Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does sitting height matter, and how do I know if I am eligible for 8cm LL?  (Read 672 times)

SartBimpson

I wish to lengthen 8cm in my femurs with Stryde. I'm 170cm, 5' 7" and want to reach up to 5' 10", 178cm.

How do I know if my proportions are right for this surgery, and which ratios should I check?

Also, if I want to make a mockup, how far away should the camera be from my body to make sure the picture is accurate?

Ascending

Re: Does sitting height matter, and how do I know if I am eligible for 8cm LL?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »

I wish to lengthen 8cm in my femurs with Stryde. I'm 170cm, 5' 7" and want to reach up to 5' 10", 178cm.

How do I know if my proportions are right for this surgery, and which ratios should I check?

Also, if I want to make a mockup, how far away should the camera be from my body to make sure the picture is accurate?
At 8cm no one will really notice except fellow LL enthusiasts.  But if you really want to check - look at the ratio of tibia to femur - should be around 0.8.  Anything substantially over would suggest that your tibias are too long so lengthening femurs might make your proportions better.  Next you could look at your sittiing height compared with those who are naturally 5'10.  In another words how long is your head, neck + torso and would you still look ok with longer legs.

As I said there is so much natural variation that no one unless they were looking obsessively will notice.

Megaman(blueboy)

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 03:52:22 PM »

I want to go 5’9 from 5’5 but my sitting height isn’t really near someone who is 5’9. What do you think?

Infinity

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 05:16:49 PM »

It should be doable, it is easier to conceal long legs in femur as you can easily wear the pants lower.
Pages: [1]   Go Up