Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to use illizarov to lengthen both femurs together?  (Read 16919 times)

Re: Possible to use illizarov to lengthen both femurs together?
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »

I think all of you here who are planning to do LL are very unrealistic about the procedure. Imagine having 2 frames on your whole femur (http://www.ilizarov.org.uk/images/mikea1.jpg) for AT LEAST 6 MONTHS. Just do external on tibia like everyone else, it's more comfortable and you can sleep, walk and sit better.

Just trying to help you guys, because external tibia lengthening is already hell, could not imagine external femur...

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 05:03:03 PM »

I think all of you here who are planning to do LL are very unrealistic about the procedure. Imagine having 2 frames on your whole femur (http://www.ilizarov.org.uk/images/mikea1.jpg) for AT LEAST 6 MONTHS. Just do external on tibia like everyone else, it's more comfortable and you can sleep, walk and sit better.

Just trying to help you guys, because external tibia lengthening is already hell, could not imagine external femur...
You can do loan and be like this for 3 months...other speak about monorail which is more comfortable, the problem is not all patients have short tibias, my tibias are the same length of people 3 inches taller than me and I think I will look bad with 4 inches in tibias(1 inch shoes and 3 inches gain)...we just wanna find a way to do it cheap.
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 08:05:47 AM »

Does Bagirov (Moscow) use monorails or cages for his ext lengthening?

cases of knee scar contracture seem high (30%) for cages.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 08:25:23 AM »

Also, your strides WILL be shorter, biomechanically speaking, with long tibiae. With long femurs, your strides will be longer.

even if you have the SAME LENGTH of femurs and longer tibia, your stride is smaller?

Where did you get this information from? thanks!

Taller

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 08:54:45 AM »

This is what I've heard from several former tibia patients. Ask MDOW, though, as he explains it best. He recently shared that he still feels that he has the strides of someone his original height.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 03:48:04 PM »

That's right.  Long femurs means your strides are longer since the femur goes farther forward when you walk, but you end up "stomping" a little bit since the footfall is later in the stride than someone naturally that height.  With tibia lengthening it's the opposite, your walk actually gets smoother and more "vertical" because the footfall comes earlier in the stride, but the strides are shorter than they would be for someone naturally at that height.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 06:17:46 PM »

This is what I've heard from several former tibia patients. Ask MDOW, though, as he explains it best. He recently shared that he still feels that he has the strides of someone his original height.

Ahhh, i see. so you are now taller person with a shorter stride than someone naturally at that height.
but absoutely speaking,the stride did not get shorter :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up