Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who else didn't outgrow their father?  (Read 941 times)

Exxon

Who else didn't outgrow their father?
« on: September 05, 2021, 10:40:21 AM »

Wondering if anyone out here hasn't outgrown their father?

I'm 5'7 and my father is 5'11, my brother is 6'1. I stopped growing at 13 due to poor nutrition and awful sleep during teenage years. Doctors confirmed this using growth charts and blood tests. I didn't realise at the time it was messing up my growth big time, everyone said (including my father) that I would keep growing till 20s but then I grew skeptical of it.

Doctors told me to get an x-ray on my wrists (growth plates) because I didn't grow in an abnormal amount of time and everyone else in high school was getting taller than me and it confirmed they were closed and I couldn't grow anymore. I was in devastation for 2 months and I failed a portion of my Semester 1 grades at school because I couldn't get past it. I was furious. I was once taller than the kids I was staring at in class but they outgrew me and it made me cold, everytime I went to school it pissed me off so much. Kids rubbed it in my face that they "outgrew" me.

I developed height dysphoria from the fact that I couldn't outgrow my father and that it's my primary motivator to consider LL, around 95% of people I know in my age group either outgrew their father or are the same height as their father. It made me grow jealous of the people that surpassed their father in height, even if they were 5'6 (but their dad was 5'3). I felt like I was done dirty and I wanted to outgrow my father or at least reach similar height as him. The average height has increased overtime and it's uncommon for a male these days to not outgrow their father (I'm 20 years old now).

Anyone else on the same boat?

Sorcerer

Re: Who else didn't outgrow their father?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 11:16:04 AM »

You have to take intergenetic factors into your considerations and if everyone can outgrow his father then everyone in the future will tend to be a Yaoming and NBA will be bombarded with newcomers.
I'm also an outlier of outgrowing my father and I'm the same height as his cuz of my grandparents.
I'm only around 162cm and my paternal and maternal grandmas' heights are 143cm and 146cm barefoot.
I hit 21 this yr and I haven't grown taller from 17 approximately.

Exxon

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 11:17:31 AM »

I meant same height and above, I didn't mean only outgrowing. The average U.S male was 5'6 100 years ago, now it's 5'9.2. Same trend can be observed in many Western nations and of course developing countries too.

Sorcerer

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 11:32:47 AM »

Exactly.And you tend to see several Chinese junior female classmates with long smooth and white legs and naive faces that can make your penis harder.

ilovescience

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 01:18:32 PM »

Wondering if anyone out here hasn't outgrown their father?

I'm 5'7 and my father is 5'11, my brother is 6'1. I stopped growing at 13 due to poor nutrition and awful sleep during teenage years. Doctors confirmed this using growth charts and blood tests. I didn't realise at the time it was messing up my growth big time, everyone said (including my father) that I would keep growing till 20s but then I grew skeptical of it.

Doctors told me to get an x-ray on my wrists (growth plates) because I didn't grow in an abnormal amount of time and everyone else in high school was getting taller than me and it confirmed they were closed and I couldn't grow anymore. I was in devastation for 2 months and I failed a portion of my Semester 1 grades at school because I couldn't get past it. I was furious. I was once taller than the kids I was staring at in class but they outgrew me and it made me cold, everytime I went to school it pissed me off so much. Kids rubbed it in my face that they "outgrew" me.

I developed height dysphoria from the fact that I couldn't outgrow my father and that it's my primary motivator to consider LL, around 95% of people I know in my age group either outgrew their father or are the same height as their father. It made me grow jealous of the people that surpassed their father in height, even if they were 5'6 (but their dad was 5'3). I felt like I was done dirty and I wanted to outgrow my father or at least reach similar height as him. The average height has increased overtime and it's uncommon for a male these days to not outgrow their father (I'm 20 years old now).

Anyone else on the same boat?

I think you are just fine. That's the height of Tom Cruise. Did your friends or girls who you tried to date tell you that you are short? Is 5'7 noticeably short compared to the people around you?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 01:41:33 PM »

Same here regarding being a natural 5'7 and shorter than my dad.  But my dad is 6'1, and his height doesn't matter to me.

It's perfectly common to not outgrow your father if he's tall and your mom is short.

Exxon

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 03:08:25 PM »

I think you are just fine. That's the height of Tom Cruise. Did your friends or girls who you tried to date tell you that you are short? Is 5'7 noticeably short compared to the people around you?

It's not 5'7 I'm angry about, compared to Asians I feel quite average and for white people I feel a bit short but nothing too extreme, I've had no problem getting girls.

What I am furious about is not surpassing my father's height. I only know like 2 people are below their father's height (males) out of the hundreds I've met and that's around a 1 inch difference. Most are the same or taller. I just feel sad that I never could reach it, I look stupid on family photos and it feels symbolic to me not to reach my father's height. It's quite difficult to explain the feelings around it.

Sorcerer

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 03:14:37 PM »

It's not 5'7 I'm angry about, compared to Asians I feel quite average and for white people I feel a bit short but nothing too extreme, I've had no problem getting girls.

What I am furious about is not surpassing my father's height. I only know like 2 people are below their father's height (males) out of the hundreds I've met and that's around a 1 inch difference. Most are the same or taller. I just feel sad that I never could reach it, I look stupid on family photos and it feels symbolic to me not to reach my father's height. It's quite difficult to explain the feelings around it.
Forget anything about competitions otherwise jealousy will drive you crazy so that even has ever driven Japs' invasion into China and until today they maintain the opposite side of invasion history and that sucks.

Exxon

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 03:23:48 PM »

Same here regarding being a natural 5'7 and shorter than my dad.  But my dad is 6'1, and his height doesn't matter to me.

It's perfectly common to not outgrow your father if he's tall and your mom is short.

My mother is 5'6 and her 3 brothers are all around 5'10 height, give or take 1 inch to each of them. I doubt her height had an impact on mine.

Shatter. Gee. 11

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 01:30:05 PM »

My greatgrandpa was 6'3. Grandfather was 6'4. Father is 5'9. I am 5'5. I dont understand humans. My father's side is full of tall men with good facial features. Mom has horrible genetics though. Wish my parents didnt have an intercaste marriage. Screw liberal values

My best guess is because my parents have had a  ty marriage and my father almost never came home, my mom didnt cook for me. It's not like Im poor or something but the maid either didnt cook or cooked  ty food that I never could eat. So I never got the nutrition I guess? Idk
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Plan- LON tibia 6 cm, LON femur 5 cm

Sorcerer

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 03:24:26 PM »

My greatgrandpa was 6'3. Grandfather was 6'4. Father is 5'9. I am 5'5. I dont understand humans. My father's side is full of tall men with good facial features. Mom has horrible genetics though. Wish my parents didnt have an intercaste marriage. Screw liberal values

My best guess is because my parents have had a  ty marriage and my father almost never came home, my mom didnt cook for me. It's not like Im poor or something but the maid either didnt cook or cooked  ty food that I never could eat. So I never got the nutrition I guess? Idk
Have you been qualified for malnutritions by any medical?If haven't then you shouldn't blame malnutritions cuz nutrition level has no limits and even one guy can digest 200 pounds of meat and 200L milk on a daily basis then he can still say he hasn't intaken enough nutritions.But you mentioned your mother is short then I can reckon you must have inherited her genetics and that's why I'm always blaming short girls for attempts to marry a tall man to contaminate his eugenetics.

ilovescience

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 03:26:33 PM »

Have you been qualified for malnutritions by any medical?If haven't then you shouldn't blame malnutritions cuz nutrition level has no limits and even one guy can digest 200 pounds of meat and 200L milk on a daily basis then he can still say he hasn't intake enough nutritions.But you mentioned your mother is short then I can reckon you must have inherited her genetics and that's why I'm always blaming short girls for attempts to marry a tall man to contaminate his eugenetics.

Actually there could be another reason. A person who has tall genes might still become short if he didn't have adequate time of sleeping during the adolescent, due to studying hard all the time or having to do homeworks at the midnight.

Sorcerer

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »

Actually there could be another reason. A person who has tall genes might still become short if he didn't have adequate time of sleeping during the adolescent, due to studying hard all the time or having to do homeworks at the midnight.
Unless you are adopting Da Vinci Sleep as your routine,you can't still blame sleep shortage for being short just like if you are not a malnutritional patient or living in a poverty-striken remote mountain,there's no excuse to blame them and then be delusive if it weren't for them,you could have grown to 190cm tall or something.

Exxon

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 02:02:18 AM »

My best guess is because my parents have had a  ty marriage and my father almost never came home, my mom didnt cook for me. It's not like Im poor or something but the maid either didnt cook or cooked  ty food that I never could eat. So I never got the nutrition I guess? Idk

Did you drink enough milk and have enough meat as a kid?  I don't think it's your mother's fault, I have plenty of friends from India (assuming you are from your name) that outgrew their parents from lower castes. In the west people usually reach 80kg by the time they're 20, the amount of protein they have stimulates growth and that's why the average height has increased in the past 100 years here.

GrowANut

• We'll all make it brahs.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 02:34:29 AM »

I didn't outgrow my dad :( My dad is 5'8 or 173 cm and I'm 5'6 168cm my brother is about 5'10 and I'm the younger brother which usually are taller but not in my case rip.

ilovescience

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 04:32:54 PM »

I didn't outgrow my dad :( My dad is 5'8 or 173 cm and I'm 5'6 168cm my brother is about 5'10 and I'm the younger brother which usually are taller but not in my case rip.

If you stand next to your father, did you feel noticeably difference?

precice strider

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 05:28:30 PM »

I'm about the same height as my dad. Honestly, I don't think that makes me feel much better than if he was average height.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

Sorcerer

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 12:30:22 AM »

Did you drink enough milk and have enough meat as a kid?  I don't think it's your mother's fault, I have plenty of friends from India (assuming you are from your name) that outgrew their parents from lower castes. In the west people usually reach 80kg by the time they're 20, the amount of protein they have stimulates growth and that's why the average height has increased in the past 100 years here.
I'm a meatatarian since babyhood and I can masticate few vegetables in addition to drinking milk in breakfasts or dinners on a daily basis.I think if it makes sense that offsprings will necessarily be taller than parents just cuz of higher level living conditions then is it also true that in the 22,23th century,if we can have opportunities to reproduce,our offsprings will become giants like 200 210cm tall?
It must be very ridiculous and implausible.Are imbeciles only prone to taller offspring beliefs that can judge you as an abnormal maturity casually.

GrowANut

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 02:04:16 AM »

If you stand next to your father, did you feel noticeably difference?
Oh yea 100% lol I know it's only 2 inches but at this height every cm matters, I feel shorter next to him for sure. He has told me that he regretted not giving me HGH injections when I was younger, but all the doctors told him that I was above average in the growth chart and I was going to surpass my dad by about 4 inches guess they were wrong unfortunately.. now I gotta spend 200k and endure a lot of pain for my height... rip.

Exxon

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 02:07:33 AM »

Oh yea 100% lol I know it's only 2 inches but at this height every cm matters, I feel shorter next to him for sure. He has told me that he regretted not giving me HGH injections when I was younger, but all the doctors told him that I was above average in the growth chart and I was going to surpass my dad by about 4 inches guess they were wrong unfortunately.. now I gotta spend 200k and endure a lot of pain for my height... rip.

They told me that too at the age of 12. Guess where I am now :(

Sorcerer

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2021, 02:52:36 AM »

2 inches are a considerable difference not only manifested on individuals' body statures but also on rulers.

Shatter. Gee. 11

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 06:27:52 AM »

Just curious. So if my son gets proper nutrition he'd be tall, right? Do genes change because someone in the lineage became short?
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Sorcerer

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2021, 06:38:53 AM »

Just curious. So if my son gets proper nutrition he'd be tall, right? Do genes change because someone in the lineage became short?
No idiots will tell you that if somebody in your lineage is short then his offsprings will be tall.That's just short guys' delusions.
Also,unless you are starving to death like African famine wretches,your genes have determined your height mostly and there are no disgraces of nutritions or even your penis.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2021, 09:24:40 AM »

He has told me that he regretted not giving me HGH injections when I was younger

No wonder one develops issues and ends up in this forum is he hears this from his own father....Jesus Christ. Parents are supposed to love their kids no matter how they end up looking like, not openly wishing they'd given them HGH.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Exxon

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2021, 09:36:57 AM »

He will I'm pretty sure, depends on your wife's genes too but since you have a tall father and if you marry a decently sized girl then you have an extremely strong chance your son will surpass your height.

GrowANut

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2021, 11:34:33 AM »

No wonder one develops issues and ends up in this forum is he hears this from his own father....Jesus Christ. Parents are supposed to love their kids no matter how they end up looking like, not openly wishing they'd given them HGH.
??? lmao just because he said that doesn't mean he doesn't love me lol.

ilovescience

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 02:51:17 PM »

He will I'm pretty sure, depends on your wife's genes too but since you have a tall father and if you marry a decently sized girl then you have an extremely strong chance your son will surpass your height.

I think it's possible for parents not tall to have tall kids. Jeremy Lin, for example, is a 6'3. His dad is 5'5 and mom 5.

Sorcerer

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2021, 03:16:18 PM »

I think it's possible for parents not tall to have tall kids. Jeremy Lin, for example, is a 6'3. His dad is 5'5 and mom 5.
Jeremy Lin's story is written by his maternal lineage genetics and not his lucks.

ilovescience

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »

Jeremy Lin's story is written by his maternal lineage genetics and not his lucks.

Jeremy Lin is tall also because he played basketball as a kid. He worked so hard to get a better scouting report.

Sorcerer

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2021, 03:45:50 PM »

Jeremy Lin is tall also because he played basketball as a kid. He worked so hard to get a better scouting report.
I was a basketball hobbyist from my 12 to 15 and I can't grow taller than those basketball haters and also you can't deny his maternal linage genetics are having determinant impacts on his height.

Shatter. Gee. 11

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 04:51:47 PM »

F that. You think people who are crazy enough to break their legs, cut themselves off of their social lives for 6 months to a year, Pay thousands of dollars to go through excrutiating pain,agony and torture behave like other normal human beings? LOL.
Height now 166 cm
Desired Height 177 cm

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up