Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Torso length affecting arm length  (Read 14178 times)

Deads

Torso length affecting arm length
« on: December 14, 2015, 05:05:54 AM »

Don't have much time to elaborate, but long story short.. Torso length affects the perception of your arm length. Two people can have the same arm length, but the perception can be different between the both of them depending on their torso length. If your torso is shorter, then your arms will look longer than the person with a longer torso... Check out the pic below, (yes, very nice pic haha) but it shows that all of these girls have the same arm length and height, yet their arms look shorter or longer depending on the torso length.. My torso is naturally longer so I now know why my arms may look additionally shorter. Especially in my mock-ups... It also shows why Arnold Schwarzneggers arms look massively long because he has a very short torso.

On a side note, it also shows that everyone has highly varying proportions and that you can't and shouldn't be single minded when it comes to this subject.

Check it out:

http://imgur.com/lMrwlzb

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:48:57 AM by Deads »

spaghetti743

Re: Torso length affecting arm length
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 05:16:16 AM »

It looks like posture makes a difference as well. I don't think proportions matter at all for women. I know a girl with very long legs that look like they don't match her body and everyone compliments them.

Deads

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 06:39:37 AM »

It looks like posture makes a difference as well. I don't think proportions matter at all for women. I know a girl with very long legs that look like they don't match her body and everyone compliments them.

Posture would make a difference too. If you slouch, you are essentially shortening your torso and your arms will hang lower on your body. In this pic however they all have good, even postures and none of them are slouching... Women can definitely handle longer legs. Long legs are considered attractive (although I'm easy).

The point is though, man or women, longer torso=shorter perceived arm length and shorter torso=longer perceived arm length.

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 07:14:33 AM »

Tbh I don't give a f*ck about arm length and I don't think anyone else does, unless you're in UFC cause then your reach matters.

theuprising

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 07:51:00 AM »

Nothing to do with the topic but a tip of the hat to deads for posting by far the best proportions pic post on the forum.

Deads

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »

Nothing to do with the topic but a tip of the hat to deads for posting by far the best proportions pic post on the forum.

Haha you're welcome.

Tbh I don't give a f*ck about arm length and I don't think anyone else does, unless you're in UFC cause then your reach matters.

I care to a small extent, but it is definitely blown out of proportion amongst LL'ers. You're right. In the real world no one notices or cares (unless you are a fighter). Even when I look up wingspans and arm lengths on Google, it only comes up with professional fighter stats or one of the two LL forums discussing proportions.

But for the people who are anal about it, it was just another insightful way to show that proportions are very individual. So, while your proportions may change after LL, there was no one size fits all set of proportions to have in the first place.

Uppland

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 09:16:03 AM »

Arm length matters a lot, as does your bone thickness but it's not as important as width.

theuprising

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 10:51:54 PM »

Both guys are 5'10

http://imgur.com/jnL3729

Guess which did LL. Yea proportions do kinda matter.

People can look "OK" when posting a mockup picture by themselves but
compared to others naturally that height look pretty odd.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »

Both guys are 5'10

I was refering to this picture so often when I wanted to make clear that you will look different after lengthening than anyone who has his height naturally. This just proofs that it´s impossible to lengthen large amount and still look perfectly normal. Even if this might be an extreme and many people will certanly not look as horrible as this guy, it still shows that proportions do matter.
I´m glad that someone found it again, since I was too lazy too look it up.  ;D

Deads

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 11:23:19 PM »

Both guys are 5'10

The LL guy looks taller.. Either way, he looks as though he definitely lengthened a lot... A lot more then the average 3-4 inches..... If you take LL lengthening to the extreme, then yes, you will look stupid no matter what. Most people can handle a max of 4inches, after that it begins crossing the line where there's no way around looking odd.... Whereas 4inches and below, you can look a little odd (or even completely fine), but not enough to be called out on it.. These 'little' discrepancies are too petty to be concerned about, especially since proportions vary naturally anyway. So, proportions for people lengthening 4inches or under, really need not to be concerned.

Alu

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 11:58:48 PM »

I'm just a slight stricter on my lengthening limits for proportions. I think 5 cm (2 inches), universally everyone (who isn't already a leggy model), can easily recover and look good. 3 inches is a stretch where most can handle, but a handful will look good. 4 inches is much less so.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 12:10:41 AM »

The LL guy looks taller.. Either way, he looks as though he definitely lengthened a lot... A lot more then the average 3-4 inches..... If you take LL lengthening to the extreme, then yes, you will look stupid no matter what. Most people can handle a max of 4inches, after that it begins crossing the line where there's no way around looking odd.... Whereas 4inches and below, you can look a little odd (or even completely fine), but not enough to be called out on it.. These 'little' discrepancies are too petty to be concerned about, especially since proportions vary naturally anyway. So, proportions for people lengthening 4inches or under, really need not to be concerned.
He went from 168 to 178 If I remember correctly. Either way he didn't do much more than 10cm's. I think you may have underedtimated the importance of porportions. I don't think that you can look normal after 10cm's. Someone posted videos of a guy who did 10cm's with paley and he looked weird too (much better than this guy though).

theuprising

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 12:31:28 AM »

That guy did 4 inches.

Deads

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 04:56:12 AM »

That guy did 4 inches.

Wow. He looks like   after 4 inches. I'm doing 9cm haha...  It would be good to get a better picture of him as it isn't the best, but it just reinforces that you have to take a holistic approach when it comes to proportions.... I would never lengthen any lower then for a total of 3inches (meaning it can be lower over two portions for a total of 3 inches). Anything lower isn't noticeable enough for me.. Anything more then 4 inches is going to be bad for recovery and proportions.

theuprising

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 05:21:55 AM »

Rather than mock ups I think the real test of proportions is how you look next to people naturally that height after you've had LL. As that is what the general public will use as a comparison point, not ratios and torso to leg length etc. And its when people are compared to the nattys that it becomes obvious they look weird.

Now surely there must be a body comparison app ;D

Deads

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 06:22:29 AM »

Rather than mock ups I think the real test of proportions is how you look next to people naturally that height after you've had LL. As that is what the general public will use as a comparison point, not ratios and torso to leg length etc. And its when people are compared to the nattys that it becomes obvious they look weird.

Now surely there must be a body comparison app ;D

That wouldn't always be a good indicator because of the diversity in proportions as shown by the pic of the girls.

theuprising

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 06:59:42 AM »

That wouldn't always be a good indicator because of the diversity in proportions as shown by the pic of the girls.

You put a girl who has done 4 inches of LL compared to those girls with natural proportions you'll spot it straight away.

Deads

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 07:22:56 AM »

You put a girl who has done 4 inches of LL compared to those girls with natural proportions you'll spot it straight away.

How?

One has a long torso and short legs, one has long legs and a very short torso, and the perception of their arm length is different between all three. One looks as though her arms are really short, one looks as though her arms are really long, the middle woman is smack bang in the middle. None are right or wrong. There is no official prototype of proportions.

theuprising

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 07:45:27 AM »

How?

Simple, get someone to add 4 inches to one of the girls and see how she compares. Maybe a couple of posters could have a go for fairness sake so there are multiple versions.

Deads

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 09:22:35 AM »

Simple, get someone to add 4 inches to one of the girls and see how she compares. Maybe a couple of posters could have a go for fairness sake so there are multiple versions.

I thought the point of this exercise was to compare two people of the same height.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 09:54:59 AM »

Everyone will be able to spot the one who lengthened 3-4 inches right away. There is no way you can hide even 3 inches, when you take pictures next to a person who has the same height naturally (in underwear or at the beach).
Your arms will be shorter, your shoulders will be narrower in 90% of the cases, your hands and feet will be smaller and your torso will look shorter too.

PatientZero

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 10:47:42 AM »

Everyone will be able to spot the one who lengthened 3-4 inches right away. There is no way you can hide even 3 inches, when you take pictures next to a person who has the same height naturally (in underwear or at the beach).
Your arms will be shorter, your shoulders will be narrower in 90% of the cases, your hands and feet will be smaller and your torso will look shorter too.

Before you found out about this forum you never paid attention to proportions, don't BS yourself. And everyone, as in the other 7 billion other people on this earth who doesn't know about LL, for sure they can spot an LLer huh.

Okay, I'll agree 4 inches one segment is too much, but plenty have done 3 inches to varying degrees of aesthetics, especially if you have short femurs to begin with. And those who do 10cm across 2 segments? I've seen a few in shorts and they look fantastic.

Let's reuse my example from one of the previous threads:  Briana Banks (adult star) is 5'10 with 36" inseam. For comparison, people in the 6'4+ range have 36" inseams. So lets just say she lengthened 6 inches on her legs. In this photo she's even wearing heels so lets raise it to 8 inches lengthened for fun.

Her legs are natural.. no wait, everyone can tell she did LL, she'd better hide them. Her ratios exist naturally in the human population, so stop tormenting yourself and others by becoming a proportion expert.
Real patient doing internal femur LL, not a pretender.

PatientZero

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »

Wow. He looks like crap after 4 inches. I'm doing 9cm haha...

Lol Deads. "4 inches is ugly, 3.55 inches is just right!"

Deads

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 12:21:07 PM »

Let's reuse my example from one of the previous threads: Briana Banks

Yes! Let's!

And while we're at it.. any future discussion on this topic is to use similar content.

.... Wait what did you just say?  36" inseam on a 5"10 frame? Patientzero, DO NOT post pictures of beautiful women on here unless they have perfect proportions! We are a community that hold ourselves to a higher standard and what you have just posted is quite utterly disgusting. I'm sure many others on here will agree! I mean, how did she ever make it in the adult industry with such imperfections??! It's truly baffling.

Lol Deads. "4 inches is ugly, 3.55 inches is just right!"

Hahaha! Clearly 0.45 of an inch is the difference between night and day!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:12:39 PM by Deads »

Alu

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »

Let's reuse my example from one of the previous threads:  Briana Banks (adult star) is 5'10 with 36" inseam. For comparison, people in the 6'4+ range have 36" inseams. So lets just say she lengthened 6 inches on her legs. In this photo she's even wearing heels so lets raise it to 8 inches lengthened for fun.

Her legs are natural.. no wait, everyone can tell she did LL, she'd better hide them. Her ratios exist naturally in the human population, so stop tormenting yourself and others by becoming a proportion expert.

The thing is her other limbs are proportional to her overall appearance. Her arms are clearly not shorter by any means. At the same time, let's face it we are more inclined to find women with long legs to be attractive. Also, I question how she measured he inseam considering most people just go with the pants size and not the crotch to floor-barefooted method this community should and is accustomed to use.

Find me a naturally long legged guy with an inseam to height ratio that is (or seems) to be 46-48% and I, along with others here, will be able to sleep soundly; I myself don't care much about arm length anymore considering that I'm going to keep an Ape Index -2 inches (which is natural, albeit it sparse). ;D

spaghetti743

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 05:29:17 PM »

Anderson Silva legs look longer then his entire body at some angles.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2015, 08:53:43 PM »

Before you found out about this forum you never paid attention to proportions, don't BS yourself. And everyone, as in the other 7 billion other people on this earth who doesn't know about LL, for sure they can spot an LLer huh.

Okay, I'll agree 4 inches one segment is too much, but plenty have done 3 inches to varying degrees of aesthetics, especially if you have short femurs to begin with. And those who do 10cm across 2 segments? I've seen a few in shorts and they look fantastic
Perhaps we have a different definition of fantastic but I'havent seen any fantastic looking LL'ers yet (after 3 inches) and I doubt that I will anytime soon.
Of course most people will not pay attention to this but it will be visible!
The picture you posted shows a long legged women in heigh heels! You can't compare her to any one of us here, first of all shes a woman, men with legs this long aren't that attractive. The next thing you didn't think about is that her frame and overall proportions are still proprtionate for someone 5'10. Her shoulders have a normal size, her feet and hands have a normal size and most importantly her arms aren't short!
No one who started at 168 could look like that after 10cm's.

theuprising

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 02:12:26 AM »

Patient Zero can you link some pics to the LL patients who looked great after 10cm. I want to believe!

PatientZero

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 04:49:07 AM »

Patient Zero can you link some pics to the LL patients who looked great after 10cm. I want to believe!

Sorry, my opinions are based on my experiences consulting with docs in the US & Europe where I saw two quadrilateral cases. Also, one of the guys staying in the same complex here is also a quad patient, not sure how much he's gained to date but I wish I was him!

PatientZero

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 05:00:02 AM »

The thing is her other limbs are proportional to her overall appearance. Her arms are clearly not shorter by any means. At the same time, let's face it we are more inclined to find women with long legs to be attractive. Also, I question how she measured he inseam considering most people just go with the pants size and not the crotch to floor-barefooted method this community should and is accustomed to use.

Yeah, it helps that she has long arms to match, but just look at where her belly button is. Doesn't need a tape measure to show her legs are longer than normal.

Alu

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 06:36:27 AM »

Sorry, my opinions are based on my experiences consulting with docs in the US & Europe where I saw two quadrilateral cases. Also, one of the guys staying in the same complex here is also a quad patient, not sure how much he's gained to date but I wish I was him!

With this in mind with whom and where are you doing LL?
What's your plan anyways? I don't think you really mentioned much mate; curious query of mine.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up