Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reopening growth plates (Research Paper) Anyone read this yet?  (Read 978 times)

Exxon

Reopening growth plates (Research Paper) Anyone read this yet?
« on: September 22, 2021, 01:43:40 PM »

https://easyupload.io/pmeqec

Couldn't upload it to this forum so made a link.

It was made in 1984 but worthwhile read.

Exxon

Re: Reopening growth plates (Research Paper) Anyone read this yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 01:56:09 PM »

I also found this

"The effects of electrical stimulation on epiphyseal growth were studied. The epiphyseal cartilage of the proximal tibia of New Zealand white rabbits was stimulated by direct current for 2 weeks. A constant direct current of 5 microA was supplied by an electrical stimulation system buried under the subcutaneous tissue. Contralateral tibia with dummy electrodes served as control. The results were as follows: The height of the epiphyseal plate near the electrodes was slightly increased by traumatic reaction to the electrodes in the control group. However, in the stimulation group, the height was more remarkably increased than in the control group. The height of the epiphyseal plate was 0.6 +/- 0.2 mm in the control group, and 1.0 +/- 0.4 mm in the stimulation group, showing a statistical difference. The mineral appositional rate, determined by tetracycline labels, was 3.0 +/- 0.8 microns/day in the control group and 4.6 +/- 0.4 microns/day in the stimulation group. It was observed that the turnover of the epiphyseal plate was accelerated in the stimulation group, but no other abnormal findings were observed by electron microscopy. In conclusion, it is clear that growth of the epiphyseal cartilage is accelerated by direct current."

Source : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1918270/

Could DC Current be used in the future to stimulate our growth plates allowing us to grow more?

Discuss

ilovescience

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 02:13:35 PM »

It is possible. But what if everyone could become a giant once this technology mastered? Could the Earth stay if everyone is like 3 meters tall? Would food be enough for everyone?

Exxon

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 02:21:42 PM »

It is possible. But what if everyone could become a giant once this technology mastered? Could the Earth stay if everyone is like 3 meters tall? Would food be enough for everyone?

It's already possible? I didn't know that.

No I don't think it will be available in the widespread public because it will cost the same as CLL I reckon, only those who can afford it will get it. So the entire world won't be able to become giants. Also 3m tall is unreasonable, you would die at 30 years of age because your heart will be unable to sustain such a massive body.

ilovescience

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 03:27:44 PM »

It's already possible? I didn't know that.

No I don't think it will be available in the widespread public because it will cost the same as CLL I reckon, only those who can afford it will get it. So the entire world won't be able to become giants. Also 3m tall is unreasonable, you would die at 30 years of age because your heart will be unable to sustain such a massive body.

So if a person wanted to be 3 meter tall, a bigger heart transplant is needed.

MeanGoal

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 05:32:48 PM »

So if a person wanted to be 3 meter tall, a bigger heart transplant is needed.

Also bigger transplants for lungs, kidneys, liver, etc… are needed.

ilovescience

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 05:34:44 PM »

Also bigger transplants for lungs, kidneys, liver, etc… are needed.

I believe with better understanding of how to grow organs in vitro via the stem cell, we could grow organs in any size that work with patients.

stevens

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 04:41:48 AM »

heart and organs will grow by themselves or with natural hgh produced by a pituitary gland gene theraphy

stevens

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 04:44:36 AM »

i think that we cant go past around 7 foot because of health problems. But food wont be an issue in the next decades because of the new technological advances that will happen

ilovescience

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 04:56:06 AM »

heart and organs will grow by themselves or with natural hgh produced by a pituitary gland gene theraphy

Some organs won't grow once injured. Some organs might heal by themselves but it's a long process, like soft bones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up