Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Guichet Dangerous Surgical Technique? Video and Interview  (Read 17108 times)

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
Dr. Guichet Dangerous Surgical Technique? Video and Interview
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:31:29 PM »

Full video of Dr. Guichet using a karate chop to break the femur bone with interview: Click here: http://www.tubechop.com/watch/1963579

Full video of Dr. Paley using an osteotome to break the femur bone with interview:  Click here: http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2125929

Dr. Paley describing why he uses an osteotome to break the bone:  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=380.0

Video of each doctors patient walking at 5cm: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=381.0

BilateralDamage

Re: Dr. Guichet Dangerous Surgical Technique? Video and Interview
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:51:10 PM »

lolwat

I never knew that was a thing.

rickybobby

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »

Stadiometer,

You make some good points, did dr. paley mention anything about a precice2 malfuction that dr. lee is experiencing with femur patients?

Please do your research and ask him if you know him personally, I am between guichet and paley/rochburc) but I want to go the full 8 cm and scared of the malfuction.

You are excellent at research, please come up with some answers....

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »

My apologies, the previous post did not include the interview portion with Dr. Guichet. Click here: http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2139562

Stadiometer,

You make some good points, did dr. paley mention anything about a precice2 malfuction that dr. lee is experiencing with femur patients?

Thanks.  I suggest you directly email Dr. Paley and/or Dr. Donghoon Lee with your questions about the PRECICE-2 nails.  You can obtain the same information as I can.  They always respond to their emails. 

Dr. Paley:  http://www.limblengtheningdoc.org/cosmetic_stature_lengthening_FAQ.html

Dr. Donghoon Lee:  http://www.drdonghoon.com/index.php/contact

Taller

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:53:39 AM »

I'm in disbelief! How do you know that's really Dr. Guichet? Does he use this method for all of his patients?

Also, do you have any personal affiliations with Dr. Paley? I've only seen you post information in support of Dr. Paley and Precise, which is fine, but infrequent criticism and lack of praise for other doctors and their techniques makes me healthily suspicious. No offense is intended by this post. I am merely wondering.

TRS

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:55:46 AM »

WHOA!!!!!!
It seems like Mortal Kombat has been an influence in Dr.Guichet's career  :o

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 05:19:49 AM »

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

OverrideYouGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »

I'm in disbelief! How do you know that's really Dr. Guichet? Does he use this method for all of his patients?

Also, do you have any personal affiliations with Dr. Paley? I've only seen you post information in support of Dr. Paley and Precise, which is fine, but infrequent criticism and lack of praise for other doctors and their techniques makes me healthily suspicious. No offense is intended by this post. I am merely wondering.

he was banned from old forum  just for that. Even though I hate Sysop/Apo, he atleast did the right thing in the end.
Stadiometer created like 6-7 accounts on old forum  to bash anyone but Dr. Parley. On old forum  he was targeting Dr.Mahboubian, and since apo/sysop and tall are shills for him, Stadio didnt last long.

Too bad stadio found this forum in the end. I hope the admin of this forum doesnt wait too long because it is obvious the same pattern continues. The pattern I am talking about is, stadio presenting something Parley has said as gospel and FACT and every other doc who doesnt follow his opinion is wrong.
Then you will see him log in to his clone accounts and write "Thank you stadio, I agree. Dr. M sounds unresponsible".
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

mediocre

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »

Surgery is not for the faint of heart. Especially looks cruel to laymen.

Having said this, Dr Guichet looks uber-aggressive.

Taller

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »

Dr Guichet looks uber-aggressive.

Only if that really is Dr. Guichet. I really have my doubts.

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »

I'm in disbelief! How do you know that's really Dr. Guichet?

Only if that really is Dr. Guichet. I really have my doubts.

Quick and simple version click here: http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2139562

Above video is full and complete version with all interviews

I have no personal affiliation with Dr. Paley or the PRECICE-2 nail.  All the information is available online for free, allowing anyone with questions to contact the respective limb lengthening surgeon for answers.  The answers will not come from me, only limb lengthening surgeons can answer these incredibly complex questions.

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
Jay7 Breaks Femur During Lengthening with Dr. Guichet
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 05:14:35 PM »

All the following information can be found on old forum  by reading the diary of Jay7 (pages 11-13) with Dr. Guichet.

Below is a copied post by Jay7:

For your understanding: The bone was broken at the point where the screws fix it to the nail. And it wasn't broken in a clear cut, but with a strong angle. So implementing a new nail meanst fixing it further down the bone. And that would mean decreasing the bone gap, or in other words, loosing height...
In the end I remembered that he once told me that he didn't implement me the new 32cm version but the old 28cm version of the nail and I reminded him of that.  That finally tunred out to be a  blessing and provided a solution: He promised me to check on that and if it would be true to install the 32cm nail now. We would have 4 more cm's to play with so that a height loss wold become very unlikely...

We went ahead with the preparations and planned surgery for Friday last week. Dr. Guichets secretary was a great help in preparing everything (France is a difficult country... everything works seperately here: Hospital, laboratory, ambulance for the transport, ... and everything needs to be paid seperatly). Overall I assume this complication cost me another 10K Euros - but I didn't care to much to be honest I was just concerend about the result at this point... (allthough, thinking it over now, this is quite a lot of money.... Well, another positive aspect here is that I saved it from being wasted on girls and nightlife... ;-)

I used a wheelchair from Wednesday last week on to take no risk that the fracture might get even worse and was finally brought to the hospital by the ambulance very early on Friday morning. The hospital, not a too bad memory from my first operation in June, had in the meantime turned into a little hell patients - but I should not figure that out before Saturday so once after the other....

Friday before the operation I was in a good mood, a bit hyperactive, just like before my first operation in June, but ready. In addition, this time I had a lot of very nice and beautifull nurses surrounding me after the ambulance droped me off at the hospital.  I was again enjoying being carried around, joking with the anesthesist and all the nurses, enjoying that I was the center of attentation up to the moment where, well, they knocked me out again... I remeber that Dr. Guichet was one of the last people I spoke to - he seemed to be in a good mood and fit for this complicatated operation- I again and a last time clarified that my greatest desire would be to leave Marseille with two equally long legs on the operating table (which made him laugh) and then the anesthesist did her job and I was off...

Awaking wasn't that great as last time. There was more pain (allthough it was only one leg...) and I quickly learned that I haven't gotten a morphin-pump as I had before. I was in heavy pain all Friday and Saturday long. Allthough Guichet had given me the option to leave the hospital the same day I refused since really didn't feel as if I could take care of myself... Then I was caried into the hooror-department of the Beaureargd hospital for a two days stationary torture. 

Nurses were allways stressed out, "forgot" my requests and I - for the first time since I started this journey - got in a desperate state of mind. As I have special diatary requirements for the food (no problem for the hospital during first operation) I didn't get proper food until Saturday lunch (!!!) VERY BAD idea not to eat after a major operation. Especially since I was really hungry, so my body demanded it...

Still on Friday they caried me for Xrays and a CT-scan (to firgure out the length difference between my legs). During the CT my pain became so major that I started to scream very loud... I still shake when thinking back...

I didn't sleep at all the first night (pain, hunger and the fact that this time they had no single room left so I shared with a VERY loud snorring guy...).

I remember that at one point on Saturday my despair transformed into a feeling of nobelieve-amusement - that was when a nurse told me that they didn't have any more water bottles... She looked surprised when I was really starting to laugh out loudly (I mean that can only be a joke, a hospital nurse telling me they are running out of water after they are not able to provide food for 24 hours???;-). In the end I recommeded to give me tap water (better than nothing) which I received (two hours later). Also the TV, last time providing 20 channels, suddenly only offered one channel "W9" a French channel that plays old Simpsons episods almost 24 hours....

The only thing that helped my extremly inflamed leg a bit was ice, so I would have expected hospital personell to supply it in great quantity not that expensive, right?) but no - I almost had to beg for it and basically never really had enough to cool down my (meanwhile pretty long) leg.

Just like last time I was unable to pee after operation again. This is a result of some remains from the aneasthesia that remains in your body for about 48 hours post operation. You just can't relax or open the muscles down there that you would need to open. You are not getting a catheder during the operation so I asked for one afterwards which they installed on Friday evening.

This released the peing problem, however (nd I really don't understand the rational behind this weird reaction of my body...) for some very srange reason he reacted on all the obstacles; hunger, insomina, pain with erections!!! I can tell you that erections are NOT nice when you have a catheder in there.... So I spent my nights Friday and Saturday trying to solve basic calculations (78/2=36/6=6*27=162- 95=...)
 just to calm my friend down and avoid additional pain from him meeting the catheder during his efforts to gain size...

On Saturday/Sunday for the first time EVER I doubted my decision to embark for LL. I called me and idiot, blowing out tons of money on destrying his (previouly prety cool) life.

Sunday, they were so much in need for rooms at Beauregard that they almost threw me out (I was still not sure whether or not I could really leave..). No I am back at Calypso and happy that I left. My leg is allready much calmer than again. I am very immobile (takes me half an hour to mount the wheelchair) but doesn't matter... I slee. I eat well. I don't have to calculate any more. I am again fine with the decisions I have taken. Guichet dropped by yesterday late evenning and we discussed how much I had to continue lengtheing now. Unfortunately the hopsital wasn't able to find neither the Xray results nor the CT-Scan (why am I not surprised?) so Guichet's secretary has to do some research on finding them this week... However, Guichet told me that indeed the nail that he took out of my left leg was disracted by 9.2 cm (!!!) which is alsmost a whole cm more than it should be.... Very suprising.

Rivers

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 06:06:04 AM »

Dr. Guichet using a karate chop to break the femur bone with interview: Click here:  http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2139562

Above video is full and complete version with all interviews

WTF!! This can't possibly be a ethical way of doing surgery in a first world country like France or Italy. Maybe in a place like India with Dr. Sarin or Dr. Sringari but this is one of the craziest things I have ever seen or heard of in LL. For god sakes the patient still has a rod sticking out of his leg when Dr. Guichet decides to break out his finishing move and snap his femur in half!

mediocre

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 06:32:38 AM »

Let's ask leechlet for Dr Guichet to reply on it.

Stadiometer

• Esquire "Esq."
Patient Suffers Serious Complication after Surgery with Dr. Guichet
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 08:30:04 PM »

Above Image from Dr. Paley

The paraphrased information below was posted by a member on a different forum:

Let me clarify a few things here. I met the fat embolism patient during my consultation with Dr. Guichet. It was not a DVT, it was a fat embolism. First, the fat embolism is something that Dr. Guichet controls during the surgery.

This is how he explained he controlled for fat embolism. For the people without a medical background, fat embolism occurs when you break a bone and the fat in the marrow gets into the bloodstream. It travels up to your lungs and clogs up your pulmonary circulation, meaning you choke to death on your own fat from the inside. LL surgery is a surgery that is extremely conducive to this--you are, after all, snapping BOTH of your femurs and creating a gaping hole for the fat to get into the blood stream. All LL procedures must have a way to control for this complication.

To be clear, this was not a DVT, which is basically when the blood forms a clot because of a high amount of turbulence during surgery. Being post surgical is a risk factor for DVT's, whether you are coming from LL surgery or bunion surgery. This is why there is a PO2 monitor by your bedside in every hospital room--to check for pulmonary embolism. It is also why they have a machine to massage your calves after surgery--it makes sure clots don't form. It is also why they say you should stretch after a long airplane ride. ever heard of people plopping dead after a long flight? DVT's are why. This is also why Dr. Guichet prescribes Fondeparineux after 2 weeks of surgery--to prevent clots from occuring as you lengthen.

For the fat embolism patient (again, different than DVT), this was a surgical complication. the fat somehow managed to evade the filtration system and get into the blood. However, this is not an acute process--it takes hours and days for the fat to slowly build up in the blood. The patient that underwent the surgery was a very intelligent person and was an MD. Frankly, he should have known better and should have been more aware of a developing embolism. You can tell--you get shortness of breath, you get really lightheaded..etc. During my own postoperative period, I had a moment where I felt some pain on my left shoulder and shortness of breath. I immediately called a nurse and we monitored my P02. It was down to 95% for some reason(usually 99%). We carefully watched it and it self resolved. Maybe it was a very small clot that formed. Maybe it was nothing. Regardless, you'll know when something is developing. To give you an idea, that was when my P02 was around 95%. The fat embolism patient P02 got down to the ~60% range. As I said, he frankly should have been more vigilant and watched for signs of pulmonary distress.

He ended up collapsing on the floor of the hospital. The nursing staff found him and nursed him back to health over the next three days. Dr. Guichet was also on vacation at the time, meaning he had to rush back from the UK to help the patient out. As for the infection, it was not osteomyeletis (from my other posts, you can see that it is a very serious complication), it was a bacteremia (bacteria blood infection). This is much more easily handled, albeit a serious complication. I did not meet this patient but it was part of the internal data Dr. Guichet shows all of his patients. It stated that the case was resolved.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 09:42:01 PM »

I believe Sringari prefers the drop kick to the karate chop.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Rivers

Re: Patient Suffers Serious Complication after Surgery with Dr. Guichet
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »

Above Image from Dr. Paley

The paraphrased information below was posted by a member on a different forum:

Let me clarify a few things here. I met the fat embolism patient during my consultation with Dr. Guichet. It was not a DVT, it was a fat embolism. First, the fat embolism is something that Dr. Guichet controls during the surgery.

This is how he explained he controlled for fat embolism. For the people without a medical background, fat embolism occurs when you break a bone and the fat in the marrow gets into the bloodstream. It travels up to your lungs and clogs up your pulmonary circulation, meaning you choke to death on your own fat from the inside. LL surgery is a surgery that is extremely conducive to this--you are, after all, snapping BOTH of your femurs and creating a gaping hole for the fat to get into the blood stream. All LL procedures must have a way to control for this complication.

To be clear, this was not a DVT, which is basically when the blood forms a clot because of a high amount of turbulence during surgery. Being post surgical is a risk factor for DVT's, whether you are coming from LL surgery or bunion surgery. This is why there is a PO2 monitor by your bedside in every hospital room--to check for pulmonary embolism. It is also why they have a machine to massage your calves after surgery--it makes sure clots don't form. It is also why they say you should stretch after a long airplane ride. ever heard of people plopping dead after a long flight? DVT's are why. This is also why Dr. Guichet prescribes Fondeparineux after 2 weeks of surgery--to prevent clots from occuring as you lengthen.

For the fat embolism patient (again, different than DVT), this was a surgical complication. the fat somehow managed to evade the filtration system and get into the blood. However, this is not an acute process--it takes hours and days for the fat to slowly build up in the blood. The patient that underwent the surgery was a very intelligent person and was an MD. Frankly, he should have known better and should have been more aware of a developing embolism. You can tell--you get shortness of breath, you get really lightheaded..etc. During my own postoperative period, I had a moment where I felt some pain on my left shoulder and shortness of breath. I immediately called a nurse and we monitored my P02. It was down to 95% for some reason(usually 99%). We carefully watched it and it self resolved. Maybe it was a very small clot that formed. Maybe it was nothing. Regardless, you'll know when something is developing. To give you an idea, that was when my P02 was around 95%. The fat embolism patient P02 got down to the ~60% range. As I said, he frankly should have been more vigilant and watched for signs of pulmonary distress.

He ended up collapsing on the floor of the hospital. The nursing staff found him and nursed him back to health over the next three days. Dr. Guichet was also on vacation at the time, meaning he had to rush back from the UK to help the patient out. As for the infection, it was not osteomyeletis (from my other posts, you can see that it is a very serious complication), it was a bacteremia (bacteria blood infection). This is much more easily handled, albeit a serious complication. I did not meet this patient but it was part of the internal data Dr. Guichet shows all of his patients. It stated that the case was resolved.

Dr. Guichet breaks his patients femurs during surgery with his bare hands like a Mortal Kombat character. Dr. Guichet's patients break their own femurs and lay in hospital beds for 24hrs without food or water. Now a patient suffers from a fat embolism after surgery and collapses in the hospital hallway. For the second time i'm thinking to myself WTF is going on at the Guichet clinic?!   

mediocre

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 10:37:18 PM »

What is the rate of fat embolism with Dr Guichet?
Fat embolism is extremely rare.

I don't think Dr Paley can guarantee a zero fat embolism.

Smallguy

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »

With all these gossips about Guichet and his karate chop, I feel like I'm chatting with a bunch of women at my office.

In fact, I would feel more comfortable and safe with Dr. Guichet's karate chop than I would with being under the surgical knife of any other doctor.

Hey, if his chop does the work, then why not? I don't see that it would cause more harm to my femur than being drilled, hammer or cut openly with a knife.

The only thing that would prevent me for going to Guichet for femur lengthening is his accommodation fee.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:53:59 PM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Taller

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »

The only thing that would prevent me for going to Guichet for femur lengthening is his accommodation fee.

Me too, buddy. If only money, and height for that matter, were no object.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 11:52:44 PM »

I've heard of cases where the bone is rebroken with the surgeon's bare hands following premature consolidation in ex-fix lengthenings, but seeing the initial breaking could be done with such a technique was interesting. Also quite amusing, I must confess.

I don't see any "dangerous" here. It's just a technique. Maybe the surgeon himseld should answer why he chooses to implement such a method.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 02:25:27 PM »

I reckon that the chop simulates a natural break in the bone. He has already bored holes into the bone, so its integrity has already been compromised. I too would prefer this break to the delicate precision of a saw's. A saw cut is not natural and has been proven to result in high rates of non-union and poor callus formation. Like others have said, the bone has to broken somehow. A karate chop is as bad ass as it is effective, so why not? Sringari also performs a similar smash technique to break bones, and I'm glad he does.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

mediocre

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 02:38:51 PM »

Interesting...

I reckon that the chop simulates a natural break in the bone.

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »

Below is the response from Dr. Guichet regarding his techniques....
I asked him two questions: 1) Minimum stay in Italy 2) Surgical Techniques

Dear xxxx,

Minimum stay is, for no risk, the duration of the lengthening procedure. If you are minimally concerned about risks, you need to stay till you master the clics and your training, i.e. in general 5 weeks. Do not believe a surgeon who will tell you you can leave whenever you want or after 2 weeks. You will get no security and a high rate of complication, because it is like boiling oil on gaz, if you stay close to the frying pan, you are at extremely low risks of real problems and destroying your house. An advise: stay close to the surgeon the duration of lengthening.

Now coming to surgery, you need to learn some basic surgical techniques and their implications.

Biology of fracture healing: what is the best?

Opening a surgical site (called an osteotomy) creates leaks, and the ‘healing hematoma’, constituted of all natural elements allowing healing, is suppressed. The ideal thing is to preserve completely the ‘healing hematoma' to fasten bone healing. Some bones, when we open the soft tissues are prone to non-healing. This is one of the root for the interest in surgery for stab incisions or non-open reduction of fractures, as it prevents long healing times.

Opening a surgical site to the bone is aggressive and looses the bone healing progenitors. That is why I developed a specific intramedullary saw to preserve the healing hematoma. And that is in part why my patients heal so fast. Opening creates additional scars that patients do not like when they do cosmetic lengthening.

Completing a fracture with hand maneuver (Karate Chop or whatever you call such a maneuver, as there are several technique for it) is obviously the best. It is called ‘osteoclasis’. It is generally performed on small bones, in children because it is easier to control through the skin without opening. By the way, all fracture reductions are performed manually, with hand maneuvers, sometimes in worst visual ways!

So, if you wish to preserve the fracture hematoma, you’d better not open the fracture site. Let’s go back to lengthening.

Why completing the bone section in nail lengthening?

The bone is never rounded and the posterior part of the femur os thicker. With a rounded intramedullary saw, in certain conditions and certain profiles of patients, it is not possible to cut the full posterior thickness of the bone. You have two options:

- Use an additional reaming and a wider intramedullary saw: this will decrease the thickness of the wall thus will weaken the strength of the bone, and as the bone is not rounded, you will use a saw larger than the thick part of the wall, which will rupture and dig into the normal soft tissues on the thin part of the bone, creating a frank section of the anterior periosteum. The periosteum is the element in a lengthening with a nail which is the only component from which bone is formed. So you need to preserve it, but if you cut it, your healing again will decrease strongly.
- Complete the reaming up to the section of approx. 4/5 of the circumference of the bone and complete the section with other ways.

The other ways can be:
- Osteotomy
- Osteoclasis

If you want to heal fast, you’d better not perform an osteotomy, and prefer an osteoclasis. However, in such a big bone as the femur, turning the bone like reducing a fracture does not work. If you succeed, you create generally long spiroid or long third fragments at risks, not of slow healing, but of destabilizing the bone, and additional pain. That is why I created this specific high impact non traumatizing non opened technique. It optimizes the healing process.

Doing it in large bones requires a high-level know-how. However the past president of the Japanese Orthopaedic Association congratulated me for this technique along with some other very well-known surgeons around the world.

People who post on Internet are people who do not understand how the body works on the medical side and what a surgical technique is. They should refrain from showing defaming thoughts when they know nothing and when what they show is the best option to optimize healing.

For further information:

http://www.webdictionary.co.uk:
Definitions of osteoclasis
1. [n] - treatment of a skeletal deformity by intentionally fracturing a bone
Definitions of osteotomy
1. [n] - surgical sectioning of bone

The World Bank of Medical Articles (National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health):
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
Obviously it is accessible to the public but it is for professionals, so the search is a bit difficult for non doctor people.

You can search key words
- Fracture hematoma (see a joint print screen of an article)
- Osteoclasis
- Osteotomy

But you need to cross keywords; if not, you will not find relevant articles

However the researches I did for over 3 decades are the basis of the technique I developed and nowadays nobody question it and a lot of surgeons copy it. When I developed the internal lengthening nail in 1986, all the people at that time were saying: ‘you cannot create healing when you turn a bone, or when you destroy the bone marrow (opposite to Ilizarov thoughts)!. I was and I am still far more advanced than a lot of people and surgical teams for serving my patients.

All this is because I carefully listen to my patients (no scar, sports during lengthening, fast healing, etc.) and I could develop surgical techniques accordingly. You can review also the publications I did along with my 3 thesis (2 PhD in biomechanics and bone healing).

I hope this will rectify errors in understanding. You can post on the web my answer to you.

Of course, for any patient interested in this subject, like in other subjects, I am keen to discuss this issue during the initial evaluation consultation.

Yours sincerely,

Jean-Marc Guichet, MD, PhD, Doct. Sci.

SELARL du Docteur Jean-Marc Guichet
Centre Phocea, 14 Bd Ganay
13009 Marseille - France
Office: +33.491.777.547
Office (mobile): +33.664.163.890
E-Mail: jeanmarcguichet@gmail.com
Web: www.allongement-os-grandir.com

Studio SOMA
Via Nicola Piccinni, 3
20130 Milano (MI)
Italy
Office: +39.328.634.2941
E-Mail: jeanmarcguichet@gmail.com
Web: www.allongement-os-grandir.com

Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

mediocre

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 11:49:19 PM »

This is exactly the reason why arguing a medical point between a doctor and a non-doctor is a discourse without adequate resolution.

sadboy

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 05:04:38 PM »

So is Dr. Guichet's technique safe and is it worth it to go to him?
What do you guys think? Do you believe that Dr. Paley is safer?

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 03:23:42 AM »

Dr. Guichet patient have good results and most of them do over 7CM. May be his PT regiment helps out to flex out the muscles and soft tissue. Remember bone grows with out much issue, it's always the soft tissues and muscle complicates LL procedure.
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM
Pages: [1]   Go Up