Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Paley vs Dr Guichet  (Read 8830 times)

Annalisa

Re: Dr Paley vs Dr Guichet
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 08:20:10 PM »

I think that the more you lengthen, the more risks you will face. That's logical. But doing it on femurs is still way  safer than lengthening 10 cm on tibias and the Guichet preparation should minimize risks as much as it humanly possible. When you start from a very low height like me, everything is harder. The people here who only need 5 cm to be fine with themselves don't even know how luckly they are. I have not such luxury and I have chosen the best doctor and the safer operation, cause I need to lengthen significantly more than average. Is there not personal testimonials on this matter? You know, asking around to people who have not experience, it is no as reliable as having advices from people who have done the same thing I plan to do.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »

But doing it on femurs is still way  safer than lengthening 10 cm on tibias and the Guichet preparation should minimize risks as much as it humanly possible.

No, femurs are not safer. They do however(assumed internal method) provide more comfort, faster consolidation, and less scarring (which I imagine is the biggest selling point for women).

Annalisa

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017, 08:55:52 PM »

They're safer too. The muscular mass is like a cushion protecting the bone (which is why Guichet cares so much about increasing it) and the internal method makes you much less vulnerable to infections than the external one. About the scars.It's true that this operation cause much less scars than the tibias one, which is very important, but there are the type of scars caused by strengthening of the skin during the lengthening (stretch-marks). So, maybe I won't have problem with operation scars, but I will worry about lengthening scars. The problem is still there, in one way or the other lol Luckily, I know a good cream to prevent these kind of marks, and in the worst scenario, there is always laser. Among all the mental problems I have since my childhood, for my low height, and the risks I will face with the operation, the marks are the last issue.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2017, 09:29:25 PM »

Annalisa - Tell me someone who has lengthened 10cm on a single segment and has 0 complications now and is recovered.

o wait there are none cause they all suffered serious complications and stopped updating their diary's.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2017, 11:07:39 PM »

They're safer too. The muscular mass is like a cushion protecting the bone (which is why Guichet cares so much about increasing it) and the internal method makes you much less vulnerable to infections than the external one. About the scars.It's true that this operation cause much less scars than the tibias one, which is very important, but there are the type of scars caused by strengthening of the skin during the lengthening (stretch-marks). So, maybe I won't have problem with operation scars, but I will worry about lengthening scars. The problem is still there, in one way or the other lol Luckily, I know a good cream to prevent these kind of marks, and in the worst scenario, there is always laser. Among all the mental problems I have since my childhood, for my low height, and the risks I will face with the operation, the marks are the last issue.
As I read your comment just now I realized that I had this exact exchange with you some time ago in the past and, respectfully, I don't think you quite understand. Increased muscle mass may help with internal femurs for the reasons you mentioned, but there is not a parallel with externals. What I mean to say is that the lack of muscle on your tibias is not a bad thing, in fact it is a good thing.
As far as infections go some people never get one, but when they do appear they are easily remedied with daily bandage change and perhaps antibiotics.
-I'm sure the stretch marks will not be an issue if you use cream every day.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up