Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nerve Injury Recovery  (Read 1123 times)

saltedchocolate

Nerve Injury Recovery
« on: April 03, 2023, 03:28:09 PM »

After waking up from the distal locking LON frame removal surgery, I had no sensation on the bottom of my feet so neurologist recommended me I get my tibial nerve decompressed which I did, Now. 6+ months later, the movement is almost completely back and the sensation is coming back, like 30%. It's altered sensation though like before if i would touch my foot's sole i wouldn't feel anything but now i feel altered sensation and something ticklish so thats a ++ .
Though, my left leg with the nerve injury wont gain muscle like the right leg which doesn't have a nerve injury, Hopefully that gets better too. Idk if it will.
 I have bone grafting scheduled for my right leg this month. Everything is getting better!
Hopefully the sensation returning is a good sign and will get better,
I take gabapentin 600 mg (300 mg 2x) for the nerve regeneration pain (pins and needles)
I hope the numbness and sensation continues to improve.

I'm open to any help and information anyone can provide.
Thanks
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

toyz

Re: Nerve Injury Recovery
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 04:08:12 PM »

sorry to hear this bro

no advice but good luck
with parihar by ur side u will getting a best advice anyway

shortisnotfun

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 04:11:30 PM »

After waking up from the distal locking LON frame removal surgery, I had no sensation on the bottom of my feet so neurologist recommended me I get my tibial nerve decompressed which I did, Now. 6+ months later, the movement is almost completely back and the sensation is coming back, like 30%. It's altered sensation though like before if i would touch my foot's sole i wouldn't feel anything but now i feel altered sensation and something ticklish so thats a ++ .
Though, my left leg with the nerve injury wont gain muscle like the right leg which doesn't have a nerve injury, Hopefully that gets better too. Idk if it will.
 I have bone grafting scheduled for my right leg this month. Everything is getting better!
Hopefully the sensation returning is a good sign and will get better,
I take gabapentin 600 mg (300 mg 2x) for the nerve regeneration pain (pins and needles)
I hope the numbness and sensation continues to improve.

I'm open to any help and information anyone can provide.
Thanks

I had a little bit of the same issue. I am numb near the bottom of my ankle. It doesn't affect anything, but over the time I've noticed it faded more and more. I think maybe it'll take a year for the numbness to fade.
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

saltedchocolate

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 04:14:29 PM »

yea bro parihar is legit fixing me up, wish i did the surgery w him in the first place. This wouldn't happen
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

we.live.once

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 04:53:19 PM »

I had a little bit of the same issue. I am numb near the bottom of my ankle. It doesn't affect anything, but over the time I've noticed it faded more and more. I think maybe it'll take a year for the numbness to fade.
If I am right, it is on your left side  ;D
from 185 to 190

shortisnotfun

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 05:11:44 PM »

If I am right, it is on your left side  ;D

Yes you're are correct, why is that.

we.live.once

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2023, 05:17:54 PM »

Yes you're are correct, why is that.
If you do a reseach and make a list, most of the tibia patients from your doctor have problems on the left side with the feet
from 185 to 190

shortisnotfun

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 05:19:27 PM »

If you do a reseach and make a list, most of the tibia patients from your doctor have problems on the left side with the feet, and on the right side with the knees.
The fixators from your doctor on the left side are mostly lower than  the right side ;D

Maybe just the guy from the Looksmaxxing channel. Or maybe it's a coincidence

we.live.once

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 05:25:22 PM »

Maybe just the guy from the Looksmaxxing channel. Or maybe it's a coincidence
you have survived with the tibia, for the femur it would be fine
from 185 to 190

Roman271

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2023, 01:57:02 AM »

Now since Dr.Parihar is being mentioned here,I want to ask you guys if it's safe to go with him for lon tibia or wait a few yrs for precise to be available again and till I save enough money for it(which is going to tough).

saltedchocolate

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2023, 08:26:52 AM »

Yes in my opinion he’s a safe option for LON

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2023, 10:57:59 AM »

LON is NEVER a safe method according to pretty much every western surgeon. But Parihar like I wrote to you in a different post is the only safe option in India, since he trained with paley. However you should absolutely do Precice, since it is like using a smartphone instead of a old cell phone.

Much less infections risk
More comfortable
Less scarring
Not destroying muscle tissue (femurs)

Etc...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26398436/

Also only doing tibia surgery, most likely puts you at a greater risk of problems with joints, early arthisis etc... (see link) So you should do Femurs. Heals quicker, gets you more lengthening, smaller complications rate. I posted the evidence in this post:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=82502.0

p00293

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2023, 12:42:31 PM »

LON is NEVER a safe method according to pretty much every western surgeon. But Parihar like I wrote to you in a different post is the only safe option in India, since he trained with paley. However you should absolutely do Precice, since it is like using a smartphone instead of a old cell phone.

More comfortable
Less scarring

Etc...

Also only doing tibia surgery, most likely puts you at a greater risk of problems with joints, early arthisis etc... (see link) So you should do Femurs. Heals quicker, gets you more lengthening, smaller complications rate. I posted the evidence in this post:

The elephant in the room you're not mentioning though: LON tibia is significantly cheaper than Precise so that might be this guys only option. Not everyone can afford internal femurs.

Roman271

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2023, 05:42:12 AM »

More comfortable
Less scarring

Etc...

About early arthritis and stuff, I think us Asians generally have shorter tibias so I don't think T/F will be as bad.So it might be a problem for non-asians.

But on LON vs Pricice,precice definitely is better in every aspect but it's much more costly too.I'll have to wait few more years to go for it.

ll.patient

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2023, 06:03:48 AM »

Hey, what have you done to recover?

I had also nerve injury after LON Femur, in both feet, 11 months ago, and soon after also did nerve discompression

My right foot recovered mostly, but left foot still not, I have most sensation, and recovered movement to side and to go foot down (plantarflexion), however I didnt recover move foot up (dorsiflexion), which is the most important.

I take pregabalin for pain, and a lot of supplements to help recover nerves, I also do physiotherapy and electrotherapy to recover

If you dont mind, please send me your contact, so we can change more our experience with that

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2023, 02:31:11 PM »

or wait a few yrs

You would wait and save for a weight bearing nail implanted by Rozbruch, Paley, Betz, Mehboubian, Kandemir, Lowenberg...

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up