Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: When is LL worth it?  (Read 17162 times)

yyes

When is LL worth it?
« on: July 05, 2017, 04:54:36 PM »

I am a 28 year old male. My life has changed dramatically these last 6 months to the point where I can get the surgery done overseas next year.

I realize that I wont be able to be as athletic as I once was but thats ok. I dont like the way I look, especially in pictures. I legit look like a midget. This is how I feel. I measured myself yesterday and I am 5'8. In this picture, I am actually wearing 2 inch lifts and I still look short.

Heres a pic for reference. http://imgur.com/a/EMjE7

Main reason for doing this? To feel more confident and hopefully attract more girls. However, maybe my height isnt the issue, maybe it is. This is where your feedback is important to me. Also, I would appreciate it if you refrain from making any derogatory remarks. It takes a lot to post a picture and ask for help from internet strangers.

This is all I ask.

Thank you guys.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: When is LL worth it?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 05:12:18 PM »

If you are the one that isn't censored(on the pictured u attached) and u feel like a midget than you should seek psychological help.

Alu

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:12:33 PM »

I am a 28 year old male. My life has changed dramatically these last 6 months to the point where I can get the surgery done overseas next year.

I realize that I wont be able to be as athletic as I once was but thats ok. I dont like the way I look, especially in pictures. I legit look like a midget. This is how I feel. I measured myself yesterday and I am 5'8. In this picture, I am actually wearing 2 inch lifts and I still look short.

Heres a pic for reference. http://imgur.com/a/EMjE7

Main reason for doing this? To feel more confident and hopefully attract more girls. However, maybe my height isnt the issue, maybe it is. This is where your feedback is important to me. Also, I would appreciate it if you refrain from making any derogatory remarks. It takes a lot to post a picture and ask for help from internet strangers.

This is all I ask.

Thank you guys.

I'm going to throw my 2 cents into the mix here. 5'8 isn't tall, or that short. It may not even be average considering it's 1.5 inches below average... but lets face it, at that point you're just nitpicking at nothing. I highlighted parts of your comment that I feel reveal a lot. I don't know who you're comparing yourself too, but I can tell you that's almost never going to be the case. Even in this picture, which considering you're not even the shortest person, but among taller ones next the guy to your right, I legit struggle to see what the problem is. It's like you and I are living in different realities.

I feel like there's something else at work here. People here tend to hate hearing this, but go see a shrink first. Because as I highlighted in red, you seem to have a feeling it might not be height, and I think it's incredibly important to have all your doubts checked out first before even considering this surgery.

yyes

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 05:24:23 PM »

I'm going to throw my 2 cents into the mix here. 5'8 isn't tall, or that short. It may not even be average considering it's 1.5 inches below average... but lets face it, at that point you're just nitpicking at nothing. I highlighted parts of your comment that I feel reveal a lot. I don't know who you're comparing yourself too, but I can tell you that's almost never going to be the case. Even in this picture, which considering you're not even the shortest person, but among taller ones next the guy to your right, I legit struggle to see what the problem is. It's like you and I are living in different realities.

I feel like there's something else at work here. People here tend to hate hearing this, but go see a shrink first. Because as I highlighted in red, you seem to have a feeling it might not be height, and I think it's incredibly important to have all your doubts checked out first before even considering this surgery.
If you are the one that isn't censored(on the pictured u attached) and u feel like a midget than you should seek psychological help.

I just might. Like I said, I struggle with confidence and it partly has to do with women. Again, dont shoot me for being honest. But my mentality goes like this. The girls that I like, end up not liking me for one reason or another. The ones that do like me, I dont like and im not attracted to.

When this happens, I start analyzing myself. Maybe its my looks, maybe its my height, etc.

Why looks and height and not personality ? Well because I get told by everyone that I am easy to get along with, really cool, and smart. On top of that, compared to my peers im relatively successful. When you get told this, you obviously start looking for answers and start asking questions.

Am I going for models? Not even close. I am going for average women to slightly above average.

But lately, its not even about the women anymore. Its been a combination of getting woman's attention and being content with myself. On top of this, always looking to improve myself is at the top of the list.

biggerdreams

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 05:50:36 PM »

Honesty without tact is cruelty.

I just might. Like I said, I struggle with confidence and it partly has to do with women. Again, dont shoot me for being honest. But my mentality goes like this. The girls that I like, end up not liking me for one reason or another. The ones that do like me, I dont like and im not attracted to.

When this happens, I start analyzing myself. Maybe its my looks, maybe its my height, etc.

Why looks and height and not personality ? Well because I get told by everyone that I am easy to get along with, really cool, and smart. On top of that, compared to my peers im relatively successful. When you get told this, you obviously start looking for answers and start asking questions.

Am I going for models? Not even close. I am going for average women to slightly above average.

But lately, its not even about the women anymore. Its been a combination of getting woman's attention and being content with myself. On top of this, always looking to improve myself is at the top of the list.

If you're not having luck with women now, you're not going to have luck with women because you're a couple inches taller. If dating is the major reason why you're considering this when you're being truly honest with yourself then you should reconsider it. Only you can answer this question. You say it's not about women but your entire posts are about women. Take some time to really think about it.

If you were in a relationship with a pretty girl that you really liked, would you still consider LL?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »

Again, dont shoot me for being honest.

I don't. I just answered with honesty to your honesty.
You look completly normal on this picture. Maybe i should show picture of me(im 5'5) with my 5'10-6'6 friends then mby you will see a difference.

And don't think about going to shrink like it's some kind of punishment, talking always helps.

yyes

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »

Honesty without tact is cruelty.

If you're not having luck with women now, you're not going to have luck with women because you're a couple inches taller. If dating is the major reason why you're considering this when you're being truly honest with yourself then you should reconsider it. Only you can answer this question. You say it's not about women but your entire posts are about women. Take some time to really think about it.

If you were in a relationship with a pretty girl that you really liked, would you still consider LL?

Nope. When I was dating it would never cross my mind. It's not until I started to learn about attractiveness that I came to realize how big of a role height plays when trying to attract most women

yyes

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 10:34:05 PM »

I don't. I just answered with honesty to your honesty.
You look completly normal on this picture. Maybe i should show picture of me(im 5'5) with my 5'10-6'6 friends then mby you will see a difference.

And don't think about going to shrink like it's some kind of punishment, talking always helps.

Thanks man. And yeah I see  nothing wrong with talking to a shrink

biggerdreams

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 10:54:44 PM »

Nope. When I was dating it would never cross my mind. It's not until I started to learn about attractiveness that I came to realize how big of a role height plays when trying to attract most women

Do you think your dating life is going to magically change when you're a couple inches taller? It'll get slightly better, at best. Like I said earlier, if you're having issues now, you'll still have those issues later.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 11:20:37 PM »

You don't look short in the picture you posted. Seriously, you don't. And that's coming from a guy who's been struggling with height neurosis for many years now.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 11:32:14 PM »

Frankly dude, you look great from the pic
I learned some stuff during this time

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 11:37:41 PM »

Yves, from what I see I believe that your feet are somewhat short compared to your torso and that makes you seem shorter than what you really are.
I am less than an inch taller than you but due to my long tibias I appear much taller compared to you.
I really believe that LL will help you a lot, becoming about 5.11 from 5.8 will make miracles to how women see you and it will makenyour proportions much better, especially if you do tibias, no matter what people here said to you.
Of course that doesn't mean that you are gonna have every woman you want but it will make you feel better with yourself and women are always much more attracted to a more than average height man compared to a less than average.

So imo yes, you have reasons to do LL and it will improve your life significantly.

yyes

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 11:51:36 PM »

You don't look short in the picture you posted. Seriously, you don't. And that's coming from a guy who's been struggling with height neurosis for many years now.
Frankly dude, you look great from the pic
Yves, from what I see I believe that your feet are somewhat short compared to your torso and that makes you seem shorter than what you really are.
I am less than an inch taller than you but due to my long tibias I appear much taller compared to you.
I really believe that LL will help you a lot, becoming about 5.11 from 5.8 will make miracles to how women see you and it will makenyour proportions much better, especially if you do tibias, no matter what people here said to you.
Of course that doesn't mean that you are gonna have every woman you want but it will make you feel better with yourself and women are always much more attracted to a more than average height man compared to a less than average.

So imo yes, you have reasons to do LL and it will improve your life significantly.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Do you guys think it be best to invest my money in making my face more attractive more so than getting taller?

In other words, out of these two which will benefit me the most? Improving facial aesthetics or improving height?

Also if I do femur will I still look short because of my short tibias?

Body Builder

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 12:01:30 AM »

Thank you all for your feedback.

Do you guys think it be best to invest my money in making my face more attractive more so than getting taller?

In other words, out of these two which will benefit me the most? Improving facial aesthetics or improving height?

Also if I do femur will I still look short because of my short tibias?
Improving your facial is very risky as most of the times the results are bad, except you have a very big nose lets say but I don't see something really bad on your face that cam be improved.
Your overall characteristics can't be really fixed and I don't think you have a bad face. Your facial aesthetics are average and I really don't think that you can or should change something as I doubt that the result will be better.

On the other hand becomimg taller will for sure help you as the change will be obvious.
Doing femurs will still make you look better but imo tibias always look better if you do only one segment.
The best aesthetically course is doing both but at your height is really stupid to do 2 LLs, so for better optical results do tibias or do femurs if you want faster and easier results.
Wherever you do LL it will help you.
Forget about other cosmetic surgeries otherwise if you have many problems with your appearance maybe you will be benefited from going to a psychologist first.

biggerdreams

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 12:04:55 AM »

There's nothing wrong with you. Get shredded, learn how to talk to girls, and you'll forget about all this cosmetic talk.

onemorefoot

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 05:09:09 AM »

You dont look like a midget, if you analize the size of the other people in the picture( men), you look average, I also believe your trunk is large, good thing, becuase that means you can increase your height without looking strange. If you are a legit 173, just get done 1 ll, femurs better, as everyone here knows, external fixators, mainly Ilizarov, are a pain in the a!!
Budget will determine my future.

Jack1066

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »

You look taller than everyone else in that pic as far as I can see! Plus, you are quite a handsome guy. Don't be too worried, you look fine.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 09:21:06 PM »

fking say legs instead of feet. PLEASE. I beg you, just read a dictionary. Feet is the WRONG word for what you are trying to say.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Body Builder

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 09:25:58 PM »

fking say legs instead of feet. PLEASE. I beg you, just read a dictionary. Feet is the WRONG word for what you are trying to say.
I am not a native speaker of english but ok, I'll keep it in mind.
I just thought it was the same.

biggerdreams

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »

Why so serious? haha

Imagine you trying to post something in a forum in his native language. I bet you'd get a couple words mixed up! ;)

yyes

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 07:08:03 PM »

You look taller than everyone else in that pic as far as I can see! Plus, you are quite a handsome guy. Don't be too worried, you look fine.

You dont look like a midget, if you analize the size of the other people in the picture( men), you look average, I also believe your trunk is large, good thing, becuase that means you can increase your height without looking strange. If you are a legit 173, just get done 1 ll, femurs better, as everyone here knows, external fixators, mainly Ilizarov, are a pain in the a!!

That's an interesting assessment because I definitely feel shorter than average. I get called short pretty often and constantly get called demeaning words such as 'buddy'.

I didn't think the word buddy was demeaning at all until I called someone taller than me buddy. His reaction?

Buddy? I'm taller than you. Don't call me buddy.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 04:21:40 AM »

That's an interesting assessment because I definitely feel shorter than average. I get called short pretty often and constantly get called demeaning words such as 'buddy'.

I didn't think the word buddy was demeaning at all until I called someone taller than me buddy. His reaction?

What an  . Stop hanging out with people like that.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

yyes

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 04:49:27 AM »

What an ahole. Stop hanging out with people like that.

Lol. Its coworkers not friends.

But its just an example of what slightly less than average height individuals go through.

onemorefoot

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 06:22:24 AM »

Some people tell you that you are short when you are taller than them!! The guys here that are very interested in dating can tell you how some brain dead women want only 6 2" guys.
Budget will determine my future.

Lord Vader

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 09:39:02 AM »

You're perfectly in range of reaching 6 feet. You have short legs to begin with which is more than perfect. So adding those inches will make you more proportionate. Go for it!
6" 4' LL veteran.
"Be careful not to choke on your aspirations"

Jack1066

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »

lmao these people are so brain-dead. I have never been treated like this.

Also if I've ever used the word "buddy" to anyone on this forum, that's because where I'm from it's generally considered friendly and not demeaning!

yyes

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 02:26:59 PM »

You're perfectly in range of reaching 6 feet. You have short legs to begin with which is more than perfect. So adding those inches will make you more proportionate. Go for it!
Some people tell you that you are short when you are taller than them!! The guys here that are very interested in dating can tell you how some brain dead women want only 6 2" guys.

Aesthetically speaking, does it make sense to lengthen tibias or femurs? Again I'm only doing 5 cm but I want to do the procedure that will give the illusion of me looking taller.

Thatdude950

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 02:47:52 PM »

You look really good. It's not height that's your problem, if you have one.

Are you living in a white country? It's always gonna be harder for minorities re: dating. A few inches won't help.

yyes

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »

You look really good. It's not height that's your problem, if you have one.

Are you living in a white country? It's always gonna be harder for minorities re: dating. A few inches won't help.

Yeah I live in the USA

Is it my looks then that are holding me back?

jojo

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »

Btw. Regarding to the "buddy thing "

Think like this. If you own the company and call a tall employe buddy.
He wouldn't  say - don't call me that

Because then he would maybe loose his job.
He was just an a hole

DoingItForMe

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2017, 04:04:56 PM »

It's most likely your personality rather than your looks that are holding you back. I'm arguably less good looking than you, especially since I'm somewhat overweight now due to all the lack of exercise, muscle atrophy and lowered stamina after recovering from LL. And I'm shorter than you when you wear 2-inch lifts, but I'm attracting all sorts of attractive girls, including a high fashion model last week. So, it's not your looks. Maybe it's a little bit of your looks, but since I'm not as good looking as you and I'm doing pretty well in the dating scene, I'm going to guess that looks is not the major factor here. If you were ugly, I would have said it's your looks, but you look fine to me. Only thing is that you're not so super attractive that you don't need a personality to pull in girls. And no, being 2 inches taller still doesn't make you super attractive, sorry. Maybe if you being ripped, you might, though. So, you still need to supplement your looks with a good game/routine/whatever you want to call it.

I can't give you a detailed reason as to what it is about your personality unless you post like a transcript of how you talk to girls you're interested in - though, you probably shouldn't do that since this is a public forum. But here's a quick guess: You say that the girls who you don't like, like you. But the girls you do like, don't like you. This might mean that you're treating these two types of girls differently. A common mistake that people make when trying to attract someone is to be too nice to someone. If you don't appear busy or have a lot going on, then it's not attractive. You might appear busy to girls you don't like, because you're blowing them off or not showing much interest. This is attractive to girls, because you don't lower your value to them. You're telling them subtly that you're a higher value than them and that they have to earn your time. You probably aren't doing this to the girls you are attracted to, so they think less of you because you're too friendly to them i.e. you're making a great case for them to be your friend, not girlfriend. I recommend doing research on how to improve your personality and attraction to girls - dating books, blogs, and even YouTube videos. This will help you much more than getting taller. The best improvement you can do in the dating world is to be happy with yourself and your life first. If you aren't even happy with yourself, then why would someone else who's not you be happy with you?

Not all hope is lost, though, because I didn't know how to attract girls when I was younger, too. It's a skill that you can hone and practice to become better with. Some people are born naturally charismatic, but you don't have to be. I certainly wasn't. The other good thing is that there are always new girls out there for you to practice with. Once you meet a new girl, it's like a clean slate. You get to start all over again, and not make the same mistakes this time around.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up