Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Growing taller  (Read 5636 times)

Thespartan

Growing taller
« on: December 21, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »

Hi I'm 18 now and I'm 171cm (5'7") but I wish to be from 180cm (5'11") to 185cm (6'1"). My wingspan is 173cm (5'8"), sitting height is about 95cm (37.5"), I want to do a humerus lengthening aswell about 5cm (2") in each arm and I'm going to do lengthening in the tibias and the femurs. This is my first post tell me what you think about this.

Uppland

Re: Growing taller
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »

9CM is a lot of lenghtening, I would not advice that much in one surgery. Really 6+6CM divided into two segments is the most I would advice anyone to do.

5CM for each arm may not be realistic but even 3CM should ensure that you'll look fine up to at least 182CM. However this is all speculation really I have heard of few people having the time, money and most important of all -willpower to actually do 3 limb lenghtening surgeries. If you do however you might be 183CM with proportions that pass for normal to almost everyone.

-This will have untold effects on your body though, I'd say research much more before you decide anything.

Thespartan

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »

I already researched alot of information about it and I already talked with a doctor is name is Dr.Guichet is famous for is nail lengthening and i saw some people that did some humerus lengthening of about 5 cm but they had some deformity (one arm shorter).

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:40:46 PM »

I hope your not planning to do internal for arm lengthening.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Thespartan

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 03:44:10 PM »

No if I did humerus lengthening I would do external lengthening but do you guys think its possible? and will i look proportional? I have a big torso so thats why i choose that height to begin with.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »

I would stick to 4cm. the arms are not as long as the legs, and arms are more important in terms of function for a normal life.

don't go above 4cm I think.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

Thespartan

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 03:51:52 PM »

I'm a little afraid of the arm lengthening because I don't want to danify my arm in no way because i love lifting and that would break my heart, but I know people from LL once they recover from previous operations and the bones are solid again they do heavy lifting again with their legs. But in the arm section I don't know because of the lack of information.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 04:14:56 PM »

that is a very healthy and good attitude to have Spartan. I too worry about lifting after something like humerus.

there is almost no information. we have to go by what doctors tell us.

which is why I recommend to err on the side of caution for how much to lengthen as you are the guinnea pig.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

Thespartan

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 04:28:49 PM »

But for now the lengthening process is just a dream first i need to work hard to win the money for the operations in question. But in 2 years or less i will inform you guys. And the leg lengthening will not stop me for making money, because i work from home  :D. Thanks for the support.

GeTs

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 06:07:34 PM »

But for now the lengthening process is just a dream first i need to work hard to win the money for the operations in question. But in 2 years or less i will inform you guys. And the leg lengthening will not stop me for making money, because i work from home  :D. Thanks for the support.
arm lengthening is stupid for cosmetic reasons

Thespartan

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 06:43:58 PM »

If you think that please specify why you think that, because just saying it's "stupid" doesn't justifiy nothing.

GeTs

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »

If you think that please specify why you think that, because just saying it's "stupid" doesn't justifiy nothing.
people want to do 2 leg surgery and then arm lengthening:
 reality:
- after one surgery they're happy with themselves and not as motivated as before to do it again
- several years later most of them wish they lengthened less
- with 3 surgery you'll look like a 40 yrs old when you hit 31
- you'll be 20 during your first surgery, after these 3 surgerys u'll take 3-5 years to recover from it, so u'll have 5 years before u look like a 40 yrs old

Thespartan

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »

Why would you look like a 40 year old just by doing lengthening operations it has nothing to do with your facial muscles or your skin. So I'm not understanding were you want to get.

Thespartan

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 09:01:10 PM »

You just get older if you have a negative attitude in relantion with what you are doing, you are trying to make yourself your dream height and body how is that a negative factor you won't regred it after, alot of people that had done those surgerys are very happy and said it changed their lifes.

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 02:55:22 AM »

that is a very healthy and good attitude to have Spartan. I too worry about lifting after something like humerus.

there is almost no information. we have to go by what doctors tell us.

which is why I recommend to err on the side of caution for how much to lengthen as you are the guinnea pig.

Sound advice. Please speak to Dr. Guichet about cosmetic arm surgery Spartan, he is well respected on this forum and we are all interested in what he has to say. Although I think I read about him advicing against it somewhere.

Thespartan

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 12:52:12 PM »

Update on this post I decided that I will do 5 cm in my tibias and more 5 cm femurs. The length that I will do in the humerus and don't know yet but it will be my first procedure, and then my femurs and to finish my tibias.

Thespartan

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »

will it be okay that amount of lengthening even if it is in two different segments, besides I might be 1.73 m (5.8") because I have some spine problems that I'm currently fixing that take some of my height...

KrP1

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 01:23:54 PM »

will it be okay that amount of lengthening even if it is in two different segments, besides I might be 1.73 m (5.8") because I have some spine problems that I'm currently fixing that take some of my height...

if you have back problems then femurs lengthening will be a bad idea maybe 3 or 4cm to dont have more serious back problems. by the other way, why do you consider to do Tibias , femurs and humerus at 1,73m that is a normal height , not too short. is so stupid.

Thespartan

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »

Its not serious back problems are very slight problems that can be fixed with just 1 month of swimming and I want to be taller because I don't feel good being this tall, all the people on my family are tall and I'm just the small one... and I don't want that.

KrP1

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:48 PM »

Its not serious back problems are very slight problems that can be fixed with just 1 month of swimming and I want to be taller because I don't feel good being this tall, all the people on my family are tall and I'm just the small one... and I don't want that.

maybe you could do a more conservative amount to not lengthen your humerus

Thespartan

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 01:45:48 PM »

humerus is a bad place to do lengthening?

KrP1

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 01:53:04 PM »

humerus is a bad place to do lengthening?

i dont really know because im not a doctor but i think that it isnt justified to do so much surgeries in a person that have a normal height.  If you do 6cm in your tibias yo will be 1,77 / 1,79 and you dont need to do your humerus.

Thespartan

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 01:57:36 PM »

One more thing isn't it safer to do for example the 6 cm divided by the femurs and tibias?
Pages: [1]   Go Up