Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 186892 times)

Penguinn

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2016, 06:38:32 AM »

Quick update, I'm back to sleeping 8 hours a night and the pain is still minimal.

midnightninja

« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2016, 12:44:55 PM »

Glad you're doing well brother, I hope you drop in now and then after your time at the hospital or consolidation with some videos and photos. You still going for the big 7.5cm? I know a lot of us are planning to hit the lower end of the cm range now, best of luck Penguin. I'm rooting for you!

Penguinn

« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »

I'll consider uploading media way into my recovery. I'm definitely going for 7.5cms.

Not sure what you mean by "lower end of the cm range", I think 3" with internals in femurs is very rational.

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #282 on: October 29, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »

I'll consider uploading media way into my recovery. I'm definitely going for 7.5cms.

Not sure what you mean by "lower end of the cm range", I think 3" with internals in femurs is very rational.

I'm curious why you constantly say you are going to lengthen 7.5cm instead of just doing the full 8cm? The PRECICE can extend to 8cm because that's the maximum safe limit for someone whose body can safely handle that much lengthening, not 7.5cm.

If you are going by inches then 7.62cm is 3 inches, but why cheat yourself out of the extra millimeters...

Penguinn

« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2016, 06:28:10 PM »

I'm curious why you constantly say you are going to lengthen 7.5cm instead of just doing the full 8cm? The PRECICE can extend to 8cm because that's the maximum safe limit for someone whose body can safely handle that much lengthening, not 7.5cm.

If you are going by inches then 7.62cm is 3 inches, but why cheat yourself out of the extra millimeters...
It's just a goal I have in mind. I wouldn't mind 7.4 or 7.6, it's close enough to 3" that no one including me will ever know the difference. If I can save trouble by doing 7.5 instead of 8, I will. What I "need" is 5'5, anything after that I can live without if it's not coming free.

Zaney

« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »

It's just a goal I have in mind. I wouldn't mind 7.4 or 7.6, it's close enough to 3" that no one including me will ever know the difference. If I can save trouble by doing 7.5 instead of 8, I will. What I "need" is 5'5, anything after that I can live without if it's not coming free.

Ok. Your choice, but I think it's a waste to not go the full 8cm, if Dr. Parihar says it's safe...

As you know Dr. Parihar is one of my top choices, it would be great if you would post some physical therapy videos. It's easy to not include your face, and would provide so much valuable information. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Penguinn

« Reply #285 on: October 29, 2016, 06:52:45 PM »

Ok. Your choice, but I think it's a waste to not go the full 8cm, if Dr. Parihar says it's safe...

As you know Dr. Parihar is one of my top choices, it would be great if you would post some physical therapy videos. It's easy to not include your face, and would provide so much valuable information. Thanks and keep up the good work!

I don't think he'll suggest a higher goal than a patient is ok with. I don't really care after I get my 5'5.

Right now I can't be bothered, but I'll seriously consider videos after consolidation since a lot of people want them.

Zaney

« Reply #286 on: October 29, 2016, 06:59:56 PM »

but I'll seriously consider videos after consolidation since a lot of people want them.

Please consider videos of physical therapy during your lengthening, it would help me, and i'm sure a lot of other people, understand what really goes on during this time. Along with seeing the progress or regression and rehabilition exercises.

insearchofanswers

« Reply #287 on: October 29, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »

Hi Penguinn are you really that young? You sound mature! You are a good example for many of us guys. Parihar seems a good doc

onemorefoot

« Reply #288 on: October 29, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »

Here there is a proof that intelligence is not related with age.
Budget will determine my future.

PM_ME_YOUR_REFUGEES

• Visitor
« Reply #289 on: October 31, 2016, 07:08:18 AM »

Hey Penguinn, I've been lurking on this forum for several years and have been anonymously following your updates. Thank you so much for keeping your diary updated. I had Dr. Parihar in the back of my mind for a LONG time but I really wanted Internal Fixators (Precice 2). To my pleasant surprise, you are the first patient. I want to get the same surgery done. I've been trying to contact Dr. Parihar's office but was having trouble (I'm living in the US currently, and the receptionists were not understanding my accent). Can you privately message me with Dr. Parihar's email address? I found some links online but I think its outdated. I want to figure out how I can coordinate this from the United States.

Penguinn

« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2016, 07:18:12 AM »

Hey Penguinn, I've been lurking on this forum for several years and have been anonymously following your updates. Thank you so much for keeping your diary updated. I had Dr. Parihar in the back of my mind for a LONG time but I really wanted Internal Fixators (Precice 2). To my pleasant surprise, you are the first patient. I want to get the same surgery done. I've been trying to contact Dr. Parihar's office but was having trouble (I'm living in the US currently, and the receptionists were not understanding my accent). Can you privately message me with Dr. Parihar's email address? I found some links online but I think its outdated. I want to figure out how I can coordinate this from the United States.

PM'd.

axelf

« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2016, 06:47:20 AM »

Hi,,
I hope you are doing fine!
 Can you upload photos of the locations, like where you live, the hospital, physiotherapy facilities etc.?

Penguinn

« Reply #292 on: November 02, 2016, 07:27:44 AM »

Can you upload photos of the locations, like where you live
Lol what? I'm home so no.

the hospital, physiotherapy facilities etc.?
This was the room I stayed in:
http://imgur.com/a/unTpg
http://imgur.com/a/nQuXJ
Room 23.

There is apparently a room for physio that I have seen pictures of but never been there. I don't think they'd ever take a cosmetic LL patient there because it's too much trouble. Easier to send the physio over. The physiotherapist would come to my room and after that to my home. Again, I'm living at home, half an hour from Mangal Anand because I'm a Mumbai resident.

axelf

« Reply #293 on: November 02, 2016, 07:34:19 AM »

haha, thanks

sorry I haven't read that you live at home.

Mtall

« Reply #294 on: November 02, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »

The rooms looks okay, nothing wrong with it.

I guess the people who rant about the hospital are just used to excessive opulence seen in the western hospitals. And, nowadays, in the new Indian hospitals also.

But then again, you would want those 7-10 days in the hospitals to be as comfortable as possible, so I guess there are merits to their concerns.

Penguinn, the 9 lakhs from the doctor's end comes with a private room, right?

Penguinn

« Reply #295 on: November 02, 2016, 09:27:45 AM »

The rooms looks okay, nothing wrong with it.

I guess the people who rant about the hospital are just used to excessive opulence seen in the western hospitals. And, nowadays, in the new Indian hospitals also.

But then again, you would want those 7-10 days in the hospitals to be as comfortable as possible, so I guess there are merits to their concerns.

Penguinn, the 9 lakhs from the doctor's end comes with a private room, right?

In the defense of that one person who wrote he saw Mangal Anand from the outside and turned tail, it does look like a horror movie prop from the outside. It's decent from the inside and the bed is practical and good for an LL patient. The fact that the surgeon was outstanding far overruled everything for me.

Yes, the room is definitely private.

Mtall

« Reply #296 on: November 02, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »

In the defense of that one person who wrote he saw Mangal Anand from the outside and turned tail, it does look like a horror movie prop from the outside.

Lol, you are really good with your expressions

Penguinn

« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2016, 05:46:26 AM »

Update: 3rd November 2016 - Half way done lengthening

I'm at 3.733cms lengthened which is about the mid point.

>Pain is still minimal. Surprisingly the pains I do have are not in my femurs, quads or hamstrings. My left part-right-above-the-heel(don't know what to call it) feels a bit tender for a few seconds while bending my leg but it's no big deal. I think it's from keeping my legs in a sleeping position too long. On my right, one tiny area between the abductor and glutes gets a muscle pull sort of feeling while doing side leg raises during physio. My calves have their dull ache sometimes from sitting on the bed too long but it's lesser than they used to. I would still rate it 1/10.

>Pills.. I've only been taking my calcium and vitamins. No painkillers have been taken in weeks. The fresh packet of pain killers I got on 13th October is still almost fully intact. I  haven't needed a single sleeping pill in my entire LL thus far.

>Proportions are good as of 1.5 inches in mine and everyone else's opinion but with 1.5 more my femurs will definitely look long, but acceptable and very much coverable in pants.

>Sleep is great so far. I just woke up from 9 hours of sleep(without any medication) and had to lengthen late as a result.

caioOo8900

• Visitor
  • Height: 166cm Wingspan: 168cm
« Reply #298 on: November 03, 2016, 07:43:56 AM »

Penguinn hi ,You will remove the rod after treatment or the doctor said you would stay with her forever? The doctor said something about not having trouble keeping the rod in the femur forever? thank you and good luck

Penguinn

« Reply #299 on: November 03, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »

Penguinn hi ,You will remove the rod after treatment or the doctor said you would stay with her forever? The doctor said something about not having trouble keeping the rod in the femur forever? thank you and good luck

It'll be removed around 2 years after the initial surgery. Late 2018.

The Kaiser

« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2016, 08:59:57 AM »

There is no doctor recommend to keep it forever. mostly 1-3 years after the surgery it should be removed

Bander72

« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »

So your lengthening 1mm a day.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

midnightninja

« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2016, 01:57:11 PM »

Have you heard about stem cells? I have been reading a lot about them and they're proving to be a very good accelerant for the healing process.

Penguinn

« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »

So your lengthening 1mm a day.
Yup.

Have you heard about stem cells? I have been reading a lot about them and they're proving to be a very good accelerant for the healing process.
I have but it's not reason enough for me to do additional surgery. Waiting it out is a much simpler option. Unless for some reason my consolidation is awfully slow and has problems, I won't even consider it.
At my next meeting I'll ask Dr. Parihar his thoughts on it though, just cause I'm curious.

Mtall

« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »

Penguinn, have you been lengthening everyday since the start of your lengthening or have you had any holidays till now?
If you have had holidays, how many of them and why did you have them?

Penguinn

« Reply #305 on: November 03, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »

Penguinn, have you been lengthening everyday since the start of your lengthening or have you had any holidays till now?
If you have had holidays, how many of them and why did you have them?

Haven't needed any holidays yet.

caioOo8900

• Visitor
« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2016, 06:33:49 PM »

Hello Penguinn , I'm from Brazil, and here the precice II method has not yet arrived, so what we have is LON or ISKD (rod manufactured by Orthofix company). I chose to do ISKD femur (internal), which would be the closest to precice II, my doubt is, you know something about about ISKD (Orthofix), you recommend the method ,or know a problem about ISKD(Orthofix)?

what is the best method, LON or ISKD in your opinion ?thank you

BiggestProblem

« Reply #307 on: November 03, 2016, 07:05:48 PM »

Don't you have to decide beforehand how much to lengthen with ISKD?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

onemorefoot

« Reply #308 on: November 03, 2016, 07:37:02 PM »

Is very probable that you have problems with ISKD ,is inaccurate, after 5 cm mainly.
Budget will determine my future.

caioOo8900

• Visitor
« Reply #309 on: November 03, 2016, 07:53:14 PM »

Don't you have to decide beforehand how much to lengthen with ISKD?

It would be 8 cm(3 inches) in clinical Affonso Ferreira Institute ( city of Campinas/sp, Brazil)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Up