Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the maximum initial distraction  (Read 548 times)

otaku123

• Visitor
What is the maximum initial distraction
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:17:03 PM »

Hey guys I was wondering whats the maximum initial distraction after surgery? I have tibia torsion and I was thinking of fixing it and getting some height in the process. But I dont think I can handle the wait and recovery of actually lengthening day by day. Any idea on what the maximum distraction a surgeon can do right after surgery?  Thanks

Android

Re: What is the maximum initial distraction
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 12:38:58 AM »

Only your doctor can tell you, and it ultimately depends on your bone's unique regeneration rate. You don't want to exceed your body's limits and face non-union, in which the bones are too far apart and become separated, failing to grow.

In general the rate is 1 mm per day, sometimes less depending on the patient. Some people do regenerate faster, but it's not like you can tell your doctor what you want and just get it.

This is not like installing a new part on a car, so tread carefully. If you don't have the time, clear out your schedule and make time. You don't want to knowingly increase risk of potential long-term complications to save a couple weeks.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up