Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions for surgeons? Here's your chance...  (Read 2945 times)

limbcllnea

Re: Questions for surgeons? Here's your chance...
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2021, 11:45:13 PM »

Yeah Antonio111111 I asked if they could speak on this if I ask the question. Not sure how much detail he can go into so guess we'll see.

Less importance on exactly what happened to the patient. He's probably going to give excuses of legality and privacy. and we know already what happened: PE.

More importance on what EXACTLY will he do in the FUTURE to prevent this. There is NO excuse to not speak on this. Even if it gets you uncomfortable victor, he has to answer this.

chicitita

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2021, 12:15:21 AM »

How many of his patients are women and what is the difference for women and men for recovering and for bone consolidation?

Masteryourlife

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2021, 01:09:51 AM »

Less importance on exactly what happened to the patient. He's probably going to give excuses of legality and privacy. and we know already what happened: PE.

More importance on what EXACTLY will he do in the FUTURE to prevent this. There is NO excuse to not speak on this. Even if it gets you uncomfortable victor, he has to answer this.
I honestly doubt he will take the interview and turn it down .
But we never know , credit to him if he takes it and clarify.
As you said he will not admit a mistake because he would go to jail .
But ye maybe give to the question a porpuse so that no matter what legal action there are ,he can say something .

canterk

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »

Yes want to know more about the case of the patient who died but understandable if he doesn't want to talk about it.

I honestly doubt he will take the interview and turn it down .
But we never know , credit to him if he takes it and clarify.
As you said he will not admit a mistake because he would go to jail .
But ye maybe give to the question a porpuse so that no matter what legal action there are ,he can say something .
Can he be jailed for malpractice even if the patient died more than 1 month after the surgery?

How many of his patients are women and what is the difference for women and men for recovering and for bone consolidation?
This is also interesting. I think on this forum most of us here are male and we don't have much info on females doing the surgery, so this is additional knowledge for all if he answers it.

cyborg4life

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2021, 03:58:58 AM »

Well as far as I know we're still on for tomorrow. I feel like it was asked a while back in a previous session but I'll see if I can fit the question in about female patients, if not I will ask the next surgeon.
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life

thankscience

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2021, 07:05:18 AM »

I have a couple of questions for Dr Giotikas:

-Why did he chose to use the G-nail over other manual weight-bearing nails like the Betz nail, etc?
-How does he prevent "runaway" lengthening when the G-nail does not have a mechanism to reverse lengthening (in the way that Stryde does)?
-How is G-nail able to lengthen up to 1cm safely during surgery? Wouldn't this have an adverse impact on stretching the surrounding nerves/tendons?
-What tests/examinations does he typically do for each patient before surgery?
-For patients who cannot stay in Greece more than 90 days due to not being an EU citizen, how does he manage post-care?

Thank you!

tacoma94

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2021, 11:52:19 AM »

Hey Cyborg4life,

I have these questions:
1. I am aware the Stryde nail comes in 10, 11.5, and 13 mm, with lengths of 235, 250, and 265 mm. Are there advantages to using a smaller nail? A few I can think of:
- Less aggressive reaming of canal -> easier surgery, less risk of FES
- Stability
2. What is average femoral bone canal diameter for male? What is the formula doctors use to determine extent of reaming?

canadian

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2021, 01:37:12 PM »

Hey CyborgForLife,

I want to ask Dr. Marie Gdalevitch why does not do cosmetic LL unilaterally i.e, left first and then right or vice versa? What are the risks she sees that it should be avoided even though it lets the patient be more mobile and reduces chances of embolisms?

Thanks Victor.

alwayslucky

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2021, 04:03:47 AM »

Hey,CyborgForLife! I would like to ask any doctor a question, that is, what are the physical conditions for ll surgery? For example, some hidden diseases are not easy to detect by ourselves. We need hospital testing to know whether we are suitable for this operation. I was afraid that after working hard for a long time, I was told by the doctor that I couldn't do the operation

Masteryourlife

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2021, 07:30:52 PM »

Hey Victor, could you bring back Dr.Lee in an interview and also contact doctor Kevin tetsworth ?
He often appears with Lee and Thaller in international convention and he seems pretty knowledgeable.
I personaly have no interest in getting this done in Australia but I would like to have more doctors who do not promote LL a lot but have 20+ years experience .
I want the procedure done by a good surgeon but not by someone who is taking advantage of my insecurity to get my money ,therefore I wish we could have on this forum less of  some butchers and more of respectable surgeons/mans .
After recent case I feel we need to refresh some names and stop promoting some surgeons as "skilled" just because their names appears more in this forum .
A lot of top notch surgeons do not perform this or advertise it for cosmetic reasons therefore we might be missing huge opportunities next to us to reach incompetent ones across the globe just because more popular here .

I feel it would be beneficial so please take a look at him since he started his career in Baltimore and trained under Paley as well .

(I know Australian government is against it if I am not wrong but an interview would not hurt .
Maybe he do not promote but still perform is you have the money for it )

cyborg4life

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2021, 03:22:49 AM »

Gotcha tacoma94 I'll ask that question tomorrow about nail size effects.

Masteryourlife I have heard good things about Dr. Tetsworth also, I'll have to look into him more.

Another surgeon who doesn't care to promote stature lengthening much but definitely is experienced enough, highly regarded by other surgeons and in Australia is Dr. Munjed Al Muderis. In our interview on osseointegration, Dr. Rozbruch mentioned Dr. Muderis is a top talent in OI, which makes a LL procedure look easy. I reached out for interview but no response yet. I bet if I asked for OI he'd be all over it since it's a rapidly growing field and bc CLL is probably not a big scope of practice like the others you mentioned.

Reminder - tomorrow 6pm EST - Dr. Conway will be on LL LIVE. She's actually another who doesn't promote stature lengthening much but very experienced.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2021, 12:30:08 PM »

Gotcha tacoma94 I'll ask that question tomorrow about nail size effects.

Masteryourlife I have heard good things about Dr. Tetsworth also, I'll have to look into him more.

Another surgeon who doesn't care to promote stature lengthening much but definitely is experienced enough, highly regarded by other surgeons and in Australia is Dr. Munjed Al Muderis. In our interview on osseointegration, Dr. Rozbruch mentioned Dr. Muderis is a top talent in OI, which makes a LL procedure look easy. I reached out for interview but no response yet. I bet if I asked for OI he'd be all over it since it's a rapidly growing field and bc CLL is probably not a big scope of practice like the others you mentioned.

Reminder - tomorrow 6pm EST - Dr. Conway will be on LL LIVE. She's actually another who doesn't promote stature lengthening much but very experienced.
Yes , those doctors are what I personally need to look for .
I wish more doctors where more open to suggest others like dr.Lee and Rozbruch did .
From a top notch surgeon , a suggestion towards someone is a big thing , more then few diares ..therefore if they and maybe Paley as well , put out there some names about doctors who do not promote CLL but are equally skilled ,the community would benefit A LOT .
I understand that might take couple patients from them but they already made history in the orthopedic field so I believe those extra k would not impact them the way it would impact this community  if we had  ACTUALLY more talented and moral surgeons .

Highest

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »

Hey cyborg another question. Are there any risks to patients getting dental treatment eg getting a crown replaced during limb lengthening?

Limbfan2020

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2021, 01:01:27 PM »

Hi Victor,

my question to LL docs:

Does it make sense to wear a smart watch (like Apple Watch Series 6) after the surgery to monitor blood oxygen in order to detect a potential pulmonary embolism?

cyborg4life

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2021, 10:39:58 PM »

Got your questions Limbfan2020 and Highest thanks.

Also here's the LL LIVE episode with Dr. Conway where we answered some patient questions that were asked in this thread.

Medium Drink of Water's was at 18:45 and the one many were worried about on pulmonary embolism was at 20:30

mod

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2021, 05:04:06 AM »

Hey CyborgForLife,

I want to ask Dr. Marie Gdalevitch why does not do cosmetic LL unilaterally i.e, left first and then right or vice versa? What are the risks she sees that it should be avoided even though it lets the patient be more mobile and reduces chances of embolisms?

Thanks Victor.

My questions to Dr Marie:

"How necessary is it to know French as a CLL patient in Montreal who is coming there from outside solely for CLL?"

"If a patient cannot stay in Montreal for the full duration of lengthening is there anything that can be done to accommodate them?"

mod

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2021, 05:17:00 AM »

Hey CyborgForLife,

Thanks Victor.

This is an interesting approach for CLL. Even though it reduces the chances of embolism per surgery does it not double the total chances because you're doing the procedure twice?

Siegfried is doing this with Dr Kohne and what you say about mobility is true. He is not using a wheelchair and is on crutches. I am also tempted by this but the idea of stretching out this whole ordeal for a year seems daunting. But so does staying in a wheelchair for 6 months haha. Ever since Stryde was taken off the shelves I have been extremely hesitant to commit to this surgery because the sight of a wheelchair scares me.

cyborg4life

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2021, 12:17:09 AM »

I'll be sure to ask thanks mod.

Here's the link to the last surgeon LL LIVE Q&A of the year with Dr. Marie Gdalevitch of Montreal, Canada. I have a list of submitted questions but we should have time for some from the live chat too. We should be going live in about 15min from now but you can just watch it later of course...

zaozari

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2022, 01:48:51 PM »

Lol WHY? We should be asking these questions! Its a matter of a lost life.

She's 100% right in this case. And that's why we are here and doctors there: to answer as best as we can any patient or fellow concern (or ask questions). We have right to be optimistic but others, provided they don't become just fear mongering and destructive, also have the right to be more afraid or skeptical, and at the same time LL being as important to them as to others...

(I won't elaborate more on this forum about that, but two of the mainstream doctors in this forum had at least one death each, altough possibly not their direct fault - but they couldn't avoid outcome after manifestation either: thrombosis due to clots)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 02:51:53 PM by zaozari »

SpeedDialer

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2022, 04:09:38 AM »

What was the fate of hearing about why the Giotikas patient died? Was it fat embolism? Could the patient have done anything?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up