Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing  (Read 36574 times)

Activatedxx

Re: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/iEdhPJ4

I already said this but, Taking a break has provided a huge relief. I am able to walk unassisted again after not being able to for a while. My muscles have atrophy for sure after this long. I walk like a penguin.  The rod clicking (when you step you feel the rod in your bones shake/vibrate) does not hurt at all but when I step I can feel it every few steps, it feels weird and somewhat uncomfortable and affects your step because you try to take weight off when you feel it click/hit against the bone

No matter what method you use, learn from my mistake and take a break if you feel a lot of pain

I feel dumb for overtaxing my body like that, I am glad it was able to recover a lot after just a short period. I would say my legs feel 50-55% better/less strained
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 02:15:30 PM by Activatedxx »
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Activatedxx

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2021, 12:20:09 PM »

I learned I had a pinsite infection, it is common but I was not able to identify it. Besides the area being painful/inflamed their is no discharge or smell so I couldn’t tell and neither could the physical therapist. I recommend staying very close to the doctor or BOF hotel where the patients stay, I am there on the way now as I write this, to take a antibiotic shot. My other places of staying were far away so the assistants could not come check on me, and it’s been a week or so that I’ve felt this but brushed it off as lengthening pain.

Do not go over 1mm. I feel 1-2/10 pain level most of the time besides pinsite now that I have stuck to this. It’s really dumb doing 1.25 like I did, the amount of extra pain and discomfort is 2-3x, and then you end up having to stop. I could have saved myself a lot of suffering. I’m checking into the hotel now

I decided to go back to America with my wife this week. I’ll figure out coming back for fixator removal later, but I was pushing myself to lengthen fast so I could leave here quicker. It’s detrimental to me. I’d rather be home with a support system and family, at the moment I don’t care about much else. My mental health is taking a toll being so far away from home in a foreign country, and my wife was leaving next week so I thought about it and I don’t think I could stay here alone, so I decided to go back and booked my ticket. I believe it will make lengthening much easier, being emotionally and mentally relieved time will go by faster. It’s a long plane ride, will be hard but I’ll take some Xanax and thug it out

I’m meeting with the doctor and assistant to do a check up, and I will get some extra antibiotic injection in case I need them in the future, and should be doing xrays in a few days, it’ll be nice to see everyone before I leave for 4-5 weeks

Update*  extremely recommend doing the package, learn from my mistakes. I wouldn’t do in first place again but if you do, the hotel is pretty nice, and there are like 40-50 patients or more here. In The gym I met an Asian girl and another person doing physio, there is a professional bandage changer, all the logistics are figured out for you. And there is always an assistant around if you need anything, it’s basically a limb lengthening center. The even change the bandages perfectly every time. It was kind of dumb staying somewhere else far away from the necessities that I need in this surgery

I did have an infection, he said it wasn’t to bad I received an injection
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 01:13:47 PM by Activatedxx »

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2021, 12:50:55 PM »

Hey bud.

@activatedXx

I hope you’re okay man. Your diary was a little hard to read I couldn’t imagine dealing with an infection on top of the sh**t we deal with everyday. Looking forward to talking to you as well. Seems that 5’7 is a cursed height huh lol. Hope you’re felling better. Talk to you soon.
Meh.

Activatedxx

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2021, 03:00:13 PM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/IMD7ysP

Hey, think I just saw you, Hope you’re doing ok , once that first week is over it gets much better

I feel 5’7 and under is short, once you hit 5’8 that is slightly under average, but not short.

This is of video of my hotel I had my wife record, I paid about 40$ usd per night and it is really nice for the price, compared to the other places. Very modern and has English channels, and it’s big, the other places were much smaller. More importantly, there is a support system here, that I wish I had since day one arranged my stay here. If you can’t afford the extra negotiate it, but don’t go lone wolf like I did. Ended up screwing myself

Edit* met many more patients here, made the time pass, hung out with them for the last few hours and talked, even if you don’t take the package I would stay here. It’s a right ecosystem this surgery is how I can describe it

Important info
It wasn’t mentioned at first but there are certain sleeping positions you must follow to avoid complications. Supposedly you can lengthen at a faster rate if you sleep flat with no pillow on your back. A few people here including assistants told me not to sleep with a pillow at night because it causes duck a$s, and not to sleep with a pillow behind your legs etc
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 03:50:27 PM by Activatedxx »

more

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2021, 04:44:17 PM »

I will come to you wait. will expose you too

Activatedxx

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2021, 05:24:30 PM »

?
No idea what you mean but okay
I don’t support this surgery and members that message me I tell them think three times instead of twice, I’m just sharing my personal experience

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2021, 06:04:54 PM »

wtf? is this a threat
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2021, 07:22:55 PM »

What is this supposed to mean, you fool? Don't take him seriously guys. He's been spamming bullsh*t all over the threads. He's mentally spoiled. he should be banned IMO.

Activatedxx

« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2021, 10:00:18 PM »

What is this supposed to mean, you fool? Don't take him seriously guys. He's been spamming bullsh*t all over the threads. He's mentally spoiled. he should be banned IMO.

Yeah, I noticed him just commenting negative on everyone’s posts in turkey.
Their are definitely some flaws, that could be fixed, but it’s been decent especially for the amount I paid. I definitely could not ever push myself to do something like this again unless it’s internal nail later down the road, but even though the method I have is uncomfortable and boring, at least I didn’t have to dump my entire savings like if I had done stryde in the USA

Activatedxx

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2021, 10:08:37 PM »

wtf? is this a threat

Lol I don’t even consider worthy of our attention

more

« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2021, 01:49:22 AM »

?
No idea what you mean but okay
I don’t support this surgery and members that message me I tell them think three times instead of twice, I’m just sharing my personal experience
Mistakenly posted .sorry it was not about you

Activatedxx

« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2021, 05:49:26 PM »

Quick update

Most comfortable bed I’ve had so far, but I haven’t been getting a good nights rest since I got my pinsite infection. It gets considerably worse at night, but today they prescribed me oral antibiotics and it feels 50% better, but not fully healed. It should be in 2-3 days right before my flight back home. if you have this surgery done your top concern after week one/two should be preventing pinsite from getting infected, because it is easy to infect (especially because when you sit on the toilet it’s only an inch from bandages) and its the only thing at the moment that causes me more than 1-2/10 pain at rest (without pain medicine except aspirin for my pinsite inflammation) hopefully once it’s resolved it will be smooth sailing, I don’t have much to complain about except discomfort at the moment, even if I can’t get in a comfortable position I’m not in pain most of the day. I could have saved myself a week+ of constant suffering from pinsite infection pain had I been more careful or stayed around the area so they can change bandages for me, i mistook it for lengthening pain since there was no discharge or physically noticeable symptons besides color/texture change to the skin around the pin.
The site will feel hot and swell up
I copied how they change bandages and double gauze wrap/soak site with antibacterial, so hopefully I won’t get anymore pinsite troubles. Before I didn’t double wrap the gauze pads and that is extremely important.

Had a physical therapy session with another patient yesterday. Therapist said I have 145 degree knee ROM (full range of motion) but before surgery my heels would touch butt, so my knee bending still has some way to go, probably will be like Pre-OP when fixators come off. I feel like my journey actually started now that I’m 3cm mark, at the surgery and first month you don’t notice a difference until 1’ inch, so once you hit 1’ it’s where you actually start feeling a new height and in the weeks that follow.

Many patients I meet here do 1.25mm a day, and some 1.5mm+, I’ve always known 1mm should be max but there are certain techniques and exercises that make it copeable. I met a German guy that does 1.75mm a day and I guess he spends like a few hours exercising/stretching per day, he is due for fixator removal in few days for 8cm, but personally I’m sticking at 1mm or 1.25mm maximum, don’t want to risk permanent nerve damage
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 06:17:44 PM by Activatedxx »

Bob

« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2021, 12:03:29 PM »

Quick update

Most comfortable bed I’ve had so far, but I haven’t been getting a good nights rest since I got my pinsite infection. It gets considerably worse at night, but today they prescribed me oral antibiotics and it feels 50% better, but not fully healed. It should be in 2-3 days right before my flight back home. if you have this surgery done your top concern after week one/two should be preventing pinsite from getting infected, because it is easy to infect (especially because when you sit on the toilet it’s only an inch from bandages) and its the only thing at the moment that causes me more than 1-2/10 pain at rest (without pain medicine except aspirin for my pinsite inflammation) hopefully once it’s resolved it will be smooth sailing, I don’t have much to complain about except discomfort at the moment, even if I can’t get in a comfortable position I’m not in pain most of the day. I could have saved myself a week+ of constant suffering from pinsite infection pain had I been more careful or stayed around the area so they can change bandages for me, i mistook it for lengthening pain since there was no discharge or physically noticeable symptons besides color/texture change to the skin around the pin.
The site will feel hot and swell up
I copied how they change bandages and double gauze wrap/soak site with antibacterial, so hopefully I won’t get anymore pinsite troubles. Before I didn’t double wrap the gauze pads and that is extremely important.

Had a physical therapy session with another patient yesterday. Therapist said I have 145 degree knee ROM (full range of motion) but before surgery my heels would touch butt, so my knee bending still has some way to go, probably will be like Pre-OP when fixators come off. I feel like my journey actually started now that I’m 3cm mark, at the surgery and first month you don’t notice a difference until 1’ inch, so once you hit 1’ it’s where you actually start feeling a new height and in the weeks that follow.

Many patients I meet here do 1.25mm a day, and some 1.5mm+, I’ve always known 1mm should be max but there are certain techniques and exercises that make it copeable. I met a German guy that does 1.75mm a day and I guess he spends like a few hours exercising/stretching per day, he is due for fixator removal in few days for 8cm, but personally I’m sticking at 1mm or 1.25mm maximum, don’t want to risk permanent nerve damage

A patient in this forum wrote this:

One small addition; use a disinfectans without alcohol (ethanol) cause this causes tissue damage which can eventually increase the risk for infections.

Kind regards

Jolien

Do you know if it is OK to use the disinfectans chlorhexidine for ~1 year when you have to wear exfix in tibia for about 1 year?

Activatedxx

« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2021, 12:48:47 PM »

A patient in this forum wrote this:

Do you know if it is OK to use the disinfectans chlorhexidine for ~1 year when you have to wear exfix in tibia for about 1 year?

They have a very good disinfectant called botiqon or something that we use. It’s a maroon colored liquid that dries up the site and prevents any discharge and infection. After you clean and bandage you can use alcohol or whatever you prefer for your skin, as long as it doesn’t get on bandage or wet the bandage only the area around it

Bob

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »

@Activatedxx
Correct me if I'm wrong. As I understand you will travel home and lengthen the rest of your lengthening. Have you thought about stay at the hotel instead where you have the "buldu team" near you and finish your lengthening there and travel home when you have your fixator removed. Wish you the best

Activatedxx

« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2021, 05:36:52 PM »

@Activatedxx
Correct me if I'm wrong. As I understand you will travel home and lengthen the rest of your lengthening. Have you thought about stay at the hotel instead where you have the "buldu team" near you and finish your lengthening there and travel home when you have your fixator removed. Wish you the best

My wife is returning for college and her birthday, so I could but it would be 45-50 days alone by myself, which I don’t think I could do mentally or I would end up quitting early of my goal. I will be more comfortable at home and have my family as a support system. I will figure out the rest later, such as returning for fixator removal. It would be better to stay for sure, but I don’t have the substance to do it at the moment, I’m already drained mentally, physically, and emotionally - to stay by myself alone for another 7 weeks is more than I can carry

took my X-rays today. I reached left femur 30.1mm and right 30.5mm
Have not received the X-ray photos yet, I just went over them with the X-ray tech earlier. When I get I will upload them to Imgur.

moretallpls

« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2021, 06:29:01 PM »

man relax its bad idea to leave as you are near the doctor and already stressed. As i understtod you are already in the hotel that they offer in the pack and where all the patients are staying and you meet them in the gym or around. Stay there get together they will have their own experiences to share and recommendations. being far from the surgeon is not good at this point. did i get it right ? are you in the same hotel where you arrived befire surgery the hotel buldu put all his patients ?

Activatedxx

« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2021, 11:02:41 AM »

The last couple days have been terrible. Before I left the doctor saw my X-ray and I had a complication with the nail and needed surgery The next morning
Show in X-ray below, 3cm gain

https://imgur.com/gallery/p7hHNPX

before and after surgery. (Right leg X-ray doesn’t count, it’s the ones that say L)
From my first X-ray I always thought the nail looked weird, and everyone said it was fine. However the distal part of the nail got stuck and is pulling the nail down and bending the pins. It looks a lot better after correction, but I’m upset having to go through surgery again. I appreciate the doctor doing it for no cost, however I wonder why the nail become like this in the first place, it always looked off from my very first X-ray.
 It wasn’t as bad as the initial surgery but I went through a lot of suffering especially mentally and also pain. They took out the nail, replaced pins and screws, and fixed the angle

The correction looks much better and straight.
I was super nervous and stressed the whole night, when I got to the hospital it seemed like a flashback of my first surgery. Finally they took me to the operating room, and I was knocked out and woke up super cold and shivering. There was high pain for the first hour after surgery. Then it subsided most of it after they gave me pain medicine in the iv. I was discharged at 9:30pm. Since the morning, the hospital pain medicine has subsided and even with me taking prescribed medicine I have been in constant around 5/10 pain level. My leg is also swelling now. It didn’t matter to me I had to make it home, I made it to the airport from Istanbul and am now in Germany, waiting for my next flight to board back home. It is an 11 hour flight. I have pain but I am pushing through it. So much got in the way, surgery before my flight, the airport workers refusing to board me at first until I got a fit to fly medical paper sent from the doctor. I felt bad I woke him up at 5am, honestly he’s a really good hearted guy as far as personality, and looks out for his patients for a lot of things

Hopefully I pray I don’t have anymore issues, if I do I might just stop early of my goal. We shall see. I also know of another patient that had the same problem recently, I don’t think it’s common but it can happen. Everyone thinks they won’t get a complication and then it happens. This surgery is a carousel of pain, from pinsite infection to complication etc. I really wish I had went with precice 2, I would have just the nail inserted and no infection or correction/frame removal extra surgieries.
Even if it’s not weight bearing, I’m very light so it would have been a much better choice. I wouldn’t be able to go through what I went through again, even if it was a free LL or I got paid to do it, I’m drained. It’s not easy, people can tell you “tough it out it’s only 45 days left”, and have no idea how tough it is to get past each day. To make it to 7.5cm or 8, it is like climbing a mountain and when you are exhausted midway you have to keep climbing still

Alot of people fear posting on the forum because it gets around to the team, but I feel that is deceptive, you should share and be transparent of your entire experience. I’m not saying anything negative, just my experiences, all of them

Activatedxx

« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2021, 12:11:49 AM »

Update, I landed, pain subsided during second flight was just constant discomfort of being cramped all day. My knees were sore and painful at rest, I massaged them. It was about a full day of flying and layover and other stuff like customs. Currently I landed an hour and half ago but I had to go through federal inspection because of my medicines, they let me go after I showed prescription and they asked some questions about my condition, I said I had a taxi accident. They lost my bag and I have been waiting a very long time now for it. I’m exhausted, very sore and cramped but I am joyful that I made it home

Apollo676

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2021, 01:32:10 PM »

Sorry for you man,it seems like you went through some insane complications,from what i read things seems to get better once you are like a month post op,pain subside a little bit i hope it will get better for you soon

Activatedxx

« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2021, 03:41:41 PM »

Sorry for you man,it seems like you went through some insane complications,from what i read things seems to get better once you are like a month post op,pain subside a little bit i hope it will get better for you soon

Yeah I was doing good then I had to have surgery again so it set me back in terms of recovery and lengthening. I lost days, and my leg is still swollen from surgery, it should subside in the next 2-3 days. At this point if anything else goes sideways I will stop at 5cm and call it a day

moretallpls

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2021, 08:00:43 PM »

Not cool mate, you should have stayed at least a week after the second surgery. Anyway, hope now all will be cool and smooth. Did doctor had explanation to all that happened ?, could you post the xray after surgery and this last one to compare. Isn't a little misalignment on the left leg? so they added more pins? my best wishes and hope you get the height you wanted. Did many patients there had complications ?

chasing_higher_dream

• Life is what you make it
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2021, 06:20:08 PM »

I am so sorry that this incident happened to you. I can 100% sympathize with you.
Though on the good side, it's good that this was found early on before any significant damage was taken by you!

I wish you a good recovery from this 2nd surgery.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - May 2021
Height (night):  170 cm --> 178 cm
Wingspan: 174 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66215.0

Activatedxx

« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2021, 07:43:23 PM »

I am so sorry that this incident happened to you. I can 100% sympathize with you.
Though on the good side, it's good that this was found early on before any significant damage was taken by you!

I wish you a good recovery from this 2nd surgery.

Thanks a lot man, I still have limited ROM in my left hip from the surgery, and bowel irritation for the past few days. Mainly I’m upset over losing days of lengthening meaning I have extra fixator time, but hopefully everything is fine now. I still have to take an X-ray next week to make sure everything is fine

moretallpls

« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2021, 10:45:10 PM »

i know you area already sick of the fixator but try to be cool and remember the most important here is patience and calm you are already in the process and in 6 months you will forget all and enjoy your new height so try to be patient. How was the relation with Buldu when the problem happened, was he supportive ? what was the explanation to the bending and the problem? What was the solution they did ? by the xray didnt seem they did nothing to the inner nail but added more pins. Please take care and remember its just some months for life change. keep us updated. Im following your diary as im planning to go to Buldu next year

Heyitsme

• Visitor
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2021, 01:36:32 AM »

If you would not recommend lon on femur, what would you recommend instead on femur and any idea what it would cost?

Activatedxx

« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2021, 03:39:21 AM »

i know you area already sick of the fixator but try to be cool and remember the most important here is patience and calm you are already in the process and in 6 months you will forget all and enjoy your new height so try to be patient. How was the relation with Buldu when the problem happened, was he supportive ? what was the explanation to the bending and the problem? What was the solution they did ? by the xray didnt seem they did nothing to the inner nail but added more pins. Please take care and remember its just some months for life change. keep us updated. Im following your diary as im planning to go to Buldu next year

There was no explanation, I don’t want to pin fault but I am making an educated guess it was not installed correctly in the first surgery. Experience doesn’t mean mistakes won’t happen, he does at least 3 if not 4 surgeries per day

Activatedxx

« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2021, 03:40:44 AM »

If you would not recommend lon on femur, what would you recommend instead on femur and any idea what it would cost?

Precice 2 is fully internal, you can’t walk with all your weight fully, only with a walker, and the recovery time is longer, but it definitely beats LON femur

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2021, 07:00:12 AM »

Precice 2 is fully internal, you can’t walk with all your weight fully, only with a walker, and the recovery time is longer, but it definitely beats LON femur

THIS.....if you can afford PRECISE 2 it’s a NO Phuckn Brainer.
Meh.

Activatedxx

« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2021, 06:00:20 PM »

THIS.....if you can afford PRECISE 2 it’s a NO Phuckn Brainer.

Yeah, after the terrible pain of pinsite infection, and taking the fixator out also is a painful process, etc dealing the femur fixator for months I would never choose this method again for femur

Bob

« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2021, 01:07:35 PM »

Yeah I was doing good then I had to have surgery again so it set me back in terms of recovery and lengthening. I lost days, and my leg is still swollen from surgery, it should subside in the next 2-3 days. At this point if anything else goes sideways I will stop at 5cm and call it a day

How much have you lengthen now? Did you see any patient who did LON tibia with Dr Halil?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up