Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NuVasive Stryde stopped shipping  (Read 13676 times)

V21

Re: NuVasive Stryde stopped shipping
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2021, 09:13:39 AM »

I have mine booked for July 7th... First month of airbnb would not be refundable, fk

pownzorgeek

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2021, 09:31:42 AM »

I have mine booked for July 7th... First month of airbnb would not be refundable, fk

Have you asked Giotikas if he still offers stryde or if he was asked to send the nails back?

V21

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2021, 09:51:49 AM »

Lol I texted his secretary and she said this:

"Hello,
Do not worry, we do not anticipate any problems with the supply in July in Greece"

I don't understand anything, they seem like they are not worried at all about the supply.

V21

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2021, 10:05:29 AM »

I asked for further information and they said this.

"We constantly have stock for the next 2-3 months. Our current stock does not cover July. Based on our information, we confidently anticipate the issue will have been resolved by May 2021.

Kind regards
Anta"

Activatedxx

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2021, 10:21:52 AM »

Why not just do precise 2? I mean stryde is way more convenient but might as well
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

V21

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2021, 10:24:53 AM »

I think the document says that ALL Precice instruments are under audit. In case I'm wrong... Well, I would wait a few months for Stryde, but if was not possible Stryde this year, I would do Precise in July, yeah

pownzorgeek

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2021, 11:13:12 AM »

I asked for further information and they said this.

"We constantly have stock for the next 2-3 months. Our current stock does not cover July. Based on our information, we confidently anticipate the issue will have been resolved by May 2021.

Kind regards
Anta"

Isn't that a bit of a problem though. I would expect a doctor who is responsible to at least stop doing stryde surgeries as long as the stryde nail is being reexamined. I don't know, that pdf document was even saying about carcinogenic.

V21

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »

The main focus of the document is the bony thing. Giotikas told me about it in our appointment and said that it has no bad effects, the problems is that they don't know the reason and they have to figure it out just in case. The medicine field is like that, they must be careful. So there are not really huge concerns about Stryde being dangerous or anything like that. The issue is that something is happening that they can't explain, and it must be figured out just in case it could cause issues.

RB

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2021, 11:28:54 AM »

Hey guys,

So I have my surgery booked for March 10th and have been in contact with Dr G’s office today. My surgery is still going ahead as my nails are already in Athens, I just need to do another consult with Dr G for informed consent purposes. I was really worried myself but am a bit more relieved now. Not a good situation at all.

Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Arcon

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2021, 11:42:50 AM »

I understand Paley and others continue to use Stryde and Precise in the US all these months without problems or restrictions, don't they?

V21

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2021, 11:51:16 AM »

I don't know, I will contact with Paley and Mahboubian as well. Giotikas seems quite confident that all of this will be solved by May... Let's hope

Body Builder

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2021, 01:42:02 PM »

Weird things.
Lets hope that "bony" thing is safe and the only concern about stryde.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2021, 02:33:51 PM »

What happened with Stryde?  :(
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

HeightGain

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2021, 02:43:58 PM »

This has been known for several months, it isn't clear why it has taken so long to be recalled.

This sounds like it could be an inflammatory reaction to bits coming off the nail.

Precise and stryde are different materials and are used at different stresses so could react quite different in the body

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2021, 02:47:51 PM »

Does someone have a paper related to that side effect?
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

permanentlybanned

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2021, 03:32:35 PM »

Does someone have a paper related to that side effect?

Here is a diary of one instance of an LLvet on this forum having that side effect. Dr. Mahboubian patient. I read this about 9 months ago and commented. MarkE is the LL person. Bone leakage is how he described it.
XRAYS PIC OF INCIDENT ATTACHED
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64978.msg173454#msg173454

He pressed on it and it slowly dissipated, I think lol. No problems
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

las vegas baby

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2021, 05:58:27 PM »

which doctor will STOP doing procedures with stryde now? he is the most ethical doctor out there, mark my words!!

Im concerned what dr. Mahboubian would do now since his business is mostly cosmetic leg lengthening. 6 months is a long time without business. dr Kevin has his profitable spine surgery business, dr Paley has his deformity correction business, well pretty much every one has other business.

lucky1

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2021, 01:20:01 AM »

I was also planning on having the surgery soon. I’m not too sure if surgeon in America will continue to use the precise products but I will refrain from it at the moment. Seems like there are some serious health risks.

Vibes

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2021, 01:27:01 AM »

which doctor will STOP doing procedures with stryde now? he is the most ethical doctor out there, mark my words!!

Im concerned what dr. Mahboubian would do now since his business is mostly cosmetic leg lengthening. 6 months is a long time without business. dr Kevin has his profitable spine surgery business, dr Paley has his deformity correction business, well pretty much every one has other business.

Interesting. Dr. Paley himself has said don't go to a doc who only does CLL. Funny how it comes full circle now.

Vibes

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2021, 01:27:49 AM »

Here is a diary of one instance of an LLvet on this forum having that side effect. Dr. Mahboubian patient. I read this about 9 months ago and commented. MarkE is the LL person. Bone leakage is how he described it.
XRAYS PIC OF INCIDENT ATTACHED
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64978.msg173454#msg173454

He pressed on it and it slowly dissipated, I think lol. No problems

I just commented about this on another thread so you can ignore than now. Thanks for linking this! Always providing the best info...

Johnson Charles

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2021, 07:54:24 AM »

Man this sucks !! I wanted to have the surgery during the pandemic. Does anyone have any new information about this situation

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2021, 08:01:51 AM »

The document also mentioned wanting to do more study of "biological endpoints", which means microscopic pieces of the nails are breaking off and they don't know where all of them are going inside the body.

I wonder what it's made of.

V21

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2021, 08:49:27 AM »

Dr. Giotikas is really confident that the issue will be solved before summer. I'm sending emails to Nuvasive and another doctors in order to know their opinions, but no answer yet

Arcon

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2021, 10:44:26 AM »

Dr. Giotikas is really confident that the issue will be solved before summer. I'm sending emails to Nuvasive and another doctors in order to know their opinions, but no answer yet
Giotikas is the biggest LL centre in Europe so he might have some priviledged inside information. The truth is nobody really knows.

V21

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2021, 11:02:50 AM »

Yeah, that's what I hope. My surgery is in July and I told him twice that my airbnb is not refundable if I don't cancel it right now, and he told me that they "confidently anticipate" that the issue will be solved in May, so no need for cancelation. I want to believe that he is quite sure about it, but of course, I'm really worried lol. I will try to contact nuvasive and other doctors in order to know their estimations

V21

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2021, 12:40:33 PM »

Nuvasive says the issue will be solved in the second quarter of this year (april, may, june). If that's true I would be quite relieved

AllAboutPerspective

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2021, 12:55:02 PM »

My surgery is in 5 days with Dr. Giotikas.

Not what you wanna see days before your surgery lol
Stryde Femurs w/ Dr. Giotikas Feb 2021

V21

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2021, 12:58:49 PM »

My surgery is in 5 days with Dr. Giotikas.

Not what you wanna see days before your surgery lol

Don't worry, it's not a mayor problem. In fact I envy you, I'm not even sure I will be able to have Stryde in July¡¡ Congrats man, everything will be perfectly fine

pownzorgeek

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2021, 05:52:09 PM »

Yeah, that's what I hope. My surgery is in July and I told him twice that my airbnb is not refundable if I don't cancel it right now, and he told me that they "confidently anticipate" that the issue will be solved in May, so no need for cancelation. I want to believe that he is quite sure about it, but of course, I'm really worried lol. I will try to contact nuvasive and other doctors in order to know their estimations

Yeah he might say that, but to me it seems more like "yeah, come to me so I can take your money, it's safe". But could he commit to have in written form (which would legally bind him) that he is certain that that nail doesn't cause any weird side effects on the body or even cancer? Probably not. The Field safety notice the company has produced is stating even carcinogenic, they wouldn't put that on paper lightly. Just my opinion.

I don't want to bash that doctor specifically, I would say any doctor doing stryde while the investigation is going on would seem irresponsible to me. I came in contact with Dr. Donghoon Lee few days ago, and he had retired the stryde nails, as an example. That doctor I would trust 10x more.

In fact for you it might be ok, since your surgery is in July and they might have already cleared this out by then. But how many others will have done the procedure until then?

Arcon

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2021, 06:10:22 PM »

Yeah he might say that, but to me it seems more like "yeah, come to me so I can take your money, it's safe". But could he commit to have in written form (which would legally bind him) that he is certain that that nail doesn't cause any weird side effects on the body or even cancer? Probably not. The Field safety notice the company has produced is stating even carcinogenic, they wouldn't put that on paper lightly. Just my opinion.

I don't want to bash that doctor specifically, I would say any doctor doing stryde while the investigation is going on would seem irresponsible to me. I came in contact with Dr. Donghoon Lee few days ago, and he had retired the stryde nails, as an example. That doctor I would trust 10x more.

In fact for you it might be ok, since your surgery is in July and they might have already cleared this out by then. But how many others will have done the procedure until then?
I thing you are wrong...All top doctors in the US and Europe have kept using Stryde nails all these months even in non-cosmetic cases. I don't think that they would do that if they had serious concerns.

V21

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2021, 06:14:59 PM »

What he told me during our appointment is that the "bony" thing has happened in some cases. However, regarding cancer, it's not that it has happened: it's that there have not been enough tests in order to clinically assure the nail's safety. So I think people are blowing things out of proportions. Of course it is concerning, but it's not like people have been getting cancer or anything. It's that they must pass some safety tests that they didn't pass before. Anyway, to be honest and I may seem dumb, I have been suffering from severe height dysphoria for 4 years, in which I almost have not left my house. At this point, I'm willing to take any risks so... my only true concern is getting the surgery in July and getting my life back. I'm terrified about having to postpone lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up