Limb Lengthening Surgery > Limb Lengthening Doctors

Dr HALIL BULDU - Limb Lengthening Surgery in Turkey

(1/57) > >>

offline:
Dr. Halil Buldu is one of the most experienced Orthopedic Surgeon based in Istanbul/Turkey.
His patients appreciate the warmth, professional integrity, and open communication that define his medical practice. He is always determined to help his patients, understand their health, so they can be well informed when making important health decisions.
He is one of the most experienced surgeon about leg bone and bone deformities, because of his military backround. Also during Libyan Civil War(Started 2012 and still continues) he saved more than 2000 soldier’s legs and foots while his service in Istanbul.
He still receives private and wounded patients from Libyan Ministry of Health because of his high experience in orthopedic surgeries. Also he is invited to many Tv (Channel D, TV8 etc.) for interviews about Limb Lengthening surgery and its features&risks.
You can watch his interview from this youtube link:

EDUCATION
Hospital for Special Surgery, Hand Surgery Dep. (2008)
Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine,
Orthopedics and Traumatology AD. (2006)
Utrecht University, Orthopedics A.D. Holland (2005)
Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine Cerrahpasa (2000)
EXPERIENCE
Florence Nightingale Hospital (2006)
Agrı Military Hospital (2006-2007)
Horasan State Hospital, Erzurum (2007-2008)
Memorial Hospital, Sisli (2008-2013)
Istanbul Cerrahi Hospital (2013- 2017)
Private Clinic (2017-)

Will i have Pain during Lengthening Period?
Other than pain right after your surgery; Answer is NO! Lengthening procedure will be done 4 times a day which will be equal to 1milimeters. So due to its small size, human body can easily adapts to lengthening and pain won't occurs as expected.

What are the risks associated with leg lengthening surgery?
The patient must know this, there is no 100% risk free surgery in the world. Some of the risks; Surgical, Anesthesia, Blood clot (embolism), Infection, Joint stiffness, Circulation disorders or pain due to nerve tension. These symptoms may happen in very low percentages but patient must know it before making a decision about getting this surgery. Tiny infections on the exhausts of the nails are seen in many patients and it is quite treatable without causing serious problems.

Who CAN NOT have Lengthening surgery?
People who has Blood Clotting Disorders,​ HIV/AIDS, Active Infections and BDD (Body dysmorphic disorder is a mental disorder in which you can't stop thinking about one or more perceived defects or flaws in your appearance). Also people who can not fulfill its responsibility during lengthening period.

What kind of leg lengthening surgery methods exist?
There are Ilizarov, Holyfix, LON, Precice, STRYDE methods which are used in limb lengthening surgery. LON is currently the most preferred method by our patients because of its short recovery time and low price.

Which method is included to your package price?
Answer is LON. ​LON means Lengthening Over Nail. A combination of two devices, an internal and external device. Our LON package features;

Lengthening Surgery for both legs (Femur or Tibia)
All necessary medications after surgery
All necessary examinations and tests
5 Days of hospital stay (All Meals Included)
10 Days of hotel stay for 2 person
10 Sessions of Physical Therapy during hotel stay
Airport Transfers
Total Cost is 16000EURO

How does LON Method work?
During the 1st stage of the surgery, an intramedullary nail is inserted into the bone and an external fixator device is attached to the leg from outside. During the lengthening period, the intramedullary nail prevents angular deformity. When lengthening is completed, the external fixator can be removed with the completion of the internal fixation (screw insertion). This method was a groundbreaking development compared to the original method that only involved the use of an external fixator. Even today, many limb lengthening surgeons worldwide use this method.

How many centimeters can I gain with leg lengthening surgery ?
For cosmetic reasons, it is preferable not to lengthen over 6-8 cm per segment. We believe that safety needs to come first. There is no point in trying to lengthen 10 cm per segment. If a patient desires to lengthen 10-14 cm, it is preferable to do 5-7 cm on tibia then 6-8 cm on femurs independently rather than to lengthen 10 cm on one section. The flexibility of your legs is also important. The more flexible your legs are, the more relaxed you will be during the lengthening.

Can I get back my pre-surgery health?
Although this is an operation method, it is completely a cosmetic method. Limb lengthening procedure may take some time, but eventually you can get back your pre-surgery health and do sports that you want. For many sports types, you may have to wait up to 1 year after recovery. The key is to be patient, stick to the instructions of your doctor, do your exercises and care about your overall health.

How many scars are formated on the legs after surgery?
It is equivalent to the conventional methods in terms of postoperative scars. While some people are disturbed by the scars, others find them too little to worry about. Nevertheless, those who want can get rid of scars with the help of a plastic surgery.

When do I return to my daily life after surgery?
You will get rid of the device in 2-3 months, get well in 4-5 months, return to normal life in 6-7 months. Of course, it depends more on your muscles, nerve structure, flexibility of your leg and the exercises you must do in the process.

Can I walk with a device on my legs?
You can walk at home or get out to walk with devices on your legs. It is advisable to walk as long as it is not too extreme. At the same time, you can also do your works that you do not need much to stand up.

What are the difficulties of this surgery?
You will be in bed the first day. 2nd day you can use walker and do your needs. Depending on your situation you will spend 5 days at the hospital. You have to be patient for the first two months after the operation. Because every day you will be 1 mm longer. With time, there may be tension on your legs. But this is temporary. After the lengthening is over, the pain is reduced and the tension ends..
Is any kind of preparation needed before leg lengthening operation?
It is recommended to do stretching exercises, go swimming etc. in order to increase the flexibility of leg muscles. Besides physical preparation for surgery, it is equally important to prepare yourself psychologically.

Contact informations;
iMessage or WhatsApp: +905330164562

Address: Tesvikiye, Fulya Sk. No:5, 34365 Sisli/Istanbul, Turkey

https://www.LimbLengtheninigSurgery.istanbul/

malistan:
I've had that surgery in Turkey 27th Dec, 2018. This surgery is quite popular and success in Turkey.
I talk about my process as someone who lived.
If you interested about that surgery eagerly, i can give you some information&photos&videos about the process.
Contact informations;
iMessage or WhatsApp: +905057764313

My Doctor Op. Dr. HALIL BULDU is one of the most experienced Orthopedic Surgeon based in Istanbul/Turkey.
His patients appreciate the warmth, professional integrity, and open communication that define his medical practice. He is always determined to help his patients, understand their health, so they can be well informed when making important health decisions.
He is one of the most experienced surgeon about leg bone and bone deformities, because of his military backround. Also during Libyan Civil War(Started 2012 and still continues) he saved more than 2000 soldier’s legs and foots while his service in Istanbul.
He still receives private and wounded patients from Libyan Ministry of Health because of his high experience in orthopedic surgeries. Also he is invited to many Tv (Channel D, TV8, MBC4 etc.) for interviews about Limb Lengthening surgery and its features&risks.
You can watch his interview:

EDUCATION
Hospital for Special Surgery, Hand Surgery Dep. (2008)
Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine,
Orthopedics and Traumatology AD. (2006)
Utrecht University, Orthopedics A.D. Holland (2005)
Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine Cerrahpasa (2000)
EXPERIENCE
Florence Nightingale Hospital (2006)
Agrı Military Hospital (2006-2007)
Horasan State Hospital, Erzurum (2007-2008)
Memorial Hospital, Sisli (2008-2013)
Istanbul Cerrahi Hospital (2013- 2017)
Private Clinic (2017-)

Will i have Pain during Lengthening Period?
Other than pain right after your surgery; Answer is NO! Lengthening procedure will be done 4 times a day which will be equal to 1milimeters. So due to its small size, human body can easily adapts to lengthening and pain won't occurs as expected.

What are the risks associated with leg lengthening surgery?
The patient must know this, there is no 100% risk free surgery in the world. Some of the risks; Surgical, Anesthesia, Blood clot (embolism), Infection, Joint stiffness, Circulation disorders or pain due to nerve tension. These symptoms may happen in very low percentages but patient must know it before making a decision about getting this surgery. Tiny infections on the exhausts of the nails are seen in many patients and it is quite treatable without causing serious problems.

Who CAN NOT have Lengthening surgery?
People who has Blood Clotting Disorders,​ HIV/AIDS, Active Infections and BDD (Body dysmorphic disorder is a mental disorder in which you can't stop thinking about one or more perceived defects or flaws in your appearance). Also people who can not fulfill its responsibility during lengthening period.

What kind of leg lengthening surgery methods exist?
There are Ilizarov, Holyfix, LON, Precice, STRYDE methods which are used in limb lengthening surgery. LON is currently the most preferred method by our patients because of its short recovery time and low price.

Which method is included to your package price?
Answer is LON. ​LON means Lengthening Over Nail. A combination of two devices, an internal and external device. Our LON package features;

Lengthening Surgery for both legs (Femur or Tibia)
All necessary medications after surgery
All necessary examinations and tests
5 Days of hospital stay (All Meals Included)
10 Days of hotel stay for 2 person
10 Sessions of Physical Therapy during hotel stay
Airport Transfers
Total Cost is 16000EURO

How does LON Method work?
During the 1st stage of the surgery, an intramedullary nail is inserted into the bone and an external fixator device is attached to the leg from outside. During the lengthening period, the intramedullary nail prevents angular deformity. When lengthening is completed, the external fixator can be removed with the completion of the internal fixation (screw insertion). This method was a groundbreaking development compared to the original method that only involved the use of an external fixator. Even today, many limb lengthening surgeons worldwide use this method.

How many centimeters can I gain with leg lengthening surgery ?
For cosmetic reasons, it is preferable not to lengthen over 6-8 cm per segment. We believe that safety needs to come first. There is no point in trying to lengthen 10 cm per segment. If a patient desires to lengthen 10-14 cm, it is preferable to do 5-7 cm on tibia then 6-8 cm on femurs independently rather than to lengthen 10 cm on one section. The flexibility of your legs is also important. The more flexible your legs are, the more relaxed you will be during the lengthening.

Can I get back my pre-surgery health?
Although this is an operation method, it is completely a cosmetic method. Limb lengthening procedure may take some time, but eventually you can get back your pre-surgery health and do sports that you want. For many sports types, you may have to wait up to 1 year after recovery. The key is to be patient, stick to the instructions of your doctor, do your exercises and care about your overall health.

How many scars are formated on the legs after surgery?
It is equivalent to the conventional methods in terms of postoperative scars. While some people are disturbed by the scars, others find them too little to worry about. Nevertheless, those who want can get rid of scars with the help of a plastic surgery.

When do I return to my daily life after surgery?
You will get rid of the device in 2-3 months, get well in 4-5 months, return to normal life in 6-7 months. Of course, it depends more on your muscles, nerve structure, flexibility of your leg and the exercises you must do in the process.

Can I walk with a device on my legs?
You can walk at home or get out to walk with devices on your legs. It is advisable to walk as long as it is not too extreme. At the same time, you can also do your works that you do not need much to stand up.

What are the difficulties of this surgery?
You will be in bed the first day. 2nd day you can use walker and do your needs. Depending on your situation you will spend 5 days at the hospital. You have to be patient for the first two or three months after the operation. Because every day you will be 1 mm longer. With time, there may be tension on your legs. But this is temporary. After the lengthening is over, the pain is reduced and the tension ends..
Is any kind of preparation needed before leg lengthening operation?
It is recommended to do stretching exercises, go swimming etc. in order to increase the flexibility of leg muscles. Besides physical preparation for surgery, it is equally important to prepare yourself psychologically.

Contact informations;
iMessage or WhatsApp: +905057764313

If you interested about that surgery eagerly, i can give you some information&photos&videos about the process.

offline:
I guess you've forgot to copy. Thanks :)

Contact informations;
iMessage or WhatsApp: +905330164562

https://www.LimbLengtheninigSurgery.istanbul/

malistan:
Mr. Murat, yours was missing, not the same, I don't think you read it carefully, the times you specify are different. I wanted to share correcting as someone who had surgery. If you want to get information from me, becomes more informative. I thank you.

offline:

I understood that you had surgery but also, i am the patient coordinator of Dr Halil BULDU. So if anyone wants to have information about Limb Lengthening surgery from Dr Halil can contact with us.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64146.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version