Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja  (Read 271735 times)

Shorty

• Visitor
Re: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2013, 12:18:39 AM »

diso,

You know if they also apply a male penis catheter after the operation? BTW, how hard/easy is to change clothes -- especially underwear -- with these frames on? Please, tell shorty to start a diary, too. I'm sure the moderator of this forum can start one for him if he wants.
this pic for u with short

Disobedient

« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2013, 12:56:55 AM »

Shorty and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

is it 2mm effect what make you happy and not sleeping in such a late time  :D

Kilokahn

well I guess I'm the daredevil in this situation ..thanks for the advices but this is shorty who is walking,.. for me I just lay on the bed waiting to be taller ::)

BullSurfer

it is a very tiny rabbit , isn't it  :)
I'm still 5cm and smth... to be honest I notice that after 5cm the pain decreased.. or maybe because I  used to the pain ..

sadboy

thanks sadboy

Leo

if you were a girl I would defiantly recommend Thong  or G-string underwear..  however I remember my male Greek teacher was wearing once "thong" underwear so I think you guys have the same types maybe with different name ...

Machine

No this not the reason behind banning  me in old forum  ,,, cuz I said that I didn't mention doing the 2 parts at the same time ..
I think the reason is because I brought a name of new Dr.. !

Claude

it depends in what do you mean by too much.. I'm planing for 10 or 12cm right now,,

Shorty

• Visitor
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2013, 01:23:44 AM »

is it 2mm effect what make you happy and not sleeping in such a late time  :D

:D  ;D maybe

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2013, 01:36:26 AM »

Diso you should go for 13 cm that's roughly 5 inches.

Diso is it ok if I come and visit you? I'll be in Delhi soon.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2013, 01:38:52 AM »

Lots of Delhi travelers.

I'll be there at the end of this month if the USPS gets my passport back to me in time. lol
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Adriano

« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2013, 02:08:05 AM »

That’s very correct DSB  !!
U got banned bcos u were introducing a new Dr to the forum. While that is on its own not enough to get any one banned, what sealed ur fate is that ur Dr was so much cheaper than what Dr Singari and Apo are charging patients.

Long Story short, u were too much of a risk for his business ventures ….  Ha a ah ah aaha a

Adriano

« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2013, 02:45:47 AM »

DSB
Can you find out from ur Dr if he can use Precice nails.
If not, ask him when he may be able to do so.

Disobedient

« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »

BullSurfer

yeah it's ok, are you originally from delhi? or you'll come for LL ?

Adriano

I'll ask him although I know his opinion toward internal method

Leonardo2013

« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »

Shorty, great pic with the shorts. How's your pain level so far? Is it worse on tibias or femurs? Are you taking injections or pain medication? How about for sleeping, anything? Good luck and please keep us informed. It'll be nice to get some pics of the facilities, so we can see what it looks like over there.

Disobedient

« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2013, 11:28:47 PM »

It is 4:50 Am

I still can't sleep..I have to find solution to sleeping issue ..
 and I'm still doing my turn .. everything is normal
except that I started to have chest pain and fasten heartbeat but since this feeling is so rare so I don't think there is any thing serious about it..
the other pain that I have is in my toes this is one of the weirdest pain I ever had ! it is not so painful but it is annoying me a lot ,,,
it is funny how I start to list type of pain that I have.. this really make me feel like I'm getting older. .. !!..

Shorty

• Visitor
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »

Shorty, great pic with the shorts. How's your pain level so far? Is it worse on tibias or femurs? Are you taking injections or pain medication? How about for sleeping, anything? Good luck and please keep us informed. It'll be nice to get some pics of the facilities, so we can see what it looks like over there.

thanks
tibia more.. and femur most in pin site..

I just take only pain killer no injections and I feel OK  :)

Sleeping is different from day to day sometime I have good sleep but some no .

I am in hotel now with Dis . So what facilities u ask about??

Disobedient

« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »

Shorty

• Visitor
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2013, 03:29:39 AM »

hey look at this

http://www.healthkart.com/sv/smart-care-aluminium-folding-walker-with-adj-height-%28915%29/SP-15167?navKey=VRNT-25674

I couldn't find the one that I told you about... it was in http://www.tradus.com

Ok what u think ,, its the same price should we get it online or call the guy ??

Russianblues

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2013, 06:12:41 AM »

Hey Dis, I see you posting a lot about methods to increase your consolidation. You probably are but just to make sure if you want to maximize your bone growth you should be taking calcium and vitamin d3  ;D

Disobedient

« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2013, 06:38:44 AM »

shorty... I'll talk to you later regarding that..BTW lata didn't come today  :'( :'( . but they sent to me another one

Hey Dis, I see you posting a lot about methods to increase your consolidation. You probably are but just to make sure if you want to maximize your bone growth you should be taking calcium and vitamin d3  ;D

loool yes I want to speed up my consolidation :D  .,,when sweden said try two years to consolidate I started to worry about that a lot although  that my Dr said I  have good callus ..
I do take calcium and vitamin d3..
how about you, how u doing... ?

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2013, 06:49:15 AM »

Diso, im in Delhi, how and and where I can come and visit u. I can do it today. Private message me. Thanks.

Russianblues

« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2013, 06:55:22 AM »

I'm perfect.

Although had a minor hiccup two days ago when one of my pins just snapped randomly so I had to go back to the hospital and get it replaced.

Fingers crossed for close to 5cm this next x-ray. ::)

Disobedient

« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2013, 07:03:05 AM »

Hi Bullsurfer

I'll send you msg

I'm perfect.

Although had a minor hiccup two days ago when one of my pins just snapped randomly so I had to go back to the hospital and get it replaced.

Fingers crossed for close to 5cm this next x-ray. ::)

ooh ! well these things can't  happen with the monorail  ;D..'
congrat in reaching your goal  ;).. you will stop at 5cm ? or you will continue to 6cm since you  don't suffer from any complication so far,,,
what is your height ?

Russianblues

« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2013, 08:33:06 AM »

I'm not sure if I will stop at 5cm or continue to 6. Will have to make a decision after the next x-ray.

My starting height is 174cm. 6 will make me an even 180 but I don't want to get hung up on arbitrary numbers especially when I am at risk of ankle issues on both feet and ballerina on my left foot.

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2013, 03:25:14 PM »

Delhi is hectic, people and things crowding out the streets. Some ppl are overly helpful, some are out to get you (maybe because Im short, I blame many things on my shortness). One day since arriving in Delhi, hotel where im staying denies my reimbursement for prepaid taxi which was promised to me (ripoff). The taxi I hired for taking me places, took me to his commissioned restaurant, and tried to get me to buy garments which don't have needs for (I know all this from watching BBC scam cities). I didn't even tell you the first scam the moment I landed. Here it is, I was at the airport trying to get to a phone in order to call my hotel, I spotted these red phones lining up, so I thought to myself "yay!". I quickly went over and after queries of how such thing work. I was ready, 1 minute 6 rupees, cool. However, to my surprise the next guy came and ask how much per minute and I heard the word "panch" which means 5 in hindi. I then ask him how come, he gave some bs about differences between landline and mobile number. Ok, no problem, 6 rup ain't bad. I then showed him my hotel number, he dialed but not before turning his name tag to the back and b4 I even noticed his name. Cool, I don't need to know his name. Bring... phones is ringing, wrong number after 3 minutes of what where who how. I looked at him hoping hed forget the charge and redial the correct number to help me out. Nope, he didn't, instead "pay up!" I paid then walked away. I then asked a hot Indian girl fiddling with her ipho near luggage belt, only to realize shes has no local sim, Im an idiot. Anyway,  beware of scams if you plan on coming to India or travelling outside your cool corner of the pond bc you can get burn, its not much compare to what we pay back home, but it's just annoying.

If anyone think Im being unfair, hit me up. Even after all the things I mentioned above, I still think Delhi is a good city to come to.

LLL

« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »

What's your height, BullSurfer?

Disobedient

« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »

RB

I'll repeat the same advice that u gave me once "listen to your body" :)
update us when you'll get your x-ray
Good luck
 BTW 174 not short, but 180 cm is so damn good

BullSurfer

lool ;D , it is always funny to read the first impression of Delhi from the foreigner's point of view  .. well I was almost in the same situation 3 months ago..

about the ppl yes some of them are extremely helpful .. I remember when I arrived the airport I was almost lost since this is very first time for me to travel alone and I don't know what the steps after I arrive at the airport, however this was an advantage for me too  cuz the airport's employees helped me in everything so it turns out that the steps after you arrive at the airport are completely easy:
1-follow the passengers who were at your same flight till you feel that you lost
2- find  a Customs officer to help you.. ;D I didn't have to wait in custom official " I felt that I'm so lucky to see other ppl  standing in very long  line  while  I got one of Customs officer to help me and finish in less that 10min "..
3-ask the same person from where you could purchase Indian sim card
4- buy the sim card and ask the seller from where you could book a cab " obviously he'll ask you about your hotel, and maybe he'll be kind enough to call your hotel and write the address on piece of paper for you..
5- book the cab , they will give you a receipt along with the number of the cab "like for example cab no 9"
6- take the cab give him the receipt and the  piece of paper with an address of the your hotel on it..

Delhi is such big city and you'll see different type of things in the street from the ox , bicycle to car... to be honest I hated delhi in my first two weeks  in India ! I thought there are multiple things have to be change over here ...
and I remember after I had my consultation in forti and nova... I decided to ride one of these green yellow motor thing to see new Delhi before leaving to Mumbai .. and so I did and in the street I saw a guy hitting small boy by the chair.. I decided then that this country is not for me ..! and I can't live here.. when I went back to hotel I had couple of drink then I decided again that I have to be brave and not wasting anytime so I called Jitendar from nova hospital and I told him that I made up my mind and I'll do LL in Monday after 2days..   :)

welcome to Delhi Bullsurfer
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:24:46 PM by Disobedient »

Leonardo2013

« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2013, 05:34:01 AM »

Diso,

Can you tell us how you handled accommodation after surgery? Do you have to find it on your own? I mean, your surgeon doesn't have a guess house like doctors from other diaries have? What are the pro's and cons of the hotel? How much is it per day and what's included and what's not? How do you handle your laundry and grocery shopping? Does it have Air Conditioning? And the most important thing -- do you have a caretaker/nurse? If so, how expensive it is. Thank you.   
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:37:35 AM by Leonardo2013 »

Disobedient

« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2013, 09:02:06 AM »

Hi leo

Can you tell us how you handled accommodation after surgery? Do you have to find it on your own? I mean, your surgeon doesn't have a guess house like doctors from other diaries have?

No they don't have.. but they search for  a hotel  according to my budget (1000 INR/day) however I wasn't satisfy with the hotels they showed to me except one of them " Sisley Hotel"  but this one cost me around 1400 INR/day.. it was a good hotel though the room is so big, I have a balcony, very close to the hospital.. however I didn't find the staff friendly, the elevator is small so it doesn't fit my wheelchair

so I moved to another hotel  called " Le Benz"  it's new hotel , the cost is 27000/month , the staff is so friendly, the room is good in general however it is not close to hospital I think 5or8km from hospital,,check it here http://www.booking.com/hotel/in/le-benz.en.html

I have caretaker, and she is the one who is doing my laundry.. I pay her 600 INR/day , however you could find cheaper one I guess,,,

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2013, 10:13:57 AM »

Wat diso said is quite right. People can be unfriendly and crappy hotels can be a hassle. Do not trust the pictures you see during booking. Its not just off but way way off. Be prepared.

Diso, youll be in D city for the long haul then? I wish I have a bank to back me up.

JP

« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »

Hi,

I don’t understand why external device on femur causes knee ROM problems after 1cm?
Is the fixator going through any muscles, arteries, veins, hamstrings, knee joint and hip joint?

Are you able to bend your knee?

Did your Dr. discourage you from doing external femur lengthening?
Did your Dr. explain the risk for monorail on your femur and what exactly is it?
Would you ask this question to your Dr.
Someone who lengthen 4-5cm on the femurs how long is the consolidation altogether with the lengthening?

Drew

Disobedient

« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2013, 05:58:30 AM »

8cm (4.5cm in tibia- 3.5 femur)

I’m no longer under the average height 8) !  I’m 160-161cm !! I’m  a normal emirate girl.. ;D ;D
Oh that’s feel so good..  it’s feel like if you became God and starting to design your body according your desire…
I don’t know how to describe my feeling.. but as soon as they told me it’s 8cm, I fall in love with Dr Rah , India, even these monorail fixator.. I felt that it worth all the pain ..
I’m so proud of myself and my body.. I think I did great job ,,
8cm with no complication no ballerina foot no nerves issue, it’s amazing.. I know that I have problem with knee bending.. But let’s hope that will be solved after removing the frame… My dr said he’ll find solution to my knee bending so I don’t have to worry, and I trust him I’m sure he’ll  solve this problem..
I’ll let shorty to take pic of my x-ray then I’ll post it…

Hi drew

I dunno about your question but if you take a look to my x-ray you can tell that the fixator located few mm under the knee joint..
for bending the knee yes I cant bend my knee,,, I reached 45 however when I started the distraction the knee bending starting to be more harder.. right now I'm doing 20 deg..
but I think this is really vary from one person to another, cuz shorty did 90 or 85 deg ..
Did your Dr. discourage you from doing external femur lengthening?
humm he said this will cuz a discomfort
Did your Dr. explain the risk for monorail on your femur and what exactly is it?
on femur no..
Someone who lengthen 4-5cm on the femurs how long is the consolidation altogether with the lengthening?
for 5cm
15days b4 distraction
50 days "distraction phase"
6-8 weeks for consolidation

Shorty

• Visitor
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »

I ma really happy for u    :D ;D :D ;D :D

Arche

« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2013, 08:07:26 AM »

Hey Disobedient, you proved me wrong, among others! Congrats on the achievement, and I hope you stay safe. Keep us updated!

NBW

• 5'3"
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2013, 04:04:20 PM »

Hey, you're as tall as me now. Congrats

abcd

• Visitor
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »

Congratulations and keep on fighting!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Up