Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been preparing for this for a very long time! Just need some answers, please. :)  (Read 6049 times)

jaymorgan712

I am from Sydney, Australia, and apparently under Australian government Law it is illegal to give Australians "cosmetic" Limb Lengthening surgery, just for the sake of getting taller. They also said and i quote "For someone who is 171 centimetres tall, it is very dangerous and could result in death." However, surgeons I have spoken to overseas are saying that even a 7 foot tall man can grow 5 centimetres in the knees and thighs. So, very confusing! Maybe someone can help clear that up?

Also, I am thinking of going to see Dr Sarin, who is located in India. I met and got in contact with an Australian who got it done and he said it has been 2 years since the operation of growing 6 centimetres and he walks just fine and has no problems! I cannot afford to see Dr. Paley or Dr. Guichet. The banks of Australia will only give me a 40,000 loan and I will have to spend 7 years paying that back. Dr Sarin is asking for 12,000! So cheap, but is he cheap because he does a bad job?

Can anyone recommend any other surgeons in the world that do it for 40,000 and under?

Thanks and looking forward to getting this done. I hope it will change my life and not end it!

Thanks

Jay
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

paco1

Sarin is bad idea. the best option is doctor dohoon lee in korea and doctor salameh in germany.
cheers paco.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

If India is your destination, see these three doctors and consider them before anyone else. Two have trained with Dror Paley and two offer hexapod fixators after distraction to correct your alignment if you choose external. They all also offer LON.

Dr Suhas Shah
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=767.0

Dr Manish Dhawan
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=765.0

Dr Mangal Parihar
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=87.0
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

TomD

• Private

Hi Jay.

Welcome to LL forums.  :)

Most of us spend at least a year researching Leg Lengthening surgery and I suggest you do the same. There is no right or wrong answers when it comes to this surgery. Only you and your doctor can decide what method is best for your body and your goals.

I cant speak for much because I am not a medical professional nor have i even done LL surgery yet. I am still 'lurking' after a year and a half of research. I can only tell you what I have gone through personally.

The moment I found out you could become permanently taller I was so overjoyed I was prepared to have the surgery immediately. Like an impulse purchase of a new Laptop or flat screen TV.

However, once I read some stories on anold forum , I became alarmed at how barbaric , time consuming, expensive  it really is. These guys BREAK your legs and leave you a cripple for months as your legs grow. Then after that your leg bones have to 'harden' so that they are as good as new. Wheelchair and crutches and a ton of painful physio therapy are involved.

You need to get a visa to get into a country, shots if applicable, and a substantial amount of time off in the foreign country . You will need to find accommodation there and hire a physio therapist .  Then you will need to return there after a year or so to have the internal nails or rods out unless you do a specific kind of external device which comes with its own physical challenges.

Some like myself plan to do internals and come right home to do the distraction. You will need a sympathetic doctor at home who is proficient in orthopedics.

Then after it is done, you will have to endure your family and friends asking why you are taller and to admit you didnt want to be short anymore might cause them to think you were too insecure. However, some of us are so young we can claim we had a late growth spurt.

You and I are the same size. 171cm. You may even be 1cm taller. For me, being 5ft 7 is a joke . It requires me to 'know my place' as a little guy . I am not taken seriously in social situations that I prefer. I cannot date the women I want either. I spent my whole life being second rate because society continually shoved me in that corner regardless of my attempts to use other skills to get around it. Our society is very cut and dried when it comes to prejudice.

So for me, this surgery is a necessity. Not because I am going to cry a river if I stay 5ft7. I came to terms with it years ago in my 20s. Its important to me because I feel that my life will drastically improve . Not only will my self confidence rise, the way others percieve me will be noticeably different.

This is the key. If you feel I am being to melodramatic about it all, and its not that drastic, then you seem to be ok with your height. If I was ok with my height, there is no way I would get by legs broken (twice) in two surgeries and spend the better part of 2 years going through physical and emotional duress.

Give it some thought. Check out all the doctors. Read the patient diaries. Do not make a decision for at least a year.

Cheers  :)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

No, LL won't kill you just because you're 171cm.  Taller people have gotten LL and done just fine.  One of my roommates went from 175 to 183.

Yes, Dr. Sarin is cheap because he does a bad job.  Don't go to him.  For a budget of 40,000 AUD you can afford to get it done by Dr. Peng in Beijing or Dr. Birkholtz in South Africa.  They're both mid-level, mid-priced LL options suitable for a guy with your budget.

Uppland

You and I are the same size. 171cm. You may even be 1cm taller. For me, being 5ft 7 is a joke . It requires me to 'know my place' as a little guy . I am not taken seriously in social situations that I prefer. I cannot date the women I want either. I spent my whole life being second rate because society continually shoved me in that corner regardless of my attempts to use other skills to get around it. Our society is very cut and dried when it comes to prejudice.

So for me, this surgery is a necessity. Not because I am going to cry a river if I stay 5ft7. I came to terms with it years ago in my 20s. Its important to me because I feel that my life will drastically improve . Not only will my self confidence rise, the way others percieve me will be noticeably different.

This is the key. If you feel I am being to melodramatic about it all, and its not that drastic, then you seem to be ok with your height. If I was ok with my height, there is no way I would get by legs broken (twice) in two surgeries and spend the better part of 2 years going through physical and emotional duress.

Give it some thought. Check out all the doctors. Read the patient diaries. Do not make a decision for at least a year.

Cheers  :)

Exellent advice all of it, this is indeed a potentially dangerous surgery but if done under controlled circumstances and by a skilled staff it should be safe but very very rough. It is after all practised in france, the US and germany and I've never heard of anyone losing a limb or something like that.

goodlucktomylegs

I am from Sydney, Australia, and apparently under Australian government Law it is illegal to give Australians "cosmetic" Limb Lengthening surgery, just for the sake of getting taller. They also said and i quote "For someone who is 171 centimetres tall, it is very dangerous and could result in death." However, surgeons I have spoken to overseas are saying that even a 7 foot tall man can grow 5 centimetres in the knees and thighs. So, very confusing! Maybe someone can help clear that up?

Also, I am thinking of going to see Dr Sarin, who is located in India. I met and got in contact with an Australian who got it done and he said it has been 2 years since the operation of growing 6 centimetres and he walks just fine and has no problems! I cannot afford to see Dr. Paley or Dr. Guichet. The banks of Australia will only give me a 40,000 loan and I will have to spend 7 years paying that back. Dr Sarin is asking for 12,000! So cheap, but is he cheap because he does a bad job?

Can anyone recommend any other surgeons in the world that do it for 40,000 and under?

Thanks and looking forward to getting this done. I hope it will change my life and not end it!

Thanks

Jay

It is not a good idea if you went over this operation from your debt.
In worst case,You got complications and can not work for years,and now what?

theuprising

Hello Jay, who told you that "For someone 171cm tall it is very dangerous and could result in death."?

jaymorgan712

Thank you all for the advice and for the wonderful welcome! been a long time since I've been welcomed this nicely!

I will definitely consider those Doctors before going to Dr. Sarin (who apparently does bad jobs).

As for those wandering about who told me it is dangerous and could result in death. These the Australian people that told me it will cause me to die. http://www.limblengthening.com.au/

I have seen people who are even 5'10 and grow 2 inches. So i don't think me being 171 centimetres is going to do anything life threatening. These people say it is banned in many countries for a reason.

Thanks again and glad to be part of this forum! I really do hope to get this done really soon and walk out with no problems or complications.
Currently Banned for fake diary until proper explanation is accounted for.

Uppland

Thank you all for the advice and for the wonderful welcome! been a long time since I've been welcomed this nicely!

I will definitely consider those Doctors before going to Dr. Sarin (who apparently does bad jobs).

As for those wandering about who told me it is dangerous and could result in death. These the Australian people that told me it will cause me to die. http://www.limblengthening.com.au/

I have seen people who are even 5'10 and grow 2 inches. So i don't think me being 171 centimetres is going to do anything life threatening. These people say it is banned in many countries for a reason.

Thanks again and glad to be part of this forum! I really do hope to get this done really soon and walk out with no problems or complications.

It will hardly threaten your life but it will change the anatomy of your body forever -probably for the worse. Not only that but is apparently unbearably painful at times, very time consuming, expensive as you wouldn't believe and requires months of physical therapy. So it's probably the worst cosmetic procedure you can do but it does give you that one perk you can't get anywhere else: it'll make you taller garantueed.

Also it's not really socially acceptable as you would have imagined so there is that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up