Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I Stop at 4.5 cm due to poor bone healing ?  (Read 8176 times)

Activatedxx

Re: Should I Stop at 4.5 cm due to poor bone healing ?
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2021, 11:55:10 PM »

I don't think it's the surgeon's fault tbh. If his body doesn't grow bone what can the surgeon do.

Didn’t grow bone because surgeon didn’t let him partial weightbear

Also looks like break wasn’t done properly and caused some alignment concern
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Shatter. Gee. 11

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2021, 02:05:03 AM »

Both technical mistakes during surgery, poor decision making during the process, implant factors and patient factors can participate to poor bone formation.
Thanks good doc
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Plan- LON tibia 6 cm, LON femur 5 cm

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2021, 03:32:45 PM »

Hello guys

https://ibb.co/7Wt9d5G

her is my x-ray of both femur after 6 months post-surgery, and now I'm walking  without assistance  ( no couches)

I stopped  at 4.2 cm ( NOT Worth it )
 I think my bone formation was not that bad as some members suggested to continue to lengthen, and I could reach at least 5 cm but my doctor had refused. 

It was all about my mistake not to choose the right doctor and not to listen to some member to consult with a top doctor at the early stage.

my doctor told me that if  I want to re-break and lengthen again,  they will remove the nails and re-break the femur again, and it is not possible to re-break it without removing it nail. 

4 cm was okay to cure my high narcissus in terms of feeling short, but  result was not satisfied, and no one noticed that I get taller except my wife cause she knew the procedure :) and some family members, so I would say: up to 3 cm even your self will notice, 4 -5  you and might some people, after  6 cm it is noticeable 

tallertree

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2021, 04:01:34 PM »

You will thank yourself later in life if you stop now.

4,2cm means you get quite taller but also preserved proportions and mobility. With your height increase you will still be able to basically fully workout your lower body at the gym and thus get bigger(and being perceived as bigger). I wish i could go back in time and stop at your height. 

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2021, 05:23:11 PM »

Thank you so much for your supportive post, its make me feel better. if you look at the white side, I did not feel short any more , which mean overcome the issue of feeling short , and if I got 5 cm   more .07~.08 is not  that difference . if you look at it in terms of d proportions and mobility, then yes I gree

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2022, 01:27:10 PM »

My right femur is shorter than the left femur about 2 cm and also the right femur is rotated outdoor which means it needs to Lengthen around 2 cm and rotated a bit indoors.

But unfortunately, yesterday the right femur nail has broken :(

https://ibb.co/jWn8dPY
https://ibb.co/N6dbYzy

thaw1010

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2022, 01:41:50 PM »

My right femur is shorter than the left femur about 2 cm and also the right femur is rotated outdoor which means it needs to Lengthen around 2 cm and rotated a bit indoors.

Precice?

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2022, 02:02:28 PM »

Precice?

Yes and even my weight is 56 km and current hight is 165 cm

thaw1010

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2022, 02:39:06 PM »

Yes and even my weight is 56 km and current hight is 165 cm

Damn, that really sucks man. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, you got this just stay persistent! What do you think caused this?

TakingAction

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2022, 02:54:59 PM »

What?! Why and how did your femur break?
Gained 3 inches
Patient of Dr. Robbins and Dr. Paley (Nov 2021)
My Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68301.0

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2022, 02:57:29 PM »

Damn, that really sucks man. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, you got this just stay persistent! What do you think caused this?

bad surgical techniques and follow up from the doctor

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2022, 02:58:27 PM »

bad surgical techniques and follow up from the doctor
  just I was walking normally , and its just break itself   

thaw1010

« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2022, 03:16:24 PM »

just I was walking normally , and its just break itself

Why were you walking during lengthening?

Ozzi6557

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2022, 03:17:20 PM »

I'm sorry to hear.  How did you notice it was broken?  According to an X-ray or did you just feel it broken?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2022, 06:33:21 PM »

It didn't mention anything about good or bad looks or self esteem; just short & muscular vs. tall & skinny.

There's nothing wrong with skinny.  And big muscles don't make a guy anywhere near more attractive to women as gymrats think they do.

TheGambitKing

« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2022, 06:51:12 PM »

Do ur fight ability decrease with LL even when u r full healed? (Ik agility is important but reading u it looks like u get disabled to fight)

tallertree

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2022, 07:04:14 PM »

Do ur fight ability decrease with LL even when u r full healed? (Ik agility is important but reading u it looks like u get disabled to fight)
Well imagine having around 10cm longer femurs than normal while being in a fight.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2022, 09:05:45 PM »

I'm sorry to hear.  How did you notice it was broken?  According to an X-ray or did you just feel it broken?

it is broken almost 9 months post surgery   

I did feel it broken and just went to the hospital  to get an x-ray

I was not sure it was broken or not cause  it is not painful, still, I did not get any pain killer, so guys you need to be careful case breaking the nail might happen with less  pain ,and might you do   not notice it directly

V21

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2022, 10:13:10 PM »

How can it break like that after 9 months?

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2022, 11:14:01 PM »

How can it break like that after 9 months?
  I do not know  as I'm not a doctor and I  did not expect this would happen  to me  especially after the allowance of full wb from a doctor, however,  the doctor admitting that he has rotation deformity created during nail insertion but it doesn’t contribute to nonunion and implant failure, I not sure if this is true, he should not allow full wb till bone formation strong enough, and now we should replace both nails and even the left once might break any time, I  back to the zero point now   moving  with wheelchair

but this is should not stop you from achieving your dream and getting taller, my case is special if you do it  with the right doctor  and I think you will be  fine

silverlining

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2022, 12:11:02 AM »

This is scary af. Is your doctor a U.S. surgeon?

thaw1010

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2022, 12:13:58 AM »

This is scary af. Is your doctor a U.S. surgeon?

Blows my mind how chill you are dude. Ffs a piece of metal surgically inserted into your bone just broke. Seconding the question about the doctor.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2022, 08:34:46 PM »

I am willing to see Dr. Yasser elbatrawy in Cairo Egypt next week, Dr. Yasser trained under Dr. Paley for two years and get his fellowship .  when I had poor bone healing first place I emailed him and he explained to me the reason that led to poor bone healing and he mention about deformity that will happen to me in the right leg due to bad surgical technique.

Dr. Assayag was an option but now the nail is broken and I need to get emergency treatment and care nearby so fast, traveling to the USA  in a short time is hard to be arranged, now I move in a wheelchair with a right broken leg that is shorter he left about 2 cm or more and with deformity, and I think Dr. Yasser elbatrawy  is best option in middle east area.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2022, 09:00:36 PM »

Thank you so many guys for your words and supports, and I will keep writing my diary. Also,  I will write my diary with  Dr. Yasser in case I make a correction surgery with him. The current doctor or let me call him now  My X- the doctor was okay to do the correction surgery and fix the discrepancy for me,  but he is not sure if this is could be done with one surgery. The first surgery planned to remove both nails and replace them with normal nails and fix the deformity, and after full bone healing rebreak the right femur and insert  with lengthening nail to get the remaining 2. cm with means that I will end after two years and three surgery with 4 cm both legs.

I will be updating you guys next week 

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2022, 01:30:49 PM »

The doctor plan to insert a Trauma nail in the right femur with a bone graft and then wait and see for the left femur, he will shorten the left side ( 0.7 mm and wait and see if the bone healed or he would replace it with a Trauma nail ), after full bone healing he will lengthen the right femur to fix leg length discrepancy (LLD).

The most factor behind the non-union besides wrong surgical technique, which causes nail failure is lengthening the whole 1.0 one time and it should be split into three times a day  (every 8 hours, 0.22 at once ). In my case, the doctor managed to lengthen the whole 1.0 mm one time.

One more thing, after friendly investigating the doctor, has no experience with  precise nails and he only performs one case before mine, even the first case ends up with some complications, he was lying to me, and an agent in Saudi Arabia stopped to deal with him, he would not be allowed to order any  precice nail for now and so on.

Note, with the whole complications so far,  even after correction surgery planned next week, I will end up with three cms height gained in the left side only,  and with a noticeable limping on the right side, which means that I  do not just fail to achieve the desired height, but I will end up worse than before surgery.

Still, I will say: go for it  with top-notch doctors.

Ozzi6557

« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2022, 02:12:20 PM »

The doctor plan to insert a Trauma nail in the right femur with a bone graft and then wait and see for the left femur, he will shorten the left side ( 0.7 mm and wait and see if the bone healed or he would replace it with a Trauma nail ), after full bone healing he will lengthen the right femur to fix leg length discrepancy (LLD).

The most factor behind the non-union besides wrong surgical technique, which causes nail failure is lengthening the whole 1.0 one time and it should be split into three times a day  (every 8 hours, 0.22 at once ). In my case, the doctor managed to lengthen the whole 1.0 mm one time.

One more thing, after friendly investigating the doctor, has no experience with  precise nails and he only performs one case before mine, even the first case ends up with some complications, he was lying to me, and an agent in Saudi Arabia stopped to deal with him, he would not be allowed to order any  precice nail for now and so on.

Note, with the whole complications so far,  even after correction surgery planned next week, I will end up with three cms height gained in the left side only,  and with a noticeable limping on the right side, which means that I  do not just fail to achieve the desired height, but I will end up worse than before surgery.

Still, I will say: go for it  with top-notch doctors.

Will he implant in you a bone he has taken from your body?  Would you lengthen every day 1mm at once?  Wishing you good luck. stay strong 💪

173to187USTORUSSIA

« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2022, 03:44:49 PM »

It didn't mention anything about good or bad looks or self esteem; just short & muscular vs. tall & skinny.

There's nothing wrong with skinny.  And big muscles don't make a guy anywhere near more attractive to women as gymrats think they do.

Exactly Medium. Most shorter guys start going to the gym because they think adding muscle mass will compensate for a lack of height. The reality is, it doesn't.

As long as I can keep my somewhat defined upper body and arms, I don't mind having stick legs.

To the OP, your first mistake was going to an Arab doctor. it is well known in the Middle East that the biggest people to be wary of are your own countrymen. They scam each other and have a saying "the longer the beard the bigger the hypocrite." I wouldn't trust an arab/egyptian doctor in the 3rd world if my life depended on it. Not racist I am just telling like it is lived their for years and part arab.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2022, 04:51:41 PM »

Will he implant in you a bone he has taken from your body?  Would you lengthen every day 1mm at once?  Wishing you good luck. stay strong 💪

He will implant a normal nail for the right femur with full weight-bearing and Not lengthening nail, the case as the doctor explained now my bone is very weak, so he does not want to open new focus, he just wants to focus now to fix the issue with a broken nail and deal with the non-union for the left side, and after full bone healing, he will lengthen the right side with two options, 1-  just use the existing nail in the right femur and use an external nail for fix the discrepancy ( LON ) which he recommended as external full weight-bearing and I can walk next day.   I just want to fix the issue with the broken femur and later on, I think I will lengthen both femures with an internal nail.

It is very complected now as you deal with a serious issue not  a cosmetic  lengthening

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2022, 06:31:45 PM »

I agree with you, and I do understand the saying very well  : )

those types of  doctors  only  want to be super rich so fast, those people if they were successful lying  to you they would feel  somehow   smart  about it,  and if the surgery somehow  failed, they  start blaming the patient or only  say  that Allah  loves  you and this complication might be the good  for  you for  more rewards from Allah, as the only way to get rewards are to suffer from the broken leg  and other menus of  impairments waiting for you

I'm in Egypt right now, not for LL surgery,  I'm here for fixing my complications at least, there is no time now for traveling to Dr. Paley or other top doctors now.

c

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2022, 07:35:43 PM »

tell me you doctor thank you

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2022, 08:25:49 PM »

tell me you doctor thank you

you meant the doctor who I'm planing to do revision with him ?  his name is  Dr Yasser
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up