Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Info on the LL "industry" and why you should reconsider some of the surgeons  (Read 28900 times)

Penguinn

You made the right decision not to have done the operation.... my life has been destroyed !!!  You need to go on with your life and enjoy... a few more centim. will not resolve your issues!!  The operation can only make your life worse!!!  Start loving yourself and you will be happy!!!  If you can not resolve the issue on your own get help!! By help I mean someone to help you with your thoughts not a surgeon to break your bones and make you cripple for ever!!!  Its good that you are sharing this information with the forum, more people need to know this, before they suffer for the rest of their lives... I ended up in a wheelchair...You say all the time that the social, girls, academics is good... so what is wrong with you?? Stop thinking about the height and start living!! You know how many people want to be in your place?? Stop the madness before it eats you up!!

You got crippled just by doing CLL? That's a first. What doctor did you go to? Were you a 100% healthy before the surgery?

Alu

You got crippled just by doing CLL? That's a first. What doctor did you go to? Were you a 100% healthy before the surgery?

This account is fake and should be deleted.

TIBIKE200

This account is fake and should be deleted.

I asked kilokhan to do that
I learned some stuff during this time

LLuser1

• Banned

Why do you say he's false? Some of you said I was false and I wasn't. This guy should give more evidence but not be banned without reason.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

LLuser1

• Banned

I have read the other thread. Was this account false then? If you are sure, then I would tell moderators to ban him too.
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.

pricess

• Visitor

I have read the other thread. Was this account false then? If you are sure, then I would tell moderators to ban him too.

Yes it is a false account. It's me Tibike200. I asked for the password of this account to be sure that it's indeed false.
  Moderators, Ban and delete this account
Mod Note: This is a Fake account from Tbike's relative. Was informed by Tbike

hyong

so.....
is the information about Dr guichet still accurate?? just asking

LLCaptain

Can someone explain why this thread is pinned to the top? There is a great amount of slander and just general silliness.

Anyone who bothered reading the entire thread must be spinning in confusion. Because what I read was this guy "pricess" is also "TIBIKE200", who spun this crazy story to convince himself not to do LL. But TIBIKE200 is back on the forum and he wants to do LL.

What?? Why??

Alu

Can someone explain why this thread is pinned to the top? There is a great amount of slander and just general silliness.

Anyone who bothered reading the entire thread must be spinning in confusion. Because what I read was this guy "pricess" is also "TIBIKE200", who spun this crazy story to convince himself not to do LL. But TIBIKE200 is back on the forum and he wants to do LL.

What?? Why??

Someone has underdeveloped reading comprehension...

theuprising

Hi TBIKE you said you would only have LL with Catagni for the 6cm amount you always talked about yet Catagni stated that he wouldn't have performed it on you anyway and that he was glad you came to that decision when he when he called your mother to discuss your case, how are you still planning on having LL?

TIBIKE200

Hi TBIKE you said you would only have LL with Catagni for the 6cm amount you always talked about yet Catagni stated that he wouldn't have performed it on you anyway and that he was glad you came to that decision when he when he called your mother to discuss your case, how are you still planning on having LL?

There are other docs out there

paddy10tellys

What are your thoughts about Dr Salameh/Schmidt (Frankfurt), TIBIKE?
Ht 169.5 cms. Wingspan 165cms. Arms 72cms. Femur-tibia length ratio = 56/44. Wants 175cms. Tibias only

theuprising

There are other docs out there

You were very adamant on Catagni or nothing, what led to the change?

TIBIKE200

You were very adamant on Catagni or nothing, what led to the change?

As my signature implies, I have learned some stuff during this time.

1) My proportions are not pro tibia at all (based on X-ray)

2) There are other capable docs (I won't post anything about which ones because I decided that recommending a doc is too serious of a thing without doing it myself with the doc)

3) I still believe that Catagni is more than capable.

Main thing is that my proportions can't allow me to lengthen tibias almost at all so I might go for femurs.

TIBIKE200

What are your thoughts about Dr Salameh/Schmidt (Frankfurt), TIBIKE?

My gut feeling is positive about him.

But, as an Israeli I dont want to risk my legs with an arab doc (not racism, but hostility between arabs and Israelis is not only on the country level but it goes down to profound hatred all the way to the single person... So I dont want to risk my legs)

CCMidwest

1) My proportions are not pro tibia at all (based on X-ray)

Main thing is that my proportions can't allow me to lengthen tibias almost at all so I might go for femurs.

I've seen Tibike in his underwear (in pics. No homo), and femur, definitely do femur. I've been saying that for months tibike, glad you now agree.  ;D

Edit: tibia mockups looked fine until you put shoes on...
5'7.5

asfastaslight

you guys want to do the most painful surgery of all time that I have possibly heard of which takes the dedication of running a marathon and your only supposed to do 5cm max either length or even less.  Some people are dumb if you beyond that maybe your body can't fking do it.  An inch is an inch don't be so greedy about it either this takes a long time so of the people here want to go up so high in height it's just not going to happen.  A lot of people want to weight lifting WTF you can't weight lift after you broke a bone made it 2 inches longer and then the joints and tendons.  You guys realize you can lift WAY less and work out WAY less to get the same muscle working in your legs right?  Don't try to compensate and all of this   take a long time and take it in strides.  Anything above 2 inches is a HUGE deal.  I might do it in the future but these a great doctors every doctor has fked up this surgery.  This is sort of like the most fringe taboo thing your asking a doctor to do for you.  Remember you may not walk ever again?  People keep saying let's get our money's worth this is not an all you can buffet you will be crippled for life.  Try having a girl once your taller go on top of you she might break your legs you can literally break your legs walking on most streets as you get older you might trip or fall.  Some people here forget that hurts way more everything changes man.  Your doing all kinds of   this is a journey put the effort and money in it.  Stop saying the best doctor's are terrible they really are not every doctor is go to can fk you up.  Go when there is the least amount of patients pay the most amount of money and maybe going to a cheap country but spending nearly $100k will be much better than you realize in the long term.

crimsontide

So we are supposed to believe that pricess is not Tbike, but a  relative that decided to create a fictional account?

Guys,  this form  has jumped the shark.   I laugh when I read it, but I hope no one takes  it seriously. 

TIBIKE200

So we are supposed to believe that pricess is not Tbike, but a  relative that decided to create a fictional account?

Guys,  this form  has jumped the shark.   I laugh when I read it, but I hope no one takes  it seriously.

Dont throw the frustration of your fked up situation on others please. Thank you

Penguinn

That's why he said it was fake and logged in to prove it, and got it deleted?

CCMidwest

From the details Tibike has shared with me outside of this forum about the whole "pricess" account fiasco, I have no reason to doubt him or his intentions.

He was very transparent with the whole situation, and reported it to the moderators just as soon as he could. He also did the forum the courtesy of announcing it publicly so that people could disregard the misinformation that "pricess" spread. Thus saving the future patients here undo worry or concern, and protecting the reputation of Dr. Catagni from unwarranted harm.

Tibike did right by this forum, calm down.
5'7.5

crimsontide

excuse you.

I've spoken to Tbike off the forum as well, and tbike did nothing for the forum

He  sent me messages asking for  any negative information I had regarding Drs. 

I was the one that kept telling him not to do it, while he said I did not know what  I was talking about

Tbike created the fake account when he had changed his mind from positive to negative.

Now that he's changed it again, no need for that account

It makes zero sense why a relative  would create a fictional account, then  admit to it(thereby blowing  their cover) and then handing over the password

If you believe this story, that is your choice. I won't mock your intelligence, but the story is quite unbelievable.

Luckily, this board has very very active members now, so it does not really matter.  I don't think this board gets Dr's even 1   additional patient, so I'm not going to complain too much about it.

We have stories like this, fake diaries and threads, etc. Maybe 1% of  the members that had this surgery are still active.  It's bizarre threads such as this that are the reason.

Is Sweden around?  Musicmaker?  Kirk?  All these members had the surgery, but rarely if ever post.

Which thread should I read now?  Stripes? 

Tbike, I'd love to respond to you, but can't be sure if that's really you, or  some relative.  Surely, you understand

Have a good day, gentlemen.

CCMidwest

Stripes: Dr. Barinov, Russia
RGKEY: Dr. Barinov, Russia
Crimsontide: Dr. Bagirov, Russia
Sweden: Dr. Sarin, India
Krp1: Dr. Monegal, Spain
Musicmaker: Dr. Monegal, Spain

Did I miss anyone with a "bad" outcome?

Seems to be a theme here...don't use a sh*t doctor.

Is there a SINGLE Dr. Paley, Dr. Mahboubian, Dr. Guichet bad outcome diary?

Bringing up bad outcomes from going to sh*t doctors does not help your argument at all, and I'm not sure why you brought it up anyway, since you were in the middle of arguing over Tibike.

I've noticed you have a habit of changing subjects/thoughts mid-comment(s) before.

You seem very ego-invested in proving yourself right, and proving whomever you're arguing with wrong. Not sure why that is, nor do I care.

I won't be responding to anymore of your posts, you're a waste of time.
5'7.5

CCMidwest

One last thing Crimsontide,

Why is it so hard to believe someone would make a fake account?

Wasn't there a fake account made for you? Or did I just imagine the whole "crimsonfag" fake account incident?
5'7.5

TIBIKE200

The only one here who is making a fool of himself is you crimsone. I can understand and I even have simpathy for your pain and sorrow. But from that to going to try to make up a story about me creating a fake account in order to persuade myself? I am not mentally ill like some members here (And I suspect you included).

I deleated you from my friend list as well as many other members I have spoken to outside of the forum because I was trying to get over the height thingy. Sadly I didnt. A relative asked me why I am still like this, so I said because I can't seem to accept my height (it was a month or two after the cancellation). He asked why did I cancel it. I said about an account who posted about getting crippelled. So the family member told me "I am going to admit, it was X idea to do this in order to scare you away from the surgery. We thought that if you will be super scared you will get this idea off your head and will accept what you got in life." I asked if this is true, and in order to be sure, I asked the account name and password and voila it was indeed a false account.

So again, you want to think that I am mentally ill (like you) that I will go all the way to make an act (and for what? I dont know anyone here personally so I dont know why you think I care about opinions about me here) then it means maybe it is something you are capable of.

Have a nice amputation crimsone

blahblah

Hey CCMidwest,

You listed Krp1 as a bad outcome. Did something go wrong with his surgery?

CCMidwest

Hey CCMidwest,

You listed Krp1 as a bad outcome. Did something go wrong with his surgery?

Ask him to be sure. Somebody here said he did though, yeah. But I don't know for sure and won't speak for him anymore than I apparently just did. (My apologies to Krp1 if I was mistaken)
5'7.5

Ozymandias

Ask him to be sure. Somebody here said he did though, yeah. But I don't know for sure and won't speak for him anymore than I apparently just did. (My apologies to Krp1 if I was mistaken)

From what he told in his thread, he had a pretty good outcome.

ANY doctor has bad cases. All of them. Lurk about Paley's operating a wrong limb ("the state Department of Health filed two administrative complaints against Paley...") or the rumours about the reason behind his move to Florida.

Probably any doctor performing LL has a case of non-union or delayed union. The question is, is the doctor to blame, or is the patient? Those complications are hard to predict, even Guichet said so ("healing time is never known in anticipation, unless there was a previous fracture..." -> this applies to delayed unions, probably to non unions, too) Maybe the patient did not follow a good diet, maybe he/she was a smoker (if that was the case, he would probably never admit it, and would blame the doctor for his complication). Or maybe his genetics were simply awful. Same for nail/screws malfunction. Bohemia told the story of a guy who went skiing with his bone still not consolidated, causing the nail to bend. If that happens, can be considered a bad outcome? If a patient is overconfidently walking unaided, falls and bend a nail, is the doctor to blame?

So complications can appear because a doctor is not competent, but also because the patient lacks dedication or common sense. If that was the case, it would be easier for him to blame the doctor than to admit his own fault. And finally, what makes LL quite scary is that even if you are a good patient and you are being operated by a serious doctor, complications can also appear.

LLuser1

• Banned

From what he told in his thread, he had a pretty good outcome.

ANY doctor has bad cases. All of them. Lurk about Paley's operating a wrong limb ("the state Department of Health filed two administrative complaints against Paley...") or the rumours about the reason behind his move to Florida.

Probably any doctor performing LL has a case of non-union or delayed union. The question is, is the doctor to blame, or is the patient? Those complications are hard to predict, even Guichet said so ("healing time is never known in anticipation, unless there was a previous fracture..." -> this applies to delayed unions, probably to non unions, too) Maybe the patient did not follow a good diet, maybe he/she was a smoker (if that was the case, he would probably never admit it, and would blame the doctor for his complication). Or maybe his genetics were simply awful. Same for nail/screws malfunction. Bohemia told the story of a guy who went skiing with his bone still not consolidated, causing the nail to bend. If that happens, can be considered a bad outcome? If a patient is overconfidently walking unaided, falls and bend a nail, is the doctor to blame?

So complications can appear because a doctor is not competent, but also because the patient lacks dedication or common sense. If that was the case, it would be easier for him to blame the doctor than to admit his own fault. And finally, what makes LL quite scary is that even if you are a good patient and you are being operated by a serious doctor, complications can also appear.

You don't know what you are talking about. Some patients have had non union for genetic reasons, but many patients from Monegal have developed non union as a result of a poor osteotomy. I can give names if you want. SOme of them in the forum.

Stripes

Stripes

Stripes: Dr. Barinov, Russia
RGKEY: Dr. Barinov, Russia
Crimsontide: Dr. Bagirov, Russia
Sweden: Dr. Sarin, India
Krp1: Dr. Monegal, Spain
Musicmaker: Dr. Monegal, Spain

Did I miss anyone with a "bad" outcome?

Seems to be a theme here...don't use a sh*t doctor.

Excuse my language here but what the fk are you talking about? Have you even read my diary? How on earth have I had a bad outcome? You literally have no idea what you're saying. You clearly haven't read RGKEY's diary either or done enough research on Paley.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up