Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realistically saving for LL  (Read 739 times)

Cas

Realistically saving for LL
« on: August 24, 2018, 10:13:27 PM »

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any tips about saving for limb lengthening surgery. My doctor of choice is Dr. Paley, but the prices that I am seeing, it seems like such a leap to get to the level that he charges for just one surgery alone(I am looking at doing both femurs the first year and the following year, tibias). STRYDE since Precice 2.2 is no longer available for surgery with him. After hearing countless stories of things going terribly wrong overseas and for concern of my own health and safety, going out of the states is not something I am willing to consider and Paley is far closer to me in terms of geographical location and makes more sense to have a doctor within a short flight away or long car ride. So it leaves me questions on how to save the money. Would it be easier to save all the money at once or do one at a time? Should I consider taking out a loan for the surgery instead ? Any advice.

Thanks

InFullStryde

Re: Realistically saving for LL
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 10:17:34 PM »

Hi Cas.  Nothing wrong with taking out a loan.  You can find decent loans with 5 and 7-year terms.  Of course, I always suggest paying as much as you can up front.   As long as you have good credit and steady income, money should not be an issue with regard to CLL. 
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

6feet2isTooShort

• IT'S OVER
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 10:28:15 PM »

Just do a quick ICO scam. So easy to get money nowdays.
banned for trolling and abuse of forum signature

Kotiki

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 03:58:09 AM »

Your best bet is that STRYDE will be so successful, it will make cosmetic limb lengthening less controversial, which in its turn will encourage more othopedic surgeons in America and around the world to offer limb lengthening to cosmetic clients.

Dr Paley is charging exuberant amount of money for this surgery not because it's unavoidable, but because he can. There's no competition in this space as most orthopaedic surgeons consider CLL unethical and won't touch it with a ten feet pole. STRYDE might change that.

Furthermore, if Synoste or another company brings out a nail similar to STRYDE this will also create competition and drive down the prices.

Cosmetic lengthening will always be expensive, but if things go well, it won't cost an arm and a leg (no pun intended) in the next 5 years or so. I recommend to start saving and wait if you can afford to.

Cas

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »

Thanks ya'll for the comments and advice. I was just trying to find a way to have LL before I turn 30. I find that right now, age is on my side and I think I would be able to recover from this a lot sooner than if I wait later. I may find myself taking out a loan or trying to negotiate a slightly lower price point with Paley if possible. I am just trying to get to an average height and I am just trying to do whatever I can to get to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up