Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Athletic abilities after LL  (Read 16864 times)

bar

• Visitor
Athletic abilities after LL
« on: June 28, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »

Hello all,
I know that this subject has been discussed here a lot,  but I want to be sure.

I'm 169cm, 31years old, and I would like to add 3cm to my femurs and 2.5cm to my tibias, since I am a professional salsa instructor and this is my passion in life. do you think that after this amount of lengthening I would be able to be 100% recovered.

I want to start with the femurs and after 1.5 years do the tibias, in order to be fully recovered after 5years.

please take a look at this guy that added 6cm to his femurs and run fast and good.

thank you ALL for your answers!

Anna21

• Visitor
Re: Athletic abilities after LL
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:19:34 PM »

Who was this guy's doctor?

Alu

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:23:53 PM »

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 01:01:37 AM »

Forget about keeping full athletic abilities. Some doctors say you will recover 100% but that isn't true. The teenage boy from Monegal wanted to be a professional sportsplayer and Monegal told him it's fine, only 3 days of pain and you'll be fine (and he was doing quads!). And he had complications and his dreams of being a sportsplayer are over.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

bar

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 10:16:20 AM »

Thank you, very depressing...
I think I will need to give up on the dream to be taller in that case.

btw, old forum  admin said at the past:

"My legs are stronger, better and longer than ever and I'm happily playing football, doing weights, running and enjoying life."
http://bit.do/b9tmK

But maybe he just thinks he good as before.

thanks again for this great forum and amazing people!

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 10:47:16 AM »

Why to give it up? Based on a claim of a guy who never did it and can't testify? You should ask people who already did the procedure.
I learned some stuff during this time

CCMidwest

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 01:16:06 PM »

Thank you, very depressing...
I think I will need to give up on the dream to be taller in that case.

btw, old forum  admin said at the past:

"My legs are stronger, better and longer than ever and I'm happily playing football, doing weights, running and enjoying life."

But maybe he just thinks he good as before.

thanks again for this great forum and amazing people!

Bar, it seems you need to do a LOT more research. Email docs, talk to real patients, take what is said by some people on this forum and the old forum with a grain of salt.
5'7.5

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 05:14:58 PM »

btw, old forum  admin said at the past:

Who? Apo?

crimsontide

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 03:31:16 AM »

Think about this logically

you are breaking   2 healthy legs, and stretching the bone, nerves and tendons.

If you had a favorite athlete, and he had an accident where all this happened, you think he would ever be the same?

You think Messi, CRonnie7, or Djokovic would be the same after  having  this procedure?

bar

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 02:52:11 PM »

Hi all, thank you for the answers! You are amazing.

I consult with a doctor, no one promise that I will be 100% back in shape, even only with 3cm on the femur.

Did you met someone who is 100% recovered?

westercoasten

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 03:06:51 PM »

Think about this logically

you are breaking   2 healthy legs, and stretching the bone, nerves and tendons.

If you had a favorite athlete, and he had an accident where all this happened, you think he would ever be the same?

You think Messi, CRonnie7, or Djokovic would be the same after  having  this procedure?
Do you include that amount of cm in the accident or just the breaking of bones? Cause the lengthening is take longer time than in a accident. But yes it is a high risk, but if its not sure u be 100 % at 3 cm could you be that at just 1,5 cm or is it impossible to regin 100 % at any cm?

CCMidwest

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 03:18:30 PM »

I consult with a doctor, no one promise that I will be 100% back in shape, even only with 3cm on the femur.

I've met with 13 patients either in person or over skype.

All said they are happy, but the #1 complaint concerning recovery was decreased ability to do extreme sports. Some examples were volleyball, bmx, skateboarding, and mountain bike racing. Not that they couldn't do these things, but that their abilities were diminished (sometimes greatly)

Both on this forum and with the in real life patients, I've heard the "football" analogy quite a bit. They likened it to a football player that played at a good level, gets injured, and then can still play post injury, but not at their previous level/ability. So not sitting on the bench, but less valuable of a player. (no one brought up dancing, and I didn't ask)

I personally would call that 100% recovered from injury, but NOT 100% recovered as if the injury never happened. Make sense?

I don't believe it is possible to be 100% as if LL never happened. I've broke an arm, finger, thumb, big toe, pinky toe, and carpal bone in my hand, and even they are not 100% as if it never happened. (aches, sensitive to cold)
5'7.5

CCMidwest

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 03:25:51 PM »

Who did you consult with?

Couldn't be a US doctor, the one's I have spoken with promise 100% recovery, which my local orthopedic surgeon (he does not do LL), said was an outright lie.

Edit for clarity: Rorzbruch did not promise me 100% recovery

5'7.5

crimsontide

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 06:06:12 PM »

Some people have ok recoveries, but a large % do not

3 cm, hard to say, but breaking both legs for 3 cm seems extreme. Could get as much with  lifts and  boots.

Do you include that amount of cm in the accident or just the breaking of bones? Cause the lengthening is take longer time than in a accident. But yes it is a high risk, but if its not sure u be 100 % at 3 cm could you be that at just 1,5 cm or is it impossible to regin 100 % at any cm?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »

No more sports for any LL patient I've met or known about. Some of them walk and some of them are crippled.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 10:05:46 PM »

No more sports for any LL patient I've met or known about. Some of them walk and some of them are crippled.

Which doctors did these patients go to?

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 10:11:44 PM »

Which doctors did these patients go to?

Russian doctors, Betz, Monegal, Sarin, among others.

paddy10tellys

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 10:01:44 AM »

LLUser1, what are your thoughts about Dr Salameh & Schmidt (Frankfurt)?
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »

And i personally know someone who had right leg deformation and was wearing ilizarov frames almost whole childhood and now he plays volleyball like nothing happened.

Problem is nobody will tell you exactly how much you will recover there is just too many factors.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 10:30:31 AM »

Since you are a healthy adult, chances are that you will get out of it 80-90% from what you used to athletically (I believe that functionally 100% is not far fetched at all if you take into account "controlable" factors such as which surgeon and amount lengthened).

You just need to know what's more important to you... Being athletic and your current height, or being less athletic (let's say less explosivness, less power, less endurence whie running) but taller and 100% functional.

westercoasten

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 01:56:01 PM »

Some people have ok recoveries, but a large % do not

3 cm, hard to say, but breaking both legs for 3 cm seems extreme. Could get as much with  lifts and  boots.
In one bone maybe, but if you do 3+3 u get proportion, height and recovery improvement.

bar

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 08:43:20 AM »

Hello guy!
thank very much for all your help!
I decided  to wait 2 years, try to be happy with my height, I'll do CBT treatment in order to love my self as I am, if I wont manage to overcome the height issue I'll do 3.5cm on the femur and 2.5cm on the tibias, my girlfriend will support me on that, she is little taller than me around 175cm.

My correct height is 169cm.

Right leg length: 81.71 cm Left leg length: 81.29 cm Right femur length: 43.85 cm Right tibia length: 35.76 cm Left femur length: 43.60 cm Left tibia length: 35.6 cm

this is my photo:

God bless you all.

ub40

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 09:38:43 AM »

Our proportions are very similar bar, what is your wingspan?

Have you decided who you're going with?
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

bar

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 11:02:27 AM »

my wingspan is 178.5, I know that I can add 6-8cm without proportions issue, but the salsa dancing is the most important thing in my life, so I probably add only around inch to each segment.

I've talked with PH.d Mitkovic from Serbia and Volgograd, I'll do only external for this low amount, the price is low in these two places, Volgograd do not do femurs, and Kurgan wont take me since I'm above 165cm.

cheers

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2016, 12:08:54 PM »

5'10 wingspan? what is your arm length?

bar

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2016, 12:49:11 PM »

Just measured it, from my shoulder till the tip of my figures, it's about 76cm.
I used this photo:

CCMidwest

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 02:12:10 PM »

Can I give some advice on the CBT?

You have to want it to work. Just keep that in mind. CBT has worked well for me, and I am just a hair taller than you. (my wife is 175cm, like your girl too)

But I REALLY wanted it to work. It takes time.

Stay away from medication if you can, especially SSRI's. I've never been on them, but I've seen them f*ck up men's sex drives.

Good luck man.
5'7.5

ub40

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »

Yea we definitely have very similar physiques. Im about 176 wingspan and im here in Serbia with Dr Mitkovic now

Does anyone know the correct armspan to height ratio? I do have pretty wide shoulders

TIBIKE200

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »

There isnt correct armspan ratio. from medical literature, it goes from 10cm longer all the way to 10cm shorter. Try to stay near the 0 difference

ub40

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2016, 02:29:54 PM »

There isnt correct armspan ratio. from medical literature, it goes from 10cm longer all the way to 10cm shorter. Try to stay near the 0 difference

I'm not sure I understand, so the closer arm length and leg lenghth are the better?

CCMidwest

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »

this is my photo:

God bless you all.

These are probably 9" inseam shorts you are wearing. 7" inseam shorts will make you look taller. Shorts should fall at the top of your knee.

In the USA, 7" inseam is hard to find, not sure about where you live. Target stores sell a 7" in their house brand . (merano) Peter manning sells a 7", but they are not cheap.
5'7.5
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up