Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giotikas patients in Athens- what did you spend alot of your money on whilethere  (Read 857 times)

SpeedDialer

eFood? Wolt? for groceries

Ridesharing apps?

Trying to make a spreadsheet for budgeting, trying to get a rough idea of how patients there tend to spend their money

thankscience

I haven't been there yet, but would be interested to see your spreadsheet once it's done! Might give me some tips

fernyy

• Visitor

Share what you find pls, I'm also interested in Giotikas

doge

• Visitor

I'm also trying to estimate this. I have 2 different ones depending on Precise or G-Nail, but I will list G-nail below.
My current spreadsheet, for G-nail femurs, in EUROs, has the following:

Consultation: 300
X-rays (in home country): 190
Wire-transfer fees: 110
Passport costs: 0
Visa: 0
Electrical outlet adapter / voltage converter: 40
Physio-therapy: 0 (included)
Helpers / aids: 0 (unneeded)
Surgery package: 48900
lodging / accommodations (the 4-star recommended hotel for 6 weeks, then hostel): 4200
Taxi / transport: 60
Gym membership (optional, but beneficial to use the stationary bike while in hostels): 60
Flights (round-trip): 1500
Food (only from markets, not restaurants): 1500

Then for the device removal in 1 year.
Surgical removal (if at same place): 4200
Round-trip airfare: 500
Both hostel and food (seems cheaper to stay for a few days compared to leaving immediately): 220

Then add 8000 euro in case of emergency, corrective surgery (in case one of the planned surgeries fails or there are complications that need to be fixed), and other unexpected costs.
Add ~5% for taxes (unsure what the actual tax rate it).
Foreign transaction fees for credit card: 0.08% of each credit card transaction, totaling an unknown amount.
Consider any loan fees.

Other notes.
Locals strongly prefer cash.
Tibias: 5500 euros per cm. Least total cost, but least total height. Best cost to cm ratio. Weight-bearing.
Femurs Precise: 6700 euros per cm. Most expensive per cm of height. Non-weight-beating. Electronic device that does the distraction for you / no clicks.
Femurs G-nail: 6600 euros per cm. Most expensive. Most height. Weight-bearing. Have to do "clicks".
Perhaps share a room with other LL patients to save money.
Pages: [1]   Go Up