Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update on my knee issues  (Read 10826 times)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Update on my knee issues
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »

I visited a doctor recently and he tole me that, based on my symptoms, the subcutaneous infrapatellar bursa and/or the deep infratellar bursa may have been damaged during the nailing surgery.

X-rays were taken, and I'll update this thread if/when I learn anything more.

Taller

Re: Update on my knee issues
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 01:44:06 AM »

Did your nails get inserted through the subcutaneous prepatellar bursa or the subcutaneous  infrapatellar bursa instead of between the two?

Did he infer wheather or not the damage is reparable?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »

I don't know which of those bursae were affected since they both surround the patellar tendon, where the pain is when I kneel.

The doctor said if indeed it's the bursa then there's no fixing it.

X-rays were ordered to check for structural damage to the knee, to see if it could be caused by something else.  I hope that's the case.

joax

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »

That's the problem with internal methods. I hope you recover!

sadboy

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 05:33:35 PM »

I hope everything goes well. Good luck and keep us updated when you can.

Sweden

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »

Sorry to hear of your knee pain. I thought you were fully mobile as before.

Maybe you could make your knees stronger in the gym.

Take care.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 10:12:08 PM »

Sorry to hear of your knee pain. I thought you were fully mobile as before.

Maybe you could make your knees stronger in the gym.

Take care.

This doesn't have anything to do with mobility.  It hurts me to kneel on a hard surface, like I lost some kind of padding that the knee is supposed to have.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

I just got a referral to orthopedics based on my x-rays, so maybe it's something other than damaged bursa that can't be fixed.  That appointment is in early March.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 10:33:49 PM »

I hope the outcome is good.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 01:45:31 AM »

Just got back from the orthopedic surgeon.  It wasn't the bursae.  The final diagnosis is sensitivity upon kneeling due to scarring of the patellar tendon, like I originally thought.  He said surgery would probably only make the problem worse.

Oh well, it was worth a try to see if it was something else and if it could be fixed.

The moral of the story: don't do anything internal with tibiae.

theuprising

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 01:50:39 AM »

Just got back from the orthopedic surgeon.  It wasn't the bursae.  The final diagnosis is sensitivity upon kneeling due to scarring of the patellar tendon, like I originally thought.  He said surgery would probably only make the problem worse.

Oh well, it was worth a try to see if it was something else and if it could be fixed.

Hey MDOW that sucks but I had to let you know that it is a very selfless act what you are doing and greatly appreciated, staying on the forums and letting people know about these issues that occur long after the surgery is over.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 01:58:04 AM »

Research "Singulair", its a prescription drug used to reduce post-mammoplasty scar tissue and prevent capsular contracture. Research "Rizaben" which is only available in Japan/Korea, its prescription and used by surgeons to reduce post-op scar tissue and hypertrophic scars.

Also, cortisone and 5FU injections if injected carefully and in in low doses, under radiographical help, might be very good to reduce internal scar tissue.

Joel

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 02:47:09 AM »

sorry to hear that no steroid cycles for lean muscle gains I guess.

But you did a lot man 5'10 living the dream!
5'5 manlet of peace

maximize

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »

Based on your symptoms I would have guessed it was bursa damage as well. When most people damage/rupture their bursas, that's what they describe - extreme sensitivity to pressure. eg. When it happens to peoples' elbows, they can no longer lean on their elbows after. But it could be both that and the patellar tendon scarring.

Either way, do you get any pain when you are NOT kneeling on it? In my day to day life I can only think of a few times when I have to kneel...

Also, out of interest, how do your hips/knees/ankles feel when walking/standing compared to before your operation?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 05:15:43 PM »

Based on your symptoms I would have guessed it was bursa damage as well. When most people damage/rupture their bursas, that's what they describe - extreme sensitivity to pressure. eg. When it happens to peoples' elbows, they can no longer lean on their elbows after. But it could be both that and the patellar tendon scarring.

Either way, do you get any pain when you are NOT kneeling on it? In my day to day life I can only think of a few times when I have to kneel...

Also, out of interest, how do your hips/knees/ankles feel when walking/standing compared to before your operation?

I don't have pain when I don't kneel on it.  I have some stiffness that comes and goes but that's it.

All my joints feel fine when I walk or stand (except for the aforementioned stiffness.)  Just like before the operation.

maximize

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 05:21:19 PM »

That's good then. I would consider that a pretty good tradeoff. Unless you are in a line of work that requires regular kneeling.

Do you by any chance have full leg xrays of your post op alignment (+/- pre op xrays)? Since you did LON tibias I imagine it's pretty good.

maximize

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »

Also, MDOW, I am within 1/2" of the same starting height as you and I'm aiming for the same gain. What was your experience looking back on the journey in terms of the social and psychological benefits it has or hasn't afforded you? ie. With women? With friends/family? With work?

If you've posted this somewhere else already let me know and I'll try to look for it.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 09:06:21 PM »

I don't have any of my x-rays.  They were all film-only and my doctors have the only copies.

I think the main benefit has been a boost to my self-confidence.  I feel like it's okay to be me now; a comfort in being in my own skin that I didn't have before.  LL got rid of my Napoleon complex.  I haven't noticed much of a difference in how people treat me.

Uppland

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 11:06:54 PM »

I don't have any of my x-rays.  They were all film-only and my doctors have the only copies.

I think the main benefit has been a boost to my self-confidence.  I feel like it's okay to be me now; a comfort in being in my own skin that I didn't have before.  LL got rid of my Napoleon complex.  I haven't noticed much of a difference in how people treat me.

You said the attention from women changed a lot, didn't you?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 11:43:16 PM »

This one 5'8 chick showed an interest in me, which I doubt would've happened before, but LL has made me aware of just how important money is to most women.

theuprising

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 01:36:46 AM »

Hey mdow I have a similar starting height to you, out of curiosity what is the distance from the floor to your belly button now?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 02:37:59 AM »

42 inches.

maximize

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:48 AM »

42 inches.

Wow you must have had short legs before LL. :D Or maybe mine are just long. I'm 5'7.5" and my belly button is just barely shy of 41" from the ground.

After LL, I'll have a very high belly button lol.

I don't know why people worry about such small things. Of all the issues LL can cause, having a high belly button isn't one I worry about. ;)

I think wingspan is the only really relevant parameter. Fortunately for me, mine's about 71". Well that and tib/fib ratios.

Also, I'm honestly surprised you didn't notice a more significant change with women. Going from short to average height should have increased your percentage of viable female partners (based on their "height standards" for example in online dating) considerable. But I noticed in another post you said after your experience in China you no longer cared about "impressing Western women". Have you perhaps not bothered trying very much?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 03:29:00 AM »

Yeah, I looked a little funny before LL with my short legs.  But you've got the right idea: don't worry about the little things nobody'll notice anyway.

But I noticed in another post you said after your experience in China you no longer cared about "impressing Western women". Have you perhaps not bothered trying very much?

That would be accurate.

Taller

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »

It seems like, because of your unusually short legs prior to LL, you now have the proportions of an average 5'10 man. That being the case, it's strange that your proportions look freakish with two inch lifts on. Maybe it's because those lifts simulate an additional two inches on the tibiae in addition to the three inches you gained in Beinjing, making it look like you gained five inches on your tibiae overall.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »

It seems like, because of your unusually short legs prior to LL, you now have the proportions of an average 5'10 man. That being the case, it's strange that your proportions look freakish with two inch lifts on. Maybe it's because those lifts simulate an additional two inches on the tibiae in addition to the three inches you gained in Beinjing, making it look like you gained five inches on your tibiae overall.

I just went and put on my 2" platform boots and took a really good long look at my legs, and I'd like to retract that statement I made about looking odd in two inch lifts.  It didn't look all that bad today.

Although, I can't drive a car in those boots.  The lower legs are just too long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up