Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to judge whether you haven't wasted your genetics or not?  (Read 568 times)

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
How to judge whether you haven't wasted your genetics or not?
« on: September 20, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »

I have heard of hereditary height formulas and if your height is excessively deviated from the final result(like your height is lower than the result by more than 5cm),you can be perceived as a genetics waster.

However the hereditary height formulas are based on a very few sample amount with only some dozens of Finnish children instead of those from developing countries such as China,India.So they are not adapted to these countries.

I applied one of formulas for my hereditary height and it counted out '166.5cm',which is a moderate value for my genetics and also I'm 162cm,not very much deviated from genetics though.But I'm a millenial in China so it's very likely to get taller than it which is always perplexing me why I can't reach taller than it since I've been eating and drinking well as a metrocitizen.

But my intergenetics are poor cuz my maternal grandma is 146cm and my paternal grandma is 143cm tall.I guess I've inherited from their genetics and that's the key of this myth.

As well,I heard from anonymous users that if you can't tower over your mother by 15cm or so,you are a genetics waster.

Body Builder

Re: How to judge whether you haven't wasted your genetics or not?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:51:31 PM »

As well,I heard from anonymous users that if you can't tower over your mother by 15cm or so,you are a genetics waster.
And thats a plain non scientific bs that of course is not true.

Exxon

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 01:38:14 PM »

I have heard of hereditary height formulas and if your height is excessively deviated from the final result(like your height is lower than the result by more than 5cm),you can be perceived as a genetics waster.

However the hereditary height formulas are based on a very few sample amount with only some dozens of Finnish children instead of those from developing countries such as China,India.So they are not adapted to these countries.

I applied one of formulas for my hereditary height and it counted out '166.5cm',which is a moderate value for my genetics and also I'm 162cm,not very much deviated from genetics though.But I'm a millenial in China so it's very likely to get taller than it which is always perplexing me why I can't reach taller than it since I've been eating and drinking well as a metrocitizen.

But my intergenetics are poor cuz my maternal grandma is 146cm and my paternal grandma is 143cm tall.I guess I've inherited from their genetics and that's the key of this myth.

I'm definitely a genetics waster thanks to my   teenage years, didn't grow an inch after age of 12. Father is 5'11, brother 6'1 and sister 5'7 (equivalent to 6ft for male)

Sorcerer

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 01:59:21 PM »

And thats a plain non scientific bs that of course is not true.
I'm also doubting about this bs cuz we don't know his investigated sample amount and his observating accuracy.
Accrording to his principle,10 20 30s children will become giants at 2.5m in adulthoods.

Sorcerer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 02:01:06 PM »

I'm definitely a genetics waster thanks to my   teenage years, didn't grow an inch after age of 12. Father is 5'11, brother 6'1 and sister 5'7 (equivalent to 6ft for male)
Then you are really a genetics waster since you didn't grow taller anymore after 12 and generally speaking,if you are a Chinese,(horrendous industrial hormones invovled in teenagers' diets in China),you could've grown taller and taller and finally ceased until around 17-18.

ilovescience

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 04:10:46 PM »

Then you are really a genetics waster since you didn't grow taller anymore after 12 and generally speaking,if you are a Chinese,(horrendous industrial hormones invovled in teenagers' diets in China),you could've grown taller and taller and finally ceased until around 17-18.

On some occasions, men ceased around 20s or late 30s. Doesn't happen a lot though.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 07:19:03 AM »

I'm just wondering how that worked, seeing that you said you did drugs, barely slept and ate one meal a day. Did you parents never try to intervene? What about doctors or teachers?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Exxon

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 09:40:13 AM »

I'm just wondering how that worked, seeing that you said you did drugs, barely slept and ate one meal a day. Did you parents never try to intervene? What about doctors or teachers?

I don't know how to explain it, my relationship between my parents was not normal. I never fought with them but I never spoke to them a lot. They had grown older because of raising my brother so they did not have enough energy left for me. My sister however did speak to them because she's naturally more of an extrovert. I was the total opposite. They did not know who my friends were, what my personality was and what I liked. I was so distant from them. I think it was neglect and carelessness but partially my fault too because I never said anything and addressed my problems and due to this growing up my parents did not really worry about me. It's extremely difficult to explain and I don't expect people on this forum to understand it.

I rarely talked to my siblings because we just can't stand each other. In High school I was a nobody and quite unpopular so teachers wouldn't give a   and I told my friends but realistically speaking they couldn't do anything. Doctors? I didn't go to the doctors for a very long time because my parents never suspected anything and as I said previously they didn't care too much about me and I never expressed my wishes to them.

I eventually was able to do stuff by myself once I was around 17. I didn't need my parents as a middleman for me to get diagnosed because in my country you're allowed to apply for the national healthcare services at that 15 (but I came to be aware of this at 17). I went to a doctor myself and did an x-ray, they told me my plates have fused and the last time my parents took me to the doctors was at the age of 12. They told me my height recorded back then was 169.5 (it was on their system) and now it was 170. Honestly the doctor had such a nice vibe so I doubt my height was fully 170 and she didn't want to make me upset so she rounded it up. She informed me that I dropped so many percentiles in height and I couldn't do a HGH treatment because they only do it for children that haven't gone through the puberty process.

Trust me it was not easy to digest. I was so sad and furious for like 2 months, and till this day I still haven't fully accepted what happened.

My stature wasn't due to my poor genetics but rather a mix of neglect and a poor lifestyle. I was also a coward and spoke to no one about it because it would be "weak" and boys are supposed to be stronger than that and deal with everything themselves.

The day of the X-Ray results came,

"Sorry Audous, but it is unlikely you will ever gain another growth spurt as your bone age appears to be 19 years old but you are the age of 17 years and 1 month. Is there anything else you'd like to ask me?"

I replied "No, that's fine". I obviously wasn't fine.

That statement the doctor said will stick with me forever; the day at the doctors office will be something that I'll never forget. Caused me lots of pain from the already gone pain I was dealing with.

Sorcerer

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 10:13:22 PM »

I don't know how to explain it, my relationship between my parents was not normal. I never fought with them but I never spoke to them a lot. They had grown older because of raising my brother so they did not have enough energy left for me. My sister however did speak to them because she's naturally more of an extrovert. I was the total opposite. They did not know who my friends were, what my personality was and what I liked. I was so distant from them. I think it was neglect and carelessness but partially my fault too because I never said anything and addressed my problems and due to this growing up my parents did not really worry about me. It's extremely difficult to explain and I don't expect people on this forum to understand it.

I rarely talked to my siblings because we just can't stand each other. In High school I was a nobody and quite unpopular so teachers wouldn't give a   and I told my friends but realistically speaking they couldn't do anything. Doctors? I didn't go to the doctors for a very long time because my parents never suspected anything and as I said previously they didn't care too much about me and I never expressed my wishes to them.

I eventually was able to do stuff by myself once I was around 17. I didn't need my parents as a middleman for me to get diagnosed because in my country you're allowed to apply for the national healthcare services at that 15 (but I came to be aware of this at 17). I went to a doctor myself and did an x-ray, they told me my plates have fused and the last time my parents took me to the doctors was at the age of 12. They told me my height recorded back then was 169.5 (it was on their system) and now it was 170. Honestly the doctor had such a nice vibe so I doubt my height was fully 170 and she didn't want to make me upset so she rounded it up. She informed me that I dropped so many percentiles in height and I couldn't do a HGH treatment because they only do it for children that haven't gone through the puberty process.

Trust me it was not easy to digest. I was so sad and furious for like 2 months, and till this day I still haven't fully accepted what happened.

My stature wasn't due to my poor genetics but rather a mix of neglect and a poor lifestyle. I was also a coward and spoke to no one about it because it would be "weak" and boys are supposed to be stronger than that and deal with everything themselves.

The day of the X-Ray results came,

"Sorry Audous, but it is unlikely you will ever gain another growth spurt as your bone age appears to be 19 years old but you are the age of 17 years and 1 month. Is there anything else you'd like to ask me?"

I replied "No, that's fine". I obviously wasn't fine.

That statement the doctor said will stick with me forever; the day at the doctors office will be something that I'll never forget. Caused me lots of pain from the already gone pain I was dealing with.
I'm deadly sorry to hear that and I'm taking pities on you mate.But it seems like you've indeed done something in the past to premature your growth cuz normal bone age around age should be 17,at best 18,still can't obtain more than 1cm growth though.But every short guy has ever experiencde such agonies that they were told that cannot grow anymore even far earlier than you and that's why I daren't have X-rayed my growth plates until today.It's become an obvious truth that I've been already unable to grow anymore now that I haven't grown for 3 yrs.

Also one-child family and multi-children family have their own advantages and disadvantages:the former means more concentrations but more burdens,the latter means less concentrations but less burdens.But I think parents are playing more roles in raising children and that's why child rearing is so important that it can really destory a potiential genius.

Actually my family is not decent 'one-child family',where my mother adopted an older sister,and yeah I can feel my parents' bias towards me and I think that's why several months ago my sister even called my mom 'b**tch' just bc my mother didn't borrow her enough money and her personalities were screwd up.But I'm not hating her cuz I'm understanding what she's ever experienced so far,such as not being picked up after school as a pupil,less living supports than me and so on.

Terrible adolescent and grown-up lives you know..

But one thing you can do is to move your ass for LL and say fk to discriminators about your height.

Sorcerer

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 10:14:12 PM »

On some occasions, men ceased around 20s or late 30s. Doesn't happen a lot though.
They are more impossible than winning a lottery I think LOL

ilovescience

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 12:08:30 AM »

They are more impossible than winning a lottery I think LOL

It does happen. Check out this video.

Sorcerer

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 03:40:52 AM »

It does happen. Check out this video.

Dude he got certain kind of abnormal growth hormone disorder and you cant juxtapose yourself with him.
Orthopaedists are universally consenting that few males can grow any millimeters after 17-18 and that's the truth.Do never think you are that lucky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up