Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilateral Femur Lengthening Dairy: May 2021 with Dr Betz and Betzbone  (Read 28895 times)

Zatoichi

• Visitor
Re: Bilateral Femur Lengthening Dairy: May 2021 with Dr Betz and Betzbone
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2021, 05:59:14 AM »

Fantastic achievement and so close to the end. Well done!

From my experience, after three days of not lengthening, the widening forces really dissipate, which makes rehab a lot easier! You can worry about dealing solely with that in 2 weeks!

chasing_higher_dream

• Life is what you make it
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2021, 06:22:18 AM »

Congrats on the 8 cm mark :)

Good to hear that the clicking resistance has gone down. As it's just 13 days to reach 9 cm, you are almost done.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - May 2021
Height (night):  170 cm --> 178 cm
Wingspan: 174 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66215.0

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2021, 06:54:10 PM »

Thanks guys.

What do you guys think of 10cm? Now that i'm at 8cm, I think it's a real possibility. The only concern I have is that since I'm so wide already, I don't know if I'll ever be able to stretch enough to walk normally.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

chasing_higher_dream

« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2021, 07:19:29 PM »

Thanks guys.

What do you guys think of 10cm? Now that i'm at 8cm, I think it's a real possibility. The only concern I have is that since I'm so wide already, I don't know if I'll ever be able to stretch enough to walk normally.

The wide legs is not a problem in long term, since the legs can be closed in with sufficient PT over a period of time. But the extra gained height would be permanent 🙂 If your body allows it and if you are fine with the proportions, I don’t think there is any problem with going to 10 cm. The max limit is very individualistic and it varies for different people.

The only thing which I would be worried about is the mobility and function once you are back to normal. There is this guy on this forum called “BetzLandLiberator” and he seems to have also lengthened 10 cm and he claims that he is doing perfectly fine.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2021, 07:20:07 PM »

The only concern I have is that since I'm so wide already, I don't know if I'll ever be able to stretch enough to walk normally.

Congrats on the 8! I think that your question though answers itself it you posed it literally as opposed to figuratively - ever walk normally again for just 2cm more?? Only you can truly judge, but if that’s a real concern, my 2 cents is no of course don’t go for 10; if on the other hand you’re just saying it’d be a lot more work and time to get there - again which you are the best judge of - your call.  I seem to recall your original plan was 9; that seems to be very doable for you.  It’s all gravy from here on though it would seem.  8 cm is a major success in and of itself.  Good luck and congrats on the 8! Upward and onward 💪
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2021, 08:24:18 AM »

I agree.  Wide legs / duck butt big deal. You go crazy at PT for a year and in the mean time just walk around like a cowboy challenging people to pistol duels...

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2021, 11:25:27 AM »

93.92/90.80mm

Hey guys, I just passed 9cm! Several things to note

1) I have started getting knee pain on my right leg. My ortheopedic doctor said that it was likely caused by my quads and ITB being overly tight, and thus pulling on my knee caps whenever I tried to move my knees. They told me it was a sign that my muscles are reaching their stretching limit.

2) I have also experienced significant muscle atrophy past 8cm. Walking has become very difficult, and I am having trouble walking without crutches. Lengthening after 8cm is quite exhausting.

3) Cliking at 0.78mm consistently has significantly softened my callus. This has made clicking trivial and painless. Clicking over 0.78mm causes nerve pain, so I think 0.78mm or 15 clicks is a sweet spot, where I can lengthen fast enough to escape hardening callus and not too fast to avoid neve pain. For those who have clicking pain, don't slow down clicking!

4) I have started getting compliments from girls for being "tall." Some have guessed that I'm 6' even though I'm 5'11. It seems that girls aren't that good at estimating heights. They just want you to be a head taller and give them an impressive around number so they can brag to their friends it seems...

Despite all the inconveniences, I am still on track to 10cm. I am looking forward to the end of lengthening so much. Only 2 weeks left!

overandover

« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2021, 11:40:44 AM »

10 cm is crazy.  :o

Zatoichi

• Visitor
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2021, 11:57:16 AM »

Woah! Fantastic progress.

Good luck reaching your final goal and a successful recovery.

I'm currently only at roughly half your length and am sick of the entire process. I can only imagine the superhuman efforts and focus required for getting to 9-10 cm! Well done.

chasing_higher_dream

« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2021, 05:59:23 PM »

Congrats on reaching 9 cm  :)

Knee pain and other related problems will most probably go away once you stop lengthening.

You are the among very few who would be doing 10 cm, incredible. Requires a lot of patience, suffering from pain, and courage to go into uncharted territory.

What was your initial tibia to femur ratio when you were 170 cm?

FiveSevenWannaDie

• Visitor
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2021, 08:47:10 PM »

congratuliations. 9cm is already a huge success. i hope you will recover well!
so now you will be 1,80m tall? damn i would be happy with 1,76m already. haha but everyones different.
  im saving up for dr betz now too haha i need this surgery so bad  8)

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2021, 08:32:20 AM »

@overandover
Yeah it is 8)

@Zatoichi
Thanks for the well wishes. I think it's mainly the amount of time stretching takes out of my day that is most fraustrating. Other than that, muscle relaxants and painkillers generally do their job :)

@chasing_higher_dream
Thanks. I didn't see many 10cm diaries, so I hope mine helps. I don't actually know my tibia-femur ratio pre-LL, but I can always just subtract 10cm from my final x-ray to see. I'll update you that.

@FiveSevenWannaDi
Yes 1.8m! Going from 1.7 to 1.8 is a huge change since it's below to above average. Though I can probably get another 6-7cm from tibias, I definitely want another surgery, lol.

dexter1930

« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2021, 09:27:48 AM »

@overandover
Yeah it is 8)

@Zatoichi
Thanks for the well wishes. I think it's mainly the amount of time stretching takes out of my day that is most fraustrating. Other than that, muscle relaxants and painkillers generally do their job :)

@chasing_higher_dream
Thanks. I didn't see many 10cm diaries, so I hope mine helps. I don't actually know my tibia-femur ratio pre-LL, but I can always just subtract 10cm from my final x-ray to see. I'll update you that.

@FiveSevenWannaDi
Yes 1.8m! Going from 1.7 to 1.8 is a huge change since it's below to above average. Though I can probably get another 6-7cm from tibias, I definitely want another surgery, lol.

oh S, you've gotten a lot taller now. Congrat to join the 1m80+ tall group

Limbfan2020

« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2021, 03:41:31 PM »

@ SirStretchAlot
Great diary! At which length have you noticed an exponential increase of pain/tightness/stiffness etc.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2021, 02:12:52 PM »

@ SirStretchAlot
Great diary! At which length have you noticed an exponential increase of pain/tightness/stiffness etc.

Thanks. I would say that rather than the length, it's the pace of lengthening that causes nerve pain/tightness. This usually happens because one is lengthening faster than the nerves and muscles can stretch/grow.

Slowing down to 0.78 or 0.52mm usually almost always eliminates any discomfort. However, lengthening too slow would cause the callus to harden, which increases mechanical resistance to clicking/lengthening.

Lastly, a good night's sleep will eleminate any leg problems you will have for that day because more of our body's resources are proportionally dedicated to wound healing during sleep.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »

SirStretchALot - Wow!  Congrats on all the progress and thanks for the diary.  Very inspiring.  Must be crazy good to have all that new height and can only imagine how rewarding that must be.  I’d be curious to hear about reactions from those who observe you after and knew you before.  Good luck with finishing up with lengthening and everything moving forward! 👍
171 cm (day height)

itseasy

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2021, 08:35:03 AM »

SirStretchALot - Wow!  Congrats on all the progress and thanks for the diary.  Very inspiring.  Must be crazy good to have all that new height and can only imagine how rewarding that must be.  I’d be curious to hear about reactions from those who observe you after and knew you before.  Good luck with finishing up with lengthening and everything moving forward! 👍

Reactions are funny and sometimes awkward. The look of confusion on people’s faces sometimes made me uncomfortable. It has to be one of the weirdest situations I’ve been in because it really does defy normal logic and people have perplexed looks.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2021, 09:06:00 AM »

Haiya. My experience is slightly different than itseasy. Since I was on a weightbearing nail, I continued to socialize with friends and they witnessed my height gains gradually. No one has ever been confused by my height increase because there was never any shock.

I'd imagine this would only be a surprise to family members or bros who were previously your height but is now shorter. For girls and boys who you were already taller than before, there shouldn't be any adverse reaction.

Being able to say 180 or 182cm on a dating profile got me so many more likes. For every 10 people who viewed my profile previously, I'd get probably 6 who matched me. Now it's 8, a 33% improvement. If you want to quantify this, you would be 33% more attractive after LL, haha.

Antonio111111

« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »

Damn bro 9 cm!!!

So u did ITB and even with that still getting wide legs?

How's your gait?

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2021, 10:35:50 AM »

Damn bro 9 cm!!!

So u did ITB and even with that still getting wide legs?

How's your gait?

Thanks. Yeah, ITB release helps a lot, but stretching is still needed to prevent wide legs. However, I'm quite confident it'll narrow since everyone from surgeons to past patients told me it'll narrow with enough stretching.

My gait is quite bad because I've completely lost my glutes. This is normal for all LL patients.

GrowANut

• We'll all make it brahs.
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2021, 04:13:51 AM »

Hey I noticed your wingspan in 170cm and your new height is 180cm does it look like a big difference in the mirror? I think Henry Cavill has a 10cm difference in wingspan and honestly he doesn't look too bad just wondering what your thoughts are.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2021, 07:28:30 AM »

Hey I noticed your wingspan in 170cm and your new height is 180cm does it look like a big difference in the mirror? I think Henry Cavill has a 10cm difference in wingspan and honestly he doesn't look too bad just wondering what your thoughts are.

So 10/170 is around 5.88%. The wingspan difference is barely noticeable unless one measures it. Though, my femur length probably increased by triple this relative to its old length, so I do notice that my femurs are quite long.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »

101.46/98.34mm

Hey guys, I'm 3 days away from my right leg reaching 10cm! A few points of note:

1) The nerve pain from even 0.78mm is quite pronounced for the last 5mm. I wake up 3-4 times per night. Pills aren't really effective, so I'd have to tough it out.

2) Stretching has still been effective with hamstrings and IT bands. So now hip flexors or duckass will be my main focus.

3) X-rays show a slight upward bend in the upper screws of my right leg. I am sending it to Betz for analysis.

4) My femur to tibia ratio is around 1.49 which considering the median is 1.28 (2SD ± 0.08), my femurs are indeed considered quite long.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 11:24:39 AM by SirStretchAlot »

eric.cartman

« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2021, 03:09:28 PM »

That's amazing, 10cm is awesome! Congrats!

chasing_higher_dream

« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2021, 04:21:59 PM »

Congrats. You are just almost there on the finish line. Just a few days to go :)

GrowANut

• We'll all make it brahs.
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2021, 07:05:02 PM »

wow 10 cm just in femurs!! That's impressive congrats hope you can rehab well... and regarding proportions yea for sure your femurs are going to look cosmetically longer than "normal" but who cares at least you'll be almost 4 inches taller lmao.

r/smallboy

• Visitor
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2021, 05:57:09 PM »

This has been a super interesting read and huge congrats on reaching 10cm. I'm 3cm below your starting height and I'd kill to gain 10cm and end up at 177cm.

I think the overall opinion on Betz on this forum is somewhat mixed so it's interesting to see someone else in the UK who went with him and has had a good result. Onwards and upwards for consolidation and recovery.

I'm hoping to do this surgery in the next 2 years (25 now) if I can still run (a little), cycle and do squats and go hiking then I'll be happy. Look forward to hearing how you recover bro.

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »

104.42/100.00mm Mission Accomplished!

Hey guys, I've reached 10cm! My left was lengthened a bit more to match the length of my right. It has taken 139 days or 4.5 months since surgery day. Below is a summary of key points through out the lengthening process. I will update it with my recovery as I recall more.

Lengthening Schedule
I lengthened 1mm/day for the first 3cm, 0.78mm for the next 4cm, and 0.52mm for the last 3cm. The first 3cm was quite easy, as there was a lot of flexibility. However, starting at 3cm, I started getting very wide legs due to tight IT Bands. I got an ITB release with Giotikas and it has helped with my stretching a lot. Up to 7cm, my stretching kept up with my lengthening. My legs started to narrow during the last 3cm, as my stretching got more efficient and the lengthening slowed. I thought about stopping at 9cm, but my body felt fine so I went for 10cm. However, the last 0.5cm was exceptionally hard. I got daily nerve pain, and prolonged TFL soreness. My body and Betz basically told me 10cm is the max, even though the Betzbone nail technically allowed 12cm.

In summary, your stretching time is a function of your lengthening pace. 0.52mm ~ 1 hour, 0.78 ~ 1.5 hour, 1mm ~ 2 hours. Any less, and your gait will likely worsen.

Gait
I can close my legs completely, but the duck ass will look very severe, so I leave them slightly widened so I can stretch more effectively. With the ITB release, stretching the ITB became easier. Hamstrings and Quads are generally easy muscles to stretch. My anterior pelvic tilt (duck ass) is partly due to weak gluteous muscles, which I have none and need to work on. What I hear from past patients and surgeons is that the gait almost always recover fully, so I'm not too worried.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2021, 08:57:02 PM »

Congrats!  And, thanks for the insight on stretching time as a function of distraction rate.  Very helpful to know.  Good luck and again nice job!
171 cm (day height)

chasing_higher_dream

« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2021, 08:04:42 PM »

104.42/100.00mm Mission Accomplished!

Hey guys, I've reached 10cm! My left was lengthened a bit more to match the length of my right. It has taken 139 days or 4.5 months since surgery day. Below is a summary of key points through out the lengthening process. I will update it with my recovery as I recall more.

Lengthening Schedule
I lengthened 1mm/day for the first 3cm, 0.78mm for the next 4cm, and 0.52mm for the last 3cm. The first 3cm was quite easy, as there was a lot of flexibility. However, starting at 3cm, I started getting very wide legs due to tight IT Bands. I got an ITB release with Giotikas and it has helped with my stretching a lot. Up to 7cm, my stretching kept up with my lengthening. My legs started to narrow during the last 3cm, as my stretching got more efficient and the lengthening slowed. I thought about stopping at 9cm, but my body felt fine so I went for 10cm. However, the last 0.5cm was exceptionally hard. I got daily nerve pain, and prolonged TFL soreness. My body and Betz basically told me 10cm is the max, even though the Betzbone nail technically allowed 12cm.

In summary, your stretching time is a function of your lengthening pace. 0.52mm ~ 1 hour, 0.78 ~ 1.5 hour, 1mm ~ 2 hours. Any less, and your gait will likely worsen.

Gait
I can close my legs completely, but the duck ass will look very severe, so I leave them slightly widened so I can stretch more effectively. With the ITB release, stretching the ITB became easier. Hamstrings and Quads are generally easy muscles to stretch. My anterior pelvic tilt (duck ass) is partly due to weak gluteous muscles, which I have none and need to work on. What I hear from past patients and surgeons is that the gait almost always recover fully, so I'm not too worried.

Congrats on completing your lengthening journey. At last, the pain and suffering for so many months has come to an end.
Going from 170 cm to 180 cm is a huge leap and it is world-changing in many ways.
I wish you all the best in your consolidation and for holistic recovery :)

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2021, 08:50:20 AM »

Congrats on completing your lengthening journey. At last, the pain and suffering for so many months has come to an end.
Going from 170 cm to 180 cm is a huge leap and it is world-changing in many ways.
I wish you all the best in your consolidation and for holistic recovery :)

Thanks so much! How goes your recovery? I noticed my leg strength has returned remarkably.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up