Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Physical Therapy  (Read 364 times)

Chocolatechunk

• Visitor
Physical Therapy
« on: May 09, 2024, 02:59:04 PM »

I assume those who go through proper physical therapy do it about 4-5 per week and one hour per session. How many hours outside of PT do y’all stretch per day?

reaching_goals

Re: Physical Therapy
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 06:38:40 PM »

Every patient is different. I had to do it every two to four hours due to stretching being the only thing that relieved my pain. I was also very flexible in comparison to other patients but i also experienced more pain than the other patients were reporting. So it'll vary for everyone.

wes07

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 02:00:20 AM »

Which segment dod you lengthening and for how many cm? When did the pain came and when did it start to subside during lengthening?

Precise2.2

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 05:57:56 AM »

I did it five days a week for the first two weeks, the. I went back to my hometown and the PT wasn’t very familiar with LL they only scheduled me twice a week but I did my own stretching at home almost everyday for the first four months, May 20th will be my 7th month. I only did 53cm so my recovery was faster than usual and fast bone consolidation. I’m close to almost sprinting, I can already jogged 3 miles on a treadmill at a 6.0 pace. Everyone is different though, that was my personal experience. I look forward to removing these by July according my doctor based on how fast my bone healed.

reaching_goals

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 10:57:00 PM »

Which segment dod you lengthening and for how many cm? When did the pain came and when did it start to subside during lengthening?

Femurs about 7.2 cm i believe. once i got to that point and measured myself and saw i exceeded my goal i stopped immediately due to how tight you will get from 7 cm and onward. Pain was there everyday from what i remember. Was bad enough where i couldn't sleep and would wake up in the middle of the night first 3-4 weeks. After that it calmed down but that tightness feeling remained. Its hard to describe. Best description is what others have said: "feels like a headache for your legs". Only way i felt relief was by stretching so i would stretch 2 hours before sleeping especially in order to get decent sleep. Me and my pt came up with that strategy and it worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up