Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How has LL changed your life?  (Read 15585 times)

BilateralDamage

How has LL changed your life?
« on: March 22, 2014, 03:03:48 PM »

This question is directed towards those who have already had LL and wanted to share the positive and negative sides to LL.  I've read so many diaries but I haven't really seen a general consensus on whether LL affected people's lives positively or negatively.  Some standard questions I have in regards to this:

• Was it worth it?
  • Would you recommend your short friend/relative to do this surgery?
  • How has your life become better because of LL?
  • Is the way people treat you noticeably different?
  • And finally, do you think LL is treating a mental disorder or a true disadvantage in society?

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Re: How has LL changed your life?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »

All questions except the last are TBD in the coming months for me. As for the last question, it is most definitely a combination of the two factors. Yes, people of shorter stature are discriminated against, but probably not to the extent they interpret it to be. This in turn exacerbates into a mental game of loathing and contempt, and ultimately the person becomes their worst enemy. Such is the way of human life.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Moubgf

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 04:08:44 PM »

Lol yeah im willing to break my bones and spend   load of money to get taller ?. When i even say that to myself i can't wrap my head around what i am about to do.

But then you see dat dere potential, and off we go.

Smallguy

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »

1. No. I have x-leg (or knee knock they call it here) which can only be fixed in 1 year time.  The height increase itself is worth it but not with all the complication. That means I should have gone to a more qualified doc.

2. It depends on who they are, how desperate they are and their current height relative to the city they live in.

3. No.Income wise, career wise, women wise and sex wise are much worst than before LL.

4. Yes, height is no longer an issue for women. I always consider myself being short. But they would say, no you're not.

5. Both. I think height is associated with physical attractiveness. If being more attractive will help you, then it does. But height is just one aspect of a whole individual. There are also the face and the personality, income and a host of other factors that contribute to a good life. Also being taller has given me more confident but in a bad way. I have never argue back with management before and I seem to be more cky these days. I need to be conscious about this personal persona otherwise it will ruin me in a bad way.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:19:43 PM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

BilateralDamage

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »

Really appreciate your answer, thanks smallguy.  Also, looking forward to all future completed LLers answers (including mine).   8)

Why would you say your success with women and your sex life has gotten worse?  Has the complication affected it?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »

This question is directed towards those who have already had LL and wanted to share the positive and negative sides to LL.  I've read so many diaries but I haven't really seen a general consensus on whether LL affected people's lives positively or negatively.  Some standard questions I have in regards to this:

• Was it worth it?
  • Would you recommend your short friend/relative to do this surgery?
  • How has your life become better because of LL?
  • Is the way people treat you noticeably different?
  • And finally, do you think LL is treating a mental disorder or a true disadvantage in society?

1. Yes, LL was worth it.

2. I'd recommend doing anything and everything they could think of to improve their lives some other way first, and if they still weren't happy, only then would I recommend it.  It's an option of last resort IMO.

3. It gave me a whole new outlook on life and a type of self-confidence/self-worth that I never had before.  It became okay to be me, and I never felt that way before LL.

4. This is hard to answer.  Things are different, but is it because of my new height or my new attitude?

5. It's definitely treating both.  Tall and average people definitely look down on the short, both literally and figuratively.  The shorter you are, the worse it is.  I think some people, however, are a little too bothered by this and end up doing crazy things like spending every penny they have to get their legs broken in a 3rd world hospital.

I know a 5'5 guy who's perfectly happy with his life and wouldn't dream of sacrificing all the time and money it takes to get LL just to be 5'8.  I really envy that guy.

Smallguy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 02:55:08 AM »

Really appreciate your answer, thanks smallguy.  Also, looking forward to all future completed LLers answers (including mine).   8)

Why would you say your success with women and your sex life has gotten worse?  Has the complication affected it?

No problem. I will share my personal info with you.

Being taller (from 5'6 to 5'9) will definitely help you with girls. My confident level and success at picking up girls have increased by 50%.

However, for me, I think it's just a personal issue. I won't joke anymore and blame my sex issue on the 6 surgeries and complications I had in India.

I think as you get older (I'm in my late 20s now), you will feel more settled down and less horny. Do I really have a problem? Maybe!! But I view women more as status symbol or conversation objects now.... not as sex objects like when I was in high-school or University.

And like you know, I had issues with forgetting my ex. Maybe I need to seek psychology counseling. When I was laying in India, I told myself that when I come back home, I will try to outdo my ex. Having made so many mistakes in life, I feel like a loser. But one of my biggest accomplish during the past few months was being able to go to the gym and tone up my body. I was able to take, after 1000s shots, a pretty cool photo of myself and post it on an IM app that I and my ex used. I think it will have an effect on her. I was hoping that she will feel regretful. That is basically my life ambition at this point.

So yes, if I put an effort into sex or girls, then definitely, it will be better than before LL. Height certainly helps. I don't want to mislead anyone.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:05:52 AM by Smallguy »
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 05:42:54 AM »

Hey Smallguy,

Your x-leg can be corrected without surgery? What do you have to do, strengthen muscles?
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

BullSurfer

• Let's jazz this up!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 06:57:11 AM »

Good topic. I will post my answer in the future, at this point I'll just listen in on the hypes of LL and try to make sense of what I've juse done.

I didn't do LL for chicks, I'm older now and realized there's more to life than just impressing the opposite sex, my new legs probably can't handle all the actions, wink.

RGKEY

• just take it day by day
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 08:42:41 AM »

LL has definitely changed my life!!! especially going through the most difficults situation and coming out from it like a champ, overcoming everything related to LL directly or indirectly has change me for better. So LL has mostly changed me inside, which I think it was the whole point of doing this. I became a happier person thanx to LL. And of course with changing inside, and been more confident and positive about life people will sense you differently. I still have my frames on and still, my life is better than ever. LL has given me strength that I didnt have before, it's like a muscle in my brain which i didnt exercise before LL. In my personal case, I haven't change that much physically comparing to how i have changed in the inside. Not because Im taller but because I was able to go through all this s**t and never gas out of happiness and positivism. Kanye West had it right, what doesnt kill you can only make you stronger. LL has thought me to face my fears, to live day by day, been in the present moment, to start where I am, to use what i have, to do what i can, to realize that most of my problems happen only in my head, and that when you face fear and pain everyday for a long time, you can become indifferent to it, and keep going with your life on a higher stage of mind. Also I realized that i am a very lucky person in general))) lol
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:48:01 AM by RGKEY »
RGKEY 2.0
Original height. 163.5cms. Current height 172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13 Tibias 9 centimeters

Cooper

• If it was easy everyone would do it!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »

Rgkey, that was a great line....never gas out of happiness and positivism.
Starting Height: 160
Gained Femur: 6.9cm (Dr. Paley)
Right Tibia Goal: 5.5/6CM

IamAndrew

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 12:02:45 PM »

I think some people, however, are a little too bothered by this and end up doing crazy things like spending every penny they have to get their legs broken in a 3rd world hospital.
That made me lol hard and then despairingly sigh.

I read your quote and saw your surgery and gain is very similar to my ideal. Can I shoot you some questions some time? Or ask here?

This site should have an interview section for LL vets.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:14:18 PM by IamAndrew »
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

IamAndrew

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »

LL has definitely changed my life!!! especially going through the most difficults situation and coming out from it like a champ, overcoming everything related to LL directly or indirectly has change me for better. So LL has mostly changed me inside, which I think it was the whole point of doing this. I became a happier person thanx to LL. And of course with changing inside, and been more confident and positive about life people will sense you differently. I still have my frames on and still, my life is better than ever. LL has given me strength that I didnt have before, it's like a muscle in my brain which i didnt exercise before LL. In my personal case, I haven't change that much physically comparing to how i have changed in the inside. Not because Im taller but because I was able to go through all this s**t and never gas out of happiness and positivism. Kanye West had it right, what doesnt kill you can only make you stronger. LL has thought me to face my fears, to live day by day, been in the present moment, to start where I am, to use what i have, to do what i can, to realize that most of my problems happen only in my head, and that when you face fear and pain everyday for a long time, you can become indifferent to it, and keep going with your life on a higher stage of mind. Also I realized that i am a very lucky person in general))) lol
Your post makes me happy to see someone so proud for his accomplishment. At the same time it makes me feel petty for being unhappy with the start height that you struggled so hard to achieve. It really proves that the desire for LL is a subjective experience that has more to do with one's perception of height, and how they feel about it, more than any arbitrary number. I guess most would say, "Duh!", to that observation and it's one I knew for a long time, but it really just hit me there.

If I could feel the way you do right now I wouldn't ever consider spending all my money and months of time to break my legs in a 3rd world country. It's all about the feels.... 

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:26:08 PM by IamAndrew »
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

RGKEY

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 05:27:34 PM »

Yes Andrew it is all subjective))) it doesn't matter what others say. In my case I really needed this experience for reasons beyond height))) my 9cms for most people is an objective result, and standing@ 172 means different for different people. But for me it goes much more far than that. I've grown so much more inside and learned about my self, you have no idea)) now, that is priceless and my true reward of leg lengthening))) If anyone have the chance to grow internally and externally and at the same time allow your self to enjoy amazing experiences as I did, that is winning all around)) and make you a very lucky person))
RGKEY 2.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »

That made me lol hard and then despairingly sigh.

I read your quote and saw your surgery and gain is very similar to my ideal. Can I shoot you some questions some time? Or ask here?

This site should have an interview section for LL vets.

Hi Andrew.  I have my own thread in the Information About Limb Lengthening section of the board for people to ask me questions.  Feel free to post them there:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=99.0

Or you can send me a private message if your questions are too personal to share with everyone else.

Smallguy

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 06:55:09 PM »

Yes Andrew it is all subjective)))

Hey RGkey. I saw a lot of tall people who are dissatisfied with themselves. Height is just one ingredient for attraction and maybe it's not their only reason for being unhappy.  From my experience, I met a lot of people at the guesthouse who like to blame their height. But I would advise them to do other things to improve their life (eg. Hair implant)

Right now, you have the good-looks, which few people on this forum have (just joking). And you are good at talking with women and you approach closer to average height. 180cm in my opinion is perfect but life is hardly ever perfect. Just as long as you're close to perfect then that's good enough. If you come back home, a lot of men would love to be in your shoes....

Check out the 170cm guy in the video. If I could have just 20% of his success with women, then I could be satisfied.

RGKEY

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »

Yes, I agree with a lot of what you say about looks and height. And well about women, I remember a time when I wasn't that great with women. I hated the fact that I wasn't the awesome guy I think I am when I met beautiful women. I was a fool ((( so I decided to change that even before my LL, and gladly I did and I realized I didn't need height to date models or just amazing women in general. All I needed was to be my self. When you are true to your self and you have the social understanding and tools to comunicate who you are and what you want without being creepy people in general are attracted to you and feel comfortable around you. My ex girlfriend said she never dated anyone below 185cm haha and there I was at 163 with her))) 
Looks help but not as much as people think. I have really model looking guy friends dating average women, and they can't believe the type of women I date))) now days I care very little about my women's look. I care more about the connnection between us))) I realized that everytime im making out with a girl or having amazing sex I don't really notice what they look like. Btw, right now im cuddling with a nice girl and it feels good!!! And honestly I can't really tell wat she looks like lol but I like what she feels like lol just improve your self as much as you can. Im trying also to do that. But I must confess I think is a dangerous game to depend your mood or the way you feel too much on your looks. Sometimes I look my self in the mirrow and I think I look like s**t and somehow my mood gets down and I become more introverted and not as pump as I usually am. This is when I think that looks can be a dangerous game. Because im aware how much importance and giving it to it. And when it comes to the oposite sex men are a lot more visual than women. For instance,  if a gorgeous woman offers her self for sex to a man most men will say ok lets go, but if a handsome man aproaches most women for sex most of them will say no. Women don't value looks as men do. Of course there are always exceptions but who cares about that. Men value sex, women value romance))))  "People value what they can't easily have" and also rmember that words is only 15% of our communication.  Most of our communication happens subconsciously,  and that's when height helps because it gives yo u that confidence that you did not have before))

Being in Russia I have confirmed 2 things: you don't need much talking to connect with someone and you definitely don't need looks to attract women. I look like a robot now with my frames and a homeless with my  ty ripped pants and still was able to get numbers of regular women. So literally I am a handicap hooking up with some not handicapped pretty girls lol some funny s**t

here is a pic i handled to take just now lol

http://i.imgur.com/BdeGT7cl.jpg

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:58:31 PM by RGKEY »
RGKEY 2.0

Smallguy

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 02:29:24 AM »

LOL. Nice picture. I feel like we are in different league. I have no picture to show you. The most I have is a picture of some short-legged girl's stocking. You're way ahead of the game :D

Yeah, I agree. That's the problem when I stay indoor to much. I only concentrate on the ideal but have very little sense of reality. Reality is very different from what we imagine it to be. Most girls would prefer a guy who would treat them kindly. Like you said, as long as you are not creepy, weirdo, or nerdy.... or really bad looking, which most of us aren't, then we should be able to get something.

red1

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 07:09:19 PM »

Yes, I agree with a lot of what you say about looks and height. And well about women, I remember a time when I wasn't that great with women. I hated the fact that I wasn't the awesome guy I think I am when I met beautiful women. I was a fool ((( so I decided to change that even before my LL, and gladly I did and I realized I didn't need height to date models or just amazing women in general. All I needed was to be my self. When you are true to your self and you have the social understanding and tools to comunicate who you are and what you want without being creepy people in general are attracted to you and feel comfortable around you. My ex girlfriend said she never dated anyone below 185cm haha and there I was at 163 with her))) 
Looks help but not as much as people think. I have really model looking guy friends dating average women, and they can't believe the type of women I date))) now days I care very little about my women's look. I care more about the connnection between us))) I realized that everytime im making out with a girl or having amazing sex I don't really notice what they look like. Btw, right now im cuddling with a nice girl and it feels good!!! And honestly I can't really tell wat she looks like lol but I like what she feels like lol just improve your self as much as you can. Im trying also to do that. But I must confess I think is a dangerous game to depend your mood or the way you feel too much on your looks. Sometimes I look my self in the mirrow and I think I look like s**t and somehow my mood gets down and I become more introverted and not as pump as I usually am. This is when I think that looks can be a dangerous game. Because im aware how much importance and giving it to it. And when it comes to the oposite sex men are a lot more visual than women. For instance,  if a gorgeous woman offers her self for sex to a man most men will say ok lets go, but if a handsome man aproaches most women for sex most of them will say no. Women don't value looks as men do. Of course there are always exceptions but who cares about that. Men value sex, women value romance))))  "People value what they can't easily have" and also rmember that words is only 15% of our communication.  Most of our communication happens subconsciously,  and that's when height helps because it gives yo u that confidence that you did not have before))

Being in Russia I have confirmed 2 things: you don't need much talking to connect with someone and you definitely don't need looks to attract women. I look like a robot now with my frames and a homeless with my  ty ripped pants and still was able to get numbers of regular women. So literally I am a handicap hooking up with some not handicapped pretty girls lol some funny s**t

here is a pic i handled to take just now lol

http://i.imgur.com/BdeGT7cl.jpg

How did you do it (get better with girls?) Any advice

RGKEY

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »

How did you do it (get better with girls?) Any advice

It is a painful process in the beginning.  A lot of rejection until you get use to talking to pretty much anyone. I honestly had live couches who helped me tp get all the information I needed.I even got to teach some guys on how to aproach women and escalate romantically. But I can tell you that for me this process was as painful if not more than LL. A quick tip I can give you to get girls:

Learn basic social skills. Meaning how tp have normal conversations.
Don't be needee or apologetic
Be your self
Allways move foward. Escalate, be physical
Close the deal (ask for the number, get a kiss, just go for it)
Don't let your fear for rejection stop you from anything
RGKEY 2.0

red1

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 05:26:59 AM »

It is a painful process in the beginning.  A lot of rejection until you get use to talking to pretty much anyone. I honestly had live couches who helped me tp get all the information I needed.I even got to teach some guys on how to aproach women and escalate romantically. But I can tell you that for me this process was as painful if not more than LL. A quick tip I can give you to get girls:

Learn basic social skills. Meaning how tp have normal conversations.
Don't be needee or apologetic
Be your self
Allways move foward. Escalate, be physical
Close the deal (ask for the number, get a kiss, just go for it)
Don't let your fear for rejection stop you from anything

Thanks, do you know of any good resources for help with this?

RGKEY

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 06:37:40 AM »

yeah, all depends where you are, im from new york,

i can suggest

search for:

in the beginning do adam lyons and when you get better search for Justin wayne he master romantic connection)))
RGKEY 2.0

wannabetaller

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 08:37:39 AM »

Just be urself and be self confident,girls like that  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up