Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down

Author Topic: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja  (Read 271425 times)

Disobedient

Re: VERY FERST STEP - INDIA - Dr. Anil Raheja
« Reply #589 on: January 13, 2015, 12:06:22 PM »

hi there, and Good evening
so as I told you yesterday i had several tests, the ultrasound graph showed that I have pus collection near the knee to be more precise it's located exactly in the pins site .. although after removing frames I waited long time before I had plate fixation just to avoid such a complication.
so the plan was to have surgery this afternoon and make small incision to drain all the pus, but in the morning they noticed that the swollen decrease " the pain still there though", so they decided to have another ultrasound to see if they can drain the pus using injection, and that's what happen, it didn't take time and it was pain free, I felt littel discomfort when they gave me local anesthesia injection, so they drained almost 12ml of clear yellow liquid  ,, and they told me they will test it and they will keep an eye on it.
I'm no longer have shortness of breath nor low blood pressure or fever .. so I think it's minor thing after all .. thanks god it's not pulmonary embolus nor serious infection ..
I want my tears back  >:( >:( !!!!!!!!!!!! if I knew it would be so minor I wouldn't worry that much!

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #590 on: January 13, 2015, 12:37:17 PM »

hi there, and Good evening
so as I told you yesterday i had several tests, the ultrasound graph showed that I have pus collection near the knee to be more precise it's located exactly in the pins site .. although after removing frames I waited long time before I had plate fixation just to avoid such a complication.
so the plan was to have surgery this afternoon and make small incision to drain all the pus, but in the morning they noticed that the swollen decrease " the pain still there though", so they decided to have another ultrasound to see if they can drain the pus using injection, and that's what happen, it didn't take time and it was pain free, I felt littel discomfort when they gave me local anesthesia injection, so they drained almost 12ml of clear yellow liquid  ,, and they told me they will test it and they will keep an eye on it.
I'm no longer have shortness of breath nor low blood pressure or fever .. so I think it's minor thing after all .. thanks god it's not pulmonary embolus nor serious infection ..
I want my tears back  >:( >:( !!!!!!!!!!!! if I knew it would be so minor I wouldn't worry that much!

Hang in there - you're doing great.

Better to forgive than to regret.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:57:54 PM by Outgrown »
5"6 and proud

Disobedient

« Reply #591 on: January 14, 2015, 12:50:49 PM »

I'll be shifting within few hours to OR, cuz I had slight fever yesterday, so they decided to go ahead with the surgery.. I feel  that I'm bit fine though. well I still have some pain in my left knee..
wish me luck ..

KrP1

« Reply #592 on: January 14, 2015, 01:04:54 PM »

I'll be shifting within few hours to OR, cuz I had slight fever yesterday, so they decided to go ahead with the surgery.. I feel  that I'm bit fine though. well I still have some pain in my left knee..
wish me luck ..

hope all goes well diso! keep us informed!

Blackhawk

« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2015, 01:26:42 PM »

Good luck Diso!  Please keep us updated on how it went.

Disobedient

« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »

everything went well .. they drained all the pus out and cleaned the place, I feel burn sensation though but rather than that I think I'm fine .. I managed to go to washroom by myself .. walking in the room .. I don't feel I had surgery..like the only thing that's make it real is because I had general anesthesia and the ugly orange bandage around my knee

I have to ask  for further  details  from the doctor tmw

but I was thinking of this now . anyone who consider LL , why don't you do it for just one leg, you wont lose your mobility so it won't be hard in you also for the second leg the insurance should cover it, since you'll have leg discrepancy more than 5 cm.. hmm think about it  ;)?

God I don't believe I really had have surgery  :P

Disobedient

« Reply #595 on: January 16, 2015, 12:22:44 PM »

Hi again ..

the result shows that the fluid has no infection and it's totally clear body's fluid which is a good sign ..
so today after I took shower the dressing got wet .. so I removed them ..after I finished and all I sat down on my bed and tried to bend my knee ..
 then TA-DA .. there is a piece of rubber pop out from the new cut ... it wasn't painful .. but it looks GROSS .. I asked from the doctor to come to change the dressing , then he told me that this piece meant to be removed tmw.. and it's allow the fluid to drain out of my leg ... so he removed it , and tight the stitches ..clean the cut .. then he put bandage ..

but the scars are really nasty .. REALLY NASTY !
I managed to take few pic of this mysterious piece of   rubber , before the doctor came..

Before , I had very Very ugly scar

Now, I have VERY VERY VERY UGLY GROSS AND NASTY SCARS

I think I should've put a warning before posting the pictures :P .. but its LL forum 

KrP1

« Reply #596 on: January 16, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

yeah its very ugly, with time it will get better ,you could buy some scar creams to use when it is more healed to help in the scar recovery. silicone creams are the best for that

Disobedient

« Reply #597 on: January 16, 2015, 12:33:40 PM »

yeah its very ugly, with time it will get better ,you could buy some scar creams to use when it is more healed to help in the scar recovery. silicone creams are the best for that

ikr!!! well in the bright side I think the insurance will cover for fixing these scars since the scars are SO UGLY.. so I'll go for surgery along with laser
but I have to wait some time

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #598 on: January 16, 2015, 03:59:23 PM »

at least your leg is not going to be amputated :) a scar is nothing compared to what you were worried about :)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #599 on: January 16, 2015, 06:41:37 PM »

Looking sexy there, lady Diso,

galaxy1

« Reply #600 on: January 16, 2015, 06:47:45 PM »

I would not worry very much about the scars right now. Are you back home yet or are you still in India?

Disobedient

« Reply #601 on: January 17, 2015, 10:40:56 AM »

ForcedPuberty

yeah, I think I'm hard to please after all ..

BullSurfer

ah..! it must be because of the new scar lol  :D

galaxy1

yeah I think I'll leave sometime around my BD next month

Outgrown

• "Long enough to touch the ground" -Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #602 on: January 19, 2015, 12:51:07 AM »

I missed out on your diary due to time constraints, but I hope your progress and health are in excellent shape. If you only had one decision between lengthening tibias/femurs, which would you choose and why?
5"6 and proud

Sweden

« Reply #603 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »

I'm really angry and disappointed , I measured my height again and it's 159-158cm !!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I thought I'd be at least 161cm , since my duckass improved
YEAH I HAVE DUCKASS, AND YES MY I CANT STRAIGHT MY KNEE FULLY WHILE I"M STANDING
BUT 158-159cm REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE !! I WAS 5ft ~153cm
AND I GAINED 11CM SAY 10CM, THAT'S PUT ME AT 163CM (-2CM BECAUSE OF DUCKASS )= 161CM!
HOW IN THE EARTH I'M JUST 158!!!!!
DOES THAT MEAN I GAINED 5 OR 6CM !!!!
THE XRAY SHOWED I GAINED 11CM .. BUT IN THE REALITY I JUST GAINED 5CM !  :-\ :'( :-\ :'( :-\ :'( >:( >:(

This is normal. You don't get the height you lengthen.

I lost 2cm myself.

Just read your story up until now. Doesn't look good :( sorry to see.

Try to work hard and do lots of cycling if you can. Look in to your diet. You still look like you need to loose weight. It's easier for your body if you weigh less.

Best of luck.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #604 on: February 17, 2015, 01:11:38 PM »

This is normal. You don't get the height you lengthen.

I lost 2cm myself.

Just read your story up until now. Doesn't look good :( sorry to see.

Try to work hard and do lots of cycling if you can. Look in to your diet. You still look like you need to loose weight. It's easier for your body if you weigh less.

Best of luck.
why would someone lose 2 cm off their height vs x-ray? is it due to the angulation of the femur?
will there be such a problem with tibia cos I have not heard of such things

Taller

« Reply #605 on: February 17, 2015, 01:21:13 PM »

Women have much more angled femurs than men.

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #606 on: February 17, 2015, 01:53:21 PM »

I think it is a combination of 3 factors.

1) a lot of people incorrectly measure themselves pre LL.

2) as taller said women have much more angled femurs than men.

3) post from yellow spike.

I can already answer this because Dr G already told me. He said in some (not all) patients, after lengthening, you lose 20mm in height that you gained due to compression. That's the number he told me. That's partially why I clicked to 6.65cm on his file (though I still think I gained a bit more). I don't really care because 20mm is very negligible my goal was 2.5 inches (6.35cm).

-----------------------------------------------

I noticed something odd during my lengthening also.

my friend who lengthened never walked. he lengthened 3 cm and gained 3 cm.

I lengthened 3cm (at that time) and only lengthened 2.5cm, I walked all the time. at each turn of the device it can probably move slightly allowing for compression as you lengthen if you walk. so at the end I expect my callous to be much better compression as I think it was getting small compressions during the lengthening period as the callous was formed.

but if you don't walk then when the devices come off and the bone finally has pressure it might get compression then instead of during lengthening.

ps I have monorails so my pins cant bend. if they did I would get anatomical misalignment, which I do not have.

don't take this as gospel, it is indeed speculation. it is a hypothesis. even I don't know if it is accurate. as for gitchets patients, they seem to lengthen very fast. so even if you walk you would get minimal callous collapse(and density formation)(during lengthening) because callous can only form at such a rate, and the device moves along the lengthening plane to fast to allow the same thing to happen.

again I repeat I don't know if this is indeed happening. it is a hypothesis.

callous could become more dense if you walk and spend more time in the lengthening period, as apposed to fast lengthening and/or no weight bearing followed by frame removal.

also bear in mind kilokahns post where he stated that lack of exercise caused callous density to change where it had pockets/gaps in the callous or something, which indicate lack of callous density. (correct me if I have made a mistake im going on memory here).

a theory is better than bewilderment. could be completely different reason but at least im attempting to understand what is happening.

Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #607 on: February 17, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »

LL is not an exact science, just happy that nature gives you a second and/or third chance to grow taller. Losing a few cm is acceptable.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #608 on: February 17, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »

LL is not an exact science, just happy that nature gives you a second and/or third chance to grow taller. Losing a few cm is acceptable.

I agree!
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

ItsMyLife

« Reply #609 on: February 17, 2015, 05:43:53 PM »

accidental double-post.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #610 on: February 17, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »

There is  tape which goes around each of three rods that are lengthened. The distance from tape, to the ring, measures how long you have lengthened. Lets call this distance X. How accurate is this?

If the pins/rods/etc are bent, then is Distance X still accurate?  Or would Radiographic distance (Distance Y) be more accurate?

in other words, when I have pin bending
1) Distance X is accurate.
2) Distance Y is accurate.
3) Distance Z (the amount lengthened based on my Excel spreadsheet, with each half turn representing 0.25) isn't accurate.

is this the case or:
1) Distance X is NOT accurate.
2) Distance Y is accurate.
3) Distance Z (the amount lengthened based on my Excel spreadsheet, with each half turn representing 0.25) isn't accurate.

I find that where I am now, Distance X and Y are the same. Distance Z is 5 mm more. So I have stopped recording Distance Z.

What about the situation for compression? How does it affect X Y and Z?

Disobedient

« Reply #611 on: February 18, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »

hmm about the height loss ..

well I'm sure I was 153cm before the surgery .. I measured myself many times . and the last time was a week before I left UAE and it was in hospital .

my wild guess as taller and TRS  said it could be because angled femurs but that means I should lose 0.5cm at top. so even if I lengthened (5.5cm in femur that's mean I should deducted 0.5cm )  .

about the callus compression hmmm, I did stand couple of times but like for half n hour a day and for just about 2 weeks .. then I got those fixator removed and get plate fixtation.
so when you have plate fixtation/nail rod how the callus will compress I still don't seem to get this part, did any dr beside dr guchet claimed the same things??

I believe that I lengthened for sure 11cm, but maybe I lost some of cm when I've had cast for 8 weeks , as the callus for my femur wasn't that strong , though my doctor said when he inserted the plate , the callus was so solid and there is no way I lost any cm .

hmmm . also the knock knee could cus some cm loss, crimsontide mentioned that he lost 1 cm because of that and when he will correct his knock knee he would gain it back.

Also, Indian doctors lie a lot, so when I'll go home after two weeks I'll measure my leg again, and I'll let them measure the gap in my old x-ray...

Outgrown: with limited budget I think I would go just for tibia lengthening,  and as I have sufficient budget now  I'm planing to have second round for my femur when I reach 70-80% of recovery.

Sweden : Oh, you're alive  ;D,  well I'm still 56kg, but yeah I think I need to shed some kg ,.. I'll go for swimming when I'll  go back home.

Disobedient

« Reply #612 on: February 19, 2015, 05:06:55 PM »

Today is my birthday .. ah I feel am so so old  :-\  :-\  yet I'm so happy that I manged to live for quarter century  :o :o and so far I'm doing ok  :D

at afternoon (1pm), one if of my pt dr she woke me up for pt, but surprisingly she remembered my BD and gifted me chocolate, mug, and ash tray ,which let me think seriously that I have to start smoking    8) ;D That's really made my day.

anyway, I think I posted this before in some thread , about telling other about your LL.

5 days ago I told the guy that I/he plan to date, that I lied to him about the reason why I came to India,  it was kinda moment of truth, well I really felt so bad keeping lying to him about that and me having accident here, so I told him that I may tell the reason one day  . and he said he won't push for any info from me that I  don't want to give .

so I have to admit that was a bit of relief, but like few days ago we argued about me wanting to have nose job ( I'm sure next year I'll have it but not in India sure), and he was going on how is this thing really fake and I should accept myself ..etc,at the end he told me to  go ahead and do it if it's so important to me but he can't live with fake woman.
well from that I know , that there is noway this guy would be open about LL. :-\

so 2 days ago he started to ask me about the reason why i came to India and telling me this been wreaking in his head.. he pushed really hard to know why... although he said he wouldn't do that ..sigh!!!

so I sent a link of my diary, I really hated that feeling , I didn't feel good nor relief , all I felt that I'm really so exposed , ashamed ? 
I don't know what's the right word to use .  and I was asking myself why should I worry to be righteous and  tell about LL, if that's will  give me nothing but a very  horrible feeling ..! I should've  hide it ! and there is no way he would come to know about it , he wasn't even know that I'm in india til I told him!!!!!!

anyway, he handled the situation very well and he told me that he didn't even know it was possible to surgically get taller , and that he "changed" his mind, and he will even support me if I wanted to have nose job ! ..

I really don't buy that ! few days ago he was feeling so strong about the cosmetic surgery . how anyone could change within 10min!!!!!!!!!!! how!!!!
people don't change , and if they're ,they would take ages to change a bit !!!!!!!!!!

yesterday , we talked again about that and he said he read more in my diary, and he think I'm strong,brave ..etc
well then he said he feels that he is hypocrite for giving out the other day about cosmetic surgery, because he always hated when ppl judge him and now he is doing the same, so he told me he change a lot ..

well i still cant believe it, and I told him that, there is no way someone could change from himself that easily. and even if they think they're , deep inside they would keep their original thought, so he may look down on me. he kept saying he is not , and there is no reason for him to keep talking to me if he still

today I've just was roiling his conversation in my head , to be honest the guy handle the situation very well, and showed a very mature reaction , and I like him A LOT , so I think I just should get over myself and believe what he said .. anyway ,, what did I expect from him to say when I told him about LL ? to say there is no more me and you . honestly I was expecting such a thing, to maybe act like drama queen and ohhh the world so cruel blah blah seriously I should get over myself !

after all I think telling someone about LL maybe not be that bad idea as I thought  :)

LowerVilliers

« Reply #613 on: February 19, 2015, 05:33:42 PM »

Happy Birthday!! Thanks for advice

ForcedPuberty

« Reply #614 on: February 19, 2015, 07:04:23 PM »

happy birthday disobedient :)

as for telling the guy. hmmm interesting.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #615 on: February 19, 2015, 07:08:07 PM »

happy birthday..

mmm yeah I told quite a few people I got into an accident and they got pretty concerned... and wished me a speedy recovery.. those who came to visit me, I feel so bad, as they are so sympathetic

the truth might come to light (though I wont say)... when I am done and they realise.. hey, this guy is so much taller! haha.

my girlfriend knows about it though and is very supportive.

I think LL cannot be compared with cosmetic surgery. LL is much more difficult and requires so much bravery... I think your boyfriend/date is right to actually even love you more because you are such a brave girl who pushes for her dreams... :D

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #616 on: February 19, 2015, 08:11:07 PM »

Happy BD Diso.

Puertoricanwasp123

« Reply #617 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:23 PM »

Merry Birthday Diso.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #618 on: February 20, 2015, 02:32:01 AM »

Maybe he changed his mind because he thinks if you're willing to go through limb lengthening then there's no way he'd be able to convince you to shy away from a surgery that's much easier to go through in comparison. Either way, it's good that he's supporting you now. It's funny that you say telling someone about leg lengthening isn't that bad. I was expecting a much worse reaction than I got from relatives my mom told and a friend that I told, but they were all surprisingly supportive. I still won't go around telling people though. It might be a worse reaction if a complete stranger finds out.

Where do you plan to go for femurs when you recover more? I remember you said something about Thailand before. Are you going to give Dr Tardthong a try? :D

Hope your birthday was splendid.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Blackhawk

« Reply #619 on: February 20, 2015, 04:56:50 AM »

Happy Birthday Diso!!!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up