Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV  (Read 171162 times)

crimsontide

Re: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2014, 06:41:27 PM »

Wanted to get everyone's opinion on getting  gastric recession to cure the ballerina foot... the dr says its not necessary now, but d like to cure this right now

Wannabegiant

« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2014, 07:03:39 PM »

Wanted to get everyone's opinion on getting  gastric recession to cure the ballerina foot... the dr says its not necessary now, but d like to cure this right now

Im not really familiar with that surgery, but in all likelyhood it comes with some drawbacks..i think it would be better in the long run if you tried to stretch to get rid of the ballerina feet.

crimsontide

« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »

probably right

the dr said it will definitely go away... just sucks to have

crimsontide

« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2014, 10:50:12 PM »

old forum ,

i think if your doing tibias, and more than 5 cm,  release should be done....  ballerina foot blows... it'll go away, as everyone says, but trust me, it sucks big time.  it sucks so bad,I'm contemplating getting the   surgery  to fix it now... it's just an outpatient surgery, it's really not a huge deal, and heels will touch floor after getting it... the dr doesn't want me to do it, as he says stretching, walking, etc will eventually cure it... but its not just the fact i can't touch the floor with my heels while walking. the back of my ankle, where the tendon starts is really sore from stretching... i mean really sore.... hard to describe

Converse

• Visitor
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2014, 12:43:31 AM »

Hi Crimsontide,

I have been considering getting my surgery done with Dr. Bagirov and I have been following your diary as a guest from the start. You've been really detailed in describing your journey and I really appreciate you sharing your experience. 

I am just going to go a bit off-topic here and ask, do you think it is a good idea to go for a 10 cm bilateral tibia lengthening using Dr. Bagirov's technique? Despite the lack of after-care, this seems like a highly affordable place which will not suck my savings dry. Also, it seems I can get some after-care with other doctors like Dr. Parihar?

Thanks in advance for replying!

crimsontide

« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2014, 12:53:49 AM »

There is no way I recommend you lengthen 10 cm on your tibias. .. I've done 6.7 cm now, and it's a lot. .. 10 is too much. . You will likely recover one day, but not 100% and the recovery process will be extremely long....  trust me, this is very hard. ... Your life will not be happy while you lengthen... Think about max 6-8 cm. And That Is Pushing it... And for that length, do latn or lon... You will not want to be on frames for 2 years

ItsMyLife

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2014, 05:06:16 AM »

Not in Russia. ... No follow up. .. I'm mad I stopped walking a week. .. I'm making plans to go see Dr parihar to remove frames in  next 2 weeks

crimsontide, how long have you been in frames now? You will be off frames in just 2 weeks' time? That's really fast. U're pretty tall already, like 180+  ;)

You have lengthened 6.7 cm and that is a lot!

crimsontide

« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2014, 06:54:53 AM »

If I get frames removed it's because I'll have done latn.  If I don't do latn , who knows how long I'll be in the frames

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »

Been reading your diary and  in the last few pages the mood seems to have changed, you wanting to get latn half way through this have anything to do with your fiance leaving? YOu never told us why she left  :( Sorry for bringing it up but why did she leave you? Sorry if I seem nosy, its one of the few things I think about pre LL. Did you do something to piss her off to leave or is it because of the frames, lengthening, rehab, etc? If Im out of line by asking this, just let me know.

crimsontide

« Reply #164 on: July 02, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »

no problem asking

me wanting to get the frames off and going to see dr parihar, and possibly get the gastro release surgery has nothing to do with fiancee, and everything to do with the hassle of wearing frames, and the ballerina,etc..

our issues  have more to do with her than the frames

crimsontide

« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »

also, ill be very clear about this

'i want to be sure all is ok.... the only way i feel comfortable with a full recovery is if i get checked now,and get frames off now, so id only have to wait for bone consolidation....  if i keep frames on,  id have to basically pray that all turns out ok and go multiple times to russia

i haven't had 1 followup yet with my russian dr..... i want to get checked and get frames off...  I've pretty much made my mind up.... it shouldn't even cost a lot, as parihar won't be putting frames on me,etc... simply taking them off and inserting I'm nail in... petty basic

i have pretty much made my mind up..... i wish everyone in russia well, but i need to make sure I'm fine... i don't feel comfortable with frames on my leg for possibly over a year, thousands of miles away from  my dr

Wannabegiant

« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2014, 05:37:29 PM »

also, ill be very clear about this

'i want to be sure all is ok.... the only way i feel comfortable with a full recovery is if i get checked now,and get frames off now, so id only have to wait for bone consolidation....  if i keep frames on,  id have to basically pray that all turns out ok and go multiple times to russia

i haven't had 1 followup yet with my russian dr..... i want to get checked and get frames off...  I've pretty much made my mind up.... it shouldn't even cost a lot, as parihar won't be putting frames on me,etc... simply taking them off and inserting I'm nail in... petty basic

i have pretty much made my mind up..... i wish everyone in russia well, but i need to make sure I'm fine... i don't feel comfortable with frames on my leg for possibly over a year, thousands of miles away from  my dr

I hope you realize that you are taking a bigger risk and making it less likely to reach full recovery by getting the internal nails, compared to just doing it the external way. You are supposed to return to Moscow for a check up when you are done lengthening, they control everything there and makes sure you are fine. I did that. After that check up the risks and complications are pretty much over, just a long waiting time.

As for the price, maybe he will make a discount but who knows, he might take full price except for the accommodation costs which you wont need.

But yeah you should go for the internals, but dont try to deny the fact that there will be some kind of tradeoff in recovery, it might not be enough to notice in your case though.

crimsontide

« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2014, 06:15:18 PM »

i don't believe for one second that getting the nail means less chance of recovery... theres a chance for slight knee pain, but to say the frames don't have complications after one stops lengthening is false

the frames keep the foot and ankle  pointed down,etc... along with the serious risks you face if you wear frames for say over 12 months... these are serious risks, not to mention little things, such as showering, etc

ill be walking faster without aids if i get the frames off.... the frames cause too many issues in many people... they've even made the areas around the  sites extremely extremely dry... and its because of the frames

as far as them controlling everything, lets put everything out there.....   

1-    bagirov does not even do the surgery by himself, and people need to know this.... if people go to russia, its fine, but they need to know  he will be doing 1 leg, and his assistant will be doing  surgery on the other leg

2-we both know people  who had surgery with him... you expect to have frames off in a few months, you might... but we both know a person who's had frames on 11 months and lengthened 4.5 cm.. this person also  had complications when they did the "adjustment"

i also know of a few others, such as a girl that lengthened there,  had frames removed, then her leg subsequently broke... she's had frames on about 2 years

i also know  something else that i won't say here,only because i was told  it in confidence... but it isn't good

bagirov option is ok i think,  but there are many drawbacks to the way he runs things....   at this point, id rather py an  extra 3 or 4 just to get the nail put in... for various reasons

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »

I can understand what you're going through in those frames, and wanting to get them off.  It's impossible to live a normal life in them.  The 4 and 1/2 months I spent in those things seemed interminable.  I can only imagine how miserable I would've been if my frame removal had been the halfway point of my LL.

paco1

« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »

Hi Crisomtide,
I think in your case you should to do LATN, because you will have to stay with the frames a lo of time. For 6,7 cm you will have to stay with that frames more than 1 year.
Cheers, paco

Wannabegiant

« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2014, 07:28:37 PM »

i don't believe for one second that getting the nail means less chance of recovery... theres a chance for slight knee pain, but to say the frames don't have complications after one stops lengthening is false

the frames keep the foot and ankle  pointed down,etc... along with the serious risks you face if you wear frames for say over 12 months... these are serious risks, not to mention little things, such as showering, etc

ill be walking faster without aids if i get the frames off.... the frames cause too many issues in many people... they've even made the areas around the  sites extremely extremely dry... and its because of the frames

1-    bagirov does not even do the surgery by himself, and people need to know this.... if people go to russia, its fine, but they need to know  he will be doing 1 leg, and his assistant will be doing  surgery on the other leg

2-we both know people  who had surgery with him... you expect to have frames off in a few months, you might... but we both know a person who's had frames on 11 months and lengthened 4.5 cm.. this person also  had complications when they did the "adjustment"

i also know of a few others, such as a girl that lengthened there,  had frames removed, then her leg subsequently broke... she's had frames on about 2 years

i also know  something else that i won't say here,only because i was told  it in confidence... but it isn't good

bagirov option is ok i think,  but there are many drawbacks to the way he runs things....   at this point, id rather py an  extra 3 or 4 just to get the nail put in... for various reasons

Well its pretty much a fact that the nail insertion comes with added risks, you will damage the callus and slow it down further, also the fat storage that is inside the bone (it replaces the bone marrow after one grows up) will dissappear when you insert the rods, this might very well have long term negative implications , and the cut to insert it might give you permanent knee pains as mentioned.
You lengthened so much and so fast, and the nail insertion will slow down recovery further because of the increased damage to the legs. I seriously doubt you will walk normal earlier just because you get rid of the frames.

Also youre wrong, its not false to say the frames dont have complications after the surgery. The complications you get after the surgery are because of turning and lengthening, not the frame itself (i dont count infections as complications because they dont cause any permanent damage). When the lengthening process is done, they check the condition and makes sure everything is alright, after that the risks are pretty much over.

the frames dont restrict your movement, i have full range of motion now and can already walk close to normal after ive warmed up a little, the reason you cant move your feet and legs normally is partly because you are still lengthening and also because you lengthened faster than recommended, otherwise you wouldnt have gotten ballerina feet like i never did. There are no serious risks to having the frames on for a long time, theres no evidence to suggest it. Getting a nail insertion is a seriously invasive surgery which is a much bigger risk, and will have long term implications.

The guy you mentioned who had frames on for a long time and did 4.5 cm, i have talked extensively with him and he admitted to not following Bagirovs recommendations while lengthening, like the fact that he kept lengthening at the same pace despite getting a big infection among other things. despite his complications he doesnt think negatively of Bagirov, that says that he doesnt believe it was the doctors mistake.

I have also heard a few things about you btw, you havent exactly followed the doctors recommendation either..initially you didnt even keep track on how much you where lengthening each day. So i dont really think you have any position to talk negatively about the clinic when you dont do as recommended by the doctor.

The legitimate reason you should get the nail insertion is because of the long time you will have to hide your legs from public if you keep the frames on, and for overall comfort and practicality, not for recovery reasons which will be worse than sticking to external only.

External only isnt recommended when doing 6 cm or more, because of the long time you will be gone if you want to keep LL a secret.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »

One of the surgeons told me that he thinks the advantage of LON over external only is overrated and that the recovery time from LON takes even longer than exfix. With exfix you'll be weight bearing a lot sooner, promoting healing. Being able to move around, even with frames on, will be mentally beneficial. He said a lot of people who get LON feel cheated because they think they'll be walking back to normal a lot sooner than it really takes. Add to it that you see your legs with no frames and you have the urge to walk on them yet your surgeon tells you its not strong enough yet even with the nail inside. Makes it more mentally frustrating.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

paco1

« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »

I think the same that wannabegiant, if you are doing 6cm or more is better LON, but for 5 or 5,5 cm is better only external.
This surgery should be more monitored, and the patients should be the lengthening period in the place of surgery under strict medical control and only when the lengthening period is finished and all is ok, you can go home.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »

One of the surgeons told me that he thinks the advantage of LON over external only is overrated and that the recovery time from LON takes even longer than exfix. With exfix you'll be weight bearing a lot sooner, promoting healing. Being able to move around, even with frames on, will be mentally beneficial. He said a lot of people who get LON feel cheated because they think they'll be walking back to normal a lot sooner than it really takes. Add to it that you see your legs with no frames and you have the urge to walk on them yet your surgeon tells you its not strong enough yet even with the nail inside. Makes it more mentally frustrating.

Does that surgeon not use fully weight-bearing nails when he does LON?  I could bear weight and walk the whole time I had my nails in.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2014, 08:40:03 PM »

Does that surgeon not use fully weight-bearing nails when he does LON?  I could bear weight and walk the whole time I had my nails in.

Because the frames have less components than exfix the weight bearing allowed while in them would be less, and when the frames come off you'd still need time to heal and would need to use a walker or something before you can go all over without one. So he doesn't think it's a dramatic enough difference from exfix to go through the more invasiveness and increased infection risk with LON. It's what one of the assistant surgeons said though. The primary surgeon said I could do either. All I know from him regarding his opinion is that he thinks exfix is safer and would be better for me in terms of healing between it and LON.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2014, 12:37:28 AM »

Ughh so Dr Bagirov only does one leg? Who is the assistant and what are his/her credentials? I'd be pissed off if I just finished the surgery only to find this out, would definitely feel ripped off/cheated.

Im under the impression that its better to stay at the clinic whilst lengthening so they can monitor you therefore the more expensive alternative with Dr Barinov seems the better option in my opinion. It also seems like crimsontide's problems seem more like a mental issue of not knowing what will happen, slightly depressed, the break up doesnt help either than the LL itself. Perhaps you should wait a little before rushing into decisions half cked. But if he's already decided then all the best, good luck and I hope for you a safe recovery

ItsMyLife

« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2014, 07:16:40 PM »

If I get frames removed it's because I'll have done latn.  If I don't do latn , who knows how long I'll be in the frames

why do you need multiple visits to russia?

what if you stay in the frames, for whatever time needed to consoldiate, and then fly back to russia once only?

Converse

• Visitor
« Reply #177 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:18 PM »

Hi again Crimsontide, thanks for replying to my earlier post! After reading some more about complications etc. I think I will go for a max 7.5 cm increase. I just wanted to ask, with your 6+ cms of lengthening, how freely can you move? And is the avoidance of knee bending also required in the consolidation phase?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Pegasus

• Visitor
« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2014, 12:07:29 AM »

Crimson, have you even been using a foot holder to counteract ballerina foot?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »

Crimson, have you even been using a foot holder to counteract ballerina foot?

good idea, but won't the foot holder impede muscular growth that is necessary for self-correction of this physiological condition?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2014, 07:27:24 PM »

good idea, but won't the foot holder impede muscular growth that is necessary for self-correction of this physiological condition?

Pretty sure it doesnt impede anything since doctors recommend using a footholder to prevent ballerina.

Pegasus

• Visitor
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2014, 11:47:59 PM »

Pretty sure it doesnt impede anything since doctors recommend using a footholder to prevent ballerina.

I am somewhat medically knowledgeable, As wannabegiant says, it's recommended, how can you grow muscle if you cant even put your full foot to the floor to even come close to walking normally? Walking on your toes is only going to mainly stretch your Achilles tendon rather than helping the lower leg muscles to adapt, if crimson hasn't used a foot holder it seem like they are pretty much guaranteed to have ballerina past approx 5cm  which would only make the road to recovery harder

tx1111

« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2014, 04:16:56 PM »

Hello crimsomtide,

I appreciate you putting your diary up for peolle like me to read and for taking that plunge and doing LL. I am undecided between Dr Barinov in volograd and Dr Bagirov.

I initially thought, what the hell Bagirov is cheaper so i should focus on him. However this is not the first time I have heard that he doesn't do much for you post op.

From your experience, would you still recommend him? I know after the surgery youre pretty vulnerable but I dont mind if hes strict or cold and uncomforting as long as the workout regiment and instructions are clear and useful and if theres an emergency it is handled.

You also stated that he does one leg while an assistant does the other. Maybe this is a dumb question, but if he is right there overseeing the surgery is it really that big of a deal?

About that thing that you wont mention because you were told in confidence. I appreciate your privacy and you have done more than enough by providing insight on your experience. But i have to ask if whatever that situatiin is, can you consider it when you make the recommendation if it applies.

This forum already states that the price of surgery is 6000 to 6500 euros and that an apt costs between 200 to 300 eur per month or 1000 a month to stay at the facility. In your diary it says you went home after the surger but would you happen to have an idea if the 200 to 300 eur is accurate because I checked apt listings and they seem more expensive than that.

If you have any idea what monthly expenses are can you list them. (Cost of food per day, internet access, etc.)

Thank you

I just want to let you know I will also ask tbe forum user wannabegiant these questions.

Thanks again

crimsontide

« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2014, 06:31:46 PM »

Hey tx,etc

Regarding foot holder, i tried it, but couldn't keep it on 24 hours... now i don't wear one

i think I'm going to, at the very least get the gastric release so i can put heels on ground now... walking on my tiptoes   makes me feel very nervous.. I'm just not stable. i realize my heel would eventually touch the ground, but at this point, I'm not even trying to walk, as i  feel odd on my toes

I'm just about done lengthening

Regarding prices,  no way you're going to get an apt in moscow for 300 euro... the facility charges you by the day, and its over 80 euro a day, so were talking about 2500 euro a month if you wanna just stay there, though they won't recommend it

to me,  all the drs are similar in terms of the surgery.  but there are big differences in post op treatment.. I would probably recommend him  just because of his price, but i think my first choice would be beijing if i were going to recommend external

Pretty much everyone that gets this surgery will be ok eventually, but good post op care can make it much more pleasant..

i think I'm  lengthening around 8 cm.... i wanted to get 3.5 inches, but i think its too much, 3 inches is good enough...

i have normal knee movement, some pin site pain when bending knees, and ballerina... my  achilles is very sore but other than that,  pretty normal... its just very tedious not being able to walk

crimsontide

« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2014, 05:38:39 PM »

as of yesterday,I'm done lengthening.... i won't lengthen anymore

everything seems ok, except i have bad ballerina in both feet...  i could walk fine otherwise, if i didn't have this ballerina... its  such that i don't walk right, except very very little occasionally

its just not comfortable walking on my toes.... it puts too much pressure on my news if I'm not perfectly balanced.... i just don't feel comfortable

i think the only way ill be ab;e to walk a lot during consolidation is if i get  a release..... I'm definitely going to have to get it.. iota only an outpatient surgery, and might weaken calf a bit, but i have no choice... i need to be able to put heels  straight on the floor... its awful having it in both feet

that dr that said without a release, anything over 5 cm will give you serious ballerina,  is correct

it really sucks, only thing thats wrong too... i can bend knees,etc... i can't raise my leg up straight now, but every things okay....  ballerina is my only issue but its a bg one for me...

also aching now, hopefully will go away in a few days now that I'm done lengthening

crimsontide

« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2014, 05:58:36 PM »

i just wanted to reply to the comment on consolidating then going back to russia...

i don't think that would be very safe at all.... to not see a dr the entire time, and wait until consolidation...    if i have any complications now,  since i just stopped lengthening, it can be fixed now... if i wait 5 months lets say, who knows, might be a huge issue... thats why i would not choose that route
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up