Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - External Tibias - Dr Parihar  (Read 420992 times)

crimsontide

Re: No More Mal-Kahn-Tent - External Tibias - Dr Parihar
« Reply #620 on: August 09, 2015, 01:57:51 PM »

your pinhole scars look just like mine, except i have fewer

whats with these scars??? the scar looks like dead skin to be honest... not flat, dark,etc

same thing with yours?

Penguinn

« Reply #621 on: August 09, 2015, 03:07:07 PM »

if you have the money go to guitchet for femurs. the pain for external femurs is unbelievable. i don't recommend femurs for weaklings, its on a completely different level than tibias.

This applies for EXTERNAL femurs only, right? Internals are fine.

MRbones

« Reply #622 on: August 09, 2015, 06:34:22 PM »

This applies for EXTERNAL femurs only, right? Internals are fine.

yes external femurs only. internals are much less painful.

maximize

« Reply #623 on: August 10, 2015, 03:23:44 AM »

Attempt at Revealing Proportions (8/7/2015)
I had the pictures taken at a few different angles and distances to try and give a good sense of what my proportions are currently. I suppose the most detailed would be a nked pic, but I won't go that far just yet. For your eye convenience I've also blurred out my penis bulge so you don't feel like you're looking at softcore erotica.  :D

The angle the pic is taken definitely matters with the perception of how long the tibs look in relation to femurs. I can't quite say if my proportions now are good or bad, but I think it's a given that I can't pull off a femur lengthening without an arm lengthening, and I don't know if I'd ever be willing to go that far. Right now my biggest peeve is that I look like the dude that skipped leg day at the gym throughout his entire life. Can't wait until I'm allowed to exercise them again in comparable intensity to when I was on the wrestling team in college.

I'm very jealous of your thick bone structure. You look like you're built like a truck. The tibs don't look bad because you have such beefy bones and thus muscle build. You could easy lengthen another 2 inches in your femurs. Nice alignment too.

Congrats. You are a good candidate for this because you have the bone thickness and total mass of a 6'2" guy. You're lucky that way.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #624 on: August 10, 2015, 10:55:03 PM »

This is a 6CM increase?

Your tibiae looks about equal to your femur length or perhaps slightly less. I would assume your surgeon measured them thouroughly so it suprises me a bit that you don't know for sure. Proportionally you look alright (I say this as a fanatical proportions nazi), your legs look long but not strangely so and your arms are on the stubby side. Perhaps show us a picture in shoes?

You get plus points thanks to your haircut, very cool.

Yep, exactly 6 cm. We were looking at my standing x-ray on Dr Parihar's computer but I had so much going through my mind that I forgot to ask him about my measurements. He should still have it though so I sent him an e-mail asking for the measurements and then I'll just add 6 cm on top of it to figure out the new ratio.

Agree about the arms. Helps with weight lifting and hooks during sparring but my arm length has been commented on once before when I was on the wrestling team. That could also have been because it was really hard for people to get me in an arm bar so they noticed it more.

For the picture, did you mean exactly like before (with legs exposed) but with shoes or wearing usual clothing to hide the legs?

Looks so so. Not bad as many guys who had surgery with Dr. Sarin but you have high amount of x legs. Maybe Paley can fix it for you before you get joint issue. This is why I wont do this in India.

You know what x-legs are, right? I understand that people have an aversion to India for a number of reasons, but I think Parihar did as good a job as a popular CLL doctor in the West would have done.

I think you could pull off femur lengthening.  Maybe you're used to seeing yourself as a person with a thick body and that's why it looks off to you, but it doesn't to me.

That could be it. Not used to my lower body being as thin as they are now. I think my shorter arms is the main hindrance in pursuing a second lengthening.

Thumbs up, KiloKAHN. Yeh, u just need some work out on those legs and they'll be perfect.

Thanks, Bluebarbie. How have you been? Legs feeling good?

Is that only 6 cm? Honestly I shoud say that I think that it is visible that you lengthened, but not too much... Maybe it's just because I know it :)

Hah, maybe. I don't think anyone is going to look at me on the street and go "That guy's legs are too long!" although I did go to a diner the other day wearing my walking braces and as soon as I stepped inside a waitress told me "Wow man, your legs look gnarly!"

I agree with MDOW that you could definitely pull off femoral lengthening if you decided later that you wanted it. Your torso would easily handle it. But you look badass as is. What's your weight post LL?

Right now I weigh 176 lbs/80 kg. I'm not concerned about the torso length or body width, it's the arms that discourage me.

have you got your full legs xrays before surgery or now? , measure your femur in the xray, then your tibia and do this:

tibia/femur= x to know your ratio

I have my standing x-ray from prior to surgery. If Parihar doesn't answer my e-mail then I'll see if my local doc can measure with my x-ray film.

if you were 166 before the operation do you think you would have stopped at 5cm, in other words you went that extra cm due to your start height more than anything.

how would you rate the difficulty of going from 5cm to 6cm, i noticed your lengthening rate wasn't lowered a whole lot so i assume it can't be that bad.

I might have stopped at 5 cm. I think getting to 170 cm was important for me mentally so if I got to that point with 5 cm I might have thought "what's a 1 cm difference, I'm still 5'7." It's hard to recall the difference in pain at this point, but I do remember the last stretch being more difficult.  The worst days were when I turned 1 mm a day. I only lasted alternating between .75 mm and 1 mm per day for a week though, because the 1 mm days were hell and I had to stop turning that fast.

Since you're too old to have grown naturally, do you foresee the change in height causing any issues when you renew your driver's license?

Before I left for India I had to renew my state license and when I went to the DMV I changed it from 5'5 to 5'7. They didn't say anything to me about it.

You look fine height wise, but you look high-kneed, just as I do in the thread with my pic in the proportions segment. I think 6-7cm can be accomplished on anyone, but it should be done 3cm tibia, 4cm femur, to prevent this high knee look. Just stands out so much, and there's not much you can do to hide it, since the joint is so exposed to the eye's view.

The knees do look a little high in the pictures. Although I think it isn't an issue in most circumstances because people look at you from the top down, which gives the perception that the tibiae are shorter than they really are.

your pinhole scars look just like mine, except i have fewer

whats with these scars??? the scar looks like dead skin to be honest... not flat, dark,etc

same thing with yours?

Some of them look purple and there's still some indentation. They should rise up with time. I probably won't get any scar reduction unless they end up healing really ugly or something.

I'm very jealous of your thick bone structure. You look like you're built like a truck. The tibs don't look bad because you have such beefy bones and thus muscle build. You could easy lengthen another 2 inches in your femurs. Nice alignment too.

Congrats. You are a good candidate for this because you have the bone thickness and total mass of a 6'2" guy. You're lucky that way.

Haha, at 164 cm I think my width made me look a bit ridiculous, tbh. The added height likely helped me look more normal. I want to get back to training my calves again and the added width should help them look shorter, but I need to be completely sure that I'm allowed to train them without worry of bone bending or re-fracture. My local ortho said I shouldn't attempt running for at least 8 months after my frames were removed. Going to ask him if he thanks I should wait that long to get back into doing lower body exercises as well.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Uppland

« Reply #625 on: August 10, 2015, 11:19:37 PM »

A picture in shoes (wearing pants at the hips) and perhaps even next to another person of similar height would be very helpful if you'd like our thoughts.

Penguinn

« Reply #626 on: August 10, 2015, 11:26:51 PM »

Frankly KiloKAHN, you look great. No non-LLer could even make out your arms are smaller or legs are lengthened. I wish I could be like that post-lengthening. My torso-legs ratio will be fine but my arms will definitely look smaller.

G-Man

« Reply #627 on: August 11, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »

Nice straight legs, he did a good job!  I don't focus on proportions so your arms look perfectly normal to me, you could do femurs no prob.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #628 on: August 11, 2015, 10:50:47 PM »

I haven't yet seen a tibial patient who looks as natural as you do. The longer tibias let you look taller than you are, wich is a great side effect of course.
If it isn't too much effort, you could perhaps post a picture of you standing next to someone your height, like Uppland already asked.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #629 on: August 12, 2015, 11:48:05 AM »

Mockups Tomfoolery
I decided to do mockups for a femur lengthening after mixed member comments and my own doubts about being able to get away with a second round, which would be far off in the future if it were to happen, as far as that's concerned. This is really just for fun and opinions all around as I'm not seriously considering more lengthenings at the moment. Still need to focus on recovering from the first one. Anyway, have at it with evaluations.

Oh, and I'll try and find someone around my height to take a pic next to me, for those who were interested.

1st pic: Current
2nd pic: 5 cm femurs
3rd pic: 6 cm femurs
4th pic: 7 cm femurs
5th pic: 7 cm femurs + 4 cm humerus extra tomfoolery

Penguinn

« Reply #630 on: August 12, 2015, 12:01:10 PM »

Mockups Tomfoolery
I decided to do mockups for a femur lengthening after mixed member comments and my own doubts about being able to get away with a second round, which would be far off in the future if it were to happen, as far as that's concerned. This is really just for fun and opinions all around as I'm not seriously considering more lengthenings at the moment. Still need to focus on recovering from the first one. Anyway, have at it with evaluations.

Oh, and I'll try and find someone around my height to take a pic next to me, for those who were interested.

1st pic: Current
2nd pic: 5 cm femurs
3rd pic: 6 cm femurs
4th pic: 7 cm femurs
5th pic: 7 cm femurs + 4 cm humerus extra tomfoolery

You look fine with 5cm in femurs. If you ever want to be 5'9, go for it. How does it sound, being 5'9? ;D

Anyway, if you're happy with your height don't do more LL and fk with your body. Just live life.

maximize

« Reply #631 on: August 12, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »

5 cm femurs makes your legs more proportional.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #632 on: August 12, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »

Pic 4 even looks fine to be honest.  I don't think anything looks off about it.

KrP1

« Reply #633 on: August 12, 2015, 01:15:52 PM »

7cm femurs and arm lengthening is the best for you. But. Do you really want to go throught that?

YellowSpike

« Reply #634 on: August 12, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »

You look great man. I think your proportions look totally fine. Proportions are important, but I don't think as important as total height (when you're below 5'9", that is).

I'll probably do 3cm-4cm on tibias in a few years. Doing such a low amount because 5'9"+ is fine with me, and tibias just terrify me (I'll be doing internal tibias to speed things up).

lumiere

« Reply #635 on: August 12, 2015, 01:28:57 PM »

I think you're now at a reasonable normal height, please don't go through that! Everything has been gone well, enjoy your life with your new height, this is my advice :)

Taller

« Reply #636 on: August 12, 2015, 02:37:56 PM »

If you ever opted to go for femurs without arm lengthening, I'd say you look best with 5-6CM added on to femurs (looks even better than with just 6CM on tibaie because legs look more balanced). Plus, if you add 5-6CM to your femurs, you'd be 5'9 which is where I feel height descrimination really ends in the United States.

But a ripped and built 5'7 guys probably wouldn't get much descrimination either.

Penguinn

« Reply #637 on: August 12, 2015, 02:54:17 PM »

Arm lengthening sounds way too brutal. How are you supposed to do anything with your arms not functional for a few months? They're also not as strong as legs generally.. the thought makes me cringe.

Plus he'd look fine with just 5cm in femurs.

Uppland

« Reply #638 on: August 12, 2015, 03:33:55 PM »

I'm in the minority here but I think Kilo has reached his limit proportions wise. Any further lengthening will make his body look very odd.

YellowSpike

« Reply #639 on: August 12, 2015, 05:26:23 PM »

Kilo, what is your wingspan. I know you were like 165 before the surgery. I was 166/166.5, and my wingspan is somewhere between 172 and 173 (so matches my current height 173 perfectly).

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #640 on: August 12, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »

Interesting to read the varied opinions. Proportions is a very divided topic.

Kilo, what is your wingspan. I know you were like 165 before the surgery. I was 166/166.5, and my wingspan is somewhere between 172 and 173 (so matches my current height 173 perfectly).

Wingspan is 170 but I think a lot of that is because of shoulder width. Not sure of actual arm length but it might be shorter than the typical person my height.

YellowSpike

« Reply #641 on: August 12, 2015, 07:24:30 PM »

I think you could do another 3-4cm and still look entirely ok. Then you'd be like 5'8/5'8.5"

My torso/leg and wingspan proportions are all fine right now, and I think I could pull off another 2 inches (perhaps even a bit more) and not have it be a problem at all. But if I do tibias, I'm just doing 3.5/4cm to keep the risks/astronomical recovery time in check.

Uppland

« Reply #642 on: August 12, 2015, 07:25:36 PM »

Interesting to read the varied opinions. Proportions is a very divided topic.

I think expectations vary, myself I am not sufficient with looking "passble" or "normal", I want my body to look good. Would rather be average and proportionate than tall and lanky or otherwise weird.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #643 on: August 12, 2015, 07:39:44 PM »

My torso/leg and wingspan proportions are all fine right now, and I think I could pull off another 2 inches (perhaps even a bit more) and not have it be a problem at all. But if I do tibias, I'm just doing 3.5/4cm to keep the risks/astronomical recovery time in check.

Have you done any mockups yet to aid your decision on whether to do another round on femurs or go for tibs?

I think expectations vary, myself I am not sufficient with looking "passble" or "normal", I want my body to look good. Would rather be average and proportionate than tall and lanky or otherwise weird.

That's something to consider. Posting the mockups on a forum that's primarily populated by women and leaving the height increase info out of it, it would be interesting to see what body type they vote as most aesthetically pleasing. I wonder if anyone has done that before.

YellowSpike

« Reply #644 on: August 12, 2015, 07:44:20 PM »

Have you done any mockups yet to aid your decision on whether to do another round on femurs or go for tibs?

That's something to consider. Posting the mockups on a forum that's primarily populated by women and leaving the height increase info out of it, it would be interesting to see what body type they vote as most aesthetically pleasing. I wonder if anyone has done that before.

No but I'm going to. Can you maybe send me a link to do the mockups? Thanks!

Alu

« Reply #645 on: August 12, 2015, 07:54:59 PM »

If you're serious about it Yellow then I'd advice you to wear different clothes or make the mockups bodies look different from one another; wouldn't want to make seem like you're gonna alter your body. Or not, mainly up to you.

But I do think people who do mockups or have already gone through LL should do this; getting outside perspective from people that might not necessarily know about this operation would be an interesting case study in terms of aesthetics of the human body.

G-Man

« Reply #646 on: August 12, 2015, 08:27:59 PM »

I'm the optimist one so if you show pic #4, 99.99% of the population won't see anything wrong with those proportions but chicks will dig the height.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #647 on: August 20, 2015, 08:19:59 PM »

Update: 8/20/2015
Went to the ortho and got updated x-rays. Will post them after I pick them up. Anyway, the tibiae are solid enough to walk without the braces, so as of now I'm walking without any support. Pin sites have healed fine and there's no more drainage. Ortho said that my legs are still tight so he wrote a referral to continue physical therapy at a nearby clinic. He wants me to continue stretching vigorously because the problem with tight ankles is that when your feet bend upward when walking on an incline it puts a lot of pressure on the area at the top of your feet where the leg starts,  and you can develop arthritis there if it goes on for long enough. He wants to give me six months to try and loosen it up sufficiently,  otherwise he said he'd recommend a tendon release. I really don't want to do that so my stretching is going to be hardcore.

Walking feels okay. I have a little bit of pressure in the middle of my right leg, and when I wake up in the morning my calves are tighter than usual but it goes away after walking around briefly. I imagine I look normal enough walking but I probably won't be able to run for months. I was told to start using an exercise bike though so now I have a reason to unfreeze my 24 Hour Fitness membership.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #648 on: August 30, 2015, 12:56:18 AM »

Update: 8/29/2015
So this last week was really interesting. I was doing a whole lot better walking, but I think I overdid it at a concert and county fair and ended up with a right ankle sprain that makes it impossible to put weight on it without a great amount of pain at the moment. I went back to using a crutch to get around so I can let it heal. This isn't the first time that walking a lot has caused this problem, but after I heal from it I find that I have more flexibility than before, so this is probably just the way the body gets over muscle tightness.

I also had a ton of sex these last few days and it got rid of a bunch of frustration that was building up over a year of lengthening and recovering. Not only was the woman really fine, but her bf is 6'3 and she was attracted to me to the point where she wanted me to do her despite being 8 inches shorter than him. She even wants this to be a regular thing. Maybe it had to do with people asking me on the street while we were hanging out if I was a military man or a professional wrestler. Was probably a turn on or something. Lol.

Alu

« Reply #649 on: August 30, 2015, 01:22:09 AM »

I also had a ton of sex these last few days and it got rid of a bunch of frustration that was building up over a year of lengthening and recovering. Not only was the woman really fine, but her bf is 6'3 and she was attracted to me to the point where she wanted me to do her despite being 8 inches shorter than him. She even wants this to be a regular thing. Maybe it had to do with people asking me on the street while we were hanging out if I was a military man or a professional wrestler. Was probably a turn on or something. Lol.

My boy...despite this being somewhat horrible I couldn't be any prouder  :'(. How did you even manage to meet her anyways? hahaha

Those things aside I hope your recovery is going well and that it gets better.  :)

Penguinn

« Reply #650 on: August 30, 2015, 02:47:31 AM »

So this last week was really interesting. I was doing a whole lot better walking, but I think I overdid it at a concert and county fair and ended up with a right ankle sprain that makes it impossible to put weight on it without a great amount of pain at the moment. I went back to using a crutch to get around so I can let it heal. This isn't the first time that walking a lot has caused this problem, but after I heal from it I find that I have more flexibility than before, so this is probably just the way the body gets over muscle tightness.

What a savage. 8)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33   Go Up