Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 241933 times)

Alittletooshort

Hey Programdude,
Idk if this has been asked already, what do you think about your proportions right now?
What wingspan do you have?
I wish you the best of luck with your further recovery!
Cheers!

programdude

I don't have measurements, but my wingspan was very long before surgery in comparison to my height and is now much better. This was an added bonus of doing the surgery.

As I am convinced building my glutes and strengthening my legs is the key to recovery, I'm going to start doing half hour walks every night. I did my first yesterday and it went quite well. I'd imagine a few weeks of that and I can add jogging around the area to the regimen- and then should finally be close to 100%.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

YellowSpike

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to walk at least 30 minutes, but closer to an hour every night after I'm done with work. It sucks and it's tiring and still a bit painful, but it's getting better, and I know I have no choice. I carry my crutches with me just in case I get too tired or have to go up stairs (left leg is almost fused but not quite, so still need the crutches for stairs).

Definitely do not regret my decision one bit, even though recovery has been the most frustrating part in this process.

Alittletooshort

So you think you will be able to get back to 100% of your pre op-level?
I'm asking this because 100% after 8cm's of lengthening simply sounds too good to be true. It would be awesome though haha
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:36:13 PM by Alittletooshort »

programdude

I don't play sports so yes I think I will get to what I'd consider 100%. The progress so far has gone from a standstill to monumental(A month ago for my long outing I was in really bad limping shape, and now I am striding along, not getting tired for awhile, and I am sure as I make a habit of it my legs will strengthen up, especially in conjunction with my workouts.
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

programdude

Walking is exponentially improved. Have been walking miles every day. Endurance is still a bit of an issue, with fatigue setting in fast, but this is improving. I still remember when I could barely lurch around the corner within eyesight of my house not so long ago. Now I can walk with my friends fine for large distances. My walking my friends noted was basically back to normal, even looking for it. Carrying weights in the gym is easier by the day. My jogging is still not very good at all.

Only real complaints though are 1. The pain still present in my lower left femur in front. 2.There is a bit of a click, that feels like muscle rubbing against each other or something. Its pretty irritating sometimes, and I think due to tightness in my hip flexor or weakness in my glutes.

Uppland

Walking is exponentially improved. Have been walking miles every day. Endurance is still a bit of an issue, with fatigue setting in fast, but this is improving. I still remember when I could barely lurch around the corner within eyesight of my house not so long ago. Now I can walk with my friends fine for large distances. My walking my friends noted was basically back to normal, even looking for it. Carrying weights in the gym is easier by the day. My jogging is still not very good at all.

Only real complaints though are 1. The pain still present in my lower left femur in front. 2.There is a bit of a click, that feels like muscle rubbing against each other or something. Its pretty irritating sometimes, and I think due to tightness in my hip flexor or weakness in my glutes.

How long was it since your bones fused?

programdude

Around 3 months I think

programdude

Jogging is still pretty crap today. My right upper hamstring/glute area has been getting pretty tight from extended walking. The clicking in my right hip when my leg goes back persists.

Other than that things are good as I reported earlier. Gym, pretty long walks, and store trips are no problem.

sadboy

Jogging is still pretty crap today. My right upper hamstring/glute area has been getting pretty tight from extended walking. The clicking in my right hip when my leg goes back persists.

Other than that things are good as I reported earlier. Gym, pretty long walks, and store trips are no problem.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Are you satisfied with how your body is right now? I'm sure you lost fitness after this surgery... Did you gain it back?

Taller

What pant inseam do you wear after LL?

programdude

I'm jacked in my upper body, and am at about my pre LL weight. I will be extremely satisfied with how I look once I get my ass and legs some size, as right now it looks like I skip leg day. I can take long walks, like I did today for about an hour or more straight. My jogging I still need some more size and stability I feel before I can do respectably. I can have sex in almost all positions, other than doggystyle which feels weird at the moment, which is a bit of a bummer since a lot of my partners do like it. I actually got my first comment on my long legs as a girl was trying to do this position where she arches her back up. When she had trouble she touched my leg and sort of ran her hand up it and was shocked by their length, but not really in a negative way.

Every time I get annoyed by something though, the new height does make up for it to be honest. The whole family has commented on how tall I am, joking that I'm taller than the tallest uncle in the family. With almost every girl theres been some kind of height comment, one talking about her short ex, another who's first words to me were "You are as tall as you said you were!". And these countless moments add up. Now my size and strides much more match my charisma and how I feel about myself. I still don't feel great about my size, and ideally will bulk up another 30 pounds, a lot of it on my legs and ass. I would estimate than in 4 months I will be huge and barring anything thats being caused by the device, at 100%. I think I will be around 90% much sooner though, as every leg workout and walk is a vast improvement.

alps

who are all these girls you speak of, dude? you must be a millionaire.

sadboy

The guy is hot, as he mentioned he is a model.

Other than that, thank you for replying to us programdude.

It's a shame that after so long you are still not satisfied with your legs and ass, I hope you achieve your goal. For me that was my main concern, legs and ass... How f-ing frustating.

Uppland

You planning on posting some videos once your running recovers?

YellowSpike

I think we need a username change for this guy - Playboydude.

In all seriousness, I share many of the same frustrations as PD does, although I don't think I'm too far behind from where he is now. I can walk a good amount before getting very tired. Waddling is now under control, but I still sway my hips. When I get tired, then the walking looks funnier. I believe I will be able to tackle this quickly once I can get back to the gym and start weight training again. My legs aren't crazy thin, but they look thin compared to where they were, especially because I have naturally thick/muscular legs. I've been trying to eat healthier (I let that go for a while), but don't want to eat too many calories until I'm back to working out. My upper body looks about the same (chest/arm size have been mostly retained), just need to cut some body fat, while building back my legs. I will get there.

I'm also frustrated with my ass lol that seems to be something all internal femur patients go through. One girl said it was fine, but I know it's not as good as it used to be. I'm hoping that once I'm back to walking to my normal routine and I can do weight training again, it will start to come back. I'm hoping that since my legs/ass were naturally big, that will help me in getting them back eventually.

programdude

Lol, I do pretty well but don't think thats what catches their attention. My number of sexual partners has pretty much gone down since surgery though, as not counting the ones in Florida, I've only slept with about 8 in the past two months.

I may post videos, but I am not making promises. I almost certainly will post pictures though. My life will basically just be the gym, eating, resting until I am at a better place. I intend for my legs to be much stronger than ever, and much bigger even with the added length. I think the long femurs will look great with serious muscle filling them in.

I've gotten comments about my butt being cute too, but for both practical and aesthetic reasons I want it much better.

Alittletooshort

Daaamn son 8 chicks while not even being fully recovered, pretty impressive   ;D
Wish you all the best with your recovery!

alps

Lol, I do pretty well but don't think thats what catches their attention.

what then? model's body?

Also, I'm curious about your line of work. I wish I could chill out and do LL like you, being self employed.

programdude

I am not gonna go too much into what I do, but yes for the most part I can relax. But don't get me wrong, I have definitely been making less than I could be due to LL.

And yes my body/face are more of a draw, seeing as its usually clear I won't be spending money on them, and many don't know my financial status, car aside.

sadboy

Have you ever done any other sort of cosmetic surgery? If it's OK with me asking this. You do not need to reply to this.

programdude

Nope, the only other thing remotely cosmetic was getting invisalign to fix minor misalignment.

maximize

Reading this thread just reminds me how much I wish I was handsome. Being ugly sucks. Being short and ugly sucks worse.

Good looking people truly have a completely different experience of life.

programdude

I can't disagree. When I was younger I wasn't particularly good looking, and really grew into my looks and the difference in how I was regarded was immense. The worlds a superficial place which has only become clearer after lengthening my legs with the ridiculous amount of comments on my height, and also the opening up about the importance of height in conversations now that I am tall.

YellowSpike

I have to agree with PD's sentiments. It kinda makes me sad how superficial this world is sometimes, because there is more to a person than just their looks. When I was younger, I was always told I was "handsome" but I never believed it. I was always short, and a bit chubby as a kid. I got girls in college, but that was all random luck/drunken bar hookups. I had a girlfriend for half of my 20s, but it wasn't until my mid 20s when I started doing my hair a certain way, did Invisalign for my teeth, whiten my teeth, and really worked on my fitness did things get good. And after all that...I realized that my height was a huge hindrance.

Coming up to 5'8" from a little over 5'5" has made huge difference, even though I'm still not tall at all.

The difference between men and women...we as men don't care why girls like us, we just want them to like us. As such, we have to bust our asses in all facets of our life...our looks, career, education, personality/charm...the whole bit. Only then can you access a decent dating pool.

Tyler_Durden

• Visitor

I can't disagree. When I was younger I wasn't particularly good looking, and really grew into my looks and the difference in how I was regarded was immense. The worlds a superficial place which has only become clearer after lengthening my legs with the ridiculous amount of comments on my height, and also the opening up about the importance of height in conversations now that I am tall.

Hey man , how is your recovery going?
you didn't update long time ?
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

programdude

Well, I am doing pretty decently. I do think I will need the hardware removed for close to 100% though, which I am not too happy about. Gluts still need strength but leg size and power is really coming back. Harder to fill in the size on the legs now that they are ridiculously long, but its starting to show, at last.

Funny thing is I had someone from the local gym privately ask me if I did LL, and that he had been considering it for a long time. Only the second person to actually notice what I did, even though all my family members are joking about how I'm 6 feet tall now.

Uppland

Well, I am doing pretty decently. I do think I will need the hardware removed for close to 100% though, which I am not too happy about. Gluts still need strength but leg size and power is really coming back. Harder to fill in the size on the legs now that they are ridiculously long, but its starting to show, at last.

Funny thing is I had someone from the local gym privately ask me if I did LL, and that he had been considering it for a long time. Only the second person to actually notice what I did, even though all my family members are joking about how I'm 6 feet tall now.

Huh, did you ask him how he could tell, also how tall was he?

programdude

Well, he goes to my gym so he saw me in bad shape when I got back. Then much taller when I stood up. I had told him I broke my legs when he asked before, so I think he did the math seeing as he was someone who already knew a lot about it. He was familiar with my pre op height.

He is around 5 5

CBixler

• Visitor

How is running coming along PD?

programdude

Pretty crap still. Think I am gonna need the hardware out to be honest.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21   Go Up