Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life ahead.  (Read 2257 times)

saltedchocolate

Life ahead.
« on: April 21, 2023, 03:15:57 AM »

So after getting non union and nerve damage after LON, It has been quite a damn journey. Last year june 28, I got my surgery and september 28 my nerves were damaged after frame removal surgery and had non union , I had lost complete sensation of my foot's sole and I was not able to walk for the first 3 months , then started walking with walker then after another 3 months with crutches and now , after my bone graft surgery , Finally without crutches. My walking gait is much better if i walk with shoes rather than flip flops , i don't know why that is , kinda strange lol but its okay since im able to walk now and go anywhere i want. Its still not a 100% normal walk but my bone has started forming really well after the surgery and yea basically for the nerve damage , I have all the movement back almost, I did not have drop foot to begin with, just sole sensation was gone which has come back like 30-40% i think i mean it still has numbness but when i touch it i feel something, temperature sensation still hasn't returned but since i see continous improvement, i'm pretty sure it has to return, where else would it go lol?

Yea man holy sh*t, what I thought was gonna be a 3-4 month thing took almost one whole year, and it came with a lot of nerve pain, i still get parasthasia / pins and needles and my dr says thats because the nerve is regenerating so that's fair and i even see the improvement so thats justified. I'm pretty sure i'll walk somewhat normal in a month or two from now max because im really giving it all on my PT and improving my muscle.

Do i feel taller?
Hell yes man , lol imagine i didn't feel tall after all this, even tho i'm 5'8 now but i'm calling it a day and no more surgeries. I'm happy with me now and Yeah I just hope that the nerve damage continues to heal this way and same goes for the bone.

Back to university !!

I will finally be going back to university in this fall after taking a gap year from there to get taller xD , I'm very excited to meet all my friends and hopefully i can hide my scars hahaha

Medications
I'm still taking gabapentin 300mg maybe 1-2 times a day to help with the parasthsia. Its not so bad tbh but yea sometimes it gets overwhelming. Hopefully i can get a prescription for them in canada once i return - if anyone has any idea on how i can do that, please do let me know.

whats next?
I need to work on walking long distances, the max ive walked rn in one go is about 1.2km  but i'm sure if i wanted to, i could do upto maybe 2 kms. I really need some advice of improving gait hahah

More physio and stretching and hopefully i'll be all perfect !!

If anyone has suggestions ahead, pls lemme know and i will be more than happy to answer any of your questions

also i did LON ON TIBIA - 7 CM.

- salted chocolate
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

Yau

Re: Life ahead.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 08:29:58 AM »

Hope u recover well and improve your gait.
Everything will go well!

Do u mind to tell me your surgeon? Do u have diary in the forum?

saltedchocolate

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 12:04:08 AM »

thanks, i got botched by sarin
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

Hagane

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 12:19:28 AM »

My walking gait is much better if i walk with shoes rather than flip flops , i don't know why that is ,

could it be that the shoes you wear have a slight elevation in the heel? whereas your flip flops are flat, you may still have a bit of residual ballerina foot
im sure with further stretching and time it should hopfully resolve
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 02:03:57 AM »

Flip flops are not ergonomic.

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2023, 12:53:36 PM »

7cm

LON

Tibias

And a Turkish surgeon

Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2023, 02:27:57 PM »

7cm

LON

Tibias

And a Turkish surgeon

OP sure did his part being a bit of an idiot (no offense) but its criminal these grown ass men allow young people to do this.  These greedy f-ckers should be in prison.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2023, 02:29:36 PM »

You made a mistake and paid for it but im glad things are headed in a positive direction.  Its good on you to have posted your situation so others can learn.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2023, 03:40:40 PM »

7cm

LON

Tibias

And a Turkish surgeon

Amar isn't a Turk; he's a Desi~

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

NailedLegs

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2023, 02:21:08 AM »

Why did you choose Dr. Sarin over Dr. Parihar?

They are both located in India, and affordable, so I don't get why anyone would roll the dice and gamble with a different surgeon.
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

saltedchocolate

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2023, 12:00:13 AM »

i did not research enough and fell for their marketing .

Taller_7

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2023, 06:22:02 AM »

So after getting non union and nerve damage after LON, It has been quite a damn journey. Last year june 28, I got my surgery and september 28 my nerves were damaged after frame removal surgery and had non union , I had lost complete sensation of my foot's sole and I was not able to walk for the first 3 months , then started walking with walker then after another 3 months with crutches and now , after my bone graft surgery , Finally without crutches. My walking gait is much better if i walk with shoes rather than flip flops , i don't know why that is , kinda strange lol but its okay since im able to walk now and go anywhere i want. Its still not a 100% normal walk but my bone has started forming really well after the surgery and yea basically for the nerve damage , I have all the movement back almost, I did not have drop foot to begin with, just sole sensation was gone which has come back like 30-40% i think i mean it still has numbness but when i touch it i feel something, temperature sensation still hasn't returned but since i see continous improvement, i'm pretty sure it has to return, where else would it go lol?

Yea man holy sh*t, what I thought was gonna be a 3-4 month thing took almost one whole year, and it came with a lot of nerve pain, i still get parasthasia / pins and needles and my dr says thats because the nerve is regenerating so that's fair and i even see the improvement so thats justified. I'm pretty sure i'll walk somewhat normal in a month or two from now max because im really giving it all on my PT and improving my muscle.

Do i feel taller?
Hell yes man , lol imagine i didn't feel tall after all this, even tho i'm 5'8 now but i'm calling it a day and no more surgeries. I'm happy with me now and Yeah I just hope that the nerve damage continues to heal this way and same goes for the bone.

Back to university !!

I will finally be going back to university in this fall after taking a gap year from there to get taller xD , I'm very excited to meet all my friends and hopefully i can hide my scars hahaha

Medications
I'm still taking gabapentin 300mg maybe 1-2 times a day to help with the parasthsia. Its not so bad tbh but yea sometimes it gets overwhelming. Hopefully i can get a prescription for them in canada once i return - if anyone has any idea on how i can do that, please do let me know.

whats next?
I need to work on walking long distances, the max ive walked rn in one go is about 1.2km  but i'm sure if i wanted to, i could do upto maybe 2 kms. I really need some advice of improving gait hahah

More physio and stretching and hopefully i'll be all perfect !!

If anyone has suggestions ahead, pls lemme know and i will be more than happy to answer any of your questions

also i did LON ON TIBIA - 7 CM.

- salted chocolate
hey man happy to see that you are recovering, all the well wishes to you. could you please share your before and after x rays of bone graft.thanx

mate10000w

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2023, 04:36:36 PM »

How are you doing now

theshortman11

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2023, 05:33:17 AM »

7CM on tibias with LON? You are a warrior man I cant imagine the pain.

Beemer m3

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2023, 01:06:39 PM »

I haven't heard of people losing sensations before. I did 5.6 cm before I stopped. Could of went more but I got tired and my foot hurted at the time too.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur
Pages: [1]   Go Up