Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: natural height growth at the age of 22, male  (Read 10077 times)

Xaime

• Visitor
natural height growth at the age of 22, male
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:54:34 PM »

Hello there!

I am a newbie here. I just want to ask you something. Last time I noticed I am not very high, 171 cm at evening, I am nearly 22 years old, male. Is there any  possibilties to gain, lets say: 3-4 cm in height in a natural  way. By saying natural I mean obviosuly no surgery involved , just proper diet, stretching exercises (for example cycling),lsjl, medic (glucosamina etc.)?
What do you guys think?
Other think I want to ask you is degarding my height. Do you think that 171 cm is really short for a male in Europe?

Thank you for your response.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: natural height growth at the age of 22, male
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »

1.No
2.Depends on the country.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 04:34:12 PM »

1.No
2.Depends on the country.
Hello there!

I am a newbie here. I just want to ask you something. Last time I noticed I am not very high, 171 cm at evening, I am nearly 22 years old, male. Is there any  possibilties to gain, lets say: 3-4 cm in height in a natural  way. By saying natural I mean obviosuly no surgery involved , just proper diet, stretching exercises (for example cycling),lsjl, medic (glucosamina etc.)?
What do you guys think?
Other think I want to ask you is degarding my height. Do you think that 171 cm is really short for a male in Europe?

Thank you for your response.

I think your height is lower than average for sure

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »

No way to grow naturally at that age.

For Europe I think so but why ask? If you don't feel short, be happy.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 05:49:22 PM »

So what is the maximum height growth to be expected?
I can  honestly say that in the morning I am legit 173 cm high, so maybe by proper training with taking glucosamine etc. I could make my morning height mantain longer. The other positive fact is that we grow until 25 age, I mean in the age of 22-25 we are still growing in torso. About legs, there is scientifically proven that LSJL (Lateral Synovial Joint Loading) method can make our legs longer by even few centimeters.
Hope is the last to die!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 07:23:25 PM »

We don't know that. You can grow or not height is basically a genetic lottery.

And what's the point of all that stretching, taking glucosamine etc. that will give you maybe 1cm at absolute best? Especially that as soon as you stop doing it you will shrink back?

If you are alright with yourself get the hell out of this forum and never think about it ever again.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 08:31:55 PM »

Nah, I am rather ambitious, and I don't like things I can't affect. Tha gain in height due to stretching and taking glucosamine is suppossed not to be temporal, as it is said.

Peaceout

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 09:29:46 PM »

No way to grow naturally at that age.

For Europe I think so but why ask? If you don't feel short, be happy.
+1

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 07:48:21 AM »

What's your height considering yourself unhappy about that?

positivehero

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 02:36:17 PM »

there is a video on youtube, how to grow taller naturally and it got 4 millions views.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 02:45:54 PM »

ya, but the question is that anybody checked in on his own? Did you? I am interested in LSJL practice. Anybody managed to grow using LSJL technique?

onemorefoot

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »

Hidden height is an estupid concept, If you are more o r less inversion tables just work for some time and after that the effect disappear.But at 22 is possible to gain an inch yet.
Budget will determine my future.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »

There is no magical way of growing taller except LL.

Practices like LSJL will only lead you to early osteoporosis.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 11:29:48 AM »

nah, how do you know this?

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 11:36:26 AM »

Do you think so? 2cm is very optimistic, but It is said that we grow nearly until the age of 25. Stretching torso just may speed up this process.
For me it is big difference between 171 and 175. Maybe form other people perpective it is not, but I think 175 is not considered as short, just average.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »

nah, how do you know this?

Homemade ways of integrating into bone structure will only lead you to problems.

Do you think so? 2cm is very optimistic, but It is said that we grow nearly until the age of 25. Stretching torso just may speed up this process.
For me it is big difference between 171 and 175. Maybe form other people perpective it is not, but I think 175 is not considered as short, just average.

Sometimes it happens but very rarely.

You can't "speed up" the process, you grow as much as your genes allow you to. Unless you have hormonal problems or various syndromes you probably grew to your full "potential" already.

Accept it and move on.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 12:23:46 PM »

I don't think so. There are many factors that determine our final height, for example genetic, environment, nutrition, activity. 100 years ago people were shorter, why? Cause genetic? No, it is nearly the same all the time and the difference reach up to over 10 cm

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 12:42:53 PM »

So why average height is stable now in most of the countries? You even know what are you comparing to?

Just by knowing that you have internet connection i can guarantee you that nutrition and environment had no negative effect on your final height. Tbh even in 3rd world countries there are tons of very tall people and they live in total poverty eating absolutly nothing.

Activity plays aswell almost nothing, there are tons of people i know personaly that were playing video games eating only chips and they are above 6'.

I just hate people that will blame almost EVERYTHING for "stunting" their height. No imbeciles, not eating your veggies didn't make you not hit your dream 6 foot, your genes did.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »

If somebody is tall this doesn't automatically mean that he couldn't be even taller. There were always high people everywhere, even 200 years ago, but we can't conlude by 1 person the average height.. which for sure had increased a lot by the recent years. It's just a fact.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-much-of-human-height/

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 01:14:03 PM »

He is taller than his father and waaay taller than his grandfathers so i have right to believe he reached up to his full height "potential".

Tbh my best buddy from school is like 6'2, training muay thai, kickboxing and eating very healthy and...... he is the shortest male in his family.

And i'm not concluding anything based on 1 person, im just giving you an example. You are living in times where nutrition is not a problem anymore(at least in developed countries).

Besides still you didn't answer why average height is stable.

Think about it, im living in a country which belonged to infamous USSR, poverty everywhere. Average height back then was like 5'6-5'7 but after communism fall? Jumped really fast to almost 5'11 and never moved even a cm.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 01:45:05 PM »

After communism overall height jumped, because it affected a lot of people in a short period of time. It is obvious. After communism overall height just averaged by all the people in the country, and no doubt there are local fluctuations on plus and minus, but the final effect is just zero.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »

Mostly because there was way more food and bigger quality of life which after few years basically came very close to first world standards.

Which just confirms that if you are living in a developed country the main(and probably the only) factor are your genetics. And comparing our quality of life to third world countries and times when war was in every corner is just ridiculous.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »

nah, for me that height increase bomb after communism fall  obviously says that our height is very strong correlated to other factors, of course genetic is the 60-80%. Now the average conditions are stable, then the average height is stable. Right after communism fall, there was an increasing tendency in the average conditions, so the average height of population exploded up.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »

And the allmighty "average conditions" are what then? Not your pushed before nutrition and quality of life?

Because you try to excuse your "stunted" height with what now?

If you were living in an average first world family there is absolutly no freakin way nutrition or whatever the hell you will come up now did anything to your height(except mentioned before hormonal problems or various syndromes).

I just don't know what are you going for now. I basically said this:

Mostly because there was way more food and bigger quality of life which after few years basically came very close to first world standards.

Which just confirms that if you are living in a developed country the main(and probably the only) factor are your genetics.

And you disagree with this:

nah, for me that height increase bomb after communism fall  obviously says that our height is very strong correlated to other factors, of course genetic is the 60-80%. Now the average conditions are stable, then the average height is stable. Right after communism fall, there was an increasing tendency in the average conditions, so the average height of population exploded up.

Where i said that if you live in a developed country(with your great average conditions or whatever the hell you want to call it) genetics are playing the main factor(and as i said, probably as the only one) how tall you will be(because you will have no negative factors of lack of nutritions or bad quality of life).

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 05:25:24 PM »

I think that genetic play the major role, but our environment have impact on final height, thats all.

Even the twin brothers may differentiate in height about 2 cm.

onemorefoot

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »

In the past when nutrition was bad people were usually shorter, now nutrition is at its peak ( I dont think that in the future we could eat even better by economical conditions, I think it has reached its peak) the prove is that in USA the average hasnt increased in 100 years, in Netherlands, however, height has been increasing, so maybe I am wrong and nutrition in 1 world can be inproved yet.But even in that case genetics is 99 at least you are in extreme conditions, what usually doesnt happen anymore.
Budget will determine my future.

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 07:36:30 AM »

It is very hard to determine the contribution of nutrition to total height. I think it can be +-5 cm. It is not so few. The best example is Michael Jordan, who is 196 cm tall, and nobody in his family reached 180 cm. Genetic should not have allowed him to grow so high.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:02:45 AM by Xaime »

Xaime

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »

Read here http://hnrca.tufts.edu/chao-qiang-laiph-d/

In developed country, gentic play 80% role, epigenetic 20%, in poor countries as China and Africa epigenetic can reach up to 40%. It's science, not my personal opinion.

Bander72

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 07:58:57 AM »

Very unlikely you will gain any more height and if you did it would not be a lot.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

The Kaiser

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 04:15:09 AM »

get an Xray and see if your bone fused or not yet (i believe it is). Yes you can fix your height by some excersises for your posture but you will not gain more than 0.5 cm, and if you have 50 years old posture you may add 1 cm at max

myloginacct

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2018, 07:45:47 PM »

Stretching exercises are worth it (specifically stretching, not sports). Most people dissing them did not try spine stretching exercises every day, for at least a week, before and after bed. Your back ends up feeling a lot better in the long run too.

I'll see if glucosamine makes any difference for me. Not expecting anything over 0.25cm, as per what was related to me in a thread.

But in general, don't expect anything more than 1cm out of stretching. 1cm, to me, is worth it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up