Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been bullied all my life for my height  (Read 8961 times)

seanob

• Visitor
Been bullied all my life for my height
« on: April 02, 2015, 09:17:36 PM »

Hi guys,

I've struggled all my life with my height. I'm extremely short for a guy - I'm only 5'4", and have never maintained a relationship with a girl because of my height. I'm not particularly ugly, but I'm no Tom Cruise either. I used to get beat up and bullied  in school when I was a kid, and could never do anything about it. I used to spend hours on end in tears over it. I feel so uncomfortable in my own shoes. I rarely go outside anymore, because standing next to people makes me feel so down. I wish my parents had put me on growth hormone as a kid, but they always assured me I was "getting tall" anytime I complained about being short.

I really want to get limb lengthening, but the costs are so high. I was considering going to India, but I don't know how safe it might be.

Anyone else on here as short as me? Have you done limb lengthening and how much has it changed for you? I know 3 inches would still only put me at 5'7", but at least then I would only be a little bit shorter than average (5'9" here), rather than 5 inches shorter than average.

YellowSpike

Re: Been bullied all my life for my height
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 09:24:19 PM »

How old are you buddy? I was only a little taller than you (5'6 ish in the morning, 5'5.35" or something at night before bed), and while life is certainly harder for shorter men, I've done ok for myself. Successful career, have had several very attractive gfs, one night stands/FWBs, etc...I actually was bullied too as a kid, but it had nothing to do with my height (although not being tall I'm sure made me an easier target). I am now about 5'8", and while it's still far from tall, I do feel a lot more average and like I blend in more. Once I've fully recovered, I think it will benefit me a great deal (at least, psychologically, which is the main thing).

All I can say is for you to hang in there. I don't know how old you are, but do your best to save money if you can. If you are meant to get this surgery, it will happen for you when it's meant to. I hate to rely on cliches like that, but I believe in this case it rings true. I had to cancel the surgery and postpone it several times...but when I was ready, I was ready (despite having to do it with a sick relative and in a foreign country with no help whatsoever).

Keep calm and carry on my friend :)

KrP1

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 09:26:07 PM »

hey bro, im 5´5" , i know how you feel . Doing 3 inches you could be 5´7" that is a respectable height, most people of that height doesn't have height discrimination or have it in a much lower grade

Uppland

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 09:28:09 PM »

These kind of stories make life seem so damn unfair.

YellowSpike

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 10:00:57 PM »

These kind of stories make life seem so damn unfair.

You're still young, but make no mistake - life is unfair in many ways to many people.

I think height is one prime example of that. Something that none of us choose...how tall or short we are...has a huge impact on a man's life, as we all have seen.

I'm not attempting to make this into a "certain people shouldn't do LL" topic (and this isn't directed at you Upp or anyone in particular!), because it's no one's business who does the surgery and who doesn't...but men who are at least average and above don't know how good they have it.

Uppland

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 11:21:06 PM »

There is always someone worse off, I don't know if that's comforting or just sad.

seanob

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 11:31:59 PM »

Thanks guys - I'm 32, so I've been through a lot over the years. People still crack jokes about my height. I mean - I don't think people understand how hurtful it can be.

I'm trying to save up to get LL surgery, but I have a few other bills to sort out in the next year so I'm strapped until then. I just want to feel like I'm normal, you know? Not have to be conscious of every step I take outside.

Smallguy

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 11:50:12 PM »

Hey Sean,

I can see that you can definitely benefit from LL.

But the important thing is you should definitely not allow height neurosis to get you in your way of achieving a normal life. Your aversion of going outside is just a state of mind. You still need to save up that money for LL, you need need to work and have a healthy dose of social contact in the meantime.

The worst you can do to yourself is to hang out with a group of guys with height neurosis. And then you all bombard each other with how bad being short is. That won't be healthy for your psych and will keep you from going outside forever.

I replied to your post because I used to have a friend back in college who was 5'4. He dreamed of being a firefighter. Then another short lady came along and heard of his dream... pull him over gave him a 30 mins lecture on how he can't make it and he was too short. Though good intention she may be, after that he gave up on his dream, dropped out of college and became a recreational drug user. It's a true story.

Though short may be bad, it's better being practical about it.

My advice to you is to save up your money but at the same time, enjoy your life at the moment. Don't wait for after LL to enjoy being outside. Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:29:50 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

YellowSpike

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 12:19:50 AM »

There is always someone worse off, I don't know if that's comforting or just sad.

Of course, very true. It's sometimes scary to think about it. Just reading about the guy that someone posted about on here (from reddit, I think) that was like 4'11 (but very good looking!) and couldn't get a job (let alone a gf). It broke my heart both because I can relate to the guy, but also because I can't even imagine how bad he has it.

Ghostfish

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 04:51:53 AM »

Hi Seanob

I feel very sorry for you about how you have been through just because of height.  Although I am a little taller than you, I can understand how you feel perhaps in part.  However, I am older than you but still not giving up on my height.  I will do CLL someday in the near future.  So you need to work hard and try to be successful at this moment.  Make a plan and time for LL.  I think you are still young.  You don't need to be super social now but need to work or study to be successful.  So after you finally do LL, you will enjoy not only your tall height but also your successful life! 

Cheers!

KrP1

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 08:27:38 AM »

as a 5'5" male i deal with a lot of height discrimination and Jokes about my height .but cant even imagine how much are going througth people of 5'1" and over. It must be like a living hell

tinkerbell

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 10:05:48 PM »

Hey seanob, it's really sad what you have had to go through

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 07:25:49 AM »

I am 5'1 and I can tell you that it is pretty much worse than being 5'5.
5'1", 100 lbs

ReadRothbard

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:59 AM »

I am 5'1 and I can tell you that it is pretty much worse than being 5'5.

What tanner stage are you in btw?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up