Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL - the right decision?  (Read 16858 times)

Europa

Re: LL - the right decision?
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2016, 01:00:00 AM »

8cm is not so unrealistic, considering the average of Dr. G's patients is 7cm.  I did 8cm with him. I think beyond 8 may be a stretch and depends on how your body reacts once you actually start lengthening.

I would not go in with the expectation of 100% recovery of running and sprinting because you might be disappointed.

A bit late to answer… I don't mean to sound like a dck but did you really expect a good outcome by lengthening 8 cm? It's been well documented by now that pretty much anything exceeding 6 cm on femurs and 5 cm on tibias is bound to worsen your physical abilities by a significant margin.

Having said that , I still believe that I'm not tall enough, 185 cm is the magical boundary, at 183 cm you can feel short a lot of time , and you re still below average in a couple of countries.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else mate – we all know the stats yet you're still confusing your own perception with comprehensive reality. That's fine, but spare us the   talk please.

Deads

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2016, 05:37:00 AM »

A bit late to answer… I don't mean to sound like a dk but did you really expect a good outcome by lengthening 8 cm? It's been well documented by now that pretty much anything exceeding 6 cm on femurs and 5 cm on tibias is bound to worsen your physical abilities by a significant margin.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else mate – we all know the stats yet you're still confusing your own perception with comprehensive reality. That's fine, but spare us the crap talk please.

Hi five!

goldenegg

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2016, 06:19:24 AM »

A bit late to answer… I don't mean to sound like a dk but did you really expect a good outcome by lengthening 8 cm? It's been well documented by now that pretty much anything exceeding 6 cm on femurs and 5 cm on tibias is bound to worsen your physical abilities by a significant margin.

either you misunderstood or didn't bother to read the OP's posts. he was asking about 8-10cm lengthening and the possibility of 100% recovery, including running. even if you do 6cm femurs you shouldn't assume 100% recovery of running- you're just fooling yourself if you think so. but, of course more lengthening will have a worse outcome for athletic ability.  I knew and accepted that trade off for more height when I went to 8cm.  I was just trying to be helpful to OP, but thanks for your useless comment ;)

Europa

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2016, 08:01:53 AM »

^ No need to be salty because you're hurt, man. Read my comment again — you basically just repeated what I posted.

Madmax_01

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »

either you misunderstood or didn't bother to read the OP's posts. he was asking about 8-10cm lengthening and the possibility of 100% recovery, including running. even if you do 6cm femurs you shouldn't assume 100% recovery of running- you're just fooling yourself if you think so. but, of course more lengthening will have a worse outcome for athletic ability.  I knew and accepted that trade off for more height when I went to 8cm.  I was just trying to be helpful to OP, but thanks for your useless comment ;)

... and I do really appreciate that! :)

salutewomens

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2016, 09:57:58 AM »

I am also going through the same thing, I am going to India next week for a ll surgery because found a doctor who is doing it cheap but seriously don't wanna go through this because it's a real pain and i hate surgeries.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up