Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Taking into consideration all your personal/life experience with pain (also when not doing LL), what degree of maximum pain or more relevant personal experience punctuation did you retain from your memory of the whole LL process?

1 Point (BEST experience possible) - No pain OR VERY light pain OR isolated cases of light pain OR just sensations most of the time (without any use or allmost no use of painkillers)
- 1 (7.7%)
2 Points - Persistent light pain (responsive to painkillers if taken)
- 1 (7.7%)
3 Points - Persistent light pain, NOT responsive to painkillers
- 0 (0%)
4 Points - Isolated medium pain (but manageable with painkillers)
- 1 (7.7%)
5 Points - Sometimes medium pain (but still manageable with painkillers)
- 1 (7.7%)
6 Points - Frequent medium pain, but manageable with painkillers
- 0 (0%)
7 Points - Sometimes heavy pain (but responsive to painkillers)
- 3 (23.1%)
8 Points - Heavy pain NOT responsive to painkillers
- 1 (7.7%)
9 Points - VERY heavy pain only partially responsive to painkillers
- 2 (15.4%)
10 Points (WORST experience imaginable) - VERY HEAVY pain NOT responsive to painkillers
- 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PAIN and veterans (just following fixator removal)  (Read 824 times)

zaozari

PAIN and veterans (just following fixator removal)
« on: November 13, 2021, 05:56:13 PM »

It would be appreciated if you can also fill the topic ''My doctor and my pain'', in ''Limb Lengthening Discussions'', both with the punctuation and the name of your doctor.
Since a lot of pain/no pain depends on the skills and experience of the doctors, like correctly choosing the point of pin insertion, the ''rhythm’’ of distraction, etc, you are probably contributing to reduce other people's pain!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 09:12:10 PM by zaozari »

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

I think pain has much more to do with the innate pain tolerance of the patient as well as what the patient does during the process.

zaozari

Yes, I agree, but even with individual variation, responses may still be a very valid experience indication.

AimHigh

Re: PAIN and veterans (just following fixator removal)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 11:16:21 PM »

I did unilateral, two different doctors (both first world), two different devices (Femur, fitbone/Precice), 2 different continents.
Pain was not Doctor related, my pain level was same in both cases.
I have also broken my lower back, pelvis (5 places), ankle (bad fracture. overlapping , required plates and through ankle stasis screw), had spinal fusion (L5/S1), had 2 Hair transplants, separated my shoulder, broken my fibia, 20 root canals (conscious, 9 in one day), teeth extractions, adult circumcision, various road rash on legs/ribs - i went through most of this with minimal pain relief (i don't like to use pain relief for health and mental clarity reasons) ....in terms of pain(and for months, not just a few days/week) LL def tops the list , I voted 9/10 - but you need to factor in my stiff muscles due to my age (early 50's).
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

zaozari

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 08:13:21 AM »

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! You had really bad luck with so many problems...however the most important is here you are, I hope free of most problems.

You did unilateral because you are going to lenghten the other limb next or you have some special condition in one limb, if you don't mind me to ask?

May I also ask about that stifness of muscles: did you prepare with  physical exercice for the surgery, did the doctors oriented or asked you to do? Do you think it would have make any difference before surgery or also in recovery and even thereafter for "maintenance" (according to your physical condition and age)?

Thanks again, hope you are soon totally OK with all health issues. Early 50's nowadays with all medicine evolution, known healthy habits and social evolution is not being "old" as in our grandparents time!

zaozari

! POLL ! veterans please just tick your punctation!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 10:13:37 AM »

Veterans please vote! PLEASE help LL candidates.
There are people who just can't bear 10/10 pain  without fainting or having 7/10 pain all along for months being alone in another country....

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 04:23:27 PM »

I voted for a 10 because that was my maximum pain at some points. However, pain is temporary. You forget pain. For the first two weeks my pain was always floating around a 5-8. After two-three weeks it was 1-4.

Would I do it again? Absolutely. Pain is temporary, glory is eternal. Man up
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

zaozari

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 11:09:40 AM »

Hi, thanks for your support. Yes the punctuation is intended to be the degree you overall retained from bad and good, from that experience in you life. If for example I was only once during 5 minutes with 10/10 pain, I would choose much less than 10. But if that was your "paramount" moment when you felt in the limit of faiting, regretting LL, or that you have more present still today, etc, I would chose 10.

zaozari

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 11:14:16 AM »

In fact I should have asked "what was your more carachteristic/dominant degree of pain if you could only use 1 to 10 points?" (Ie  not necessarily the most intensive pain moment).

zaozari

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 12:41:33 AM »

Mod,  have I violated some forum's rule by making a bit "provocative" appeal to veterans to vote on the single open poll, about pain,  for all candidates information prior to deciding on LL?
Personal tolerance to pain is essential to evaluate proactive atitude in the physiotherapy and recovery, thus final outcome.
And a good sample of other's real life pain is significant.
My words were strong but not offensive. And we are all adults...

Betall87

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2024, 02:27:54 AM »

Thanks for this topic really helping people who are concerning the surgery.
This is a very heavy surgery really not easy. For me I experience #10 of very high pain that sometime painkiller is not responding. During my lengething I was very disappointed as I really believed it’s hard but how hard it can be?  But I would like to explain it as this.
Every day is different, there is two part to this (pain and discomfort) the pain vary everyday and every day to me there were a new type of pain. The most horrible pain was Pin pain when I felt like my full Tibia got stapled with a sharp knife. And the second pain was nerve pain that I cry my soul. I experience pain that I never experience or even thought it exist.
would I do it again ? Absolutely not with LON but I would highly recommend to go for precies it’s not going to be painless but at least you won’t have the discomfort and the extra pain that comes with the precies (the discomfort of the LoN I would discrbe it as if you are wearing a two size smaller than your normal shoe size and you can’t take it off. Will that be a feeling that you can hold into for a 2-3 months ?

tallerwouldbenice

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 10:23:20 AM »

I had 10/10 pain twice during LL (it lasted only a second or so)

Then I had 9/10 for about 30 seconds on end, from time to time

And I had 8/10 for about an hour once. This was the most difficult one. As an atheist I still invoked god

The rest was a constant 4/10

Yeah... painful stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up