Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How dangerous is CLL  (Read 489 times)

Jake24

How dangerous is CLL
« on: November 26, 2021, 07:26:17 AM »

So basically how dangerous exactly is this surgery, I’ve seen the risks and all but people say that if you get a good surgeon and you follow rehab well and there’s nothing wrong with your body then the risks are very low, so then why is it still so “dangerous” ? Well dangerous i mean like big risks , not those small risks which can be easily treated and recovered

Arcon

Re: How dangerous is CLL
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 06:30:35 PM »

The risks are low but they can still happen. It is the same with any surgery, you can reduce but cannot eliminate the possibilty of complications.

Masteryourlife

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 06:44:40 PM »

It's hard to tell because you have to have a full pic of the story to realize why there has been a good or bad outcome .
Used to read stories and get anxiety but then maybe started the thread from 1st page and realized the person did very fast lengthening/not proper PT/ Bad doctor/crazy amount of lengthening etc.

Pain wise it's the same .
Some say its unbearable but you go and see , and they did LON femur maybe .

Unfortunately we can't know ,we should have the feedback of all CLLs around the most important clinic in the world (Paley institute, Hss,Sinai,Dalri etc.) And make stats based on that regarding Pain,Results and so on ( based on Precice nails which don't allow crazy amount of lengthening and pain wise it's the same treatment).

Overall I think its safer then media want to make it look ,but it's harder then we think .

Jake24

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 04:17:09 PM »

is 8cm crazy for precice? also do you know anything about Dr Sarb and doing it in Singapore?

Masteryourlife

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 04:33:38 PM »

is 8cm crazy for precice? also do you know anything about Dr Sarb and doing it in Singapore?
I think 8 its too much !
You should keep in mind that those nails are for LLD not for CLL therefore the 8 cm lenght can benefit a discrepancy patient ,which no matter what loss in athletic ability he gets, he still will be better then with a leg 8cm shorter .
For a CLL 8 cm is way too much (according to me) .
I for myself want to do 5.5 cm and call it a day ,not even a full 6 cm (and possibly lengthen less then 1mm a day sometimes if my bone doesn't consolidate fast) .

This is my perspective tho , most of ppl here will not agree with me because they have a different starting height/brain therefore evaluate yourself your situation and see what works best for u

Sambollio

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 08:39:45 PM »

I think there is too much emphasis put on flat numbers, because the safety of a certain amount of lengthening is based what percentage of the original bone length you are increasing by. Generally 15% for femurs is the maximum “safe” amount. So for a 5’1” guy with shorter femurs that may be 5cm, whereas a 5’10 guy will have much longer femurs and might be close to the full 8cm being 15%. There are obviously other factors like the flexibility of the soft tissues but you can’t truly know how that will be until you start lengthening.

Unfortunately there’s no way to measure femurs without an X-ray.
Pages: [1]   Go Up