Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV  (Read 171635 times)

Sweden

Re: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV
« Reply #403 on: August 05, 2014, 01:02:27 AM »

............. Also, it's a cool thing to have done in life  ;D

Personally I've stopped trying to understand other peoples choices. I haven't done all the best choices in life but many others have done much worse which is none of my business.

I just might try to do my upper arms for 2-3cm. That's gonna make my wingspan equal to my new height next year.
Don't take it so seriously, I'm just dreaming away now. The clock is 3 am here and it's too hot to sleep.
I'm not so sure doing upper arms is a good idea. Imagine your elbows be down at your hip  ;D

Goodnight!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

crimsontide

« Reply #404 on: August 05, 2014, 01:05:29 AM »

one difference there.... i did not state bagirov was bad, or say don't go to him... perhaps you missed that, its understandable when you are  overwhelmed with rage and fury from my posts

and btw, a little fyi, i am not a dr, but i have seen  how top drs treat conditions such as these... and i can walk... i just can't turn.... but once i get a release, ill be  able to do that too

as for your assertion i will have permanent issues down the line.... i see I've gotten to you.... what you say might, not likely,... but might be true if i had decided to  not get second opinions....

you want to  see me get permanent issues, because you think i  belittle you  on an anonymous message board... you know the dylan song positively 4th street....... i am in your head

dr wannabe, can you please tell me the permanent issues i will get??

be concise  please... ty

crimsontide

« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2014, 01:08:49 AM »

............. Also, it's a cool thing to have done in life  ;D

Personally I've stopped trying to understand other peoples choices. I haven't done all the best choices in life but many others have done much worse which is none of my business.

I just might try to do my upper arms for 2-3cm. That's gonna make my wingspan equal to my new height next year.
Don't take it so seriously, I'm just dreaming away now. The clock is 3 am here and it's too hot to sleep.
I'm not so sure doing upper arms is a good idea. Imagine your elbows be down at your hip  ;D

Goodnight!

goodnight.... you'll be fine

Wannabegiant

« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2014, 01:15:03 AM »

one difference there.... i did not state bagirov was bad, or say don't go to him... perhaps you missed that, its understandable when you are  overwhelmed with rage and fury from my posts

and btw, a little fyi, i am not a dr, but i have seen  how top drs treat conditions such as these... and i can walk... i just can't turn.... but once i get a release, ill be  able to do that too

as for your assertion i will have permanent issues down the line.... i see I've gotten to you.... what you say might, not likely,... but might be true if i had decided to  not get second opinions....

you want to  see me get permanent issues, because you think i  belittle you  on an anonymous message board... you know the dylan song positively 4th street....... i am in your head

dr wannabe, can you please tell me the permanent issues i will get??

be concise  please... ty

You said it was a mistake going to Bagirov. And you claim they are partly to blame for your problems. However we can dismiss all of that which you are saying since you have severe ballerina. Thats what you are doing in regards to the russian guy, who btw can walk, if what you can do now (as you have described it) qualifies as walking then he is in a better shape than you are. You both need aid to walk. No difference there.

And im hardly angry, its 3 am and i have nothing better to do right now, i dont care about your results, Its quite hilarious the childlike reasoning you have. The only reason im still here refuting you is because your diary could affect others decisions.

Its more than likely to happen to you if you get a release. In fact since you lengthened 8 cm and at a fast speed you are likely to have some issues permanently regardless if you do a release or not. But if i actually cared enough to want you to ruin your own body i wouldnt have given you any advice here from the start.

I dont see how you could belittle me when you are the one in the embarrassing condition. I dont care about your opinion.

crimsontide

« Reply #407 on: August 05, 2014, 01:33:10 AM »

well... mistake.... hmmmmm, in the long run,  it won't matter but short term, probably... i guess that's a fair statement...  again, its not a universal statement though

i can do more than russian guy now actually... as far as  flexibility... though I've lengthened almost twice the amount he has, and had surgery 7 months after him....

refuting... hmmm.... we must have a different definition of refutation, but ok:)

again,   you state I'm likely to have some permanent issues... we'll, how about backing  up that statement

you obviously care about my opinion... otherwise you wouldn't be replying to my every word... and its been all day, not just now..... that you say you don't care shows how much you really do care....

btw, i had surgery in early april... I've lengthened slightly below 8 cm... comes out to around a little less than 2 cm a month... which means less than 1mm a day

wannabe, go to sleep...

Wannabegiant

« Reply #408 on: August 05, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »

well... mistake.... hmmmmm, in the long run,  it won't matter but short term, probably... i guess that's a fair statement...  again, its not a universal statement though

i can do more than russian guy now actually... as far as  flexibility... though I've lengthened almost twice the amount he has, and had surgery 7 months after him....

refuting... hmmm.... we must have a different definition of refutation, but ok:)

again,   you state I'm likely to have some permanent issues... we'll, how about backing  up that statement

you obviously care about my opinion... otherwise you wouldn't be replying to my every word... and its been all day, not just now..... that you say you don't care shows how much you really do care....

btw, i had surgery in early april... I've lengthened slightly below 8 cm... comes out to around a little less than 2 cm a month... which means less than 1mm a day

wannabe, go to sleep...

Im in my house and on my computer most of the day until im done with LL. And it doesnt take long to write a response because you are repeating yourself with the same stupid arguments every time.

I already said i care about how it affects other future patients. Why in the world would i care about your result? lmfao dont flatter yourself, i dont care about you or your legs. You will do what want to do with your legs regardless of the advice you get, not like i can affect that. I can affect what others think by refuting your excuses as to why you ended up in this sad state.

Your problems will matter long term. be in denial all you want. Getting a release has long term/permanent negative effects. Lengthening 8 cm and at faster than recommended speed also, if you get nails you will get other additional problems. Plates are largely unknown how they will affect you long term.

He has as much flexibility as you if not more so. he has ballerina in one foot. You have in both and its more severe, as you said yourself it was extreme. And you have the choice of doing pt (which will be better long term but 7 months from now you will likely still have problems with it) or you can do the lazy and easy way and doing a release which will instead have a permanent effect on your tendon strength.

crimsontide

« Reply #409 on: August 05, 2014, 02:21:30 AM »

wannabe,

you do realize that when i say do not reply... or go to sleep.... i know you will reply...  i mean, you must have figured this out by now... ever hear the song... I'm your puppet....   great song btw, anyway

nails... who cares,I'm not getting nails.... getting a release,  well, don't get me wrong  wannabe, i don't doubt your medical qualifications, but perhaps we can  see some statistics on cll patients that get releases... plates do not cause knee issues... I've been explicitly told this by more than 1 top dr

as far as him having more flexibility.... you are simply    arguing to argue... i can right now, while having ballerina, and 7  months less time to consolidate, squat,etc.... though again, i can't be sure at this moment how flexible he is.... unlike yourself... i'm not all knowing

again wannabe, maybe I'm in denial.. its possible... but   you don't seem to have articulated what my future permanent problems will be??? id be in a better position to reply if you actually stated  what my long term issues will be... i don't mean to denigrate your  obviously vast knowledge of medical knowledge... god forbid... id just like   you to    enlighten us with some of your wisdom

wannabe, if i'm stupid, as you put it, then   what word describes the person that engages in pointless back and forth with said stupid person?

think  deeply about this... breathe in and out....  you  care far too much about what i think or post.... you're thinking way too much about me... in a way it's flattering, but also a bit creepy .. ......

Overdozer

« Reply #410 on: August 05, 2014, 02:32:59 AM »

Ballerina is very individual by the way! I've lengthened more than 7cm and I had no signs of it, while there was a guy, who lengthened like 3 cm and had a very bad ballerina already. He also couldn't straigthen his legs.

I believe you should try doing PT like 2 hours a day before going for a release surgery. Do it for a few weeks, see if it has any results, and if not...
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2014, 03:01:40 AM »

wannabe,

you do realize that when i say do not reply... or go to sleep.... i know you will reply...  i mean, you must have figured this out by now... ever hear the song... I'm your puppet....   great song btw, anyway

nails... who cares,I'm not getting nails.... getting a release,  well, don't get me wrong  wannabe, i don't doubt your medical qualifications, but perhaps we can  see some statistics on cll patients that get releases... plates do not cause knee issues... I've been explicitly told this by more than 1 top dr

as far as him having more flexibility.... you are simply    arguing to argue... i can right now, while having ballerina, and 7  months less time to consolidate, squat,etc.... though again, i can't be sure at this moment how flexible he is.... unlike yourself... i'm not all knowing

again wannabe, maybe I'm in denial.. its possible... but   you don't seem to have articulated what my future permanent problems will be??? id be in a better position to reply if you actually stated  what my long term issues will be... i don't mean to denigrate your  obviously vast knowledge of medical knowledge... god forbid... id just like   you to    enlighten us with some of your wisdom

wannabe, if i'm stupid, as you put it, then   what word describes the person that engages in pointless back and forth with said stupid person?

think  deeply about this... breathe in and out....  you  care far too much about what i think or post.... you're thinking way too much about me... in a way it's flattering, but also a bit creepy .. ......

Crimson i know its hard for you to understand this simple fact..but there is a reason nobody cares about you and that you are alone in this situation.

im sorry i hurt your sensitive feelings, not my intention. I just want other people to know that things like releases and lengthening 8 cm with very little stretching and expecting things to work out is stupid, and completely unrealistic.

Now i know you desperately want someone to care about you which is why you are making silly statements like that. You can believe what you want, if it makes you stop whining. Its definitely creepy though the way you try to convince yourself of things that are completely untrue.

The Russian Guy

• Visitor
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »

Hi everyone. I see you guys are in a sort of a dispute here.

I'm that "Russian guy" who you are talking about, in person.  :)  8)

I'd like to explain my point of view.

As for the clinic, I can quote you hundrends of positive comments on Russian boards about the clinic. Let me know if it's needed, you can use any web page translator.

As for my own case, I've never blamed Bagoriv about it, like 99% of cases I've seen are similar to Wannabegiant's case, of course there are always some people who are a bit unlucky, but the contract people sign with the clinic clearly states: it's a risky surgery and there is a change you could have some complications.

So, yes, it's been since September, I've lengthened some 4,5-4,7cm (different on each legs, since they were not of the same length    ;) ) and I still have some problems to walk on one leg, the right one, due to ballerina problems. I've also had a severe infection about a month after the surgery, which of course slowed down the process, but can I blame anybody apart from me about it?

Also different people have different bone consolidation speed ... I've been practicing a lot of sports, healthy life, no smoking, no alcohol ... so I expected to be done by March ... and I'm still waiting to remove at least one of the frames. But again, I'm not blaming anyone apart from bad luck, in fact not even myself, cause I've been doing my best do recover asap.

As for Crimsontide's case, I've offered all sort of advise since the very beginning, we've also had a couple of Skype conversations and some written chat. I've explained the same stuff to Wannabegiant and Crimsontide and as far as I know clinic's assistant Anna had also been in contact with Crimsontide.

I'd say pretty much anyone would know doing more than 4-5cm is risky, you can read that on every forum and personally I've said that personally to you when you said you're up for 8cm ... I've said even 7cm is a lot, so I wouldn't go for 8cm. I've also said you should bend smth soft under the heel, so that you can keep walkig even with a ballerina problem. It's important to keep walking somehow. That was like 2 months ago, I wonder if you did that.

Another thing is that, as I have mentioned in multiple occasions, doing the tendon surgery is not recommended by Bagirov, at least this is the last thing he told me about it. So if there are complications after the surgery, he of course won't be responsible for them

Crimsontide, you are not in a good situation now, but this is a risk we all took, so we should be strong and try to overcome it. If you have any questions, let Anna, Bagirov or even me (although I'm just another patient) know. In fact Bagirov said he could even offer some free days in the clinic, just come for a review, cause he really needs to see you, and fix things with your frames.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:25:57 PM by The Russian Guy »

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »

Russian Guy, why do you think you still have ballerina and trouble walking?  You lengthened so little, and it's been a really long time since your surgery.  Did you have really tight Achilles tendons?  Did you lengthen too fast?  Or is it something else?

tapemeasure

« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2014, 04:07:27 PM »

Hey OP, hope the operations have gone well. Have you had any complications with your surgery or anything that's gone wrong? I'm relatively new to this forum and looking to lengthen 6-7cm, hopefully in just 1 operation.

Sweden

« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2014, 11:46:37 PM »

How much did you stand up or do PT while lengthening 4+cm?

You should really have recovered much better by now. It can't all be genetics.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

paco1

« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2014, 08:29:22 PM »

Hi crisom,
How are you doing?
cheers paco.

TRS

« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2014, 05:29:28 PM »

Hey man!
Saw you online several days ago. I'm hoping that you're are feeling much better.
Keep us updated.

crimsontide

« Reply #418 on: September 01, 2014, 03:40:29 AM »

ry guys?:)))

yes, I'm ok, just felt no need to post... I saw dr rozbruch in new york, and he did x rays

I think i can email him to get them to show you guys???

basically,   he was shocked that my  bones are healing so well, and that i did not have major complications, other than the equines

he    was not a fan of my frames though... everyone that saw me at his clinic asked me where i had gotten them, as they had never seen frames so tight.....   the nail  outside my leg was very crooked as well, but  the bone inside was not...  he could only   see how much i lengthened on left leg, which was 7.4 cm... other than the equinus, and not nice looking pin sites, no other issues... he even said  i could take off frames in 8 weeks possibly... he said the bone was healing well, and lengthening looked ok... to me this just shows that walking is overrated... i have literally not walked in almost 2 months, so if anyone should have awful bone consolidation, it should be me

the equinus was bad though...  gonna get it fixed through surgery this week... will also get frames removed and plates put in... can't deal with the pins, especially  at the the ankle area...  gonna have some  not nice scars because of these frame but not a big deal to me

but yeah, I'm ok....

crimsontide

« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2014, 03:49:26 AM »

i also don't want to  make a big deal about this... but

i appreciate russian guys offer, he's a good person... i just think he'd be better off possibly getting a second opinion... like  sweden said.... its been a really long time, it can not be all genetics...   if you notice,  these frames cause issues for everyone it seems at the ankles... luckily mine is just equinus, and nothing else.... i probably won't be active much, but ill  stop by  pretty regularly for short periods.... i basically know that my only issue now is the equinus, which I'm thankful for... i was thinking that it could be much wore, but isn't...... unlike russian guy, i can not stay like this   over a year and hope for the best....   there comes a time when surgery is a better option than pt and  hoping it gets better down the line... I'm willing to risk losing a little strength  if i can put my feet on the ground now and walk.... i can not be   here  year later posting  that i still have equinus

« Reply #420 on: September 01, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »

Glad to hear you are doing better and I'm sure you are in good hands now.

Would be really interested in your X-rays!

crimsontide

« Reply #421 on: September 01, 2014, 01:13:17 PM »

ty 123

ill try to get them to show... you will see how crooked the nail is, but  luckily,my leg is straight

my bones have healed so well, i might be able to get frames removed right now, and have a cast on legs for month or 2, without any nailing our plating

i guess  healing is really  down to your genetics, as far as bones go... ill have frames off before many others, and i lengthened over 7 cm... i mean, were talking  around 1 month  or less for each cm.... and i  haven't walked at all in 2 months almost...

I'm convinced though that the reason others don't heal so well are the long times in frames...   the  frames are simply too small...

mine are 120, and i was told this size is for a child, that they should be at least 160... but i don't wanna  start arguing about this...       people can make their own decisions...

btw...  regarding the surgery for equinus.... I've had 2 drs now tell me   this needs to be fixed by surgery... one said its possible that eventually i could get this resolved by pt, but he still recommended surgery... the other dr said that i 100% need surgery and that id never be normal be again without it....  but ill be done with it soon....  i wish everyone a healthy recovery, and i suggest anyone that's having issues with their dr to at least  get a second opinion.... to me this is just being smart, but i understand others might have a different opinion

« Reply #422 on: September 01, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »

Maybe they made some mistakes with your frames in russia and because of that you need surgery, sad to hear, because this is avoidable, but i guess you were just unlucky. And bone healing is mostly genetics and nutrition, so you've gotten at least lucky in that department :D

paco1

« Reply #423 on: September 01, 2014, 02:49:28 PM »

Thank God, you are well.

crimsontide

« Reply #424 on: September 01, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »

ty..

don't be sorry, ill be ok for sure, but was a bit lucky

GeTs

« Reply #425 on: September 01, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »

and to remember how depressed you were, great to see you doing fine

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »

Glad you've got everything sorted and it looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel after all you've faced
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

crimsontide

« Reply #427 on: September 01, 2014, 04:43:48 PM »

ty

kilo, u in mumbai now?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #428 on: September 01, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »

Yep, staying here for a little over a month longer.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

crimsontide

« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2014, 02:23:43 PM »

frames are partly off,  rest removed soon

i feel so much better already without the pin pain in ankles

GeTs

« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »

Cris, the frames aren't that good? Is there anything u could do to prevent equinus(its ballerina I suppose)?

crimsontide

« Reply #431 on: September 02, 2014, 03:47:27 PM »

i suppose you could, it might be possible if you kept your feet  vertical 24 hours a day... but it can get difficult.... the pins  in the ankles were killing me,and it feels so much better just having them removed...

the frames... well, the problem is they're too small, look at the photos i posted in this thread... they are very tight...  the fixator actually hugged my leg at certain points...   people disagree with me, but if you want my opinion on avoiding equinus while doing over 5 cm on tibia... get a release beforehand as a precaution....    pretty much every dr says  the loss of strength is minimal... unless you're an elite athlete, you will most likely not notice a difference

another thing... i was instructed to never get the frames wet.... so was difficult to take showers.... dr rozbruch   told me the exact opposite.... i get in the shower, its good he said... he said to just not  go in salt water or a bath,  the latter because of dirty water

crimsontide

« Reply #432 on: September 03, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »

had frames removed and equinus corrected by dr shah... i had consultations and x rays done with various drs,such as rozbruch just to make sure bone was ok, and to get their opinions on releases,etc

i now have  full leg cast on, and foot is fixed at neutral position...

the left leg turned out to be not as consolidated as right, so ill wear this a month or 2... the left is ok, just not as good as right... for some reason a different incision technique was used on each leg which caused the difference... I'm guessing  because bagirov did 1 leg and his assistant the other.... dr says  i should be walking in 1.5 to 2 months fine without walker,though will wear pt braces after cast comes off.  considering i lengthened around 7.5 cm, this seems to be very good

even though my legs are in cast, it's a huge relief from having the fixators on.... the pain i was getting, especially at the ankles from the pins was getting to be extreme.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #433 on: September 03, 2014, 01:21:34 PM »

9 cm is such a great amount of lengthening. Congrats. We would love to see some pictures of your legs :)
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up