Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: When is LL worth it?  (Read 17164 times)

onemorefoot

Re: When is LL worth it?
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2017, 04:25:18 PM »

Aesthetically speaking, does it make sense to lengthen tibias or femurs? Again I'm only doing 5 cm but I want to do the procedure that will give the illusion of me looking taller.
If only 5 cm get external fixators for tibias, It looks better, you look taller as your knee is above. You can even do 6-7 there .
Budget will determine my future.

biggerdreams

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2017, 05:18:15 PM »

Aesthetically speaking, does it make sense to lengthen tibias or femurs? Again I'm only doing 5 cm but I want to do the procedure that will give the illusion of me looking taller.

Why the illusion of looking taller? That might be good for you for pictures if no one else was in the photo but that sounds like a temporary fix to me. If height is truly important to others they will still judged you by reference against other people's height.

If your actual height doesn't matter to you then get over the mental hump. If it actually matters to you, do more research on LL. But make sure this is for you not for others.

Thatdude950

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2017, 05:45:42 PM »

Yeah I live in the USA

Is it my looks then that are holding me back?

No- most white, Asian and black women are just gonna have a bias toward white men. Nothing to do with your height or how you generally look because you seem to be a good looking fella, but being a minority might make things a bit harder. That might not be the reason, I'm jus speculating. But I seriously doubt it's your height, to the extent that a few inches will make any difference at all.

Jack1066

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017, 06:10:31 PM »

IMO the race bias is as strong as the height bias or maybe stronger- when I look at people's online dating profiles they tend to stipulate that they want to date only white men even more often than they have a strong height barrier (like above 5'7" or 5'8").

But I've never dated women as a non-white guy... So I don't know.

DoingItForMe

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2017, 07:49:51 PM »

Depends on the city. The more Asians there are in the city you live in, the more accepting interracial couples become. For example, if you are in L.A., Seattle, Houston, and NYC, I see a few white girls with Asian guys. But the bias is still there. I tend to find that the white girls who date me (an Asian guy) tend to have been exposed to Asians before - whether they had an Asian friend before or watch Asian movies/TV shows or listen to Asian music. Very rarely does a girl who's never been around Asian culture much will be willing to really date me. Maybe they'd try it, but they won't like me as much as if I were white instead. I think those white girls just look down on Asian guys and the feeling is similar to when a tall girl looks down on a short guy. The opposite is true for white guys with Asian girls, though. White guys WANT to look down on their Asian girlfriends - figuratively and literally. I see many tall white guys with short Asian girls. So so many.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

femoral_indecency

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 08:42:43 PM »

I didn't think the word buddy was demeaning at all until I called someone taller than me buddy. His reaction?

Buddy? I'm taller than you. Don't call me buddy.

His defensive reaction is more telling of his own insecurities than your height. He interpreted the word "buddy" as a dimunitive addressing (being patronized) and his immediate rebuttal was height related (he just projected his most salient and relevant insecurity).
It is better to have experienced one's share of evils than to have always wondered what could have been.

biggerdreams

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2017, 10:01:47 PM »

Depends on the city. The more Asians there are in the city you live in, the more accepting interracial couples become. For example, if you are in L.A., Seattle, Houston, and NYC, I see a few white girls with Asian guys. But the bias is still there. I tend to find that the white girls who date me (an Asian guy) tend to have been exposed to Asians before - whether they had an Asian friend before or watch Asian movies/TV shows or listen to Asian music. Very rarely does a girl who's never been around Asian culture much will be willing to really date me. Maybe they'd try it, but they won't like me as much as if I were white instead. I think those white girls just look down on Asian guys and the feeling is similar to when a tall girl looks down on a short guy. The opposite is true for white guys with Asian girls, though. White guys WANT to look down on their Asian girlfriends - figuratively and literally. I see many tall white guys with short Asian girls. So so many.

There are all types of interracial couples, not just Asian + (another race). You are probably more hyper focused on this because you're Asian. You see few interracial couples with Asian men because Asian men (like black women) are the least desired of all races. This is the world we live in.

yyes

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2017, 10:07:16 PM »

IMO the race bias is as strong as the height bias or maybe stronger- when I look at people's online dating profiles they tend to stipulate that they want to date only white men even more often than they have a strong height barrier (like above 5'7" or 5'8").

But I've never dated women as a non-white guy... So I don't know.
No- most white, Asian and black women are just gonna have a bias toward white men. Nothing to do with your height or how you generally look because you seem to be a good looking fella, but being a minority might make things a bit harder. That might not be the reason, I'm jus speculating. But I seriously doubt it's your height, to the extent that a few inches will make any difference at all.

So are all you guys going for white girls?  I keep it exclusively to hispanic girls since Im hispanic and I still struggle.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:43:24 AM by yyes »

biggerdreams

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2017, 10:24:08 PM »

So are all you guys going for white girls?  I keep it exclusively to hispanic girls since Im hispanic girls and I still struggle.

Not to be negative but you probably need to up your game, I find that hispanic girls are probably the easiest to pick up.

Otzz

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2017, 01:20:20 AM »

I wouldn't do it even if I was 5 foot tall, but that's my opinion and I understand that almost everyone disagrees with me here.

What I really don't understand is why a 5'6"+ man would do it. You're not that short. Wear lifts! If you're 5'6" then you'll be 5'9" (average height) with 3 inch lifts. Why not do that?

biggerdreams

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2017, 02:42:05 AM »

I wouldn't do it even if I was 5 foot tall, but that's my opinion and I understand that almost everyone disagrees with me here.

What I really don't understand is why a 5'6"+ man would do it. You're not that short. Wear lifts! If you're 5'6" then you'll be 5'9" (average height) with 3 inch lifts. Why not do that?

How tall are you? Also 5'9" is not always average depending on demographic

google42

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2017, 04:23:54 AM »

3 inch lifts? That's a bit too much and what about when you gotta take them off? Then people will know.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2017, 04:35:08 AM »

I've tried different lifts and around 2 inches it starts to get annoying I can't imagine wearing 3 inches lifts for everyday life. I have used them for parties or formal ocassions but it was unconfortable.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

yyes

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2017, 04:44:52 AM »

I've tried different lifts and around 2 inches it starts to get annoying I can't imagine wearing 3 inches lifts for everyday life. I have used them for parties or formal ocassions but it was unconfortable.

And it looks freaking weird.  You are 5'8 and then add 3 inch lifts? Where are those 3 inches coming from? Your legs still look short. Yes you are 5'11 but dont look 5'11. You would look weird.

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »

you have no balls. you are the tallest in the group in the pic w/lifts and still feel like you look like a midget. i'd like to see you feel what its like to be 5'3

yyes

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2017, 01:14:00 AM »

you have no balls. you are the tallest in the group in the pic w/lifts and still feel like you look like a midget. i'd like to see you feel what its like to be 5'3

Midget was probably the wrong word to use. But I do still feel short compared to most men here in my area

Also,

For those interested, I think this is a fascinating article

http://www.vinaywcmd.com/2013/12/male-face-versus-male-body-versus-male.html

Bander72

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2017, 01:31:20 AM »

As I said in another thread there is a great deal of mental illness in the forum. That or a very bad attempt at trolling.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Morgenst.

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2017, 04:07:28 AM »

Man I don't even know how to answer your question because it seems your issue is much more geared towards your own sense of self worth than height. Yes 5'8 is a lick away from the average height but if you think 3 inches is gonna suddenly get you all the confidence and all the p*ssy in the world you're mistaken. I don't know what you consider "struggle" in the dating scene but I'm 5'3 and when even without lifts I don't have much trouble picking up women. You don't look like a troll in your pic or anything so try bringing your BMI down and building that confidence up in other ways before going the LL route, that'd be my advice.

biggerdreams

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2017, 04:45:17 AM »

Man I don't even know how to answer your question because it seems your issue is much more geared towards your own sense of self worth than height. Yes 5'8 is a lick away from the average height but if you think 3 inches is gonna suddenly get you all the confidence and all the p*ssy in the world you're mistaken. I don't know what you consider "struggle" in the dating scene but I'm 5'3 and when even without lifts I don't have much trouble picking up women. You don't look like a troll in your pic or anything so try bringing your BMI down and building that confidence up in other ways before going the LL route, that'd be my advice.

I couldn't agree with all of this more. This seems to be a self confidence issue but a lot of the time people don't realize this about themselves so it's impossible to fix a problem you aren't aware of.

Curious though, Morgenst, even if you can get girls easily, are you considering LL and why?

yyes

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2017, 04:51:05 AM »

To me its not about attracting girls. I attract plenty. The issue is attracting the one that I am legitimately interested in. I seem to attract crazy girls that are pretty attractive but I also attract girls that arent the prettiest. I want to attract a pretty girl that isnt psycho and actually has long term goals, so I can start a family with her.

biggerdreams

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2017, 04:59:52 AM »

To me its not about attracting girls. I attract plenty. The issue is attracting the one that I am legitimately interested in. I seem to attract crazy girls that are pretty attractive but I also attract girls that arent the prettiest. I want to attract a pretty girl that isnt psycho and actually has long term goals, so I can start a family with her.

You attract what you seek. A lot of the time we don't realize that our habits or personality is attracting what we receive. Take some time to reassess if you are what those goal-driven, attractive women want (aside from height).

I'd also like to highlight what another member said about how you treat those girls. You have to treat all women the same because it will be that confidence you give off to say, an unaattractive girl, that will attract the ones you want.

It's all mental.

Morgenst.

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2017, 05:07:11 AM »

I couldn't agree with all of this more. This seems to be a self confidence issue but a lot of the time people don't realize this about themselves so it's impossible to fix a problem you aren't aware of.

Curious though, Morgenst, even if you can get girls easily, are you considering LL and why?

It's hard to explain but it's very much something I want for my own personal enjoyment. I never wanted to be 6ft tall adonis or any of that crap but there is a certain ping that goes off in my mind when I approach a bar and the counter reaches halfway to my torso where everyone else it comfortably reaches waist or belly button level, not being able to see over certain things. They're small inconsequential things, I'm aware of it but I view this as a cosmetic surgery first and foremost for myself. The way I see it some people want a new nose or lips and this is what I want. I'd wouldn't die without it by any means but it is an indulgence I'd like to give myself.

Yess- I don't know man again 3 inches will not get you the wifey you're after. I don't see how a height increase will you get a sane woman, the two things aren't correlated. That's like a woman thinking a breast augm. will suddenly get her a respectable man she has yet been able to find

yyes

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2017, 05:09:34 AM »

Yess- I don't know man again 3 inches will not get you the wifey you're after. I don't see how a height increase will you get a sane woman, the two things aren't correlated. That's like a woman thinking a breast augm. will suddenly get her a respectable man she has yet been able to find

http://www.vinaywcmd.com/2013/12/male-face-versus-male-body-versus-male.html

biggerdreams

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2017, 07:04:55 AM »

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 08:35:21 PM »

first of all, lifts are suppose to be for formal events when there are gonna be tons of chicks in heels to balance the height difference. second of all, the 5'6 man is better off doing 8cm in femurs than hiding behind lifts their entire life. third of all, what are u gonna do when ur gf or a chick u brought home sees u without the shoes?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2017, 10:36:49 PM »

I read the article. One of the most ridiculus pieces of paper I have ever seen. I am not going to explain why as just rethinking about this article can make my brain shrink because of all the stupidity in it.

Dude, reading your comments it appears more and more appearant that you are a mental case. Get off this forum and go to a psicologist or a shrink becuase you are not OK and that's why you only attract women who are not mentally OK.
I learned some stuff during this time

biggerdreams

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2017, 05:17:50 PM »

first of all, lifts are suppose to be for formal events when there are gonna be tons of chicks in heels to balance the height difference. second of all, the 5'6 man is better off doing 8cm in femurs than hiding behind lifts their entire life. third of all, what are u gonna do when ur gf or a chick u brought home sees u without the shoes?

I find that height is something you judge a person for at first impression. It's a screen. When people get past that screen, the height is no longer the basis point. So the girl is your gf or you get her home, she's beyond focusing on your height.

But totally agree, LL > lifts for life.

James24

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2017, 03:06:37 PM »

Reading through the comments and what not, I personally believe it has more to do with the way you see yourself.
Your height isn't a problem.. It is a normal height.

you are basically a few cm's taller than few most women out there, so your height wouldn't be a problem. Me on the other hand, 5'6 1/2. I struggle highly with confidence ..

What your problem is, is the way you see how things work.

You don't necessarily need height to attract a date.
I mean look at Zac Efron, he's the exact same height as you and women will do anything to spend time even close to him..

You could do better than a risky, dangerous surgery for something that can be overcome in safer ways.

Many people actually suffer from depression because of their height, Only then you "could" say it's reasonable for them to undergo the procedure..

How about, you visit a shrink, Give yourself some time to truly think about it, and then decide whether it's that important or not. :)
Wish you the best mate.
It's not about how tall you are in the eyes of the world, It's about how you feel about yourself as an individual.

Body Builder

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »

So the solution is to be very handsome, famous and rich to attract women despite the lack of height.
In different words, be almost excellent in anything else to compensate for the lack of few inches height.

This is bs for me.
LL can make most of us to not need to compensate at all and feel complete with ourselves.
Becoming excellent in anything else just to be as successful is the average man in dating is first of all is unfair and  second even harder than LL.

vegeta24

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »

If you have a decent face and are successful in life and have had no trouble finding women to date you, then you're doing this surgery because you're still insecure about your height. I know many below average height guys who do great with women, that's because though they have good faces. Height is really one of those things that only compliments having a decent looking face.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2017, 05:00:49 PM »

Not really. In my humble experience, most women I know would rather date an average/ less than average in beauty but average/more than average height than the other way around. So even the ugly ones can benefit from looking taller.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up