Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: inversiontable  (Read 7933 times)

aussieboy

inversiontable
« on: July 15, 2016, 11:19:45 PM »

so I got an inversion table... do I get taller temporarily? did anyone try? I just want temp height until my LL..

onemorefoot

Re: inversiontable
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:49:24 PM »

I did that and gained a quarter of inch( it is not permanent, gravity is a motherfker), but It caused me back pain.

Budget will determine my future.

aussieboy

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:14:34 AM »

what was your routine ? was it morning or evening height? or both? also, temporarily meaning the height lasts a few hours? or do you mean, it lasts for awhile (like weeks) after you stop the inversion therapy?

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 05:41:24 AM »

I did it AT night, because there body is more flexible. It  increases height temporarily...but then when you return to a weight bearing position (ie standing) for a period of time, your intervertebral discs will again lose some degree of hydration and you will be back to normal height.If you want to boost height even somoe few mm, better take glucosamine.Inversio tables causes back problems in a long term.

aussieboy

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 09:07:01 AM »

I am already taking glucosamine.
So you do especially every night?
I am thinking to do morning and night.
I already feel taller now! =D but measurements seem normal.
I am also taking glucosamine and doing LIPUS.

hype88

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 02:22:37 PM »

Yeah I don't know boys it's a bit of myth. I've been doing for a while and I have to admit it a done nothing for me. I think the only way to gain permanent height is through the procedure! :(

aussieboy

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 02:26:16 PM »

Yeah I don't know boys it's a bit of myth. I've been doing for a while and I have to admit it a done nothing for me. I think the only way to gain permanent height is through the procedure! :(

Does it even give you temporary height? I managed to get some temporary height I think (1 cm??) through this, yoga and the dynamic height increase stretches.

CCMidwest

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 02:31:39 PM »

Inversion table, Glucosamine, and whatever else, will only help you keep height you already have.

So for me, I am 5'8 if I deadlift, watch my posture, and stretch. (all of which I would do anyway)

I am closer to 5'7 if I squat heavy, or get lazy with my posture.

I used an inversion table when I had Sciatica from a car wreck. Don't go beyond a 60 degree tilt, and no more than 30-60 seconds at a time, could hurt your back otherwise.
5'7.5

aussieboy

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 03:12:37 PM »

Should I avoid deadlifts? seems bad for your spine in the long-run when you get older... might shorten it?? I don't know, ha

CCMidwest

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 03:23:01 PM »

Should I avoid deadlifts? seems bad for your spine in the long-run when you get older... might shorten it?? I don't know, ha

If your're old enough for your growth plates to be closed, then you should deadlift.

Deadlift improves posture, and is one of the most beneficial compound lifts there is.

I recommend the hex bar deadlift, as opposed to the straight bar. (easier on the back, works quads more)

https://bluemountainfitness.org/2014/02/20/the-trap-bar-deadlift/

Edit: Hex bar deadlift seems like it might be a good squat alternative for guy's that are post LL, but just guessing.
5'7.5

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 04:31:14 PM »

It doesnt help a lot, just if someone has an awful posture.

aussieboy

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 05:57:07 PM »

does it help with minor scoliosis?

LLCaptain

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 06:01:43 PM »

Stop wasting your time. This topic has been discussed a million times on both forums. Get a 1/2 - 1 inch lift if you want a temporary solution to your height neurosis.

I don't understand how people can be so gullible, no pill or stretching is going to gain you permanent height.

Any amount of yoga or hanging is going to gain you minuscule amounts of height, and for that time wasted, you could be making money towards your LL goal.

aussieboy

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »

I actually grew half an inch. Didn't spend much time. And it really helps your flexibility and you feel good on your back.

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 08:02:49 PM »

That 1,75 cm that you gained, you will have to continue doing it forever because if not it will dissapear completely.If you have scoliosis it is not recommended.I suggest you not to use any kind of brace for scoliosis in your back ,because it wont allow growth in spine if you can growth yet.

LL unfortunately is the only thing that has permanent effects. However ,in a near future internal nails will improve even more.

hype88

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 12:57:06 PM »

Yeah I agree man... The amount of effort you go to is pointless if it's temporary. I think we're all here because we want to have decent
amount of permanent height gain. The trouble is it's expensive and the time associated with the procedure, and not to mention the risk!
I've been thinking about doing this procedure for a while. I stand at 172 and I'm wondering what height could your reach without jeopardizing yourself and enough so height doesn't effect you anymore! Any suggestions lads?

Auron

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 01:23:40 PM »

Yeah I agree man... The amount of effort you go to is pointless if it's temporary. I think we're all here because we want to have decent
amount of permanent height gain. The trouble is it's expensive and the time associated with the procedure, and not to mention the risk!
I've been thinking about doing this procedure for a while. I stand at 172 and I'm wondering what height could your reach without jeopardizing yourself and enough so height doesn't effect you anymore! Any suggestions lads?
We are about the same height. I'm considering 6~8cm in femurs, though my sitting height is only 91cm, so yeah. Also, I'm not sure about my tibia/femur ratio ><

onemorefoot

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 03:45:28 PM »

It depends on the nail, if is external you can do even 10 cm in femurs in internal too, but obviously if you do this with internal it will be comfortable,  I recommend that if you are 172 cm you increase 6.5-7 cm more in femurs( like a safe limit). If you want more better do it in the other 2 segments to have good proportions and because do 10 cm just one segment is crazy.

hype88

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 01:58:33 AM »

Yeah we're like boarder line short haha... What's your arm spand Noregrets? I was thinking on the same lines but with tibias!  Onemorefoot - I agree I'd love to do two segments but I'm worried about the cost and time in recovery!

What about life after LL- can you return to a normal active life? Because I like to keep fairly active!

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 04:39:56 AM »

If you do for example 3 inches, youw would star walking slow after 75 days or a little less.

Auron

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 08:26:46 AM »

Yeah we're like boarder line short haha... What's your arm spand Noregrets? I was thinking on the same lines but with tibias!  Onemorefoot - I agree I'd love to do two segments but I'm worried about the cost and time in recovery!

What about life after LL- can you return to a normal active life? Because I like to keep fairly active!
My wingspan is about the same as my height. What about yours? I'd love to do both segments as well but I can't afford it, specially if I want to go with Guichet. The reason I want to do femurs over tibias is because internal femurs are less risky.

hype88

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 12:52:36 PM »

Oh yeah what do you think about being over that if you go with the op? My wingspand is 175! I know the feeling it's so fking expensive but I could imagine how could it would feel being taller! Yeah I've heard that but if you go external tibais would be fine. Dream would be to get close to 5'11. I don't think a few centimeters over your wingspan would make a difference. What do you think?

Auron

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »

Oh yeah what do you think about being over that if you go with the op? My wingspand is 175! I know the feeling it's so fking expensive but I could imagine how could it would feel being taller! Yeah I've heard that but if you go external tibais would be fine. Dream would be to get close to 5'11. I don't think a few centimeters over your wingspan would make a difference. What do you think?
To be frank, I'm not too worried about my wingspan. There're people out there whos wingspan doesn't reach their height and they're naturals. I've always heard that your wingspan should be somewhere near your height so, as long as it is up to 10cm longer or shorter it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't like externals because they look scary, their scars are too noticeable and ugly, the risk of infection is high and I just can't see myself wearing those rings around my legs.

What method do you prefer and which Doc?

onemorefoot

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »

Wingspan  doesnt matter, arm length is the important and yes is better to do the procedure with internal nails.The best nails currently are Precise2 and Fitbone for me, if you look, both are similar.

LLCaptain

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »

Wingspan  doesnt matter, arm length is the important and yes is better to do the procedure with internal nails.The best nails currently are Precise2 and Fitbone for me, if you look, both are similar.

I also think they are the best nails. Forget the G-nail and the Betzbone, that stuff is outdated. The reason why Guichet has such good results is because 1) he only does femurs and 2) he hand selects the best candidates. If Guichet started doing tibias, he'd have the same complication rates as the other doctors. Betz has a bad rep, but that's because he's done sooo many cases. Either way, the technology they use and the clicking mechanism is as old as the doctor themselves.

Many Precise2/Fitbone patients actually walk earlier than recommended by their doctors, and turn out just fine. I know several people using both nails that walked unaided on their 4th or 5th months.

onemorefoot

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 06:43:46 PM »

Yes and fitbone will have another generation in 2017, maybe will be full weight bearing.

Auron

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 09:53:15 PM »

I also think they are the best nails. Forget the G-nail and the Betzbone, that stuff is outdated. The reason why Guichet has such good results is because 1) he only does femurs and 2) he hand selects the best candidates. If Guichet started doing tibias, he'd have the same complication rates as the other doctors. Betz has a bad rep, but that's because he's done sooo many cases. Either way, the technology they use and the clicking mechanism is as old as the doctor themselves.

Many Precise2/Fitbone patients actually walk earlier than recommended by their doctors, and turn out just fine. I know several people using both nails that walked unaided on their 4th or 5th months.
Which fitbone user would you recommend in Europe?

onemorefoot

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 10:37:14 PM »

Monegal, Baumgart are both good.

Auron

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 11:08:06 AM »

Monegal, Baumgart are both good.
If I could have a smooth LL like Yagen I would surely go with Monegal. He doesn't even seem to be expensive.

LLCaptain

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2016, 07:59:57 PM »

If I could have a smooth LL like Yagen I would surely go with Monegal. He doesn't even seem to be expensive.

You sound like you have 50,000 USD in your pockets

Auron

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2016, 08:33:24 PM »

You sound like you have 50,000 USD in your pockets
I do. All earned through studying.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up