Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Doctors  (Read 535 times)

RLLSurgery

• Visitor
Best Doctors
« on: April 17, 2024, 05:19:13 PM »

Does anyone have a list of the best doctors along with total costs? I would also like to know who are the best doctors in the US to do it outside of Paley? I was considering Turkey, but now based on the forums I read probably not.

markr09

Re: Best Doctors
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 11:08:32 PM »

Dr. Metin Küçükkaya is probably the only Turkish doctor that is recommended by none other than Dr Donghoon Lee and Dr. Peter Thaller, as well as Cyborg4Life who interviewed him a year ago. But I don't know the costs, so you should try to contact them first. Same with Dr. Peter Thaller in Germany, you'd need to contact them.

But the only one I know that has considerable reputation outside US is Dr Donghoon Lee.
You can check out his prices in this thread. http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=45295.62
He's also one of my options to consider, since while his prices has gone up, it's still quite cheaper than US. The only issue will be partly be the language barrier with some of the staff most likely, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Other than those, I'm not sure, some of the other doctors have a lot of presence in the diaries but can be a mixed-bag to a lot of people with different opinions. I wouldn't say they're all bad, but just a lot of conflicting opinions here with some of them.

Others are mentioned to be the best, but not much diaries or experience around them here, so it's hard to gauge it. Like Dr. Hiroyuki in Japan, barely any presence here but scrounging around he has made significant contributions research-wise and as a doctor in Japan, which is one I would consider as well since I have plans to go there.

The hard thing about this surgery is trying to get which doctor is good or not, but since this is still quite an uncommon surgery, it's hard to get enough patient experiences or none at all with some doctors to actually consider some of them outside the usual US ones like Paley, Rozbruch, Assayag, etc.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

NailedLegs

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 09:35:39 PM »

Besides Paley, the best USA Doctor would probably be Dr. Rozburch in New York.

As markr09 said, Dr Metin Kucukkaya is a reputable and experienced surgeon. He is the only surgeon in Turkey you should see. I wouldn't go to any of the other ones.

As far as "best bang for your buck", Dr Birkholtz is hard to beat. He is really inexpensive but also very experienced.
"Welcome to the worst nightmare of all... reality!"

Current LL plan:
QLL in Early 2025 using the PRECICE nail with Dr. Birkholtz.
4cm tibia, 4cm femur. One year later, re-break for another 4+4. 167cm -> 175cm -> 183cm

shortisnotfun

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:21 PM »

Does anyone have a list of the best doctors along with total costs? I would also like to know who are the best doctors in the US to do it outside of Paley? I was considering Turkey, but now based on the forums I read probably not.

Definitely not Yuksel Yurttas or any doctor from Turkey. Yuksel Yurttas is a criminal, and should lose his medical license. He has crippled more than 20+ patients.

For the best doctors in the USA:
I highly recommend Dr Assayag. Super personable, intelligent, and most importantly, does surgeries perfectly.
My story of how Yuksel Yurttas crippled me:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=85804.0

RLLSurgery

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 06:31:36 PM »

Thanks so much how about in the US?

RLLSurgery

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 06:32:14 PM »

Any other ones?