Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question for veterans of tibia lengtheners  (Read 397 times)

limby101

A question for veterans of tibia lengtheners
« on: May 02, 2024, 11:00:12 PM »

With external or internal method, how many of you had swelling or persisting edema in the ankle long after fixator  removal? Is it possible to reach zero swelling one day?

And another question is about the foot mobility. Im starting to the range of motion and flexibility of Achilles tendon is permanently limited.. is it possible to ever go back to normal function?

Beemer m3

Re: A question for veterans of tibia lengtheners
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 09:14:57 AM »

my foot had swelling but healed after like 20 days i would say after lengthening.
i use my ankle board daily and i walk daily about .9 miles a day . my left foot is feeling alot better. back then it was tight. its getting loose by the day. i just put my ankles in different position while i drive. like knocking out the tightness while i drive.

how are you feeling with ur feet? ballerina foot?
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Bagga

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 04:23:11 AM »

With external or internal method, how many of you had swelling or persisting edema in the ankle long after fixator  removal? Is it possible to reach zero swelling one day?

And another question is about the foot mobility. Im starting to the range of motion and flexibility of Achilles tendon is permanently limited.. is it possible to ever go back to normal function?

Foot swelling is normal for Tibias during Lengthening and sometimes consolidation whenever you sit too long.
1. Walk at least 2000 steps per day
2. Daily stretching
3. Use Ice pads
4. Wear compressed sock - it helps in sleep or working office
5. Massage regularly using hot stone for blood circulation

Swelling will be less during consolidation
Function should be better over time - walking and driving should not be an issue once you stop lengthening.
Be patience and positive as everyone is different in recovery rate.

wes07

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 06:49:21 PM »

Do you think Ill do good and face less complications if I lengthen no more than 4.5cm LON? I want to be able to sleep and work from home while lengthening?

Bagga

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 06:05:08 AM »

Do you think Ill do good and face less complications if I lengthen no more than 4.5cm LON? I want to be able to sleep and work from home while lengthening?
External nails will have risk of infection on pin sites or internal bones issues.
If you are doing in your own country, it should be lower risk as you can always go back to the clinic for any issues.
Sleeping, moving and shower may be bit challenging.

However, if you need to fly back, the weight bearing internal nail is more suitable.
You can travel back after 3 weeks as the wounds should be closed, not likely to have any infection.
Also internal nail is more comfortable for sleep, shower and mobility with crutches.

Betall87

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 01:43:45 PM »

I hope you can be able to work during the lengenething.. the discomfort and the pain is consistence even with painkillers the pain never go away but it reduce. I am lengething tibia LON now and I regret it. If you have a chance to switch to precise do so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up