Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have LL with Betz in January. Any tips or unexpected things to keep in mind?  (Read 163 times)

lessthanavg8300

I will be doing 5CM femur internals (possibly 4CM but most likely 5CM).  I will go from 5 foot 7 to about 5 foot 9.  I am in my early 30's and fit and healthy.

My plan is to stay a couple weeks and then fly back to the US.  I would stay during distraction which is probably safest but I know I will go crazy from boredom and isolation and my nutrition will be better at my home.  Please let me know if it is highly advised to stay for distraction from a safety perspective and a PT perspective.  My greatest fear is non-union.

If anyone has any pointers it would be greatly appreciated.

I will make a diary for others during the process.

My main concerns right now are:

1) Traveling to the facility and back (US/Germany).  Im not sure how easy it is to get there and how hard to come back with 2 broken legs.

2) The language barrier

3) Monitoring my progress in the US and knowing things are going well.

4) Should I hire a helper or will I be ok with weight bearing nails?  I can order most things to my home including groceries.

5) Is there any chance I could see family briefly (say for a dinner) 3 months after surgery or will I look like a total buffoon with a not normal walk?  I know this is different for everyone.  I plan to avoid basically everyone until I am roughly back to normal.

6) Things I have not thought of yet.

I have a call with Betz soon so I'm hoping that clears some of the questions.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 04:43:30 PM by lessthanavg8300 »
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.
Pages: [1]   Go Up