Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me find the right doctor for my situation  (Read 7914 times)

jeromeharrison25

Please help me find the right doctor for my situation
« on: May 14, 2017, 04:14:31 AM »

Hey guys im 17 and a 5'8 male. I dont even knkw if im old enough to do the surgery yet but anyways I live in the USA and ive been really down about my height for over 4 years and today i had the last straw so i need to do something about it. The only issue is that i cant afford the crazy expensive doctors like paley or rozbruch. I dont wanna go overseas to an unlicensed doctor from india or something where theyll break your legs for a sack of potatoes but i need something thats around 30 to 40k and is safe. If youve read this far thank you so much and any help will be greatly appreciated!

taieruya

Re: Please help me find the right doctor for my situation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 05:01:31 AM »

You're pretty young and could probably grow a tiny bit more. 5'8 is a solid height, I would just keep saving up a little bit of money and see where you're at in a few years. Maybe you won't care anymore, or maybe you will.

Either way, for that price I don't know if I can recommend a doctor from the states, you would likely do well in Italy from what I hear, maybe even Dr. Birkholtz in South Africa.
Hoping to do LL in 2019 or 2020.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 05:10:37 AM »

Thanks for the help and i havent grown in 2 years so i am for sure finished (which has been confirmed by doctor) and i have been really upset and haunted by my height for the last 4 years so I know i wont have a change of heart in the next few years. But you maybe going to italy would be the best bet if i cant do it in the states. Itd be really hard to travel though especially not even being legally old enough yet

AlphaFrog

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 05:48:35 AM »

You're "haunted" by your height? Jfc, you're 5'8" not 4'8", quite being such a damn p*ssy. I don't even know you and I'm embarrassed for you when I read that nonsense.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 05:56:16 AM »

Well i mean if u want me to go into more detail im a junior in high school and i get super bothered by the girls who are 2 years younger than me and taller than me walking by everyday and teasing me for being short. And i have a huge passion for basketball and i happen to be really good on account of the fact that literally everytime i play (no exaggeration) people always ask "dang kid what school do u go to" "how old are you" "do u play basketball" etc and when i say im a 5'8 17 year old theyre like damn your short if only u were taller you could play in the nba. I never really realized it was this severe until the last few years i would go to the park and see 7th and 8th graders tower over me. And i am 100% sure this surgery is my only option

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 06:19:29 AM »

And anyways im not here to hear anyone tell me how stupid i am or how good my height is im just here to find the best possible doctor that is affordable and safe for me and i greatly appreciate all who help!

Bander72

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 06:32:15 AM »

Well i mean if u want me to go into more detail im a junior in high school and i get super bothered by the girls who are 2 years younger than me and taller than me walking by everyday and teasing me for being short. And i have a huge passion for basketball and i happen to be really good on account of the fact that literally everytime i play (no exaggeration) people always ask "dang kid what school do u go to" "how old are you" "do u play basketball" etc and when i say im a 5'8 17 year old theyre like damn your short if only u were taller you could play in the nba. I never really realized it was this severe until the last few years i would go to the park and see 7th and 8th graders tower over me. And i am 100% sure this surgery is my only option

Even if you got 6.inches from the surgery you would never play in the nba. This surgery affects you permanently and you won't be the same athletically again. Also you act like you're in the Netherlands. I doubt a vast majority of girls in your school are really taller than you.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Bander72

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 06:38:40 AM »

This also dependson how much height you want. You seem like the type that wants at least 3 to 4 inches so your best best is in Russia. With Dr barinov you could probably pay 30k total for all expenses possible.

Body Builder

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 11:38:39 AM »

Do external only in Italy with Catagni, one of the most respectables doctors in the world, for less than 30.000 dollars with accomondation.
You have no better solution with the money you have and of course you can't do it in usa.

Finally, forget basketball after it. You'll become more attractive but less capable (from not much to a lot if things don't go well or lengthen more than about 6cm) in sports.
After all, if you are so good even in the height you have now you can play professionally basletball. Isaiah Thomas is not more than 5.9.

The Kaiser

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 11:49:01 AM »

Hey guys im 17 and a 5'8 male. I dont even knkw if im old enough to do the surgery yet but anyways I live in the USA and ive been really down about my height for over 4 years and today i had the last straw so i need to do something about it. The only issue is that i cant afford the crazy expensive doctors like paley or rozbruch. I dont wanna go overseas to an unlicensed doctor from india or something where theyll break your legs for a sack of potatoes but i need something thats around 30 to 40k and is safe. If youve read this far thank you so much and any help will be greatly appreciated!

put this in your mind, this surgery is risky, weather you did it with Paley or anyone else. Paley, Betz, Guichet and any other doctor have a bad outcome, If you know about complications and you read enough then wait to become adult and risk on your own, Good luck

Bander72

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

Do external only in Italy with Catagni, one of the most respectables doctors in the world, for less than 30.000 dollars with accomondation.
You have no better solution with the money you have and of course you can't do it in usa.

Finally, forget basketball after it. You'll become more attractive but less capable (from not much to a lot if things don't go well or lengthen more than about 6cm) in sports.
After all, if you are so good even in the height you have now you can play professionally basletball. Isaiah Thomas is not more than 5.9.

If he goes with Catagni he will have to to the traditional method which will be close to a year in frames. Unless he doesn't care about his family seeing his frames he gonna have.to stay in Italy. So it would be more than 30k there.

Knik

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »

If he goes with Catagni he will have to to the traditional method which will be close to a year in frames. Unless he doesn't care about his family seeing his frames he gonna have.to stay in Italy. So it would be more than 30k there.

it's like 6 month, but how expensive is life in Italy ?
I guess you could easily live 6 month in Italy with 10k, I hope at least
Looking for Pili

Body Builder

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »

There is absolutely no reason to stay in Italy or anywhere else away from your home when you stop lengthening.
For 6-7 cm someone needs about 3 months for tibias so after that he can goes home to finish consolidation.

So for surgery with externals only and 3 months stay in Italy 30k is more than enough.

Bander72

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »

There is absolutely no reason to stay in Italy or anywhere else away from your home when you stop lengthening.
For 6-7 cm someone needs about 3 months for tibias so after that he can goes home to finish consolidation.

So for surgery with externals only and 3 months stay in Italy 30k is more than enough.

You wont be working so you will have to have more money saved up or own your house and if you dont have either you have to live with your family. Many which would flip at seeing you with the frames. I guess it will depend if they are tolerant but thats usualy for the people that are extremely  short.  Its much easier to say you were in a car acidde t if you dont have those frames on.

Bander72

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »

it's like 6 month, but how expensive is life in Italy ?
I guess you could easily live 6 month in Italy with 10k, I hope at least

6 months lol. I am refering to staying there for the whole process until frames are removed.

Body Builder

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 03:23:29 PM »

You wont be working so you will have to have more money saved up or own your house and if you dont have either you have to live with your family. Many which would flip at seeing you with the frames. I guess it will depend if they are tolerant but thats usualy for the people that are extremely  short.  Its much easier to say you were in a car acidde t if you dont have those frames on.
I wrote how much money he will need for surgery and accomindation until lengthening.

Everything else, if he stays with family or not and all these are irrelevant and concerns every patient individually.
30k are more than enough for externals in Italy everything included.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 03:47:25 PM »

Thanks for all the input guys! Now my parents already know about my plans to do this and one of them supports it so they can help me out too but i still have to go to high school for another year and they probably wont let me go around with externals so does anyone know someone around the same price range who does good internals?

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »

Ive heard monegal and guichet do good internals (guichet especially bc apparantly u can lenghen up to 4 inches) but im not quite sure on their prices

Thatdude950

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 05:05:44 PM »

If you do this you can forget about playing basketball at a decent level. You won't be the same afterward. This surgery isn't like a boob job or liposuction. It's years of recovery and then permanent weakness with potentially catastrophic complications if it goes poorly

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »

Ive read many stories of patients returning to damn near if not equal to their previous athletic state so i know its entirely possible for me to do the same

AlphaFrog

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2017, 05:29:10 PM »

And look at situations like Musicmaker or Unicorn, or hell even people who seemed to do well at first but had problems down the line with other things. You're a moron dude.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »

And look at situations like Musicmaker or Unicorn, or hell even people who seemed to do well at first but had problems down the line with other things. You're a moron dude.

Look i aint here for people to try to convince me not to do it thats gonna be damn near impossible lol. I get really good grades in school so i am 100% confident that by the time im 24 (i will have had a full time job for 2 years) i will be able to pay for this surgery from the top doctors. The only issue is that i CANNOT wait 6 and a half years to get the money to do that so now is my only option

Body Builder

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2017, 05:40:06 PM »

Ive read many stories of patients returning to damn near if not equal to their previous athletic state so i know its entirely possible for me to do the same

It is not only up to you.
Doctor and luck plays a bigger role than you most of the times.

Also, with the money you mentioned you can't do internals anywhere in the world.
So you should have more than 50 k budget to find a budget doctor for internals or stick to externals with the budget you mentioned.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »

It is not only up to you.
Doctor and luck plays a bigger role than you most of the times.

Also, with the money you mentioned you can't do internals anywhere in the world.
So you should have more than 50 k budget to find a budget doctor for internals or stick to externals with the budget you mentioned.
Im around 30k and i can get to 50k relatively quickly but the only person i know who does good work for that cheap is dr guichet but he works in europe and for the time being i will only be able to do it with a doctor in america so thats what im trying to find. I read the one patient was able to do rozbruch for 50k but im not sure how he was able to bc his price is usually closer to 100k

google42

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 06:13:16 PM »

Im around 30k and i can get to 50k relatively quickly but the only person i know who does good work for that cheap is dr guichet but he works in europe and for the time being i will only be able to do it with a doctor in america so thats what im trying to find. I read the one patient was able to do rozbruch for 50k but im not sure how he was able to bc his price is usually closer to 100k
Do you have medical insurance? If you have insurance and you live in the United States then the price for rozbruch ( maybe other doctors also) can be reduced by a good amount. That's how the guy who's currently doing ll with rozbruch got his price reduced. Check with the doctor and your insurance company to make sure what's covered and what's not.

If you can go to rozbruch for 50k then I say go for it.

Body Builder

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2017, 07:12:17 PM »

Guichet with everything included will cost you about 100k dollars, no way 50k.
And this doctor has many issues, no way he is in the level of Paley or Rozbruch.

Anyway if you read the forum carefully you can see how the doctors charge and from diaries you can see better who is really respectable or not.

End of discussion for me.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 07:23:49 PM »

Do you have medical insurance? If you have insurance and you live in the United States then the price for rozbruch ( maybe other doctors also) can be reduced by a good amount. That's how the guy who's currently doing ll with rozbruch got his price reduced. Check with the doctor and your insurance company to make sure what's covered and what's not.

If you can go to rozbruch for 50k then I say go for it.
I do have med insurance and thank you for the information! If i can get rozbruch for 50k id do it in a heartbeat

Bander72

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 11:06:52 PM »

Im around 30k and i can get to 50k relatively quickly but the only person i know who does good work for that cheap is dr guichet but he works in europe and for the time being i  only be able to do it with a doctor in america so thats what im trying to find. I read the one patient was able to do rozbruch for 50k but im not sure how he was able to bc his price is usually closer to 100k

Guichet is far more than 50k and his device is more painful than precise. Also read unicorns diary she has had so many complications and guichet is not forgiving. He will keep charging and expect you pay. She said she is near 100k in total cost know. The south african doctor had a good reputation so  I would recommend him.

The Kaiser

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 12:25:50 AM »

Guichet is far more than 50k and his device is more painful than precise. Also read unicorns diary she has had so many complications and guichet is not forgiving. He will keep charging and expect you pay. She said she is near 100k in total cost know. The south african doctor had a good reputation so  I would recommend him.

At least its weight-barring if you care about work as soon as possible, and LLSouth had it not that painful as you imagine

Bander72

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 12:38:46 AM »

At least its weight-barring if you care about work as soon as possible, and LLSouth had it not that painful as you imagine

He says its not as painful but many have said that it hurts and of course it is with all the clicks you have to do. Tell me if precise was full weight bearing what would be the reason to go to guichet? Not to mention that guichet is a horrible human being. So I would definitely not go to a doctor thats not on the same level as rozburch or paley but will charge the same and treat me like garbage. I think i would take my chances with mongeal know before going to guichet.

jeromeharrison25

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 01:15:57 AM »

He says its not as painful but many have said that it hurts and of course it is with all the clicks you have to do. Tell me if precise was full weight bearing what would be the reason to go to guichet? Not to mention that guichet is a horrible human being. So I would definitely not go to a doctor thats not on the same level as rozburch or paley but will charge the same and treat me like garbage. I think i would take my chances with mongeal know before going to guichet.
But dr guichet can get up to 4 inches on one segment i dont think monegal can
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up