Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My journey - Dr. Betz April 2022  (Read 8520 times)

4cm

Re: My journey - Dr. Betz April 2022
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2022, 02:27:22 PM »

I don't see anything weird about your legs, however your arms are shorts.

boklecrt

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2022, 04:59:33 PM »

I don't see anything weird about your legs, however your arms are shorts.

youre right, but lets not implant unnecessary insecurities in OP's mind after this entire femur ordeal

OP, you need to get that body composition under control. now that youre taller you need to get serious about physical exercise
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER

Taller90

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2022, 06:51:00 PM »

youre right, but lets not implant unnecessary insecurities in OP's mind after this entire femur ordeal

OP, you need to get that body composition under control. now that youre taller you need to get serious about physical exercise
[/quote

Thanks for the advice and indeed I still do my leg exercise Program in the gym but only 3 times per week now. The same applies for PT which I have reduced to 3 times per week as well. Nevertheless, I am progressing very well so far.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

My diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=71436.0#top

Taller90

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2022, 07:06:19 PM »

Day 17 post-clicking

Its now almost 2,5 weeks after I have stopped to click and I am doing very well. I have stopped with all medical drugs 3 days ago. I still take the vitamine. However, I dont have any pain at all and no stiffness anymore!! I am very suprised how quick my body has started to recover :) lets hope that this will continue.

I am walking without cruntches at home and my PT is starting to do some agility exercises. My duck ass has improved as well. It is still there but I am more and more optimistic that I will get competly rid of it….

My focus is on improving my gait further (i can already walk proper for a couple of meters) and stretching to reduce the duck ass. I will upload a new pic in the next days.

I am still so happy that things are turning to become more and more easy and finally everything what the docs have predicted has come true :)
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

thankscience

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2022, 09:35:39 PM »

Congrats on your progress! Glad to hear it's gone well.

Can we get updated pictures now that you've finished lengthening (only if you're comfortable)?

Taller90

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2022, 07:37:50 AM »

Congrats on your progress! Glad to hear it's gone well.

Can we get updated pictures now that you've finished lengthening (only if you're comfortable)?

as promised
https://imgur.com/a/2qCU6sT

still a little duck ass but no wide legs at all..
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2022, 10:41:52 AM »

Good diary. I did femurs with Betz and Becker last month. My experience in short is this. Surgery went as smooth as possible, anesthesia, you wake up a few hours later a bit dizzy then 5 minutes later you're alright in your hospital room. Hospital is nice and clean but still a hospital (=depressing place). After a week they take you to the rehab center. My GOD. That place is SO GOOD. You feel like you're on a vacation. It's some place in the outskirts of Freiburg that's like a hotel and a clinic altogether and it's just incredible with restaurants, fountains, fresh air and trees. My room was incredible. For the important parts though. I only met Betz twice but I'm kinda glad I got 'sent' to Becker because he's super fast to respond all the time and overall a super cool guy. I heard it's a pain getting answers from Betz after surgery. Dr Becker, his successor, came like every two days and always responded super fast to my messages, something that continues now, 4 weeks after surgery. In the hospital, there was zero pain at all. Worst part was having to go to the toilet. First few days, you're unsure in your capabilities to walk and you get rushed by impatient nurses to sit in a tight MEGA UNCOMFORTABLE toilet seat and take a   while having constipation from all the painkillers. That was honestly a terrible experience. Most of the nurses were bad, as if they don't understand you've just had both of your legs broken, a few were very nice. Clicking, for the first few days was a breeze. Sod's law of course, as I went home after 2 weeks, it became my nightmare. I couldn't get the right technique and angle and it was super tedious, painful and slow reducing me to the point of wanting to scream. It's really important to find your position and technique, something I am unable to do even now although better. Everyday I was waking up with horror on my face knowing I have to click again. Terrible position, I bend my knee to the point of pain and it doesn't click. Depression. Then I called Dr Becker on facetime and he sorted it out in 3 minutes. Still it kinda hurts but at least it clicks. Then I found out I was going very slow and the right way is to grind your teeth and push as fast as you can but my left leg for some reason is still hard to find a position with. I am super desperate for clicking to get better and for me to finally be able to click like a normal man. I really hate stretching too. 3-4 hours a day of this, I hate waking up knowing I have to do it. It's a part of the game though, what can you do. Very used to life on crutches now. My initial gap was 0.6mm. I should have lengthened about 1.4cm so far so I should be 2cm taller. Afraid to measure though lol. It's been a very tough first few weeks for me, praying it gets better. As I said before, this is an experience for animals. None of us here is normal wanting to do this. I blame it all on society driving us to such insane lengths just so we could 'fit in'.

How is it going, 2 months on now?

I truly hope things are better
Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

thankscience

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2022, 12:42:48 PM »

as promised
https://imgur.com/a/2qCU6sT

still a little duck ass but no wide legs at all..
Nice! How is consolidation going?

Taller90

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2022, 09:59:51 AM »

How is it going, 2 months on now?

I truly hope things are better

Thanks! Its about 6 weeks now, to be precise ;)

I am doing very very well! My duck ass has improved a lot and my gait is getting better and better. I have done some x-rays this week which show that my bone is consolidating as well. My local orthopedist was also very happy about the status quo. He agreed that my bone should consolidate and he also mentioned that I should be able to get rid of my duck ass completely but it will take further training and time. In the meantime I have reduced my gym time to 3-4 visits per week, starting to put the focus on muscles increase. Beside of that I take care to walk a lot (5 km per day). Betz/Becker allowed me to start walking more and more without crunches. So far I am doing it inside only, like at home, restaurants, gym etc. If it goes on like this, I am optimistic that I should be like before latest at Christmas time. I will keep you updated.

Here you go for my latest x-rays.
https://imgur.com/a/XF1dQC5

I can only recommend to be patient in particular in the last period of your lengthening. For me this was the hardest time apart of the first 2-3 weeks.

Wish you all the best with your personal lengthening.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

hippo60

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2022, 10:01:01 PM »

Congrats on all the progress, that's amazing!
Did you ever have any concerns going over the 8cm limit? Or you never felt it's an issue?

Taller90

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2022, 07:50:09 PM »

Congrats on all the progress, that's amazing!
Did you ever have any concerns going over the 8cm limit? Or you never felt it's an issue?

Thanks!! No I didnt have any concerns going over 8cm as Dr. Betz had so many positive best practices which other patient that I have simply trust him.
My duck ass has already started with 5cm so that 8cm was just a number for me like 7 or 9 cm. So it was never an issue for me.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Mini0510

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2022, 12:30:39 AM »

Thanks!! No I didnt have any concerns going over 8cm as Dr. Betz had so many positive best practices which other patient that I have simply trust him.
My duck ass has already started with 5cm so that 8cm was just a number for me like 7 or 9 cm. So it was never an issue for me.

What is the "real" reason that betz bone allows over 8 and precice just cap it at 8cm? Seems really good but if a patient can't get beyond 8cm, then precice is cheaper i think?

Taller90

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2022, 02:51:41 PM »

What is the "real" reason that betz bone allows over 8 and precice just cap it at 8cm? Seems really good but if a patient can't get beyond 8cm, then precice is cheaper i think?

No clue why they have designed precise with this Limit at 8cm. I think it is not a matter of the patient, everyone can go over 8cm. Its all about time and stretching.

In General I would never use a non-weight bearing nail regardless how much I want to lengthend. Beeing in a wheelchair for months kills your muscles and comes with other risks as well.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Mini0510

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2022, 04:58:26 PM »

No clue why they have designed precise with this Limit at 8cm. I think it is not a matter of the patient, everyone can go over 8cm. Its all about time and stretching.

In General I would never use a non-weight bearing nail regardless how much I want to lengthend. Beeing in a wheelchair for months kills your muscles and comes with other risks as well.

Did you feel really tight after  8cm? or slow down the lengthening after 8cm?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2022, 09:59:35 PM »

!

Taller90

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2022, 11:01:20 AM »

Did you feel really tight after  8cm? or slow down the lengthening after 8cm?

I did not feel more or less tight after 8 cm as before. I have started to lengthen with 20 clicks which is about 1mm per day and reduced it down to 15 clicks after three weeks. I kept this until the end without skipping a day. Thats why I was quite fast lengthening almost 11cm in only 120 days. But this does not mean that it was easy. As mentioned in my diary I have worked a lot (stretching, walking, gym, sauna etc.) to handle the stiffness and muscles problems during the lentghening process.

Tomorrow it will be 60 days post-clickling and I am now almost fully recovered, maybe up to 90%. I am still swinging a bit with my hips but this will disappear as well with the time.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Taller90

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2022, 11:28:40 AM »

Now, it has been almost three months post clicking, so I just want to share a new update with you guys.

I am now walking without crutches almost 4 weeks and I am able to do almost everything of my daily routines like before. My duck ass got improved very much and is only visible in front of the mirror for people who have the eyes for  :D Since a couple of days I lost every pain in the lower back when walking, so that I can walk as much as I want. The only limited factor is my speedness as I still need to focus on my gait, to avoid swinging, I am walking a little bit slower than a normal person. Nevertheless, my PT told me that it is just a matter of time when I will get fully recovered in this regard as well.

I have uploaded a video of my gait (it is about 2 weeks old) and current status quo of my duck ass (last pic):
https://imgur.com/a/QF9Al4T

As mentioned, I am now focusing on my gait and to do that I need to strengthen my muscles, stability and agility in the legs. Therefore, I have integrate some stability and agility exercises for example with a balance pad. Here is a small video with one exercise (was quite bad on this day :) )
https://imgur.com/a/fcRXZjt

It is still a long journey ahead of me to get able to walk 100% normally and to do any sports but I am very surprised how quick the recovery comes after the lengthening.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

hippo60

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2022, 04:31:24 PM »

Wow what an amazing journey and progress! Think you might be inspiring more people to go for 10-11cm  ;)

SpeedDialer

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2022, 09:31:25 PM »

Now, it has been almost three months post clicking, so I just want to share a new update with you guys.

I have uploaded a video of my gait (it is about 2 weeks old) and current status quo of my duck ass (last pic):
https://imgur.com/a/QF9Al4T

Congrats with your walking!!

Rockstarz5

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2022, 03:47:06 PM »

Hey taller, whats the weight limit for the nail?, im 82kg so is normal or heavy? You loose wheight with the surgery?

Taller90

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2022, 05:20:24 PM »

Hey taller, whats the weight limit for the nail?, im 82kg so is normal or heavy? You loose wheight with the surgery?

It would be better to reach out to the docs for this questions. I know that they have different nail sizes for every weight. I had 79kg and lost about 8 kg through the surgery.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Taller90

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2022, 02:07:34 PM »

Hi guys,

I was visiting Dr. Becker beginning of this week, almost 4 months post-clicking to do some x-rays and a kind of "final" status-quo discussion with him. The xrays show a good bone consolidation which means that the gaps are fulfilled with new bone, so that now the bone is doing the majority of the weight bearing. This has also improved my gait further. I am still swinging very very slightly but this is only a question of time and further stretching / strengthening abdominal and gluteus muscles until I will get rid of this completely as well. My duck ass is also almost gone. A doctor would be able to see it but a normal person wouldn't. In public, gym, sauna etc. nobody notice that I had a surgery and I have now the same walking speed like before. Dr. Becker said that I should be able to start jogging in three months and playing soccer about this time as well. My nail removal should be able in autumn/winter 2023, if my bone consolidation continue on this level.

I personally don't notice anymore that I am restricted in my daily routines because I can do almost everything (grabbing something from the ground, tying shoes etc.). I am still stretching every day about 30-45 minutes and going to the gym 2-3 times per week doing some stability, agility exercises (standing on one leg, stair climbing etc.) and to swim and visiting the sauna.

Finally, I had a good discussion with Dr. Becker about the key for success of this surgery. He means that the most important thing is to lengthen along your personal balance which he has described as the following. On the one hand, you are lengthening the bone through the nail which is quite easy and a straight forward process. On the other hand you need to keep following the new bone length with your muscles through intensive stretching and this is starting from day 1 after surgery! Of course, you will not be able to lengthen your bones and muscles simultaneous which is understandable but you should not allow the bone length to outrun the muscle length. If you let this happen you will suffering and have a much longer recovery period. This is exactly what the most people are struggling because they simply did not keep disciplined through the whole process. Being disciplined will be different for everybody where the one person only need 3-4 hours stretching per day the other might need 5 hours.I personally now know how difficult it is and I also had this moments where I skipped the stretching for one day but honestly I always  have regret it the day afterwards  :( :( So I would fully agree to this view that finding your own balance is the key for a successful LL. This does not mean that you will avoid wide legs or duck ass at all but it will happen very late and not escalate in crippling you for months.

As I am now almost fully recovered, I will keep away from this forum more and more and invest more time in my new life :) I wish you folks all the best in realizing your personal dream and have only the following advice to you:
1. Choose a weight-bearing nail (it will be much more "comfortable" to lengthen larger amounts and I am sure that the recovery  is easier as well as you avoid the time in a wheelchair)
2. Choose a reputable doctor with enough experience
3. Follow the instructions of your doc!

Saying this, I wish you all the best a merry christmas to whom is celebrating and to everyone a comfortable year-end.

Cheers,

Taller90
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

boots2asses

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2022, 08:53:12 AM »

How are you going to correct that duck ass position? Is it even possible to correct 100%?

Taller90

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2022, 09:59:44 AM »

How are you going to correct that duck ass position? Is it even possible to correct 100%?

Did you read my entire diary  ;)

Yes, it is possible by stretching the different muscles of your quadriceps and strengthening abdominal and gluteus muscles.

Its slowly but the only way.
From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Kanye Western

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2022, 10:43:00 AM »

Congratulations Taller!

Can’t wait to begin my journey in May. I wish you all the best brother

lucindaris

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2023, 10:20:19 PM »

I have a few questions, So you lengthened around 11 cm right? How much did you pay for it. Did you stay in Germany the whole time? Also how much time did it take to return to the basic routine?

Taller90

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2023, 10:10:33 PM »

A short update from my side 5,5 months post-lengthening:
https://imgur.com/CnCxCfW

As you can see my walk is almost 100% normal and I am able to do again a squad (so far without any weight :) ). I don't have any more pain, stiffness, duck ass or anything else. As already said, when it comes to the normal daily activities I am not restricted anymore and this although I have almost lengthened 11cm. As mentioned in my previous posts I am convinced that this is due to my rigorous stretching and gym exercises which I have done through the whole lengthening process without any break. However, my next challenge will be to do jogging but for that I will await the next x-ray which I am gonna do in April and hopefully get the "go" from Dr. Becker that the bone is fully consolidated. At my last x-ray in December the bone has already been almost consolidated. Nevertheless, I have already tried to do some short runs like to catch-up a bus or metro and I did not have break me anything  ;D ;D It has worked but I felt - and I guess that's how it also has looked like - like running as 80 year old man, fluently but a slowly.

I am still very convinced that I should be able to play soccer and other sports like before. Let see how my progress will be in a couple of months.

Would I do the surgery again? Of course! Its a very hard exhaustive journey of half a year but after that you are able to live your life like before and can enjoy your new height :)

From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Emoragar

• Visitor
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2023, 09:59:18 PM »

Man, you look amazing. Doing the surgery on July, videos like this gives me hope!

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2023, 12:11:41 AM »

You look great man.  Its clear you're going to recover 100%.  Congrats on putting the work in and getting to a great end result.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Kanye Western

« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2023, 12:24:50 AM »

Size of them leg muscles too  8)

Great work bro!

Taller90

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2023, 10:56:48 AM »

Size of them leg muscles too  8)

Great work bro!

Thanks to all of you. I had strong legs before the surgery as well but I lost about 7 kg due to the surgery which mostly were muscles.
Therefore, I am very happy to get at least some of them back but it was hard ongoing work!

From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up