only had weak painkillers and they never worked relieving the pain fully. Turkeys painkillers seem to be way less potent than America’s but the recent ones I’ve got are good and it really helps me get through the day. It seems the days have been flying by when taking the Xanax and painkillers since I’m more comfortable with minor problems, before it was painful and slow. Also since I have been allowed to shower now I usually do every other day and change my bandages, but I find the showers relieve a ton of discomfort/pain by the hot and cold method. I use the handheld sprayer and put really hot water on my thighs knees and tibias front/rear for a minute then switch it to very cold water for a minute and I do this about 5 times, works like a charm. Still have the pain in my left leg inner fold. It’s better now but still prevents me from walking unassisted like I used to.

The X-ray guy just came, weirdly funny guy. Joked around and said I have sexy legs, after xray he said good news you’re not pregnant.
I’ve always lengthened evenly But the 1MM discrepancy is from the surgery the guy said and even though some people lengthen one leg slightly more that femur might be shorter than the other leg due to starting discrepancy. No one has perfectly equal leg length, and he said the last week we will correct it to get equal length of both femurs

My X-ray results
https://imgur.com/gallery/xkE3EcT

Activatedxx

« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2021, 01:53:21 PM »

Also for the pain in my left leg they are saying most likely tendon or muscle strain and will eventually go away on its on own. I feel like the left leg nail looks slightly deviated but doctor is said everything looks good after trolling me a little. I hope so.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qqm0aP6
(Photo doesn’t show left^ only doctor response)

At first I had thought I had bone clicking but it was just fluid, now I have real bone clicking occasionally when walking which feels like something hitting the inside of your femur, it’s only slightly painful but it’s an extremely uncomfortable feeling and makes you stop what you’re doing for 5-10 seconds and take a deep breath.

Photo attached, as time goes on the external femurs become slightly more comfortable as your thigh gets longer the shiny metal part where you turn to lengthen goes up towards the end of the rail. https://imgur.com/gallery/7Z8iil0
So like when you lengthen 5cm it gets 50mm closer to the end and it helps because it doesn’t dig in the bed when sitting etc. my flexibility and knee rom is very good now but I am only at 1.6-1.7cm

I would never put myself through the suffering again with externals especially the first 1-2 weeks unless maybe tibia but I feel that in my current state and with the medicine I have things are not so bad and bearable. I may feel different when I hit the 5cm mark. At the moment everything is good except my constant worry about the inner fold pain in my left leg. I need to know exactly what it is. If it’s not a big deal i don’t care at all about the minor/moderate pain but I keep worrying about if it’s a possible complication

moretallpls

« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2021, 03:18:40 PM »

Mate don't get stressed thinking something is wrong as the x-ray seems to be good and doctor says that. You are few days to 2cm taller !! What about physio ? they send a doctor to your place or its not included? I guess you only paid for surgery and not the package complete with accommodation and food. What would you recommend now, think it would be easier for me as I'm probably going alone to get the full package surgery, hotel and food? Are you doing exercise or do you have to wait like 1 month o something like that? Are you taking vitamins and calcium ?

moretallpls

« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2021, 03:21:55 PM »

another question, why did you stop vaping for surgery ?? i vape a lot a LOT, is it bad ? did you prepare for the surgery before training and stretching ?

Activatedxx

« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2021, 03:53:03 PM »

Mate don't get stressed thinking something is wrong as the x-ray seems to be good and doctor says that. You are few days to 2cm taller !! What about physio ? they send a doctor to your place or its not included? I guess you only paid for surgery and not the package complete with accommodation and food. What would you recommend now, think it would be easier for me as I'm probably going alone to get the full package surgery, hotel and food? Are you doing exercise or do you have to wait like 1 month o something like that? Are you taking vitamins and calcium ?

I have free ten sessions of physiotherapy. After my next one I pay for them. I do physiotherapy 3 times a week and then with my wife one time a week from memory. I take vitamin D and calcium.

The package doesn’t include food only breakfast, me and my wife eat mostly healthy take out, I did not take the package, I have an Airbnb

Activatedxx

« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2021, 03:56:15 PM »

another question, why did you stop vaping for surgery ?? i vape a lot a LOT, is it bad ? did you prepare for the surgery before training and stretching ?

Yes vaping is very bad, nicotine affects healing and bone growth very negatively. I vaped for about a year prior to quitting. Most doctors won’t operate on patients that vape/smoke/smoke nicotine or even weed.
I didn’t train or stretch at all, I was already very flexible from middle and high school I was a 6th place in state wrestler and track runner. I also did other sports non competitively like swimming for fun etc.

Although I have not worked out in years I still retained a good amount of flexibility

moretallpls

« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2021, 08:47:59 PM »

i vape a lot, will put down nicotine in my mix to 0%. I will try to contact Buldu about this vaping to stop prior to surgery. Do you have the link for all information on what is included and not. Sorry mate, i didn't get if you contacted Buldu by one of the many companies or direct to him. Keep strong and patience just 2 months to go, and you will be freed from the fixator

Activatedxx

« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2021, 08:51:10 PM »

i vape a lot, will put down nicotine in my mix to 0%. I will try to contact Buldu about this vaping to stop prior to surgery. Do you have the link for all information on what is included and not. Sorry mate, i didn't get if you contacted Buldu by one of the many companies or direct to him. Keep strong and patience just 2 months to go, and you will be freed from the fixator

I just contacted him directly and negotiated the price from 16k euro to 15k euro including 10 day hotel and 10 session of physical therapy, that’s all. I planned everything else on my own besides that. You can contact him via the number in the screenshot I posted, just put it in WhatsApp that’s his personal number

Even vaping without nicotine I would tell you to stop. This surgery isn’t a game, it’s extremely serious and anything that affects or hinders your health let go of before you even consider

moretallpls

« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2021, 09:05:19 PM »

mate are you in Istambul lengthening already ? how you doing ?

Dark

« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2021, 05:36:38 PM »

I can second the idea of cutting out any "non-sense" to your body 2-3 months before surgery, including smoking & drinking & eating junk food etc because you really want your body to be in a prime condition during lengthening. Your body needs to be in that state in order to produce sufficient soft tissues to rebuild your leg.

LL is the world's most extreme cosmetic surgery, and the next 6-12 months will be the hardest time you will ever experience in your life (both mentally & physically).

Activatedxx

« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »

Met with a private physical therapist today. I will be doing more exercises now to prepare for the tightness and tension most people experience around 5-6cm. I notice a slight loss in flexibility only when laying flat on my back and having the therapist lift my leg straight to a 90 degree angle. Before surgery I could go past the 90 degree mark but now this 90 degree seems to be my maximum at 2cm mark.

The therapist today used a machine on all my areas of pain / tension that sent little shocks and afterwards massaged them. He showed me how to bend my knees properly when walking with a walker, and corrected my walking posture. We did some stretching and exercises with some ankle weights for a while. Total session lasted about 45 minutes, I paid 30$ usd for this session. It was borderline easy, after I lengthen more it will be harder for sure. My left leg is still weaker/painful around hip/top thigh area than my right, probably due to the left leg nail being not perfectly straight, which he said should not be a problem at all when the bones heal. He said my flexibility and range of motion was very good, let’s hope it stays this way.
Current knee rom: https://imgur.com/gallery/Xl71oY3

The other physical therapist does mostly basic stretches and exercises which are 20 minute sessions. I will be doing 3 sessions with him and 1-2 advanced sessions with the private therapist every week. From what Ive seen/read Exercise and physical therapy very important for recovery and preventing complications/bad posture or gait when walking during higher end of lengthening and after fixator removal.

Besides that not much of to update, I still can’t walk unaided like I used to but I definitely feel less pain when walking and feel easy to walk, stand and sit with my walker. I leave this Airbnb tomorrow to a wheelchair accessible one so I will finally be going out after over a week of staying indoors. Last night I had pain at night in my legs and also lower back that made it hard to fall asleep because I had discomfort no matter what position I picked. I have random hours of 3/10 pain throughout the day and night that come/go for 1-2 hours, usually near top pinsite area or knee area

Bob

« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2021, 07:15:34 PM »

Since I have been prescribed stronger medicines my pain and discomfort has been greatly relieved. It is definitely still there but it feels so much better now with Xanax and tramadol (not taking at same time).
The mornings used to be the best time, now since I am staying home and resting mostly it is the worst time, when I wake up usually I take tramadol because my legs are very achy sore and painful from being in same position at night. When the tramadol wears off I take a dolorex and half Xanax and this keeps me comfortable for the rest of the day, then the other half Xanax before I sleep. I will be doing more physical therapy and I have a new sense of hope that I can get through the lengthening phase with these narcotics. My sleep quality has improved x2 at the least, obviously not near pre-op but I feel rested and don’t wake up multiple times in the night.
I will quit them completely when I don’t need them ( shortly after frame removal ). I have very strong willpower and was able to quit vaping habit couple months before surgery even though it was hard physically/mentally my mind overcame it easily. I have been taking the pain face first since being discharged I’ve only had weak painkillers and they never worked relieving the pain fully. Turkeys painkillers seem to be way less potent than America’s but the recent ones I’ve got are good and it really helps me get through the day. It seems the days have been flying by when taking the Xanax and painkillers since I’m more comfortable with minor problems, before it was painful and slow. Also since I have been allowed to shower now I usually do every other day and change my bandages, but I find the showers relieve a ton of discomfort/pain by the hot and cold method. I use the handheld sprayer and put really hot water on my thighs knees and tibias front/rear for a minute then switch it to very cold water for a minute and I do this about 5 times, works like a charm. Still have the pain in my left leg inner fold. It’s better now but still prevents me from walking unassisted like I used to.

The X-ray guy just came, weirdly funny guy. Joked around and said I have sxxy legs, after xray he said good news you’re not pregnant.
I’ve always lengthened evenly But the 1MM discrepancy is from the surgery the guy said and even though some people lengthen one leg slightly more that femur might be shorter than the other leg due to starting discrepancy. No one has perfectly equal leg length, and he said the last week we will correct it to get equal length of both femurs

My X-ray results
https://imgur.com/gallery/xkE3EcT

To get good bone formation should you do anything different regarding to exercise etc. when you have done tibia lengthening using external fixation (Taylor Spatial Frame) compared to using internal nail and also compared to femur lengthening using LON?

Activatedxx

« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2021, 07:28:40 PM »

To get good bone formation should you do anything different regarding to exercise etc. when you have done tibia lengthening using external fixation (Taylor Spatial Frame) compared to using internal nail and also compared to femur lengthening using LON?

If you can weightbear, good bone formation relies mostly on walking/blood circulation and eating good specifically dairy and taking supplements like vitamin D etc.
I’m not sure if overdoing all this is bad because of possibly leading to early consolidation

Activatedxx

« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2021, 07:38:33 AM »

Day 31 post OP: yesterday was my breaking point mentally, possibly because my wife might leave early her birthday. But also because I hate it here, being so far away from home, being in a foreign country for so long is not an easy thing. It’s not easy for either of us, it feels alienating after so long. It also seems I can’t get comfortable anywhere, in my current condition. There is always pain/discomfort.

I switch places every week, but no place is really set up for me, either the bed is uncomfortable or the bathroom is barely big enough to fit my walker or the wifi sucks terribly. Also, I had some really bad pinsite pain and muscle pain last couple days, it started a week ago and got worse.
So I stopped lengthening the last day and I will not today also. That one day of not lengthening gave me a lot of relief. It really dropped my pain level, not completely but a lot. I guess it makes no sense doing 1.25m some days (I would do 1mm and 1.25m here and there), if it causes you extra pain and to stop. I’m sure when I lengthen even 1mm some pain will come back. My progress will be slow now which sucks. My motivation level is really low, knowing I have some progress made but I’m so far away still after what seems like endless suffering. Even the sometimes when my pain level drops close to 1-2, the discomfort does not go away from the fixators, I can’t sleep in a comfortable position, I take Xanax to sleep, but when I wake up in the morning it’s in a state of pain and discomfort. Night and morning seem to be the hardest. This whole thing is hard, on top of paying money it drains you mentally, physically, & emotionally. So far the small positive thing is I can notice I’m taller than my wife by 3-4cm, before it was only 1cm barely noticeable. But lack of motivation you don’t really even care, you just miss your prior life so much. There’s nothing you can do at this point except keep suffering and recover, if I quit now it’ll all be in the vain.

I can’t wait to have a normal life again God-willing, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to be ungrateful when I do.

P.S. my left nail angle from X-ray worried me slightly, but everyone keeps saying it’s completely fine. upon checking my initial X-ray from the hospital, it looks like it’s always been that way.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2021, 08:44:44 AM »

I know what you mean man. This isn’t easy. Everyday I want to quit.

I’ll wait for my next X-rays to make a decision to stop. If I can only do 4cm, sh*t, 4cm it is. Really sucks, but I miss my life so much dude. Let’s hang in there.

But whatever you do please Call the staff to check to see if you have an infection.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Activatedxx

« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »

I know what you mean man. This isn’t easy. Everyday I want to quit.

I’ll wait for my next X-rays to make a decision to stop. If I can only do 4cm, sh*t, 4cm it is. Really sucks, but I miss my life so much dude. Let’s hang in there.

But whatever you do please Call the staff to check to see if you have an infection.

It was just pinsite pain, it went away after I took a break thank God
I’m gonna try to hang in there, if so probably will end up spending my birthday here lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up