Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hypothetical future technologies that could make an adult grow taller  (Read 8847 times)

WannaBeTaller222

• Visitor

Hellos everyone , even though Leg Lengthening is the only thing on the market that can increase our height what do you believe in the future technologies ( i mean way in the future ) that could restart the puberty phase in an adult .... i've read up about the possibility in the distant future on reopening growth plates

Am aware this is all science fiction at this current time but it's nice to get an opinion

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2015/09/10/eben-alsbergs-research-is-on-growth-plate-generation-re-implantation-and-even-transdifferentiation-game-changing-breakthrough/

nanokicking

http://www.nanokick.com/

Please comment and give your opinions 

CaptainAmerica

Re: Hypothetical future technologies that could make an adult grow taller
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 01:42:36 AM »

That dude and his friend studied and wrote about the field for years. One of them gave up, the other is trying to grow by pressing down on his foot really hard with weights and growing bumps on his feet. What does that tell you, lol?

I don't think there will be anything for at least another 50 years, maybe longer. Heck, doctors can barely discover cures for things that are heavily funded like cancer, balding, influenzas, etc...

The only reason LL exists is because Soviet ethics allowed Ilizarov to experiment with their Olympians. I don't see anything like that happening ever again. Maybe the Chinese? Who knows.

Certainly not within our lifetimes. But thoughts like this have given me a bit of hope in some times when I needed it.

Just imagine the beautiful dream world where anyone can manipulate their bone structure to become a 6'3 wide-framed chiseled jaw male model for around $250,000. Would be nice. At least for us narcissist who want to live as much of life as we can, at least. I don't think a lot of people would do it honestly, I mean what over 50% of adults are fat, gamers, unhealthy, lots of smokers, etc... Very few people in the real world care about their quality of life.

WannaBeTaller222

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 02:02:06 AM »

True however a baldness cure is going to be on the horizon within a few year give or take

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/fashion-beauty/671135/hair-loss-cure-2018-how-to-fix-balding-science

Also the advent of tissue engineering is something to look into , where there is money there is hope .... also LL in the future could be combined with perhaps stem cells to further healing and tendon elongation to accommodate your longer legs  ..... this is all fantasy mind you ..... but LL is becoming a huge business .... so who knows with technology advancing dreams could be a reality. 

WannaBeTaller222

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 02:04:34 AM »

Also it's sad people would not consider their health , if you live long enough you can see incredible advances of the human condition .... that what motivates me to be healthy anyways.

myloginacct

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 02:10:14 AM »

I've been doing reading and new methods of CLL could pop in less than 50 years. However, I don't think they'd be much less invasive or expensive. It's much simpler to plan and save for external tibias. Just be happy there's a lot of hope for future generations.

cancer, balding, influenzas, etc

Supposedly the cure for balding has been found, or at least that's how the story I heard goes. Cancer is another beast on its own. There's many types of cancers that you just can't see any new possible hope for treatment in our near future, even with newer, arising technology.

Android

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 02:31:37 AM »

Difficult to lump together height with cancer and alopecia (hair loss).

Cancer is a heartbreaking disease that can strike anyone, so it has a very strong fear factor. It's cruel in that no one is safe from it, even the rich. There's a big incentive to find a cure since even if you don't get it, you've probably been effected by it through friends and family.

Hair loss gets much more attention as well since it's something that changes our identity later in life. You have one image of yourself, and slowly you start to look like someone else. Sometimes it's sudden, through disease or as a side effect of treatment. This can be very difficult for your mind to process, and it's strongly tied to the definition of youth to have a full head of hair, so there's a lot of research to fix this. It's also quite traumatizing for women to lose hair after menopause as well, especially since baldness is seen as largely a male problem. There are a lot of companies in East Asia trying to find a cure, and it makes sense since shaving your head isn't as widely accepted there.

Height on the other hand, there's less incentive to "fix" it since it's seen as luck of the draw. For many it's just who you are, like the color of your skin, hair, eyes, etc. It's not seen as a problem, so it's not something that's actively being researched. This is why CLL is such a fringe, somewhat taboo procedure.

However, CLL is just an offshoot of LL. There will always be incentive to fix disfigured limbs or limbs of mismatched lengths, so in extension we may see something beneficial for cosmetic use in the future again as well. We take it for granted that there's nothing better now, even though nothing viable existed before Dr. Ilizarov. We would literally just amputate limbs since it was the better option in many cases. The mere existence of devices like Precice is a blessing, it's interesting to think that some categorize external femurs as barbaric when there was not much else before intramedullary nails.

But getting off topic here, new technologies. For adults, I imagine just better versions of devices like Precice with advanced drugs to speed along recovery time. Better pain management. For children, we'll have gene editing, or at least better formulations of HGH that cost much less.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 10:36:05 PM »

Difficult to lump together height with cancer and alopecia (hair loss).

Cancer is a heartbreaking disease that can strike anyone, so it has a very strong fear factor. It's cruel in that no one is safe from it, even the rich. There's a big incentive to find a cure since even if you don't get it, you've probably been effected by it through friends and family.

Hair loss gets much more attention as well since it's something that changes our identity later in life. You have one image of yourself, and slowly you start to look like someone else. Sometimes it's sudden, through disease or as a side effect of treatment. This can be very difficult for your mind to process, and it's strongly tied to the definition of youth to have a full head of hair, so there's a lot of research to fix this. It's also quite traumatizing for women to lose hair after menopause as well, especially since baldness is seen as largely a male problem. There are a lot of companies in East Asia trying to find a cure, and it makes sense since shaving your head isn't as widely accepted there.

Height on the other hand, there's less incentive to "fix" it since it's seen as luck of the draw. For many it's just who you are, like the color of your skin, hair, eyes, etc. It's not seen as a problem, so it's not something that's actively being researched. This is why CLL is such a fringe, somewhat taboo procedure.

However, CLL is just an offshoot of LL. There will always be incentive to fix disfigured limbs or limbs of mismatched lengths, so in extension we may see something beneficial for cosmetic use in the future again as well. We take it for granted that there's nothing better now, even though nothing viable existed before Dr. Ilizarov. We would literally just amputate limbs since it was the better option in many cases. The mere existence of devices like Precice is a blessing, it's interesting to think that some categorize external femurs as barbaric when there was not much else before intramedullary nails.

But getting off topic here, new technologies. For adults, I imagine just better versions of devices like Precice with advanced drugs to speed along recovery time. Better pain management. For children, we'll have gene editing, or at least better formulations of HGH that cost much less.

I don't know. I'm kind of surprised there's not more interest in height increase research. I guess it's because the science to do it in any non very intrusive way still seems incredibly far off.

WannaBeTaller222

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 01:31:57 AM »

I know , as for my experience being very short has caused incredible self loathing and anxiety , i go to the gym to cope with it but it's always nagging.

I've wondered also why height hasn't been studied more , but as Android has typed , Cancer is higher priority ( and rightly so ).   

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 11:13:24 PM »

I know , as for my experience being very short has caused incredible self loathing and anxiety , i go to the gym to cope with it but it's always nagging.

I've wondered also why height hasn't been studied more , but as Android has typed , Cancer is higher priority ( and rightly so ).

Considering how important height can be, I'm surprised people don't go to even more drastic/extreme measures for height.

I mean, some people are already paying thousands of euros to inject hazardous substances in the soles of their feet, all for one or two centimeters.

WannaBeTaller222

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 06:47:05 PM »

extremis

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 04:09:07 AM »

That dude and his friend studied and wrote about the field for years. One of them gave up, the other is trying to grow by pressing down on his foot really hard with weights and growing bumps on his feet. What does that tell you, lol?

I don't think there will be anything for at least another 50 years, maybe longer. Heck, doctors can barely discover cures for things that are heavily funded like cancer, balding, influenzas, etc...

The only reason LL exists is because Soviet ethics allowed Ilizarov to experiment with their Olympians. I don't see anything like that happening ever again. Maybe the Chinese? Who knows.

Certainly not within our lifetimes. But thoughts like this have given me a bit of hope in some times when I needed it.

Just imagine the beautiful dream world where anyone can manipulate their bone structure to become a 6'3 wide-framed chiseled jaw male model for around $250,000. Would be nice. At least for us narcissist who want to live as much of life as we can, at least. I don't think a lot of people would do it honestly, I mean what over 50% of adults are fat, gamers, unhealthy, lots of smokers, etc... Very few people in the real world care about their quality of life.

If by "that dude" you mean Michael from NaturalHeightGrowth, yes, he gave up. Most likely because he's old now (over 40 years). At that age, your life is more than half over and you're not going to attract any women, be better at sports, have higher fighting success, or basically anything useful just by being taller.

Tyler is delusional and doesn't want to give up on LSJL because he "pioneered" the technique and doesn't want to "kill his darling".

However, Dr. Eben Alsberg has ALREADY succeeded in creating artificial epiphyseal cartilage. Dr. Alexander Teplyashin has done so as well, and even implanted the cartilage into lambs (every one of them had longitudinal bone growth as a result of the implants) and a human patient whose finger bone grew after the implant:

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2016/10/26/alexander-teplyashins-research-increases-length-finger-bone/

http://www.kp.ru/daily/26526.3/3544077/

A few days ago we had that thread about a successful bone lipograft procedure where the head doctor in charge of the procedure even said the technique could be applied to short-statured patients to increase their heights by "tens of centimeters".

Bone implant technologies evolve by the month:

https://futurism.com/doctors-can-now-3d-print-bones-on-demand-thanks-to-a-new-hyperelastic-material/

https://futurism.com/man-receives-worlds-first-3d-printed-tibia-replacement/

As well as stem cell technologies allowing for the mass production of induced Pluripotent Stem Cells, the very highest "tier" of stem cell that is capable of transdifferentiation into ANY type of cell - including mesenchymal stem cells, which are the basis for epiphyseal cartilage, muscle cells, connective tissue, and nerve cells:

https://futurism.com/rapidly-manufacture-stem-cells-fda-approved/

https://futurism.com/scientists-grow-first-ever-working-human-muscle-stem-cells/

https://futurism.com/stem-cells-restore-paralyzed-rats/

"50 years" is an absurd timeframe for an effective, superior alternative to CLL. Even 20 years is VERY conservative. The foundation is already there in the form of both Teplyashin and Alsberg's research. All that's needed is to support for them and their research. If the short-statured community comes together to demand a new, superior solution for height increase (like the Androgenic Alopecia community does), we can EASILY have one within a decade.

ZUCC420

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 11:55:27 AM »

I say we go to these doctors and be their human trials, win win for both parties huh.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 01:43:18 PM »

If by "that dude" you mean Michael from NaturalHeightGrowth, yes, he gave up. Most likely because he's old now (over 40 years). At that age, your life is more than half over and you're not going to attract any women, be better at sports, have higher fighting success, or basically anything useful just by being taller.

Tyler is delusional and doesn't want to give up on LSJL because he "pioneered" the technique and doesn't want to "kill his darling".

However, Dr. Eben Alsberg has ALREADY succeeded in creating artificial epiphyseal cartilage. Dr. Alexander Teplyashin has done so as well, and even implanted the cartilage into lambs (every one of them had longitudinal bone growth as a result of the implants) and a human patient whose finger bone grew after the implant:

http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2016/10/26/alexander-teplyashins-research-increases-length-finger-bone/

A few days ago we had that thread about a successful bone lipograft procedure where the head doctor in charge of the procedure even said the technique could be applied to short-statured patients to increase their heights by "tens of centimeters".

https://futurism.com/doctors-can-now-3d-print-bones-on-demand-thanks-to-a-new-hyperelastic-material/

As well as stem cell technologies allowing for the mass production of induced Pluripotent Stem Cells, the very highest "tier" of stem cell that is capable of transdifferentiation into ANY type of cell - including mesenchymal stem cells, which are the basis for epiphyseal cartilage, muscle cells, connective tissue, and nerve cells:

https://futurism.com/scientists-grow-first-ever-working-human-muscle-stem-cells/

"50 years" is an absurd timeframe for an effective, superior alternative to CLL. Even 20 years is VERY conservative. The foundation is already there in the form of both Teplyashin and Alsberg's research. All that's needed is to support for them and their research. If the short-statured community comes together to demand a new, superior solution for height increase (like the Androgenic Alopecia community does), we can EASILY have one within a decade.

I see what you mean. I do agree that it probably would be as simple as growing some epiphyseal cartilage and just add water (HGH), or some other form of stem cell implantation to stimulate growth. I don't think that would be that hard to do in a lab, in theory. I could certainly see that within the next 10 years.

But to start doing it within humans? And for a med company to spend the funding on it? Knowing very well that they may not be able to secure a patent for such a process? And to modify this process to ensure that it grows bones properly, instead of just being a weird malignant overgrowth, or having any adverse effects. First off, I can't even imagine any researchers in America attempting to do this just because of the potential harmful effects that may arise during clinical trials.

You underestimate just how little doctors, the medical field, and pharmaceuticals care about this. I do think we'll see things to regenerate things like hip bones and knees for old people, because those have a practical medical purpose, but epiphyseal plates? I don't think we'll see for a long time. And also, adapting those processes I just mentioned into height growth or just bone growth in general would also take years and years of research and enormous costs on their own before they are used for height augmentation.

Doctors are morons, they don't care about your actual quality of life nor do they care about the problems short people, balding men, micropenised men, painfully ugly people, etc.. because they are all "medically healthy" and are not truly in "physical" pain. Prescribe SSRIs and move on, that's their modus operandi.

But yep, if you get epiphyseal cartilage it's done and game over, there are only what, ~270-206 bones in the human body? For a couple hundred thousand I can imagine a procedure where every single bone is nurtured with some artificial form of epiphyseal cartilage in direct proportion to the amount that would be present if you were still young and growing (as well as in direct proportion to how much you would like to grow) and then you simply just have to wait to grow "naturally." That would be a dream come true. But I really think this is, at the very least, 50 years off still before it is used in humans.

Also lol at thinking the "short-statured" community would come together. 90% of short men are just so painfully beyond delusional and think they are hot   because after being ignored for women by 10 years and going bald, they now own a business and work out and can pick up a fat single mom. It's not going to happen. A lot of short-statured men don't even see a problem with their height like on /r/short just a lot of retards trying to act like they're not missing out on a lot of massive social and sexual components of male adult life.

Zeo

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »

You pretty much are trying to do the same thing the user Harald Oberlaender has been trying to do for YEARS and you can see how far he's gotten.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5139.0

This research is not going to take off anytime soon, at least not until we are well past our youth. And if it does the "short community" is going to be 0% responsible for it. I also lol at these people coming together.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 04:38:04 PM »

For the next 20-30 years at least nothing will be done to increase height to already grown adult people except from LL.
So stop thinking about all these bs because it is delusional to think that you'll be taller with anything else than LL.
For me, internal full weight bearing magnetic nails are more than enough and I'll be completely ok to get taller with them even if I'll lose some of my athletic abilities (more, because I have already did LL).
So if you really want to get taller stop moaning and waiting for future biomechanic researches that won't come even in 30 years and do LL.
After weight bearing magnetic nails like stryde come to karket then LL will have reached its top and we won't have to expect nothing more except from some better prices.

LL is the present and the future for geting taller, anyone else who waits for something other he will get old still waiting.

WannaBeTaller222

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 04:57:21 PM »

Delusions ?

Why is it bull   ? why because people want to find an alternative to a crippling treatment that takes months for you to teach yourself to develop a decent gait ? why not try and hypothesize something of an alternative ? , also yes you may increase height though LL , but what about propositional integrity when you do indeed lengthen 3 to 4 inches ? ( small hands , head are more noticeable etc )

What if you want to manipulate the mass of your skeleton and increase your bones mass ?

Right now people on the acne community are talking about a skin regenerative treatment called SkinTE ( it's at the later stages of clinical trials and said to be very positive that it could work ) .... years ago the only way to " improve " scarring was laser ..... in a few years we will be able to get rid of scars for good ( fully regenerative skin ) if you get cut , acne , or any other skin issue.

Why is this so important ? because scarring is devastating psychologically and emotionally ( some attempt suicide because of it ) and researchers know this ( which means the sufferers are willing to pay top dollar to get what they want )

My point is if people are aware of how psychologically and emotionally devastating it is to be short perhaps science and society will recognise this and maybe do something ? ....

And what's this fixation of " in 50 years " ? what makes you assume in 50 years that only until then it will be possible to increase height ( apart from breaking your bones ).

myloginacct

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »

Teplyashin was in the process of patenting his technique, so it's going to take a lot of time and it's probably going to be more expensive than Paley.

Body Builder

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 05:57:30 PM »

Delusions ?

Why is it bull   ? why because people want to find an alternative to a crippling treatment that takes months for you to teach yourself to develop a decent gait ? why not try and hypothesize something of an alternative ? , also yes you may increase height though LL , but what about propositional integrity when you do indeed lengthen 3 to 4 inches ? ( small hands , head are more noticeable etc )

What if you want to manipulate the mass of your skeleton and increase your bones mass ?

Right now people on the acne community are talking about a skin regenerative treatment called SkinTE ( it's at the later stages of clinical trials and said to be very positive that it could work ) .... years ago the only way to " improve " scarring was laser ..... in a few years we will be able to get rid of scars for good ( fully regenerative skin ) if you get cut , acne , or any other skin issue.

Why is this so important ? because scarring is devastating psychologically and emotionally ( some attempt suicide because of it ) and researchers know this ( which means the sufferers are willing to pay top dollar to get what they want )

My point is if people are aware of how psychologically and emotionally devastating it is to be short perhaps science and society will recognise this and maybe do something ? ....

And what's this fixation of " in 50 years " ? what makes you assume in 50 years that only until then it will be possible to increase height ( apart from breaking your bones ).
Because nothing is even close to make gaining height otherwise possible.
And no, LL is not crippling you. If you lengthen sensibly and have no big complications. You lose some athletic abilities but nowhere close to crippling.

Doctors can't even create artificial hearts, kidneys etc and people die everyday because they have to wait years for donors and some of you think that you are going to get taller by geting some pills or something like that?
This is veey distant and imo it will never come to reality because babies in the future could have certain genes that will define their height, eye colour and all these so short stature will be extinct so there is no need for therapies that treat short stature.

So yes, LL is the one and only solution for so many years that all of us will be dead or very old.
If you want to talk about future generations then ok, but for us and at least the next generation LL will be the choice for geting taller.

extremis

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »

I see what you mean. I do agree that it probably would be as simple as growing some epiphyseal cartilage and just add water (HGH), or some other form of stem cell implantation to stimulate growth. I don't think that would be that hard to do in a lab, in theory. I could certainly see that within the next 10 years.

But to start doing it within humans? And for a med company to spend the funding on it? Knowing very well that they may not be able to secure a patent for such a process? And to modify this process to ensure that it grows bones properly, instead of just being a weird malignant overgrowth, or having any adverse effects. First off, I can't even imagine any researchers in America attempting to do this just because of the potential harmful effects that may arise during clinical trials.

You underestimate just how little doctors, the medical field, and pharmaceuticals care about this. I do think we'll see things to regenerate things like hip bones and knees for old people, because those have a practical medical purpose, but epiphyseal plates? I don't think we'll see for a long time. And also, adapting those processes I just mentioned into height growth or just bone growth in general would also take years and years of research and enormous costs on their own before they are used for height augmentation.

http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-AR061265-02

Funded by the National Institute of Health (NIS) and National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). This is the project where he successfully replicated epiphyseal cartilage. Funding wasn't renewed past the 2-year mark, most likely due to your keen observation that the implantation may prove too unpredictable to be considered "safe". However, Dr. Alsberg and his team have been working on precisely that by studying means by which to control stem cell differentiation through novel pathways, as well as testing other methods for chondrocyte generation through mesenchymal stem cells:

http://engineering.case.edu/ebme/alsberg/publications

Just a few excerpts from his publications last year (and his first one this year):

Alsberg Publications

Wang S, Bruning A, Jeon O, , Long F, Alsberg E, Choi CK: An in-situ photocrosslinking microfluidic technique to generate non-spherical, cytocompatible, degradable, monodisperse alginate microgels for chondrocyte encapsulation. Biomicrofluidics, (in press, 2018).

Dikina AD, Alt DS, Herberg S, McMillan A, Strobel HA, Zheng Z, Cao M, Lai BP, Jeon O, Petsinger VI, Cotton CU, Rolle MW, Alsberg E: A modular strategy to engineer complex tissues and organs. Advanced Science (in press, 2017).

Dang PN, Herberg S, Varghai D, Riazi H, Varghai D, McMillan A, Awadallah A, Phillips LM, Jeon O, Nguyen MK, Dwivedi N, Yu X, Murphy WL, Alsberg E: Endochondral ossification in critical-sized bone defects via readily implantable scaffold-free stem cell constructs. Stem Cells Translational Medicine (in press, 2017).

Dikina AD, Lai BP, Cao M, Zborowski M, Alsberg E: Magnetic field application or mechanical stimulation via magnetic microparticles does not enhance chondrogenesis in mesenchymal stem cell sheets. Biomaterials Science (in press, 2017).

Almeida H, Dikina A, Mulhall K, O'Brien F, Alsberg E, Kelly, D: Porous Scaffolds Derived from Devitalized Tissue Engineered Cartilaginous Matrix Support Chondrogenesis of Adult Stem Cells. ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering (in press, 2017).

Cunniffe GM, Gonzalez-Fernandez T, Daly A, Sathy BN, Jeon O, Alsberg E, Kelly DJ:  3D Bioprinting of PCL Reinforced Gene Activated Bioinks for Bone Tissue Engineering Tissue Engineering, Part A (in press, 2017).

Dikina AD, Almeida HV, Cao M, Kelly DJ, Alsberg E: Scaffolds derived from ECM produced by chondrogenically-induced human MSC condensates support human MSC Chondrogenesis. ACS Biomaterials (in press, 2017). Invited for special themed issue “Biomimetic Bioactive Materials: The Next Generation of Implantable Devices.”

Sathy BN, Olvera D, Gonzalez-Fernandez T, Cunniffe GM, Pentlavalli S, Chambers P, Jeon O, Alsberg E, McCarthy HO, Dunne N, Donahue TLH, Kelly DJ: RALA complexed α-TCP nanoparticle delivery to mesenchymal stem cells induces bone formation in tissue engineered constructs in vitro and in vivo. Journal of Material Chemistry B (in press, 2017).

Doctors are morons, they don't care about your actual quality of life nor do they care about the problems short people, balding men, micropenised men, painfully ugly people, etc.. because they are all "medically healthy" and are not truly in "physical" pain. Prescribe SSRIs and move on, that's their modus operandi.

Agreed.

But yep, if you get epiphyseal cartilage it's done and game over, there are only what, ~270-206 bones in the human body? For a couple hundred thousand I can imagine a procedure where every single bone is nurtured with some artificial form of epiphyseal cartilage in direct proportion to the amount that would be present if you were still young and growing (as well as in direct proportion to how much you would like to grow) and then you simply just have to wait to grow "naturally." That would be a dream come true. But I really think this is, at the very least, 50 years off still before it is used in humans.

50 years is, again, WAY too conservative. Even if we assume the technology isn't available within the next 10 years, advanced computer systems (sophisticated AIs, data mining algorithms, etc) will be here within 20 for sure. These are already used in research and studies in the fields of Neurology and Cancer research. They speed up discoveries of new techniques for treating diseases by an astounding amount.

This thing you're talking about where the technology is used to increase the length of every bone in your body to make you perfectly proportional is more likely MUCH farther away, yes. But most people on this forum, and I'm willing to bet most short men in general, would be willing to sacrifice proportionality to some extent if it meant increasing their stature.

This isn't PSL (I feel like you're from there). Most people here aren't obsessed with being male models with 25 inch bideltoids or whatever neurotic bullshyt. For most of the short statured male community, longer legs are more than enough to solve their problem (hence traditional leg-lengthening surgery). In some of the more extreme cases (< 5'4"), MAYBE arm lengthening and a small amount of interspinal disk height increase.

Also lol at thinking the "short-statured" community would come together. 90% of short men are just so painfully beyond delusional and think they are hot   because after being ignored for women by 10 years and going bald, they now own a business and work out and can pick up a fat single mom. It's not going to happen. A lot of short-statured men don't even see a problem with their height like on /r/short just a lot of retards trying to act like they're not missing out on a lot of massive social and sxxual components of male adult life.

I absolutely agree that they're delusional and most likely would never be interested in helping, but Reddit's r/short doesn't comprise "90%" of the short-statured male community in the least. That board is made up of maybe 50 "regulars" (like the user 5ft4mike) who spend the whole day circlejerking and pretending to be "alpha".

You pretty much are trying to do the same thing the user Harald Oberlaender has been trying to do for YEARS and you can see how far he's gotten.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5139.0

This research is not going to take off anytime soon, at least not until we are well past our youth. And if it does the "short community" is going to be 0% responsible for it. I also lol at these people coming together.

1.) "Harald Oberlaender" is, in all likelihood, a scammer trying to con people into sending his private "organization" (don't remember the name) money. I'm not asking anyone to send me a thing. MAYBE if the community of short-statured people who want to be taller grows enough, we could all use one of various third-party crowdfunding systems in place to send funds to researchers. This would help things along, but wouldn't be absolutely necessary. Balding is researched very often because researchers know that if a safe, effective solution is available, people will pay for one.

2.) The research has already "taken off", and it was without the short community saying anything about it, so I guess you're half right?

3.) You "lol" at everything I have to say, because you're angry at me for rejecting and publicly debunking your feel-good positivist delusion posts. I understand. It's hard to face reality. But attacking me doesn't change anything.

Because nothing is even close to make gaining height otherwise possible.
And no, LL is not crippling you. If you lengthen sensibly and have no big complications. You lose some athletic abilities but nowhere close to crippling.

For some people, losing "some athletic abilities" isn't acceptable or worth it. For others, the risk of "big complications" isn't acceptable or worth it. Lengthening "sensibly" has nothing to do with developing complications or not, and neither does picking a good doctor.

Nobody wants to end up like Unicorn or other posters who ruined their lives with LL. A lot of people risk LL because they have no other hope or means of escaping short stature.

Doctors can't even create artificial hearts, kidneys etc and people die everyday because they have to wait years for donors and some of you think that you are going to get taller by geting some pills or something like that?

It's not by "getting some pills". Please don't belittle or trivialize the research if you haven't read and don't understand it.

This is veey distant and imo it will never come to reality because babies in the future could have certain genes that will define their height, eye colour and all these so short stature will be extinct so there is no need for therapies that treat short stature.

It's absolutely comical that you think this type of genetic engineering is close but basic stem cell tissue engineering is "veey distant" [sic]. Molecular biology clearly isn't your field of expertise.

So yes, LL is the one and only solution for so many years that all of us will be dead or very old.
If you want to talk about future generations then ok, but for us and at least the next generation LL will be the choice for geting taller.

It's a little bit suspicious how hard you're trying to discourage people from seeking alternatives to distraction osteogenesis. I feel like this has less to do with you believing a better solution won't come about "in our lifetimes" and more to do with the fact you've already taken the risks and hampered your physical abilities by doing LL and you don't want anyone else to be able to get a treatment that doesn't do that, i.e. "if I can't have it, no one can" syndrome.

myloginacct

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 09:52:03 PM »

Quote from: extremis
Lengthening "sensibly" has nothing to do with developing complications or not, and neither does picking a good doctor.

Maybe it does. It's just that no one does it. LAGrowin just recently mentioned only really feeling tightness after 3cm. However, no one pays tens of thousands of dollars just for 3cm.

myloginacct

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 10:26:24 PM »

Also, even Alsberg's research doesn't seem like it could solve the soft tissue issue, or does it?

Zeo

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 12:46:12 AM »

1.) "Harald Oberlaender" is, in all likelihood, a scammer trying to con people into sending his private "organization" (don't remember the name) money. I'm not asking anyone to send me a thing. MAYBE if the community of short-statured people who want to be taller grows enough, we could all use one of various third-party crowdfunding systems in place to send funds to researchers. This would help things along, but wouldn't be absolutely necessary. Balding is researched very often because researchers know that if a safe, effective solution is available, people will pay for one.

2.) The research has already "taken off", and it was without the short community saying anything about it, so I guess you're half right?

3.) You "lol" at everything I have to say, because you're angry at me for rejecting and publicly debunking your feel-good positivist delusion posts. I understand. It's hard to face reality. But attacking me doesn't change anything.

Lmao take it easy there Galileo you didn't "debunk"  anything, I just have a different view of life than you do. I lol at everything you say because you have this really distorted perspective. You are on an LL forum trying to combince people not to do LL and spend their time and energy on this alternative. It funny because you go on these long passionate rants and you get nowhere. You just sound like a really really bitter person so it's hard to take you seriously

extremis

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 01:31:46 AM »

Maybe it does. It's just that no one does it. LAGrowin just recently mentioned only really feeling tightness after 3cm. However, no one pays tens of thousands of dollars just for 3cm.

Scientifically speaking, I don't see why it would. None of the scientific literature behind LL suggests that there's some magic "small enough" number such that significant soft tissue damage does not occur as a result of distraction osteogenesis. A distended tendon/muscle body is distended and that's that. Whether the distension is 3 cm, 5 cm, 8 cm or 10 cm, unnaturally stretching bone tissue by force results in damage to soft tissue.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12394466

When distraction osteogenesis (at < or = 1.4 mm/day) is done in skeletally immature animals, muscle adapts by creating a longer and functionally intact muscle. This is achieved through muscle growth, the proliferation of myogenic cells ultimately leading to serial addition of sarcomeres. When distraction osteogenesis is done in skeletally mature animals, however, the same distraction regimen leads to a lengthened muscle that has significant fibrosis and weakness, the latter possibly a result of partial denervation. Despite a modest but significant elevation of local insulinlike growth factor-1 in the lengthened muscles from adult animals, muscle growth is not adequate and leads to a loss of function.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18973235

The anatomical location (gastrocnemius, peroneus tertius, and first flexor digitorum longus muscle), dimension and occurrence of muscular defects were characterized histologically. The callus formation and leg axis was monitored by weekly X-rays. Additionally, serum creatine kinase was analyzed during a distraction and consolidation period. Significant signs of muscle lesions in all three observed muscles can be found postoperatively, whereas normal callus formation and regular leg axis was observed radiologically. The peroneus tertius and first flexor digitorum longus muscles were found to have significantly more signs of fibrosis, inflammatory, and necrosis.

Also, even Alsberg's research doesn't seem like it could solve the soft tissue issue, or does it?

Referring to the second study above, this sentence:

When distraction osteogenesis (at < or = 1.4 mm/day) is done in skeletally immature animals, muscle adapts by creating a longer and functionally intact muscle. This is achieved through muscle growth, the proliferation of myogenic cells ultimately leading to serial addition of sarcomeres.

Leads me to believe that either Teplyashin's or Alsberg's research very well might solve the problem. If "Skeletally immature" in this case refers to bone maturity (and it should, given the context of the sentence), i.e. the presence (or lack) of epiphyseal cartilage and the occurrence of mesenchymal stem cell differentiation into chondrocytes, which then proliferate towardd the epiphyseal line. "Skeletally immature animals" are those with a bone age corresponding to existing epiphyseal cartilage and ongoing longitudinal bone growth.

In that case, there's no reason why implanting new epiphyseal cartilage wouldn't work the same way - the new cartilage could be manipulated through chemical or mechanical means to yield new growth that would be functionally identical to the growth that occurs naturally during human development ("growth spurts" in puberty).

Lmao take it easy there Galileo you didn't "debunk"  anything,

When I offer cogent, cohesive and scientifically substantiated arguments and you respond with ad hominems and other offhand dismissals based on personal incredulity or bias with absolutely no logical or scientific substantiation, I call that "debunking". And in that respect, I've most certainly debunked the things you've said.

I just have a different view of life than you do. I lol at everything you say because you have this really distorted perspective.

"I lol at everything you say because your view of life is different, which means your perspective is distorted, because everyone and anyone who disagrees with me is obviously wrong"

Could you be any more of a solipsistic narcissist? Lmao. Pathetic.

You are on an LL forum trying to combince people not to do LL and spend their time and energy on this alternative. It funny because you go on these long passionate rants and you get nowhere. You just sound like a really really bitter person so it's hard to take you seriously

I'm not trying to "combince" anyone to not do LL. I'm trying to encourage the community to work together to support research into new surgeries/methods for height increase, many of which already exist and are in progress (as I've shown in this thread).

What's really "funny" is how you insist on attacking me because I refuse to capitulate to your ideology and yet somehow come to the conclusion that I'm the one who's "really really bitter". I honestly don't care whether you take me seriously or not. I can tell you that when it comes to you, it isn't "hard" to take you seriously because I don't even try to take you seriously at all. You have absolutely nothing of scientific, intellectual or even philosophical rigor to offer beyond delusional positivism and petulant, immature temper tantrums when people refuse to agree with you. You're basically a passive-aggressive version of the user BruceWayne.

Body Builder

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2018, 03:20:24 AM »

http://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-AR061265-02

Funded by the National Institute of Health (NIS) and National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). This is the project where he successfully replicated epiphyseal cartilage. Funding wasn't renewed past the 2-year mark, most likely due to your keen observation that the implantation may prove too unpredictable to be considered "safe". However, Dr. Alsberg and his team have been working on precisely that by studying means by which to control stem cell differentiation through novel pathways, as well as testing other methods for chondrocyte generation through mesenchymal stem cells:

http://engineering.case.edu/ebme/alsberg/publications

Just a few excerpts from his publications last year (and his first one this year):

Agreed.

50 years is, again, WAY too conservative. Even if we assume the technology isn't available within the next 10 years, advanced computer systems (sophisticated AIs, data mining algorithms, etc) will be here within 20 for sure. These are already used in research and studies in the fields of Neurology and Cancer research. They speed up discoveries of new techniques for treating diseases by an astounding amount.

This thing you're talking about where the technology is used to increase the length of every bone in your body to make you perfectly proportional is more likely MUCH farther away, yes. But most people on this forum, and I'm willing to bet most short men in general, would be willing to sacrifice proportionality to some extent if it meant increasing their stature.

This isn't PSL (I feel like you're from there). Most people here aren't obsessed with being male models with 25 inch bideltoids or whatever neurotic bullshyt. For most of the short statured male community, longer legs are more than enough to solve their problem (hence traditional leg-lengthening surgery). In some of the more extreme cases (< 5'4"), MAYBE arm lengthening and a small amount of interspinal disk height increase.

I absolutely agree that they're delusional and most likely would never be interested in helping, but Reddit's r/short doesn't comprise "90%" of the short-statured male community in the least. That board is made up of maybe 50 "regulars" (like the user 5ft4mike) who spend the whole day circlejerking and pretending to be "alpha".

For some people, losing "some athletic abilities" isn't acceptable or worth it. For others, the risk of "big complications" isn't acceptable or worth it. Lengthening "sensibly" has nothing to do with developing complications or not, and neither does picking a good doctor.

Nobody wants to end up like Unicorn or other posters who ruined their lives with LL. A lot of people risk LL because they have no other hope or means of escaping short stature.

It's not by "getting some pills". Please don't belittle or trivialize the research if you haven't read and don't understand it.

It's absolutely comical that you think this type of genetic engineering is close but basic stem cell tissue engineering is "veey distant" [sic]. Molecular biology clearly isn't your field of expertise.

It's a little bit suspicious how hard you're trying to discourage people from seeking alternatives to distraction osteogenesis. I feel like this has less to do with you believing a better solution won't come about "in our lifetimes" and more to do with the fact you've already taken the risks and hampered your physical abilities by doing LL and you don't want anyone else to be able to get a treatment that doesn't do that, i.e. "if I can't have it, no one can" syndrome.
Of course having a good outcome has a lot to do with the doctor you pick up.
If Unicorn didn't have a bad bone breaking (as with all Guichet patients) and didn't lengthen 2mm per day (as Guichet told her) she wouldn't suffer non union.
If the doctor does a good cut and the patient lengthens sensibly at a low rate, the only complication of LL is infection which in 99% of cases could be easily treated by oral antibiotics.
Yes, the biomechanical changes cause you a loss of athletic abilities but thats it.
If you think that with a magic solution (gene therapy or anything) you'll have the height you want and your body will easily adapt to that then again you are delusional.
After all, if anyone could have easily and with no problems the height he wants then everyone, even the tall ones will want to get taller so as to still be taller than the others. So what will be the new average, 8 feet?
All these are insane.

And your last paragraph is completely crap.
If I didn'r believe in LL I wouldn't plan to do another one in the next 2 years, especially when my first LL harmed my athletic abilities as you said (and it is true in some degree).
But I truly believe there won't be any other choice for the next many years so thats why I am fully determined about another one LL and I am completely ok with that.
If you want to wait and become taller by taking some pills or injecting something that will make you 6.2 or something then it is your choice.
For me this is completely delusional and I don't have time to lose so I plan another one LL, that time with stryde which is the best solution that anyone who wants to get taller can use, for the many next years, at least imo.

extremis

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2018, 04:29:09 AM »

Of course having a good outcome has a lot to do with the doctor you pick up.
If Unicorn didn't have a bad bone breaking (as with all Guichet patients) and didn't lengthen 2mm per day (as Guichet told her) she wouldn't suffer non union.

You couldn't possibly know this. There's no possible way to prove it. Guichet is hardly a back-alley doctor like some of the cheaper options in 3rd world countries, he's had plenty of successful patients. Even Paley, the most expensive option that's located in probably the most medically advanced country (U.S.) has had multiple complications in the past:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4122.0

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-doctor-dror-paley-20160318-story.html

There was also that one patient (ProgramDude?) who had his tibia (or femur, don't recall which) snap while he was walking in the mall, pretty sure he did his surgery with Paley.

Every doctor has success and failure stories, and while surgeon skill does play a part in how many of each a doctor has, at the end of the day the biggest factor deciding how your surgery/recovery will go is just plain dumb luck. Even among other invasive procedures, distraction osteogenesis is a gruesome, crude surgery where a ton of things can go wrong at any point in the process (surgery, hospital stay, consolidation, recuperation). Trying to portray it as this super-safe procedure where things only go wrong if you pick the "wrong" surgeon is just silly.

If the doctor does a good cut and the patient lengthens sensibly at a low rate, the only complication of LL is infection which in 99% of cases could be easily treated by oral antibiotics.

Yes, the biomechanical changes cause you a loss of athletic abilities but thats it.

That's a massive price to pay for a lot of people, and one that shouldn't be necessary to pay, which is the whole point of trying to develop alternative solutions.

If you think that with a magic solution (gene therapy or anything) you'll have the height you want and your body will easily adapt to that then again you are delusional.
After all, if anyone could have easily and with no problems the height he wants then everyone, even the tall ones will want to get taller so as to still be taller than the others. So what will be the new average, 8 feet?
All these are insane.

This is a common assertion by people who argue against limb lengthening in general (in your case, you're just arguing against potential replacements for distraction osteogenesis). My answer is the same: this is false. The average will not be "8 feet" if an alternative technique for height increase is developed, no matter how easy, non-invasive, cheap or accessible the procedure is.

The reason why is that there's a limit to how large the human form can become without suffering severe biomechanical problems resulting in massive drops in quality of life.

https://futurism.com/videos/watch-how-big-can-a-person-get/

The ceiling for average human height is in fact more or less what it is in the tallest countries (Netherlands, Dinaric Alps, etc) right now: the range from 6'1" to 6'4". People who are 7 feet tall and above (i.e. acromegaly patients and so on) generally suffer from massive orthopedic problems (knees especially) and die very young (<40 years old). That's not a coincidence. The human body isn't designed to get that big.

PERHAPS if the surgery was cheap and effective enough that everyone on earth could get it, all that would happen is everyone would be the same height (or very close to it). Since this would mean the end of height-based discrimination (if everyone's "tall", then no one is), that shouldn't be a problem for any short person.

And your last paragraph is completely crap.
If I didn'r believe in LL I wouldn't plan to do another one in the next 2 years, especially when my first LL harmed my athletic abilities as you said (and it is true in some degree).
But I truly believe there won't be any other choice for the next many years so thats why I am fully determined about another one LL and I am completely ok with that.
If you want to wait and become taller by taking some pills or injecting something that will make you 6.2 or something then it is your choice.
For me this is completely delusional and I don't have time to lose so I plan another one LL, that time with stryde which is the best solution that anyone who wants to get taller can use, for the many next years, at least imo.

Now you're being more intellectually honest. I don't know whether or not you're telling the truth and you really don't just want to keep people from supporting the development of better solutions, and I frankly don't care. Your life is yours to live as you see fit. So is everyone else's.

What I'm trying to do is demonstrate that it is not "delusional" to believe a safer, superior, non-athletically crippling alternative for height increase will become available LONG before the absolutely outlandish timeframes given by some users here (your 20 years and the 50 (!!!) cited by others). I've used both reasoning and scientific evidence to back this (as I've shown in this thread, research is already ongoing, technologies relevant to the procedures are advancing literally by the day) because I know that basing claims purely on one's own opinions and beliefs is neither convincing nor (in the majority of cases) accurate.

Zeo

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 08:15:20 AM »

Lol you can't debunk a personal preference on how somebody prefers to live their life. And good job twisting my words. Nobody is "attacking" you for not following an "ideology". A lot of people here don't agree with one another and so we all tend to just agree to disagree. With you it's just funny to see you go on one of your 8 paragraph autistic rants when somebody disagrees with you. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, you're stuck in your ways. You seem to be a person that going to find a way to be miserable no matter what. You get your panties all bunched up over nothing. It's more sad than anything.

And lol at you "encouraging" the community to work together. If that was your goal you did a piss poor job.

So write another 8 paragraph rant and "encourage" the community to work together some more. It's working great so far.

Body Builder

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »

You couldn't possibly know this. There's no possible way to prove it. Guichet is hardly a back-alley doctor like some of the cheaper options in 3rd world countries, he's had plenty of successful patients. Even Paley, the most expensive option that's located in probably the most medically advanced country (U.S.) has had multiple complications in the past:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4122.0

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-doctor-dror-paley-20160318-story.html

There was also that one patient (ProgramDude?) who had his tibia (or femur, don't recall which) snap while he was walking in the mall, pretty sure he did his surgery with Paley.

Every doctor has success and failure stories, and while surgeon skill does play a part in how many of each a doctor has, at the end of the day the biggest factor deciding how your surgery/recovery will go is just plain dumb luck. Even among other invasive procedures, distraction osteogenesis is a gruesome, crude surgery where a ton of things can go wrong at any point in the process (surgery, hospital stay, consolidation, recuperation). Trying to portray it as this super-safe procedure where things only go wrong if you pick the "wrong" surgeon is just silly.

That's a massive price to pay for a lot of people, and one that shouldn't be necessary to pay, which is the whole point of trying to develop alternative solutions.

This is a common assertion by people who argue against limb lengthening in general (in your case, you're just arguing against potential replacements for distraction osteogenesis). My answer is the same: this is false. The average will not be "8 feet" if an alternative technique for height increase is developed, no matter how easy, non-invasive, cheap or accessible the procedure is.

The reason why is that there's a limit to how large the human form can become without suffering severe biomechanical problems resulting in massive drops in quality of life.

https://futurism.com/videos/watch-how-big-can-a-person-get/

The ceiling for average human height is in fact more or less what it is in the tallest countries (Netherlands, Dinaric Alps, etc) right now: the range from 6'1" to 6'4". People who are 7 feet tall and above (i.e. acromegaly patients and so on) generally suffer from massive orthopedic problems (knees especially) and die very young (<40 years old). That's not a coincidence. The human body isn't designed to get that big.

PERHAPS if the surgery was cheap and effective enough that everyone on earth could get it, all that would happen is everyone would be the same height (or very close to it). Since this would mean the end of height-based discrimination (if everyone's "tall", then no one is), that shouldn't be a problem for any short person.

Now you're being more intellectually honest. I don't know whether or not you're telling the truth and you really don't just want to keep people from supporting the development of better solutions, and I frankly don't care. Your life is yours to live as you see fit. So is everyone else's.

What I'm trying to do is demonstrate that it is not "delusional" to believe a safer, superior, non-athletically crippling alternative for height increase will become available LONG before the absolutely outlandish timeframes given by some users here (your 20 years and the 50 (!!!) cited by others). I've used both reasoning and scientific evidence to back this (as I've shown in this thread, research is already ongoing, technologies relevant to the procedures are advancing literally by the day) because I know that basing claims purely on one's own opinions and beliefs is neither convincing nor (in the majority of cases) accurate.
Extremis you seem like a clever poster.
But you are inexperienced about LL. You have it on your mind like something barbaric that could easily cripple you and will make you walk like an old man.
All these are false. With LL, if you have a good doctor and lengthen sensibly and slow, everything is manageable. Snaping a bone (although very rare) does not mean that this bone won't consolidate again. Malunion can be treated (I had one in my right tibia and after a second surgery it is 100% straight), even non unions are treatable most if the times. So if a surgeon does not cripple you by damaging nerves then everything can be fixed, except from madsive lengthening that can't be adapted from body's biomechanics. But this something that a patient should know and decide where to stop.
Personally I lengthened 3 inches on tibias which is a lot but if I didn't have the problems with my atl (and I still rehabilitate from my at shortening surgery done 9 months ago) I am sure that the difference compared to my pre LL condition would be non visible in my everyday life.

So LL is a good solution for someone who does not want to wait for a medical revolution as the one you described. People do LL since 1960 and no other solution was invented for geting taller. If you think that we are close to something so big like make a grown adult taller (which is very very complicated and will have many applications like make someone younger or creating bionic body members and all these that have to do with new genes) then you can wait. I read a lot of medical news, I haven't met anything like that being close to start being used to people.
And I don't know your age but I am 29 and I want to become taller up my 32 years so as to still be young to benefit from being taller.
If you are 18 yo yes, you can wait 6-7 years and see but for me there is no other choice than LL.
And trust me, with an internal stable weight bearing magnetic nail I don't want anything else to have a successful LL.
I don't think that any major improvement on geting taller will be out for the next 20-30 years but if you think otherwise you can wait. We'll see who will be right even if we won't discuss it here.  ;D

financialadvisor

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2018, 01:04:15 PM »

Everyone can read about Alexander Teplyashin work at http://stemcellrussia.com/ru_companies
I read that they already tried regrowing a working hyaline growth plate and implanted back into volunteer human patient, however no reference or scientific proof.
As for now, I think teplyashin is focussing on treatment of arthritis with stem cells, nonetheless, I see multiple news threads of his laboratory staff on bioengineering human body's cells in lots of areas - muscle, hear, eyes etc.
Of course, it won't be used commercially in the medium term for sure, however Chinese already combined stem cells with LL and it reduced consolidation time I think around 23 days per cm.
Lastly, stem cells technologies were banned in the US on Obama presidency years and only developing and frontier countries were performing research in this field, I hope now when regulations were lessened in developed markets, research funding will surge. Especially when there's a niche in this market, with enormous profit potential in cosmetic lenghtening.

The Dreamer

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2018, 01:08:21 PM »

Bodybuilder,the one doesn't exclude the other
Supporting the research with a small ammount of money doesn't exclude the possibility of doing leg lengthening
Leg lengthening is the present,not the future
This is a serious surgery,don't try to to make seem it too easy
If something goes wrong and there are good chances,you are done.Crippled or worse.End of the story
This can happen to anyone of us,no matter of which doctor.If you are unlucky or your body doesn't handle it,you can face serious complications that can ruin your life.
There are too many unpredictable factors.That's why this surgery will never be the future.
You were lucky on your tibias.But keep in mind that you can still be crippled doing your femurs.
Besides doing LL,our only hope is to become a real community and supporting alternatives:donating for a small shiny hope instead of buying a pack of cigarettes
If all had your attitude ,we would be still sleeping in caves
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

WannaBeTaller222

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »

Yes Dreamer !!! love your attitude bro.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up