Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 241850 times)

programdude

Im absolutely not saying I didn't do the stretches. However I didn't have a family member there to stretch me every day, or a personal assistant. As I've said, if I could change something, it would have been to bring a friend to help stretch me during the process in addition to doing the personal stretches.

I dedicated a large amount of time to stretches/PT in the pool, solo ones, and never missed a PT session at the center. I was told explicitly when I had my consult that it was possible to do it this way and one complaint I have about going to Paley was how ok they were with me doing it solo before I paid, and how one of the PA's acted after I had paid when I said I was doing it solo.

However, when I finished lengthening I was told my range of motion was fantastic for 8 CM, which is proof my stretching regimen was working for mostly everything.

5 8 is a fine height, and I never really faced heigh discrimination(unless you count dating websites where people will post height preferences). I was successful, had quite a strong social group, and a robust sex life at 5 8. The problem was mostly just internal.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

DoingItForMe

Im absolutely not saying I didn't do the stretches. However I didn't have a family member there to stretch me every day, or a personal assistant. As I've said, if I could change something, it would have been to bring a friend to help stretch me during the process in addition to doing the personal stretches.

I dedicated a large amount of time to stretches/PT in the pool, solo ones, and never missed a PT session at the center. I was told explicitly when I had my consult that it was possible to do it this way and one complaint I have about going to Paley was how ok they were with me doing it solo before I paid, and how one of the PA's acted after I had paid when I said I was doing it solo.

However, when I finished lengthening I was told my range of motion was fantastic for 8 CM, which is proof my stretching regimen was working for mostly everything.

5 8 is a fine height, and I never really faced heigh discrimination(unless you count dating websites where people will post height preferences). I was successful, had quite a strong social group, and a robust sex life at 5 8. The problem was mostly just internal.
I think you said that you had a caretaker for a week and then fired her? How long do you think you actually needed it for now that you can look back? A month? 6 weeks?

Glad to hear that 5'8 is a fine height to live a great life. At 5'5", it's a different type of story (even though I'm very successful, and have a great personality according to many strangers). I think at 5'7" and below for a guy, you start feeling the discrimination. 5'8 is somewhat of a maybe (which is why I asked you). And then 5'9 and above, nobody notices. 5'9-5'11 is probably the ideal height - the goldilocks zone.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

G-Man

Welcome to the forum DoingItForMe, I hope you will share your ll journey with us! :)

Don't mind Melan_sprint's weird behaviour and comments.  He did too much mushroom and now he sees reflective dogs in a hall of mirrors, so to speak ;)

Melan_sprint

Welcome to the forum DoingItForMe, I hope you will share your ll journey with us! :)

Don't mind Melan_sprint's weird behaviour and comments.  He did too much mushroom and now he sees reflective dogs in a hall of mirrors, so to speak ;)

Hes right, i say out there stuff sometimes...just ignore me when im in my weird zone.

DoingItForMe

Thanks and I will create a diary. Reading the diaries were very helpful, and I'd gladly pay it forward with details of my own journey. I used to be part of the old forum under a different username back in 2013. After reading all the diaries, I decided against LL, and chose to accept being short, since my life wasn't that bad at all. But two years later, I'm still thinking about, because I still get discriminated against because of my height. I'm worried about missed opportunities in the future because of my height. I know for sure that in the past, I've missed a lot of opportunities because of it. Also, I wear shoe lifts, and I did notice a change in how people treat me. This was the affirmation I needed, and I don't want to wear shoe lifts my entire life. I also notice that I look more proportional when I'm on my tippy-toes. I'm quite bulky and have thick arms/legs/shoulders/chest. I booked a consultation with Paley back in March. He was booked until early May. That's when I will see him for the consultation and schedule my surgery hopefully in late June or early July.
Link to my experience

programdude

I don't think I needed a caretaker so much as just someone to stretch me daily and especially over the weekends. It starts off with you being pretty loose(in my case, in some others they were excruciatingly tight) and creeps up on you if you aren't getting constant stretching.

Below 5 8 I do agree is where there are some real problems. On one hand it is hard for me to advocate this surgery as it is insanely expensive, brutal, and consumes so much time. On the other the benefits are incredibly tangible, even going 5 8-5 11, having people remark and comment on my height is great, and I can imagine going from a height that garners very real discrimination to about average is an even greater feeling.

My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

DoingItForMe

I don't think I needed a caretaker so much as just someone to stretch me daily and especially over the weekends. It starts off with you being pretty loose(in my case, in some others they were excruciatingly tight) and creeps up on you if you aren't getting constant stretching.

Below 5 8 I do agree is where there are some real problems. On one hand it is hard for me to advocate this surgery as it is insanely expensive, brutal, and consumes so much time. On the other the benefits are incredibly tangible, even going 5 8-5 11, having people remark and comment on my height is great, and I can imagine going from a height that garners very real discrimination to about average is an even greater feeling.
You mean you wished you had someone to stretch you daily for 3 months? I'm asking because I only planned to have someone close to me help me out for about a month, but the next two months I'll be alone in the hotel (same one as yours probably). Is it possible to do the stretches yourself or something?

It already feels great wearing shoe lifts that bring me to 5'7" (well, actually more like 5'6.5" if everyone else had .5" shoe soles). So I can't wait to be 5'8" and wear some shoe lifts to bring me to 5'10" or so. Money and loss of time isn't an issue for me. The risk of long-term pain is a risk I'm willing to take, but I hope you make a recovery, because your diary is a constant reminder of that risk. If you recovered, I'd be more relieved. I'm rooting for ya, man! I'd much rather hear about the benefits and noticeable differences now that you're taller. Since you have been both 5'8" and 5'11", you actually have a way to compare the two. Sorry if this question is too personal, but do more girls talk to you or seem more interested in you? Or are there not much differences?
Link to my experience

programdude

Girls were already pretty interested in mine, and are outright blunt about liking my height. One girl I've been with since has said she hated how the guy she dated before was short and it was great I am tall, another said I could be christian grey because of my height. The girls in florida even when I was crippled who knew what I was doing would keep saying how perfect my height was for them now. One who hadn't seen me until I returned said she loved "how big I was now". So in short, yes they are much more enthusiastic, incredibly so.

A friend for the full time is what I recommend.

Uppland

Girls were already pretty interested in mine, and are outright blunt about liking my height. One girl I've been with since has said she hated how the guy she dated before was short and it was great I am tall, another said I could be christian grey because of my height. The girls in florida even when I was crippled who knew what I was doing would keep saying how perfect my height was for them now. One who hadn't seen me until I returned said she loved "how big I was now". So in short, yes they are much more enthusiastic, incredibly so.

How tall are women in Florida, as I understand they're quite short?

programdude

The ones lengthening their legs fairly. The average woman not very, probably around 5 5.

Melan_sprint

lol, whoever is remotely tall is christian grey in the eyes of the female 13 year old brain.

Uppland

lol, whoever is remotely tall is christian grey in the eyes of the female 13 year old brain.

Not really, programdude is probably both handsome and with a certain je sais quoi to warrant such a comment.

DoingItForMe

Girls were already pretty interested in mine, and are outright blunt about liking my height. One girl I've been with since has said she hated how the guy she dated before was short
:) Sounds like you're much happier now. Congrats!
Link to my experience

programdude

I didn't lengthen to impress women, since I wasnt having trouble there before- But its definitely nice and goes to show how differently people perceive you. Still no one but the original seems to have noticed despite me not being 100% which is kind of what I expected.

DoingItForMe

I didn't lengthen to impress women, since I wasnt having trouble there before- But its definitely nice and goes to show how differently people perceive you. Still no one but the original seems to have noticed despite me not being 100% which is kind of what I expected.
But you ARE much happier now, right? I'm hoping that this surgery will make me feel better about the way I look. I can't stand looking at myself at full length mirror, because I don't like the way I look. Hence my username "Doing It For Me". Is this the same reason why you're doing it?
Link to my experience

tallerbetter

Yes, girls love tall men above everything else.

programdude

My legs need some bulk before I look natural in a mirror when in boxer briefs or something, but in clothes I look more proportional than before.

Even around people significantly taller than me, it no longer is something that makes me feel short, I'm perfectly happy in my own skin.

I never think about being short, where before it was a problem, and reap the benefits with women I previously mentioned which is nice. So yes, despite being not recovered I am happier. This would change if I stopped making improvements in my looseness, leg strength, and strides, but it seems to be a winning battle at this point.

mini_me

• Visitor

You mean you wished you had someone to stretch you daily for 3 months? I'm asking because I only planned to have someone close to me help me out for about a month, but the next two months I'll be alone in the hotel (same one as yours probably). Is it possible to do the stretches yourself or something?

It already feels great wearing shoe lifts that bring me to 5'7" (well, actually more like 5'6.5" if everyone else had .5" shoe soles). So I can't wait to be 5'8" and wear some shoe lifts to bring me to 5'10" or so. Money and loss of time isn't an issue for me. The risk of long-term pain is a risk I'm willing to take, but I hope you make a recovery, because your diary is a constant reminder of that risk. If you recovered, I'd be more relieved. I'm rooting for ya, man! I'd much rather hear about the benefits and noticeable differences now that you're taller. Since you have been both 5'8" and 5'11", you actually have a way to compare the two. Sorry if this question is too personal, but do more girls talk to you or seem more interested in you? Or are there not much differences?

What shoe lifts are you wearing?
Where do you buy them or do you buy elevator shoes?

I tried some shoes a few years ago but they weren't comfortable and the lifts only add about an inch inside.

DoingItForMe

What shoe lifts are you wearing?
Where do you buy them or do you buy elevator shoes?

I tried some shoes a few years ago but they weren't comfortable and the lifts only add about an inch inside.
Ah, I've been wearing lifts since high school. I can help you here. Back then, I used to stuff socks under my foot to get taller. That's how desperate I was to not be the shortest male in my senior class. I don't recommend that method at all. What you want is a type of gel. Anything hard will be painful. If you go on eBay, and look up "shoe lifts", you will find a lot of listings for this black multi-layered shoe lift with this red air-cushion on the largest layer. The layers fit like lego pieces, smelled oddly like strawberries, and they ship from China. I think I paid $8 for them or something really cheap like that. This is what I use, and it's pretty comfortable. Now you just got to find the right shoes. For me, boot cut jeans are almost a must. You have to cover up the fact that the soles of your feet are very close to the top of your shoe. I've tried Timberlands and other boots. Some were okay. Some were very painful. The painful ones are the ones that don't give you much leeway where the laces are. What you want to do is go to your shoe store (preferably one of those warehouse ones where people don't bother you), and just bring your shoe lifts and test them out. There should be no area that feels tight with the lifts in. If it feels tight in any one spot, then it's going to rub your skin all day long and you will get blisters.
Link to my experience

programdude

Things seem to be going better. Strength, pains, and posture/tightness all improving.

Still not jogging around the block, but I see it in the near future at this point.

DoingItForMe

Good to hear, buddy. I'm still waiting for the day you tell us that you're fully recovered.
Link to my experience

programdude

It might be awhile before I say fully. But compared to where I was mere weeks ago I am doing much better.

MiniM

• Visitor

It has been 9 months op, how do u find about ur scocial, body conditions?

Do u recommend people to do both tibias and femurs three weeks apart just to save the time and cost as well as long term pain. Get hard pain at once

Because Uve been through the surgery and stay there so I thought somehow u might kno things cnt be found on the website

bluebarbie

It's great to hear that u are doing better and recovering. :)
Keep it up.
Latn with Dr Sarbjit Singh(Singapore)
Surgery dates: first (10.01.2015), second (16.07.2015)
Lenghtening finished (01.05.2015)
Starting height 145cms, Goal 7 to 7.5cms
Achieved 7.9cms. Lenghtened 8.4cms so lost only 5mms on second internal nailing surgery.

programdude

Not really sure what you mean by social body conditions?

sadboy

I'm glad you are improving but I cannot believe you said your legs need to become more bulk to seem natural still... It's been like a whole year almost since you did your LL. I know the surgery is not easy but this is just frustrating.

Do you go to the gym? Can you even work out?
Does your body or legs look skinny?

programdude

I workout, leg press, extension, glute exercises no problem. My legs are quite strong, with my left being slightly weaker due to the pain it was suffering.

When I say I need more size for things to look well, its mainly because my torso is well, jacked. I just look like I skip leg day now. If I were scrawny and bulked down my legs would look fine.

sadboy

Oh I see... Well when did you start working out your legs after surgery? After how many months?

theuprising

When will you return to your modelling career?

programdude

I'm already making money and would say my walking is around 85-90% now. MASSIVE improvements once you actually start being able to walk decently.

I started lightly working out legs probably three months ago, or whenever I said in my diary, but have been upping the intensity each week.

programdude

Walked and jogged a bit on the treadmill. Its weird jogging and not having the same strength and confidence in each stride at settings I used to destroy, and having poor endurance, but I am going to drill myself with it along with my numerous leg days each week which seem to have done me a lot of good.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Up